Silverwastes Afking during Vinewrath

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Syncro.3648

Syncro.3648

Here is something we all know, Top is always short of men, middle is the difficult one, and has most chance of failing…. Bottom…plagued by Afkers.

It is very annoying and sometimes very difficult to finish an event when there are only 4 active players and 20 afk’ers. And this is not exaggerated. Result… that many afking players upscale the event a lot and making it impossible to finish, and even fail the event.

Its very very frustrating when u have worked for an hour to get the defenses in the forts up, made a successful breach and then see it thrown away by afkers. And more frustrating to see those afking players suddenly come to life to claim their reward.

When they are asked why they are afk for so long, u get answers like:
“because its easy money doing nothing”
“because I’m lazy”
" leave me alone I’m chatting to my guild"
and most of the time, u don’t get a response at all.
etc etc…

So the question to Anet is:

Is it not possible that during VineWrath, and automated system kicks out afkers after like 5 minutes and puts the player in the login screen, and thus making room for active players? I never liked the whole idea of killing one mob and still get the full reward, but this one is really pushing it and is frustrating to alot of players.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’m not certain why the event is scaled by afk’ers. I thought all the original event content prevented afk or non participant players from scaling events since it could grief players trying to complete the events.

Seems like a bug or programming oversight for Vinewrath to scale with afk’ers.

Posted by: NexForce.9305

NexForce.9305

They have this system for World versus World, yet they don’t implement it in the open world.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Lowering the kick timer won’t change anything because they’re not actually AFK. Even if they were, they would simply use auto run or a macro to bypass it.

As an alternative, teach them how to AFK events without griefing them. To get credit for an event, all you have to do is deal a bit of damage or kill a few enemies. Either participate in one of the boss fights or simply assist with killing one of the waves. After that, you’re done. You have enough contribution to simply AFK the rest of the event, so go AFK around Indigo so you don’t count towards scaling.

Until ArenaNet fixes contribution, there is no solution to leechers. The problem with fixing contribution however is that the casuals are punished and there’s little incentive to participate if you’re late.

Seems like a bug or programming oversight for Vinewrath to scale with afk’ers.

Scaling originally worked by only counting players that were “active” (basically in combat) with the event. The problem with that however was that a large group of players could kill a boss before it actually scaled because they didn’t actually count until they dealt damage. Scaling was changed during season 1. Now it’s simple. Everyone within the event’s area is counted regardless of what they’re doing or if they’re even alive.

Syncro.3648

in my opinion autorun can be countered, because i have seen it done in other games. And for macro’s, maybe i have missed it, but i do not believe that u can use macro’s unless u are using a third party program wich is is not allowed and a violation of the TOS. Neither am i a fan of things like “u have enough contribution, now u can go AFK and claim your reward afterwards”. Afk leeching in total should be handled, not teaching the public how to AFK properly in a zone where a huge event is occurring. Instead, if u want to AFK, do it in major cities like RS, LA or BC.

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

Here is something we all know, Top is always short of men, middle is the difficult one, and has most chance of failing…. Bottom…plagued by Afkers.

It is very annoying and sometimes very difficult to finish an event when there are only 4 active players and 20 afk’ers. And this is not exaggerated. Result… that many afking players upscale the event a lot and making it impossible to finish, and even fail the event.

Its very very frustrating when u have worked for an hour to get the defenses in the forts up, made a successful breach and then see it thrown away by afkers. And more frustrating to see those afking players suddenly come to life to claim their reward.

When they are asked why they are afk for so long, u get answers like:
“because its easy money doing nothing”
“because I’m lazy”
" leave me alone I’m chatting to my guild"
and most of the time, u don’t get a response at all.
etc etc…

So the question to Anet is:

Is it not possible that during VineWrath, and automated system kicks out afkers after like 5 minutes and puts the player in the login screen, and thus making room for active players? I never liked the whole idea of killing one mob and still get the full reward, but this one is really pushing it and is frustrating to alot of players.

I don’t see your problem. Vinewrath works fine these days.

Syncro.3648

the only reason it goes fine, is because all classes have their outgoing dmg increased, the problem with afk’ers is still there.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I don’t see your problem. Vinewrath works fine these days.

Not sure if it is OPs problem aswell but I hate it when I have to do all the dirty work and people who do nothing get the same reward as I do and sometimes even boast about it. I don’t know why A.Net doesnt punish these players but they pretty much ruin every VW run for me.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Syncro.3648

exactly kokiman, that too seems very unfair. But there are players out there, that don’t care about it, as long as it gets finished.
After Flawlezz his reply i got a bit worried… thinking “is it really only me that is having a problem with this?”
But i’m glad there are more players out there who experience the same thing