Silver salvage gem store item

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Got my 10k achievement chest and 400 gems. This costs 500, so 15 gold to gems.

But what I am wondering if its worth it to use this on normal greens and blue over normal salvage kits?

Since each salvage costs 60 copper, compared to 3,5 when you buy the basic salvage kit.

Anyone?

I know its more of a convenience thing, but yea.

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

No its not, way to expensive.
Save up for the Copper one.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You combine it with the copper salvage-o-matic. Normally you carry around crudes/basics/fines/greens and masters/mystic, so that you can salvage both junk items and rares for globs. So you have to do the same thing with the store kits.

But you can probably turn a profit regardless of using just the silver one.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Got a bunch of mystic forge stones lying around. Just gonna make myself 5 mystic salvage kits. The cost per salvage is 10 copper so yea. A cheaper middle ground. Wont bother with it.

(edited by Pandeh.5248)

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

I use both copper and silver salvage-o-matics. Copper for trash and silver for rares. Those are two amazing QoL items I didn’t hesitated to buy.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Silver-Fed is for use on rares (and exotics with useless runes/sigils).
It is cheaper than a Master Kit (but not cheaper than a Mystic Kit if you use “free” Mystic Forge Stones).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you have an abundance of Forge Stones (the only not easily obtainable material to forge Mystic Forge Kits….the salvage % equivalent of the Silver-o-matic), then buying the Silver-o-matic is a waste….per above, the Copper-O-Matic is a much better investment.

If you use up all you Mystic Forge stones on other MF Flushing, then the Silver-O-Matic is a great item to keep in your bank for Rare / Exotic Salvaging where you don’t feel the need to absolutely obtain the upgrade (BL kits for those).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

Hope the copper one will go on sale soon, the mix of the two is what i want :-) Fed up with all that kit equipping (call me lazy).

(edited by particlepinata.9865)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Silverwastes would be a nightmare for me if I didn’t have the Copper and Silver salvagers on me. Cost effective? No, but I don’t try to copper-pinch. It matters much more to me that I can click away on all the loot I’m salvaging without having to pay attention to my salvage kit charges. I get 200 salvages in every day or two when I’m actively playing, so there’s a ton of peace of mind from the infinite items.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Silverwastes would be a nightmare for me if I didn’t have the Copper and Silver salvagers on me. Cost effective? No, but I don’t try to copper-pinch. It matters much more to me that I can click away on all the loot I’m salvaging without having to pay attention to my salvage kit charges. I get 200 salvages in every day or two when I’m actively playing, so there’s a ton of peace of mind from the infinite items.

This! Doing silver wastes is such a pain, and I end up wasting master kits on less useful salvaging because space becomes a huge hassle. I also am running out of Mystic Forge stones. I just bought my salvage-o-matic but still got a lot of kits clogging some characters. I hope the copper one goes on sale soon. I’ll just but gems for it. . .

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have both. I use the copper on anything green and below, and save the silver for rares and exotics. It typically balances out for me at the end of the day. Depends on what I get that’s worth selling (that isn’t on my ‘to be horded’ list).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Copper for everything but rare and exotic. Silver for rare. Black Lion (I have a ton) for exotic salvage. While they are slightly cheaper than coin bought salvage kits on a per use basis, their primary advantage is never running out while in the field or using more storage space for salvage kits so you don’t run out of them while in the field. I salvage whites, blues and greens on the fly and dump the resulting mats back to collections as a way to keep my storage under control.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I have done a ton of salvaging for SCIENCE over time and I am “only” up to 120,500 lifetime salvages.

The silver-fed saves 1.4 copper per use over the master’s kit (and loses money compared to any other kit, including the mystic kit, if you ignore any value to the mystic stones).

Assuming I owned the silver kit during headstart, I would have saved 16g 87s in the nearly 3 years since I’ve started playing.
(For comparison, the copper-fed saves only 0.52c/use, so its theoretical savings would be a mere 6g26s60c.)

tl;dr the silver-fed isn’t economically advantageous to the average player; there are better uses for your 400 gems.

Naturally, there are non-economic advantages to the silver-fed, but those are available to you by creating Mystic Kits: 250 uses of the same efficacy as silver-fed/master kits, at a per-use cost of 10.5, instead of 61.4c for master’s or 60c for silver-fed.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”