Silverwaste Legendary achievement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaiju chi.3620

Kaiju chi.3620

I got the 1 of the legendary, but not one other has spawned in a ton of maps and someone said they have been doing sw for a week and still no spawn what am I missing to get the spawn?

Posted by: TuyenPham.7064

TuyenPham.7064

Patience, and luck…

You can try camping the forts for them (Demolisher – Indigo, Annihilator – Red, Executioner – Amber, Tormentor – Blue) if you want to push your luck. They only spawn during the defense event of the fort, and have higher chance to spawn when the fort is level 3 or more. So just stay at one fort that you need legend and pray that you’ll be lucky.

….map chat helps too.

It took me more than 2 weeks camping in SW everyday to get all of them.

Kaiju chi.3620

Another thing is like right now I logged in and was put into a new dead map and could see a 40% sw LFG taxi but it filled and disapeared… like am i just unlucky? why would it not put me on the 40% is there a max allowed amount of players or something?

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve been doing SW off-and-on for the past week and saw all four spawn, some twice, since then.

And yes, maps do have a cap for number of players in them – soft caps for when new maps open and hard caps where no more can be brought into the map until someone leaves.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

It was not that difficult for me to find all 4. But ofc I was actually farming shovels for guild hall so I was around the map a lot. Pick 1 fort you are missing Leg from, upgrade it, defend it. Keep an eye on the map chat – normally people will call out Legs there.

Also found it easier to just tag up yourself and start doing events. People will join and help you. Its easier and faster then waste time on that useless LFG.

Kaiju chi.3620

Oh okay I see now was coming in late and maps were full good to know its pretty active map. also got lucky and tormentor spawned at blue so that is two legendary down.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Another thing is like right now I logged in and was put into a new dead map and could see a 40% sw LFG taxi but it filled and disapeared… like am i just unlucky? why would it not put me on the 40% is there a max allowed amount of players or something?

Yes, there is, I believe, both a soft cap and a hard cap on number of players. Soft cap results in a spin-off shard and hard cap results in the “Map is full” message.

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

The higher defense level on an sw map, the higher chance for a legendary to spawn. So you simply have to camp each fort, as they alway spawn in set locations.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Proclaim frequently in map chat that you’re looking for a specific legendary. RNG magic will see it and spawn every legendary but the one you announced! It also helps to be as far from the respective base as possible.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Proclaim frequently in map chat that you’re looking for a specific legendary. RNG magic will see it and spawn every legendary but the one you announced! It also helps to be as far from the respective base as possible.

Thats is true. Yesterday at least 3 different people were trying to find Leg at Yellow base and we got 3 Red Legs within 10 minutes.

Kaiju chi.3620

Yup I have 3 legendary’s down , and the remaining leg is The Mordrem Demolisher which a lot of people in map chat yesterday said its the rarest one. A guy I was Pming with said he was looking for it for about 3 months playing few times a week. Also need a little enlightenment about the spawn chance does helping the pack bulls to indigo cave increase my odds? This place (Silverwaste) is going to become and eyesore camping the same cave for a long time.

Also I have 2k crest and 100 bandit keys what should I do with all the crest just get more keys?

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

Each keep has its own legendary and it only spawn when that keep is at highest defense.

Kaiju chi.3620

OKay how do i cap the defense before breach?