Silverwaste Chest Farming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlackIDove.7510

BlackIDove.7510

Silverwaste was supposed to be a map to do the events and fight multiple bosses, NOT a chest farming map. If GW2 wants to keep chest farming in, make it for a limited time, so that those of us that like doing the events can. It is unfair that those of us who like doing the events have to wait until the chest farming group deems it the right time to do so. I also refuse to jump from map to map to map just to find some people to do events with. Keep the chest farming in, just limit it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Silverwaste was supposed to be a map to do the events and fight multiple bosses, NOT a chest farming map. If GW2 wants to keep chest farming in, make it for a limited time, so that those of us that like doing the events can. It is unfair that those of us who like doing the events have to wait until the chest farming group deems it the right time to do so. I also refuse to jump from map to map to map just to find some people to do events with. Keep the chest farming in, just limit it.

There are usually more event maps than chest farming ones. Use the LFG.

Posted by: Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Unfortunately I don’t see why they should do that since it’s easier for people to just jump maps through LFG system, and I can imagine people throwing one hell of a tantrum if the chest train farming was touched/nerfed in any way, especially right now after the keyfarm nerf.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Make no sense. There is like 10 times more LFG for event maps than chest farm map. Don’t be lazy and use the LFG. Right now everybody can do what they want, either chest farm or event map, so let’s keep it that way.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

This.

You can get dropped into a chest farm map every now and then, but in order for a chest farm to exist people need the Silverwastes Shovels. In order to get shovels, you need to complete events. So the people in the chest farm map have to complete events in other maps and get shovels there.

If you are in a chest farm map and don’t want to be, simply look in in the LFG tool (press Y), and go to Open World events. You should see advertisements labeled something like, “SW50%”, “SW 4/4”, “VW”, or similar. Joining a party from here will allow you to right click on a party member’s icon on the left of your screen and select, “Join in The Silverwastes”, and this will take you to the map that they are in.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

Let me see if I understand this…

you want chest farming, or chest farming maps, or the LFG tool, one or all, nerfed or changed…

even though… literally…

both types of people get their cake
and get to eat it too…

…over and over all day

…because you have to look at LFG for 15 seconds to get EXACTLY where you want to be?

Am I understanding this correctly?!

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Or he used wrong /fake taxi that says sw 60% and land on a chest farm map and now blame the chest farmers instead of the (unwittingly?) fake taxi driver

this happens just look about another sw xy% map and enjoy your event map

(edit: strange one time it change the word "fake to kitten other time not O.o)

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Excuse me how is this a big problem? So chest farmers need to be nerfed just so that you can save 20 seconds of looking for a map? I have never understood the complaints about event maps conflicting with chest maps or vice versa, I have yet to see any real problems, chest maps require shovels to function, and shovels come from event maps, event maps are usually more plentiful than chest maps…what’s the problem here? Just spend more than 5 seconds in LFG and you’ll probably find a decent event map

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

O.k so here’s how a taxi works using the LFG . Pull up world event section, then look for anyone advertising, example( SW 40%.) That means it’s a SW event map at 40% completion till breach. Join the group then right click on the first player and select join in SW. That’s called being taxied, and waalaa you are in a map where everyone has a clear understanding of why they’re there.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yeah…no.

As other have said, use the LFG tool. (This goes both ways if you want an event or chest map.)

Also, I see way more events than chest trains anyways, which is a good thing as it builds up shovels. In fact, I think it’s been about two weeks since I last saw a chest train, and I’m in Silverwastes an hour or two daily.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Annika.7084

Annika.7084

The OP is probably not aware of how to use the LFG menu.

There is no conflict between event and chest maps unless you intentionally make it so.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

SW was designed as both events and chest farming and I have not seen any issues between chest or event players in a long time.

Since players are open to choose which type they use, LFG taxi is an excellent tool for finding the map for you. It’s not for anyone to say ppl shouldn’t be chest farming since it is their time and they aren’t deliberately upsetting anyone.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I am not opposed to the chest farms since its a high level zone and that’s one the places those things make sense to occur in. Have seen some negative maps in the past as people conflict between events and farms though so get where the OP is going. Sooner or later a map will draw a troll that decides that they are either going to block events or block the farm, that’s where the issues come in.

To that end if it were to change then it would fit the flow if the chests only appeared during the timeout period. The natural map flow would then also move the events thru their cycles as people finished the breaches so that they could get back to farming if that was what they were trying to achieve. There is already a pretty good balance in the zone since you need events to acquire shovels for the farm, this would work within that structure.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I do agree that in order to promote cooperative play, chests should only spawn during the cool down period once the VW has been defeated (similar to the sandstorm function in Dry Top), however at this point making such a change would cause anger without really solving anything so I don’t expect them to do anything about it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

you want chest farming, or chest farming maps, or the LFG tool, one or all, nerfed or changed…

even though… literally…

and get to eat it too…

…over and over all day

…because you have to look at LFG for 15 seconds to get EXACTLY where you want to be?

Yes, yes you are and it is unfortunate.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: MrDire.6235

MrDire.6235

I also refuse to jump from map to map to map just to find some people to do events with. Keep the chest farming in, just limit it.

There’s your problem.

Thief – Miss Dire
Thief – Ion Dire
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I don’t do chest farming. On the rare occasion when I zone into a chest farm map, I use the LFG tool to move into an event map. I get the OP point…just doesn’t seem that big of a deal to me.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer to the opening post : This is not a problem. ArenaNet already nerfed it once near the start when Silverwastes was introduced. And, the LFG tool helps to get to a map that does events. And, even if there are few/none available, with a little effort and taxiing people in, you can make even the deadest of maps into an event map.

Also, Silverwastes Shovels are mainly obtained via events (they might be an occasional rare drop of enemies there, but uncertain), so in the end, event maps are necessary to get chest maps.

There are legitimate problems with the game, but this is not one of them. Please move along.

Posted by: Freyah.8912

Freyah.8912

even though… literally…

and get to eat it too…

…over and over all day

This.
I honestly don’t understand the problem OP has…

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I find the chest farm almost as exciting as following a commander around a WvW map, just one has much better loot and the other dosent put you to sleep so fast.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

OP has a point. It’s disruptive to the intent of the map. Silverwastes is about events, not farming. I’m pretty sure Anet never intended for the map to be one or the other. Chest train farming are just an unintended consequence of it. I highly doubt Anet will change it.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Translation of OP: “I don’t like how these other players decide how to spend their playtime. Please force them to play the way I wish them to play.”

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

OP has a point. It’s disruptive to the intent of the map. Silverwastes is about events, not farming. I’m pretty sure Anet never intended for the map to be one or the other. Chest train farming are just an unintended consequence of it. I highly doubt Anet will change it.

If Anet didn’t saw that coming, they should all be fired. Chest were OBVIOUSLY made as a farming content. If they didn’t want it that they, they should have made the shovel only discover the chest for yourself, but they didn’t. The day silverwaste when online, there were already chest farm and it was insane with instant opening of chest and we were getting more crest from chest that we needed to buy key.

Obvious intended farm is obvious.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

-Complains that SW chest farmers are greedy and force someone to farm
-Doesn’t look in LFG to get on the right map.
-Demands people who are not doing anything wrong to be limited.

Did I miss anything?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Did I miss anything?

The demanding stomping of the foot for emphasis?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Did I miss anything?

The demanding stomping of the foot for emphasis?

Crap I knew I left out the important part! Thank you! XD

Posted by: Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Get over yourself and use the tools ingame.

Only nerds read this.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It’s seldom that every single response in a thread goes the same way. Congratulations TC, you managed to create (through infinite egoism) just such a topic.

Now learn to use the lfg tool and stop running around trying to ruin other players fun.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anet should limit the chests to 100 per week per account

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Not sure if serious. You do understand how this would affect prices on the trading post right?

Hint: less supply → higher price (for crafting materials for example).

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

System is perfect as is

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

Okay, let me get this straight: You like one thing over the other thing, but some people tell you to not do your thing, so now you want Anet to force everyone to do the one thing you like? hmm to me you just sound like the guys that want you to do their thing…

Posted by: Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Please don’t go giving them any more ideas on what to limit and nerf in this game. XD

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Okay, let me get this straight: You like one thing over the other thing, but some people tell you to not do your thing, so now you want Anet to force everyone to do the one thing you like? hmm to me you just sound like the guys that want you to do their thing…

Yeah. That’s how a lot of these solutions end up being for the problems that they think exists. They always end up being hypocritical. You’ll often see the same line of reasoning in the anti-meta, anti-skipping, anti-stacking, anti-berserker, and etc threads.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Not sure if serious. You do understand how this would affect prices on the trading post right?

Hint: less supply -> higher price (for crafting materials for example).

High price is nice. I will get more gold for my loot.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it’s an interesting situation. because you have to play the map to be able to farm the chests. you don’t get enough crests from chests to keep going in perpetuity. Because of that, I don’t see the farming as much of a problem.
If they really wanted to decrease farming, I would recommend slightly decreasing how many crests the chests give.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

High price is nice. I will get more gold for my loot.

Because the heck with everyone else, right? #smh

OP, how about a “No” to your suggestion from me too. Farming is part of gaming. This maps excels at it and should not be changed at all. Use the LFG tool and find the style of map you are looking for. For Pete’s sake there’s only 2 variables! Choosing between A or B is asking too much effort for you to choose from?

Or, this thread is really about greed and envy. The OP simply wants no one else to have anything good and so asked for it to be removed. Kinda trollish if you ask me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

This thread is an answer looking for a problem. Just use LFG to get an event map – they vastly outnumber chest farm maps.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

NERF CHEST FARM!!!!!!!

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

I wonder how OP would feel if the bonus and final VW chests were limited to once per day like world bosses…

It’s not hard to open the LFG and hop onto another map. If you happen upon an empty/abandoned map then capture some forts and start taxing once progress hits 30-40%. Your map will fill in no time, plus it feels great to get an event map rolling by yourself.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Just make chests only spawn during timeout. This incentivises people to do the events, and with megaservers you can just jump to a timeout map if you want to chest train. This doesn’t mean chest farming won’t be nerfed some, but it does help create balance. It is a much better piecemeal then either creating hard loot limits or nerfing the chests themselves.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

^^ So much this! It really is that simple to find the perfect map for what you need/want to do in SW.

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

I hope that can be 107 per week

I can get 1 chest per day in my home

Posted by: Azelvan.2153

Azelvan.2153

SW already balanced as it is. People still need to do events to farm shovels, and 70% of LFG in SW is event map. They might make adjustment to it once HoT kicks in, but right now there is really nothing to fix. Just jump to another map if you land on chest farm map.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Make no sense. There is like 10 times more LFG for event maps than chest farm map. Don’t be lazy and use the LFG. Right now everybody can do what they want, either chest farm or event map, so let’s keep it that way.

Your reply is what makes no sense.. never since SW was patched from the original buried chest spawn has there ever been 10x more event maps than there are CF maps…

Event maps are hard to find most days unless your prepared to sit and wait a whiles for one to pop, or try to get lucky jumping maps to hit an empty copy where you can start your own.

Chest farm maps are a poor lazy game design aimed at trying to retain as many players in game for as long as possible in the hope that more gem sales will happen to buy the latest re-skinned, re-themed item in the store. But ANET like it that way, they like all the failtrain and chest farms because it does just what they want… keeps players logged in longer meaning they don’t have to take more time than necessary actually developing meaningful content that has a lot better replay value.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Event maps are hard to find most days unless your prepared to sit and wait a whiles for one to pop, or try to get lucky jumping maps to hit an empty copy where you can start your own.

What game are you playing? Apparently not GW2 lol. In all the time since SW has been out I’ve never had trouble finding an event map. Its the chest farm maps that are hard to find / get into. Event maps are going 24/7.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

Your reply is what makes no sense.. never since SW was patched from the original buried chest spawn has there ever been 10x more event maps than there are CF maps…

Chest farm maps are a poor lazy game design aimed at trying to retain as many players in game for as long as possible in the hope that more gem sales will happen to buy the latest re-skinned, re-themed item in the store. But ANET like it that way, they like all the failtrain and chest farms because it does just what they want… keeps players logged in longer meaning they don’t have to take more time than necessary actually developing meaningful content that has a lot better replay value.

Another solution for event farmers is to start them on their own. Do you really need others to get events to 40% or similar, before you join?
I rarely use LFG tool and if I want to farm events, I simply start them on my own. Maybe I will not be able to get enough people to join me, due to others farming chests or map simply being empty of active players, but I at least have a chance of getting shovels and other rewards for attacking or defending forts.
I understand frustration of being in a chest farm map while wanting to farm events, but the solution really is very simple and very fast.
Nerfing chests would make SW a terribly boring zone. There would literally be nothing else but event FARMING to do. Would you really like that?

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

You are a funny guy. I do every day around 5 eventmaps/vw per hour. After I have done one it takes around 1 min. in average until I have aa lfg group with SW events 70%+.

I can underatand that it seems hard to NOT get a sw 70%+. So if you want todo full event map from 0-100% then I have an awesome solution for you: Just relog! You will get an empty 0% SW like 99% of the times.
Ther you can grind solo these events up to ~80% and for the Rest people will join ‘automatically’!

Your rant against cf is out of place. It is really hard to find a cf map during primetime and it takes alot time and effort to get one. So if you are lucky to find a cf map, then you should embrace the farm, so you have at least a little bit fun ingame

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

So if you are lucky to find a cf map, then you should embrace the farm, so you have at least a little bit fun ingame

Never really saw the “fun” in following a tag around and waiting for a map ping. But to each their own I guess.

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

So if you are lucky to find a cf map, then you should embrace the farm, so you have at least a little bit fun ingame

Never really saw the “fun” in following a tag around and waiting for a map ping. But to each their own I guess.

I have to agree doing chest farms is not really fun. I am usually capable of doing max 2-3 runs before I get bored, but the cramps I get in my right finger when I have to make hundreds of clicks to open bags or use essences of luck, is fun.
Or is that due to me collecting all those rewards and materials I desperately need? I never could tell.