Silver/gold champs: failure of communication?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I’ve been at numerous attempts to kill the “Silver” and “Gold” champions at Indigo Cave over the past week, and they’ve all failed – some totally miserably, others heartbreakingly close. As far as I can tell, the primary reason that these events keep failing is that people are either ignorant of or deliberately disobeying three key things that have to be done to succeed at this event:

1) Do not – repeat, NOT – pop the gas bubbles in the cavern until one of the champions is right next to them. Popping them at the right time stuns the champ so that it can be attacked and degraded more easily; popping them at the wrong moment just wastes them.

2) Do not chase the champion teragriffs, because they move a lot faster than you do. Wait for them – preferably near a gas bubble – and when they get close to your position, then pop the bubble and start whaling on the champ.

3) Do NOT attempt to attack the two champs when they’re together. They reinforce each other and inflict huge amounts of damage on the zerg.

TL:DR – typical zerg thinking is worse than useless against those two champs. Since I don’t believe that most people are deliberately ignoring this advice, which has been given over and over again on the map over the last week, I have to think that there’s basically a massive failure of communication/basic organization going on here. The people with commander tags – specifically the people who should have knowledge of how to beat these particular bosses – simply are, for the most part, not stepping up and taking charge, at least on the maps I’ve been on (there are exceptions, though, for instance the leader of my own guild).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Forum ate my post so here’s a short version… basically rely only on yourself and you should succeed every time:
-use zerker gear, bubbles die very quickly
-politely instruct new/clueless players that are randomly attacking bubbles to join the zerg, tho this isn’t a major issue most of the time
-you can pop bubbles even when boss is 2 or 3 charges away
-when boss pops bubble he changes charge direction

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The only way to solve this type of problem is by not having it. Mechanics like this should rely on something else, for example, if you had to pick up a special item to pop the bubbles. There is always going to be that 1 person who is going to run in and simply spam auto attack as they follow everyone else. You could explain the mechanics all you want, but not everyone is going to bother to read it or even care.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

The only one i can think of is to never desing an event consisting of theoretically equal boss fights where one of those boss fights is significantly more difficult (or difficult in a significantly different way) than others.
It’s rather obvious why the gold and silver is failing and will continue to fail on most instances. people that are doing it are, for the most part, those that still need that achievement. So, people that have never succesfully completed that event. Those that managed to do it succesfully, either leave the zone completely, or move to other bosses. Thus, with each fail, the groups consists less and less of people that did get the mechanics, and more and more of people that did not understand the tactics (or understand it, but for some reason cannot execute it succesfully).

Eventually the zone will empty of achievement completers, and then, perhaps, the event will become doable on more consistent basis. Assuming, of course, that there will be enough people for it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Too many people, too much coordination.

Most aren’t going to bother reigning in their aoe to avoid popping the bubbles.

You only need to kill one for the mordrem part right? (the one you need for the shoulders)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

You only need to kill one for the mordrem part right? (the one you need for the shoulders)

You don’t need to kill either of them for the Mordrem part. As long as you participate in the event with the Extractor buff active, even if it fails, you’ll get a Mordrem part afterwards.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

You don’t need to kill either of them for the Mordrem part. As long as you participate in the event with the Extractor buff active, even if it fails, you’ll get a Mordrem part afterwards.

Thank you, that’s a lot more forgiving than I thought it was.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

You could try actually explaining this in game before the event instead of just yelling “OMG noobz way 2 fail the boss again gg scrubs” afterwards (not saying you do that, but ive seen commanders say similar things)

A lot of people dont read the forums or guide sites so theres no other way to learn. For the people that just dont listen at all, I guess just cross your fingers and hope they dont stay logged on for long

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele