Simon, the Beggar

Simon, the Beggar

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

“Hi guys, I am now playing the role of a bum. Any charity will do. 1 copper, 2 copper, 1 silver! For the sake of good will! Donate me money!”

Discuss! Have you ever felt that if we had a beggar in gw2, you might run away from the game and never look back? What should we do with these type of people

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

“Hi guys, I am now playing the role of a bum. Any charity will do. 1 copper, 2 copper, 1 silver! For the sake of good will! Donate me money!”

Discuss! Have you ever felt that if we had a beggar in gw2, you might run away from the game and never look back? What should we do with these type of people

Beyond putting them on your Ignore list? There’s sadly not much we can do about it in a PvE game. Peer pressure won’t work on people like that and they’re not really violating any Code of Conduct rules.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Never seen one on my server, making money is pretty easy

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

I once had someone ask me for 3 gold so he could buy a certain Superior signet. I said yes, if he could give me 5 gold so I could get a Superior signet of Battle. He said OK. I did not send him money.

When I mentioned him on mapchat though, people groaned, and one person sent me a joke e-mail that I still keep to this day for a chuckle now and then.

Hello friend, my name is [name removed], princess of queensdale. As im sure you have heard my father the king has recently died and left me a great fortune. I wish to share with you his fortune but I need your help in order to access his account at the queensdale bank of queens dale. Please send the amount of 1 gold to me so I know I can trust you with my fathers fortune.

Random, silly, yet amusing.

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I once had someone ask me for 3 gold so he could buy a certain Superior signet. I said yes, if he could give me 5 gold so I could get a Superior signet of Battle. He said OK. I did not send him money.

When I mentioned him on mapchat though, people groaned, and one person sent me a joke e-mail that I still keep to this day for a chuckle now and then.

Hello friend, my name is [name removed], princess of queensdale. As im sure you have heard my father the king has recently died and left me a great fortune. I wish to share with you his fortune but I need your help in order to access his account at the queensdale bank of queens dale. Please send the amount of 1 gold to me so I know I can trust you with my fathers fortune.

Lol in game foreign lottery/inheritances scam ftw.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I will not give money to anyone who just says on the mapchat “can some1 plz gimme munny!!!!!1” – but!

I would give money to someone who puts a little effort into it, like RP’ing a character that would use their speech skills to get a few coins, and makes tries to make it lore-appropriate. I once met a guy saying centaurs had stolen his bag of gold and he really needs 10 silver to pay his rent. It was funny, it was a lot more clever than your random map chat spam and it makes you feel like this is an actual environment. This is after all an RPG.

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

My standard response to beggars for the last 9 years has been:

“Have you tried asking any of the mobs? I hear they have very good loan rates.”

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve given coin to people who’ve role-played beggars in other games. But, no, I’ve never ever given money to anyone that simply begged for it over chat.

I tend to dismiss them as lazy.

Gone to Reddit.

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

I have tried to rent out unused spaces in my guild vault, but no one have ever taken me up on my offer…

And I have great rates too…600 gems for 30 spaces!!!!! ridiculous. Store your items in my rental spaces for the low, low price of 5 copper per space per month. Just shoot me a quick message when you need your spare stack of ecto back, and I’ll get right on it.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Funny!

I get those in rl!

Simon, the Beggar

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I have tried to rent out unused spaces in my guild vault, but no one have ever taken me up on my offer…

And I have great rates too…600 gems for 30 spaces!!!!! ridiculous. Store your items in my rental spaces for the low, low price of 5 copper per space per month. Just shoot me a quick message when you need your spare stack of ecto back, and I’ll get right on it.

What a great idea! You could have “Storage Wars” type auctions, too, at some point.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server