Silverwaste is now awesome!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warpinator.9860

Warpinator.9860

No more bullet sponge, thank god ! mostly for World Boss, it took way too long and it was simply boring ! People who AFK have a higher chance to miss the events, 100% success + stress free, No frustration in Map Chat so less toxicity and Players are more active on doing events rather to AFK to wait for the patch to be open at VW and waiting for the breach.

Players who disagree are:

- think SW is an eSport event

- love to explain everything in map chat because you “look cool”

- love to AFK

- think this game is challenging

Before the patch, I would simply go to the champion/world boss , press 1 and look at my second monitor.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Uh, people explain things in SW in map chat because many people don’t know how to properly do the fights. I personally feel that large PvE fights should be near impossible if people ignore the intended mechanics. Presenting such fights in a way that lets a handful of clueless people tank the event is just poor design.

Warpinator.9860

Uh, people explain things in SW in map chat because many people don’t know how to properly do the fights. I personally feel that large PvE fights should be near impossible if people ignore the intended mechanics. Presenting such fights in a way that lets a handful of clueless people tank the event is just poor design.

SW been there for a long time, people know what to do.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

No, people who disagree think the game should be challenging.

And given the second point on this post Anet agrees that the world bosses are too weak. Given that HoT will be having more challenging content, and that the game has been getting progressively more challenging content since release, shows that Anet agrees.

Guild Wars 2 is too easy.

(but then they go and make balance changes like giving everyone four additional traits to use…)

Before the patch, I would simply go to the champion/world boss , press 1 and look at my second monitor.

And it’s the exact same now, except you have less time to look at your second monitor.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

not with the constant influx of newer players.

the OP admitting he likes to afk boss fights is a solid reason why they should be fixed

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Warpinator.9860

No, people who disagree think the game should be challenging.

And given the second point on this post Anet agrees that the world bosses are too weak. Given that HoT will be having more challenging content, and that the game has been getting progressively more challenging content since release, shows that Anet agrees.

Guild Wars 2 is too easy.

(but then they go and make balance changes like giving everyone four additional traits to use…)

And it’s the exact same now, except you have less time to look at your second monitor.

Guild Wars will always be too easy because it is casual focus. If you are looking for an Hardcore MMO game, GW2 isn’t.

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

All pve can be solved, therefore no pve can be challenging. You just follow the solution and you win.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Guild Wars will always be too easy because it is casual focus. If you are looking for an Hardcore MMO game, GW2 isn’t.

GW1 was a casual focus but it was definitely more challenging than GW2 can ever hope to be at this state.

No one said hardcore.

But it’s pretty blatantly clear that your ideal of how GW2 should be isn’t Anet’s ideal.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Making it even easier is not the way to go. They need to buff up the difficulty. Luckily Anet has already recognized that world bosses are too easy, so they might look into fixing the situation.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The bosses have always died this fast… when the average player didn’t show up. Now it’s as if everyone’s doing similar DPS to what a zerker did prior to the patch. Of course, the smaller groups that were killing the bosses fast before are even faster now.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Dry Top has been there even longer, and I guarantee that people there often do not know what to do. Even some that do it regularly never bothered to learn the mechanics of the events. Thus, for example, after all this time, people still go straight for the tendril and ignore the roots.

There is also a constant influx of new players. Some questions are so common that I have a text file set up with answers that I can cut-and-paste into chat, because every time I’m in Dry Top at least one of those questions will come up, and I’m in Dry Top every day.

OTOH, I’ve spent virtually no time in SW so I don’t know the events there very well. I’ve never done Vinewrath and know nothing about that event at all.

So much for people knowing what to do.

But there’s nothing new about this. There are still many people who don’t know the mechanics of events in maps that have been here since the game was released. People have to be told what to do for Teq, for example.

“Wade in and kill anything that moves” is the default mechanic for events, and that’s exactly what many people will do for any given event unless told otherwise. Which, of course, leads to failure when faced with an event requiring prioritizing targets, NOT killing certain targets, attacking the right target at the right time, or doing anything other than mindlessly whacking at a target until it dies.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Seriously? I have been maps that failed Breach. Especially Indigo when players pop the bubbles because it is a target. And map chat was already telling people NOT to pop the bubbles. Also they are people there telling people during the fight NOT to pop the bubble when the boss are not near it. Guess what? Breach failed.

VineWrath…
Every time someone at map chat will tell everyone there about the mechanics of the fight for the VW champs. It’s not because they want to look cool. They want the event to not fail.
Guess what again. Beekeeper WIPED because not enough people were making the beehive shield. Failed.

In another instance, Thrasher boss. No one cast reflects. Only 1 mes and Me cast reflection skills. Guess what? FAILED again.

Have you seen people fail Duck Wing Duck? I have been in one. Because people don’t know to pop the triggerbloom to stand on top of it. Most of them are dead and refuse to waypoint out to downscale. Failed again.

I have been in VW maps that failed all three in a single go. And I saw people in map chat telling everyone how the mechanics for the boss.

So, you tell me if people in SW knows about how to fight the bosses there.

Oh, and I am one of the cool ones, because I always tell about the mechanics of how to fight the boss in map chat. :P

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

Tell that to the people that hack at Tequatl’s feet for the first 5 minutes of the fight.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Actually just made it to the silverwaste about a week ago. Had the game going on 4 -5 (bought 4 copies for the entire family including pre orders for HoT) months maybe and most of my time was spent in WvW. So yeah if someone cares to give pointers on a boss, or directions its appreciated.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Haven’t noticed any difference, personally.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

First time I joined SW after patch the red breach boss died in under 30 secs, I’m not joking, it literally melted. And the rest of the bosses took around the same time, I think indigo took the most at around 60 secs. There is no excuse to fail the breach or VW now.
Same for Tequatl, died with 10:13 mins to spare.

Imo stuff needs to be balanced when it comes to these events, haven’t tried the rest.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

All pve can be solved, therefore no pve can be challenging. You just follow the solution and you win.

Math problems can be solved, too. Doesn’t mean there aren’t challenging math problems.

SirDrygan.1823

First time I joined SW after patch the red breach boss died in under 30 secs, I’m not joking, it literally melted. And the rest of the bosses took around the same time, I think indigo took the most at around 60 secs. There is no excuse to fail the breach or VW now.
Same for Tequatl, died with 10:13 mins to spare.

Imo stuff needs to be balanced when it comes to these events, haven’t tried the rest.

Then you must camp at SW more. Because Indigo is the most frequent fails on avg.
From my experience with a full map (not those last minute TAXI people in maps), Indigo is the one people try to worry if they don’t see the yellow announcement after the timer hits 1:59mins.
I have been in a few maps that 3/5 Breach. Surprisingly, Indigo score it first. It was Amber and Blue that failed. LOL.
Then there is the Husk that failed at 1%. I was there on one occasions because people AOE too much and not enough condi dmg.

VineWrath is even hilarious.
There was once all 3 failed in one go. Everyone was QQing in map chat. Everyone wiped. LOL. Duck Wing Duck got 9 person went in, Ended up I was soloing it until I got splattered on the floor. I was loling very hard reading map chat QQing each other about “Noobs should learn the mechanics and not just press 1”… something like that.
Once South Failed miserably that Mid and North completed everything. and the QQing starts again in map chat. Lol again.

The most memorable was when I got taxi in to a map 0/3, 14/15. It was a fail waiting to happen. Guess what? That map pulled off a comeback to get 3/3, 14/15. We were like, “How did that even happened?” “Greatest comeback ever!”

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

I’m one of those people who doesn’t know too much about SW as I haven’t done much in there. When in a breach for the first time I read ’don’t pop the bubbles’ I swapped tactics so as not to do any AoE damage. We still failed as lots of other people seemed to be just hitting the bubbles.

Always makes me wonder what is happening in the minds of those people who totally ignore advice from players who know how to do an event. I usually imagine they can’t see the chat panel as they are too busy rolling their face across their keyboard while trying to wipe away the drool.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

SirDrygan.1823

I’m one of those people who doesn’t know too much about SW as I haven’t done much in there. When in a breach for the first time I read ’don’t pop the bubbles’ I swapped tactics so as not to do any AoE damage. We still failed as lots of other people seemed to be just hitting the bubbles.

Always makes me wonder what is happening in the minds of those people who totally ignore advice from players who know how to do an event. I usually imagine they can’t see the chat panel as they are too busy rolling their face across their keyboard while trying to wipe away the drool.

lol. Maybe they are the family cats, dogs or pets that are actually playing the game and they only know how to press 1 and attack anything that moves. No wonder…..

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

No more bullet sponge, thank god ! mostly for World Boss, it took way too long and it was simply boring ! People who AFK have a higher chance to miss the events, 100% success + stress free, No frustration in Map Chat so less toxicity and Players are more active on doing events rather to AFK to wait for the patch to be open at VW and waiting for the breach.

- think SW is an eSport event

- love to explain everything in map chat because you “look cool”

- love to AFK

Yeah because farming an event with 100% success rate is really fun. Why is it you people polarize everything taking things to the extreme? The marionete wasnt an esport, but was much more fun than this watch and collect rewards fiasco.

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

You have no idea how much the failure rate at Indigo increased because of the beta key event.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you jump into Indigo within a few seconds after it opens and nobody goes right, you can pretty much guarantee a success regardless if people randomly pop bubbles after the first set.

Always start with the left bubble. As the second teragriff on the right side stops next to bubble (on the right), wait a second then pop it. This will cause both teragriffs to be in sync with that 1 bubble and only require the 3 of them. You only have to hope that at least 1 player is competent enough on the other side to pop the bubble. If you can manage starting that cycle, the bubbles basically respawn in sync with the teragriffs, so it doesn’t matter if people pop them early or not.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

The PvE content has definitely gotten way too easy, even more so than before. Had a fun thing happen though, tequatl’s, 3rd time we downed him, every started going back at 20, all objectives at greater than 50% health. The whole map stacks up, then someone, the mega laser health just drops to zero in an instant. Ohhhh man did we scramble to get back and finish the fight, turrets had to be repaired, there were still champs that had spawned and took a while for us to kill in the divided groups. Now that was a tough fight.

they need to be giving bosses some condition reflects or ways to fight back against damaging conditions at least. Thats the biggest problem. And damage seems like it has increased for power builds as well, though conditions are the main problem, specifically burning.

What we’re seeing is the problems of balancing a game completely around direct damage, and then suddenly making another damage type viable, the game was not designed around conditions being able to stack greater than 25 stacks.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Math problems can be solved, too. Doesn’t mean there aren’t challenging math problems.

That’s actually a pretty good comparison because both generally only need ‘solving’ when you first encounter them or something changes. Dungeons also seemed more challenging when the game first released, before everyone began to memorize what worked and just repeat it. So did Tequatl when it changed, but now all I have to do is show up early enough to avoid the ‘special’ maps (and hope not to crash) and it’s basically a sure thing.

It’s a big part of why so much content in this game gets boring so quickly.

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

A lot of the PvE Difficulty issues will probably be fixed when break bars and Resistance gets implemented on World Bosses.

That being said, I do think that SW is more fun, partially because I love seeing absurd condition ticks on my Engi or being able to lifesteal sustain while tanking Copper on my Necro (!), but also because it does feel like the enemies are a lot less spongy (which is a really lazy way to make encounters difficult, IMHO).

PvE needs more play and counterplay, lest everything become a lazy dps race like it was before.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

That’s actually a pretty good comparison because both generally only need ‘solving’ when you first encounter them or something changes. Dungeons also seemed more challenging when the game first released, before everyone began to memorize what worked and just repeat it. So did Tequatl when it changed, but now all I have to do is show up early enough to avoid the ‘special’ maps (and hope not to crash) and it’s basically a sure thing.

It’s a big part of why so much content in this game gets boring so quickly.

Dungeons are also boring because most of the content is skippable -.-

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

That’s not entirely true.

You may know he plan, but you have to excecute it properly or you dont make it.

Knowing what to do, and knowing how to do it, are two different things.

The challenge comes in figuring out what to do, and excecuting accordingly.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It’s awesomely empty in EU right now :/

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Dungeons are also boring because most of the content is skippable -.-

That would only make them boring if fighting trash was fun in the first place.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I find some gw2 content quite challenging actually

And I also like it when people give helpful (and I mean helpful) directions in chat, too. I don’t think I know the mechanics of every single world boss event, and I kinda hope I’m not the only one lol

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

How to SW:

Breach: let it fail.
VW: North = range, Mid = reflects, South = AFK.
Chest trains: Start 5min before or during VW.

How to Dry Top:

Don’t