Simple question about leveling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skywere.8612

skywere.8612

I have not played GW2 in a long time but when i logged in i noticed this (see image).
Does this mean we can over level 80 now??

Attachments:

Posted by: eye floater.7140

eye floater.7140

You didn’t attach a picture. And no, 80 is still the cap!

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

No image showed up, but I’m going to guess it’s referring to the Mastery tracks.

No, you still cannot level over 80; when you hit 80, experience gained contributes to account-wide Mastery tracks. When you fill up a track’s XP bar, you use Mastery points acquired from achievements or specific places of power in the world to learn them. They do stuff like unlock gliding, the new Legendary collections, auto loot and city swiftness boost, etc.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

the image shows someone with the number 149 which is how many mastery points they have

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

skywere.8612

No image showed up, but I’m going to guess it’s referring to the Mastery tracks.

No, you still cannot level over 80; when you hit 80, experience gained contributes to account-wide Mastery tracks. When you fill up a track’s XP bar, you use Mastery points acquired from achievements or specific places of power in the world to learn them. They do stuff like unlock gliding, the new Legendary collections, auto loot and city swiftness boost, etc.

I see, you need the Heart of Thorns DLC for that right?

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

Yes, you need the expansion (it’s a wee bit more than DLC, lol) for it.

Otherwise, someone will still just show up as “80” there.

skywere.8612

Yes, you need the expansion (it’s a wee bit more than DLC, lol) for it.

Otherwise, someone will still just show up as “80” there.

I see, i think i’m up to date again :P
Thanks for the quick answer.