Situation untenable.

Situation untenable.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elydian.1763

Elydian.1763

I feel exactly the same way as you. It’s astonishing really, because a week ago I had no real issues with the game at all. I really don’t want my adventures in North Kore…sorry…Tyria to come to an end so soon, but I have no motivation to play anymore since the patch – it just seems futile.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Yeah, I didnt really care for looting, I normally ignored the corpses but the ones I do check sometimes yield, but it seems that in this new patch the anti farming patch, Im going to be penalized aswell.

Also now with my source of income fubared with the slashed rewards of dungeoneering…

It looks like the only reason Im going to come online is to kill players.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: ccrazool.2905

ccrazool.2905

You’re quite a different kind of gamer than I am, for sure. I don’t think my experience would relate to yours at all. I haven’t got full completion on all the sub-35 zones yet (which has really turned out to be a good “seeing all the sights” gauge), and I haven’t even seen the 50+ zones yet. I’m lvl 43 and haven’t been to Ascalon Catacombs once yet… though that’s mostly due to me not looking for groups. Like I said, I have a lot of sights left to see. Also, I have played to ~lvl10 with a lot of different classes and races to find one that I liked, so I guess that took some time. But I haven’t bought any gems at all, and I forsee literally months’ worth of gameplay ahead of me. You played it out in a couple weeks, which is a pace I can’t imagine. I hope you can get some satisfaction out of your purchases, but I dunno about the “hemorrhaging players” stuff.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

You’re quite a different kind of gamer than I am, for sure. I don’t think my experience would relate to yours at all. I haven’t got full completion on all the sub-35 zones yet (which has really turned out to be a good “seeing all the sights” gauge), and I haven’t even seen the 50+ zones yet. I’m lvl 43 and haven’t been to Ascalon Catacombs once yet… though that’s mostly due to me not looking for groups. Like I said, I have a lot of sights left to see. Also, I have played to ~lvl10 with a lot of different classes and races to find one that I liked, so I guess that took some time. But I haven’t bought any gems at all, and I forsee literally months’ worth of gameplay ahead of me. You played it out in a couple weeks, which is a pace I can’t imagine. I hope you can get some satisfaction out of your purchases, but I dunno about the “hemorrhaging players” stuff.

You don’t have to be a hardcore player to be upset about these dungeon changes. My highest level character is 42 and they make me upset too because I identify with the token prices for armors being way too high.

I suggest you stay out of dungeons and don’t look at the skins lest it ruin the illusion of a fantastic game that pretends it doesn’t have a carrot on a stick.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Rainfall.4017

Rainfall.4017

You don’t have to be a hardcore player to be upset about these dungeon changes. My highest level character is 42 and they make me upset too because I identify with the token prices for armors being way too high.

I suggest you stay out of dungeons and don’t look at the skins lest it ruin the illusion of a fantastic game that pretends it doesn’t have a carrot on a stick.

Regardless of anything else you say. You obviously don’t understand the concept of carrot on a stick. So stop talking about it like you do.

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Sannou.8632

Sannou.8632

I’m enjoying this game, but I hate the cap. Respect to the OP, this was very well written.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Imakkiman.2875

Imakkiman.2875

I agree, lots of love to the game, but all the caps in rewards are stupid. If i want to farm something please let me.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

I agree with the OP.

It’s one thing to try and balance the loot/reward system to prevent situations where one specific activity is yielding far too much money compared to everything else, but right now it feels like Anet are simply intent on preventing players from having ANY way to make money at more than a snail’s pace.

I would be inclined to believe they’ve completely gone off their rocker, if only it weren’t for the presence of the gem store and the rather obvious gem -> gold trade staring us in the face. Combined with the raised cost of many of the “shinies” in one of the other patches, it feels like they’re just working on drawing out the time needed to obtain those shinies as much as they can possibly manage in the hopes more players will take the shortcut of buying gems.

I really hate such manipulative business practices and I guess I was a fool for ever believing that we wouldn’t see it in this game – not with NCsoft having their paws on this franchise (and through them some the biggest exploiters of F2P titles with cruddy cash shops). :/

(edited by Amarinth.8534)

Situation untenable.

Posted by: FootDive.3451

FootDive.3451

Regardless of anything else you say. You obviously don’t understand the concept of carrot on a stick. So stop talking about it like you do.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: BuFFoTheClown.2413

BuFFoTheClown.2413

Reminds me of when I was in the army. When one soldier does something bad, instead of finding out who that soldier is and punishing them, my lazy leadership would “shotgun” everyone in the squad with punishments in hopes we would ferret out the soldier, or pressure him into fixing his ways.

I am getting punished because of botting, yet, I see botters at nearly any event that cycles every 10 minutes? I report them, and they are there for days, botting away.

Lazy leadership. Always.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

I find it funny how people always start their rage posts with how much cash they’ve spent on the game. It doesn’t make the devs fear your immanent leaving, it makes them celebrate for getting you hooked long enough to shell out that much cash.

On a lighter note – I’m sure the game will get better. They promised free content updates, saying that they aim to provide more for a once-pay model then any subscription MMO has provided thus far. That probably means that all the expansions will be free as well, IMO anyway.

With all those new, free, content upgrades coming – you’ll just have to wait a bit. Give the game a month or so before you start threatening the devs.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

The stick’s too long, the carrot is smelly.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Pannadharo.2948

Pannadharo.2948

… I am getting punished because of botting, yet, I see botters at nearly any event that cycles every 10 minutes? I report them, and they are there for days, botting away. ….

So … what is botting? And … does GW2 have macro scripting capability?

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Fenrir.4915

Fenrir.4915

Last night i had my first impressions about the pos-patch gameplay.

While i was playing i became really sad.
Arena Net is thoring their own game on the garbage.
I feel theres no more sense on playing this game, dungeons became a crap without reward.
There´s no endgame.
Nice job.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Skreech.7864

Skreech.7864

Whilst the anti farm mechanic can be a little frustrating I personally find it offensive that it was the patching priority…
For the sake of all that is geeky FIX thekittenconnectivity issue, fix thekittenguild system and communicate with your player base.kitten.patience has a limit..nubiest game release in a good while.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

Reminds me of when I was in the army. When one soldier does something bad, instead of finding out who that soldier is and punishing them, my lazy leadership would “shotgun” everyone in the squad with punishments in hopes we would ferret out the soldier, or pressure him into fixing his ways.

I am getting punished because of botting, yet, I see botters at nearly any event that cycles every 10 minutes? I report them, and they are there for days, botting away.

Lazy leadership. Always.

The army works differently. The mistake of one is the mistake of many. In times of war, one person deserting can cause the entire group to collapse.

This is why everyone is punished, to emphasize that group unity is important, and looking out for your buddies is not just covering up their mistakes, but guiding them on the right path.

Or at least that’s how it is supposed to be. All it achieves is mistrust and is a method for the leadership to vent their frustrations from their own superiors. But I digress.

Civilian environments are different, so your latter half has a point. It is very lazy and hurts the legitimate players moreso than the exploiters or gold sellers.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Chuffington.6253

Chuffington.6253

I support and agree with the OP. I would like to see :

Anti farm code scrapped or modified to a level where is does not effect player who are not botting.

GM’s hired to identify and ban botting players.

Sensible risk vs reward for dungeons, one thing there really didnt need was less reward for the effort.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: BuFFoTheClown.2413

BuFFoTheClown.2413

Lazy leadership. Always.

The army works differently. The mistake of one is the mistake of many. In times of war, one person deserting can cause the entire group to collapse.

This is why everyone is punished, to emphasize that group unity is important, and looking out for your buddies is not just covering up their mistakes, but guiding them on the right path.

Or at least that’s how it is supposed to be. All it achieves is mistrust and is a method for the leadership to vent their frustrations from their own superiors. But I digress.

Civilian environments are different, so your latter half has a point. It is very lazy and hurts the legitimate players moreso than the exploiters or gold sellers.

No, my point stands. People in the army knew that they could do wrong things, and not get punished for it. They did it often, and was one of the reasons I got out.

People botting and farming with macros has “forced” anet to punish everyone who legitimately plays the game instead of taking the time to think of and come up with ways to punish the offenders.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Perhaps they have been a little overzealous in making dungeon running less appealing to min/max grinders, but I for one find that this is a good thing to do. I have been playing Rift since that game first opened to the public and the worst part of the game is running dungeons in a PUG. You get stuck with four random strangers who, more often than not, rush through the area killing anything that needs to be killed to get to the boss, ignoring everything that isn’t in that path, and never speak a word to each other.

Unless someone screws up. If you’re running the wrong spec, use the wrong weapon/spell, DPS isn’t high enough, you don’t know the boss fight, then you get insulted and kicked.

They aren’t running the dungeon because they want to explore, or have fun, or even to kill virtual monsters in visually stimulating ways. They just want the loot at the end, usually they don’t even care about what the bosses drop they want the Marks that they get for their daily/weekly quest rewards.

So I feel like I’m not a participant in the dungeon run, just another obstacle to get through, the casual noob who doesn’t know what he’s doing and needs to be carried so the other players can get their marks and get back in line to make another run.

If Trion would offer a four-pack of NPC party members so I could run dungeons by myself for $50 I’d gladly pay it just to be able to run a dungeon at my own pace and without the potential to get insulted and/or kicked because I don’t play the FotM or speed farm. The difference would be barely noticable, it already feels like I’m following a group of robots.

I think that Arenanet’s staff have followed the developments in other MMOs closely and actively choose to follow a path that is unlike their competitors. Having introduced a fully featured MMO without a subscription fee not once but twice, they are obviously no strangers to taking risks with their decisions. They should probably continue to adjust the risk/rewards ratio of running dungeons until it is encouraging to do so but not an easy source of quick coin. However, choosing to discourage people from the “gogogo” school of dungeon running is definitely a step in the right direction.

There are many MMOs that give you what you want, but few that offer what GW2 does. I see the change as a positive one, and hope that they continue to examine the situation and act accordingly.

Completely irrelevant to the topic… “BuFFo the Clown” is an amusing nickname, there was actually a professional entertainer who called himself “Buffo the Clown” who worked at carnivals and such in the area where I used to live a few years ago…

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Khat.9327

Khat.9327

As the OP already said… gw2 suddenly feels like D3 All over again.. i TRULY hope a.net stops right there and starts thinking about what they are doing before releasing whatever it is they are doing …. It would seem this is the first step to ‘shaking’ up this community and probably if more like these will come, its gonna fall apart… I’d be extremely sad if in 3 weeks time, gw2 will be an equal to D3.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I agree with tolunart. ArenaNet should probably adjust the new policy to make reward (and karma) capping less harsh on people who actually play the game instead of just cycling through events and dungeons over and over and over again, but I think they’re fundamentally on the right track. I’ve noted how, in any area that has a dungeon, map chat has gotten positively flooded the last couple of weeks with people looking for groups or extra people for dungeon runs. Somehow, I don’t think that was ArenaNet intended for the game, particularly in light of the whole GW1 experience. I get the idea that they wanted things to be really different here in that respect, not a repeat of GW1 where dungeons were pretty much totally dominated by runners (and, let’s be candid here, I did a lot of dungeon running in GW1 myself).

I for one wouldn’t like to see GW2 become a dungeon running/event farming fest, so as I say, I think this new policy is fundamentally right even if it needs tweaking and adjustment so that it doesn’t hit people who don’t deserve to be hit. (And, just for the record, GW2 is not much less than three weeks old, counting from headstart launch. It’s way, WAY too early for people to be talking about the game being “ruined forever”.)

(edited by joe.7684)

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Khat.9327

Khat.9327

I agree with tolunart. ArenaNet should probably adjust the new policy to make reward (and karma) capping less harsh on people who actually play the game instead of just cycling through events and dungeons over and over and over again, but I think they’re fundamentally on the right track. I’ve noted how, in any area that has a dungeon, map chat has gotten positively flooded the last couple of weeks with people looking for groups or extra people for dungeon runs. Somehow, I don’t think that was ArenaNet intended for the game, particularly in light of the whole GW1 experience. I get the idea that they wanted things to be really different here in that respect, not a repeat of GW1 where dungeons were pretty much totally dominated by runners (and, let’s be candid here, I did a lot of dungeon running in GW1 myself).

I for one wouldn’t like to see GW2 become a dungeon running/event farming fest, so as I say, I think this new policy is fundamentally right even if it needs tweaking and adjustment so that it doesn’t hit people who don’t deserve to be hit. (And, just for the record, GW2 is not much less than three weeks old, counting from headstart launch. It’s way, WAY too early for people to be talking about the game being “ruined forever”.)

I do understand where you’re comign from mate, but i for one run dungeons maybe one day a week. I play the game as it is intended to, explore, do pvp, pve, constantly switching maps from lvl 1 to 80 and just enjoyint he community, and when i feel like it, i head up to the dungein i want the gear from and grind it for like 6 runs MAX… Note that i do it only like once a week.. and now tnx to that nerf i cannot… i often dont feel liek runnin dungeons but now the way the new system works it will make me run a dungeon every day, maybce twice a day so i wont loot the profit i usualy make in 1 single day for the entire week..

I dislike being obliged sort of, to do 2 runs a day.. coz i must , coz i cannot do it some other day. Why..

Situation untenable.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

“(And, just for the record, GW2 is not much less than three weeks old, counting from headstart launch. It’s way, WAY too early for people to be talking about the game being “ruined forever”.)”

LOL… the only reason why it took them this long to declare the game dead is because forums weren’t open at launch.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Sable.1603

Sable.1603

OP said every thing I wanted to.

I am sick of game companies forcing me to play the way they want me to.

If I want to kill in one area for 5 hours and farm. Let me do it with out punishing me. Please. I like doing it. It is fun for me.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Threat Level Zero.8052

Threat Level Zero.8052

As the OP already said… gw2 suddenly feels like D3 All over again.. i TRULY hope a.net stops right there and starts thinking about what they are doing before releasing whatever it is they are doing …. It would seem this is the first step to ‘shaking’ up this community and probably if more like these will come, its gonna fall apart… I’d be extremely sad if in 3 weeks time, gw2 will be an equal to D3.

It already is for me. It already feels more like Diablo 3 than any other game. The games problems and their solutions since launch have pretty much lined right up with Diablo 3’s sadly. Even the Auction House and Trading Post issues are the same for me. I can practically sell every piece of gear that drops, and the many I get I can’t use, and simply buy gear when I need it every few levels off the TP for cheap and not lose any money.

The only thing different is at endgame I’m going to work towards Legendary Weapons that are no better than blue weapons….wait, nope still just like D3 was.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Lctl.6198

Lctl.6198

As a long time fan and defender of anet ( you can search my posts), i am dissapointed at how harsh this was implemented.

Its the first time i looked into their patch notes and thought " what the fudge".

And the main reason for this?

Exploits ( it was an exploit for me.) like the mining-transfer that allowed people to amass 600g+ were branded as legal and somewhat clever use of mechanics.
No rollbacks, no punishment, you can even talk about it on forums because its still legal. You can still do it right now.
Exploits like legendaries prequisite, left untouched, a guy in guru even bragged about it and thought he was saving the market from monopolization ( and he even operated on a loss! Imagine that!!).

Yet, legit, non exploiting ways of raising gold and or karma are systematicaly being gunned down in public square.

What if people speed run dungeons? Wouldnt it be better to apply a weekly cap like Rift? Where you got 7 runs with extra loot/xp/marks and you can run them all in one day or space them out alon the week?

Im not even asking for extra here. Just a different approach at the dungeon/DE capping. Cause this goes against the play it your way , in all senses of it.

And again. So far you will not find a negative drop on anet from me. And ill still defend on matters like skill variety, wvwvw, endgame. I still believe those are great/ok.

But on this? No way. Too restrictive and too much.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I do understand where you’re comign from mate, but i for one run dungeons maybe one day a week. I play the game as it is intended to, explore, do pvp, pve, constantly switching maps from lvl 1 to 80 and just enjoyint he community, and when i feel like it, i head up to the dungein i want the gear from and grind it for like 6 runs MAX… Note that i do it only like once a week.. and now tnx to that nerf i cannot… i often dont feel liek runnin dungeons but now the way the new system works it will make me run a dungeon every day, maybce twice a day so i wont loot the profit i usualy make in 1 single day for the entire week..

I dislike being obliged sort of, to do 2 runs a day.. coz i must , coz i cannot do it some other day. Why..

And as I said, ANet should adjust the new system so that it doesn’t unfairly penalize players like you who don’t – let’s be frank here – abuse the game by running dungeons over and over and over and over again (not, like you, people who pop in once a week or so to do a couple of trips through a particular dungeon) to get more and more loot. (And, speaking to everyone, don’t say those people don’t exist, because they do.)

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I find it funny how people always start their rage posts with how much cash they’ve spent on the game. It doesn’t make the devs fear your immanent leaving, it makes them celebrate for getting you hooked long enough to shell out that much cash.

On a lighter note – I’m sure the game will get better. They promised free content updates, saying that they aim to provide more for a once-pay model then any subscription MMO has provided thus far. That probably means that all the expansions will be free as well, IMO anyway.

With all those new, free, content upgrades coming – you’ll just have to wait a bit. Give the game a month or so before you start threatening the devs.

For some reason i do not feel you actually read my post, not once did i “rage” i stated how i felt clearly and to the point.

Let me restate this for all of you blind fans, i love Guild Wars 2, i think its a fantastic game with tons of potential, but that feeling has waned with the recent implementation of caps to the rewards from what i do in the game. I do not want this game to fail in any way, i want it to succeed and prosper, i want it to crush the competition. There is no way that GW2 will do this if the developers do not stop this archaic and detrimental capping of in game looting.

I just started downloading Borderlands on steam, sadly i didn’t think i would want to so soon into GW2 life, but i am so disenfranchised with the game now i just sit and stare at my character on a mountain top.

Also, i like many many many others enjoy getting loot, useless loot, useful loot, funny loot, loot that makes you go HMM, loot that takes up space in my bags. Just because i want this does not mean i expect it, but what i do expect is something reasonable, and the caps that AreanaNet have implemented are not reasonable.

So take away from what i originally posted, and what i have followed up with, the players who want and enjoy rewards for the amount of risk they spent are here, and we post just as much as the blind fan apologists.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Alex.1273

Alex.1273

I belive that using the world transfer to farm and make more gold is an exploit because the free world transfer was meant to allow players to play on the server where the people they want to play with are playing, at least until the guesting system is released. Using it in order to be able to farm the same zone multiple times a day is not what I would call using it “as intended”. I believe that ArenaNet should admit that they did not allow free transfer in order to let people farm and proceed to ban these players. This could really ruin the economy of the game. And yes, I believe that adding a 24h cooldown on transfer would be a great idea too.

I don’t really care about people who did speed runs, its not an exploit anyways, but I am happy that ANet did something about it. I think that no dungeon should be considered easy. They should all feel like a challenge. And I can’t belive that people really like to farm/grind, its so boring.

I just hope that ANet will ban people that use the free world transfer for farming. it IS an exploit and ArenaNet HAVE to admit it!

Situation untenable.

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Excellent post OP, caps are an insult to legitimate players.
They don’t want to spend $ resources $ controlling hacks/bots or designing properly balanced game in the means of time/risk and their rewards, so they apply this laughable “solution”.

(edited by DrTenma.7249)

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Alex.1273

Alex.1273

[/quote]And as I said, ANet should adjust the new system so that it doesn’t unfairly penalize players like you who don’t – let’s be frank here – abuse the game by running dungeons over and over and over and over again (not, like you, people who pop in once a week or so to do a couple of trips through a particular dungeon) to get more and more loot. (And, speaking to everyone, don’t say those people don’t exist, because they do.)[/quote]

Pretty sure they will eventually adjust the new system. That’s what balancing is after all.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I have not noticed any change at all. I am not disagreeing with the OP, just saying I have not noticed a changed. But then again I don’t do the same events over and over, and I tend to only do any given dungeon once a gaming session or two. There is just too many other things to do in this game to spend it on something as boring as farming one thing over and over. Maybe I am just playing the game as intended. Shame on me I guess.

But I do find this post ironic. People were crying about botters (and rightly so). The latest move by AN, at least as described by the OP, seems to be an obvious way to deal with botters across the board. Manually banning botters who are reported by players is problematic because then AN has to individually examine a report and verify that there is enough evidence to conclude “someone” is a botter. It is far more preferable to just make botting less profitable and so less worth the effort.

That’s what we should be discussing here: has AN made botting less profitable? I don’t know. It seems reasonable that they have, but I really don’t know.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: MadAsgardian.7920

MadAsgardian.7920

…basically making the game only playable for about 1.5 hours at a time.

While I find the various farming changes disappointing myself, as they punish everyone for the deeds of a few… the above assertion is just patently absurd. There’s plenty to do beyond farming the exact same spot on the exact same map (or exact same section of the exact same dungeon) for hours on end.

I have no intention of coming back and defending this position to the blind fans who cannot see the actual problems with this recent update

Or, you know, maybe other people aren’t as obsessed with farming as you seem to be. I have a lot of fun helping out lower levels players, trying different builds (as opposed to min-maxing) and haven’t even started my first alt yet.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: bluebacker.8679

bluebacker.8679

IF this turns out to be wildly unpopular then ANet will rethink the change. If you play different characters does the cap still apply? IF not then the shared bank may alleviate some of the concerns. I only play 2-3 hours 4-5 days a week. It’s just all the time I want to spend playing a computer game so it really doesn’t impact me at all but at the same time.

I want the game to be wildly successful so that it gets updated, expanded, and supported for years to come.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Hostar.1390

Hostar.1390

Oh, another “I came to GW2 expecting a great PvE game and got a PvP game instead, i’m off to <insert single player game or PvE focused MMO here>” thread?

I stopped reading when you referred to an expansion about pandas as “the big dog” and also tried to suggest single player games will be the same caliber as GW2. I’m sure at some point you will also say “this game will die a horrible death!” and “everyone will be leaving with me soon!!!” – I didn’t even have to read on to know that would be in your post somewhere, given how cliché these rant threads are for <insert x issue>

This is, and never will be a PvE focused game. It is present for people to have additional options but it is not the core focus of the game.

Their changes reflect this and frankly farming the same dungeon endlessly to become rich affects balance in WvW. You can still farm the dungeons as much as you want, you just won’t get 25-30s a run for doing it now.

(edited by Hostar.1390)

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Oh, another “I came to GW2 expecting a great PvE game and got a PvP game instead, i’m off to <insert single player game or PvE focused MMO here>” thread?

I stopped reading when you referred to an expansion about pandas as “the big dog” and also tried to suggest single player games will be the same caliber as GW2. I’m sure at some point you will also say “this game will die a horrible death!” and “everyone will be leaving with me soon!!!” – I didn’t even have to read on to know that would be in your post somewhere, given how cliché these rant threads are for <insert x issue>

This is, and never will be a PvE focused game. It is present for people to have additional options but it is not the core focus of the game.

Their changes reflect this and frankly farming the same dungeon endlessly to become rich affects balance in WvW. You can still farm the dungeons as much as you want, you just won’t get 25-30s a run for doing it now.

As so many other detractors of my OP have failed to do, you need to actually read what i said, clearly you did not and clearly you have made false assumptions based on your inability to read the entire post.

Disagreeing with me based on what i posted is fine and dandy, but disagreeing with me based on a false assumption because you could not take the time and effort to read the post just shows shortsightedness. I hope as you move forward you will remember to spend a few more seconds of time actually reading what someone has posted prior to making a scathing reply.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

No, my point stands. People in the army knew that they could do wrong things, and not get punished for it. They did it often, and was one of the reasons I got out.

People botting and farming with macros has “forced” anet to punish everyone who legitimately plays the game instead of taking the time to think of and come up with ways to punish the offenders.

Yes, I am saying only your latter half has a point. The first half was flawed from the get-go. Comparing fundamentally different organizations and settings has no academic value.

It makes theoretical and arguably practical sense to do a sweeping punishment in a military setting. You didn’t agree, and thus left, but that doesn’t change its merit, not one bit.

Doing sweeping punishments in GW2 may result in a fallout with its customers., but the military doesn’t care if you got your feelings hurt over something like that because there are a million and one reasons for justifying actions like that, and are encouraged and sanctioned to do that.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

IF this turns out to be wildly unpopular then ANet will rethink the change.

nah, they won’t.

but if they suddenly see a major drop in gem purchases they might.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

nah, they won’t.

I hope they do but I don’t expect it. To me it has some similarities to SWTOR, a developer with fixed ideas on how the game should be played taking anti gamer measures to force players into their narrow view.

Its astonishing how within a week attitudes can change but IMHO thats human psychology, cracks appear and they undermine the whole foundation. The way the mmo gamer is now thats all it takes for an exodus of players. I personally question anet’s whole manifesto now, its pretty clear they aren’t actually sticking to it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Id like to jump on the band wagon and say GW2 feels like d3 all over again. Well except D3 was a crap game to start with and Gw2 is fun as all get out.

So i cant.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Situation untenable.

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

im GLAD theyve nerfed profits. their vision is that full epix should be an actual ACHIEVEMENT, not something you can get in 3 weeks by grinding 24/7. playing for hundreds of hours over 2-3 weeks to max out your characters asap is a little sick imo. theyre just helping you and your family out man.

youre seeing “grind” (due to reduced rewards), and theyre seeing "longevity, i.e. u get less rewards over a longer period. i agree with the latter. i cant get myself to care about the people who cant see past the grind. hell, im only lvl 39 and i recently got my tier 1 cultural set. my guardian looks great, and im stoked to have this. you, on the other hand, are complaining than you cant obtain a max level armor set in 3 weeks of staring at the monitor all day.

if you guys shed enough tears though, im sure they’ll feel sorry for you and change it.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

Situation untenable.

morrolan.9608

i dont get these people. good luck to you and your family. but more likely than not, you’ll be back =)

Whats so hard to understand about the average gamer being annoyed when they are working towards something and anet suddenly makes it much harder, in effect punishing them for behaviour that they haven’t engaged in? People tend to get annoyed when they have something and then it gets taken away.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Situation untenable.

nerva.7940

nah, they won’t.

I hope they do but I don’t expect it. To me it has some similarities to SWTOR, a developer with fixed ideas on how the game should be played taking anti gamer measures to force players into their narrow view.

theyre just trying to help you i think. imo, the general MMO mentality is “grind above all”, therefore theyre making the grind so bad that no1 will even try it. grinding to obtain epics is kinda like the American dream: “if i damage my mind and my body hard enough, then there has to be some sort of amazing payout, right? if not, then this game blows!”

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

(edited by nerva.7940)

Situation untenable.

nerva.7940

i dont get these people. good luck to you and your family. but more likely than not, you’ll be back =)

Whats so hard to understand about the average gamer being annoyed when they are working towards something and anet suddenly makes it much harder, in effect punishing them for behaviour that they haven’t engaged in? People tend to get annoyed when they have something and then it gets taken away.

what is being taken away? why do you have to have the top-of-the-line gear 3 weeks in? WHY?

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

Situation untenable.

morrolan.9608

what is being taken away? why do you have to have the top-of-the-line gear 3 weeks in? WHY?

The ability to get certain gear in an expected timeframe is being taken away. For the temple armor it costs 252,000 karma anyway, which would have taken weeks for the average player, now it may take months.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Mega.7968

Mega.7968

The problem is that most players do not give a kitten or want to participate in the market. They want to farm their gear and not worry about prices. They want to plan it out and play towards their goals without having to worry about markets changing everything on them. ANET needs to let the market go.. average player does not care , it is just another kind of game inside the game but it should not effect players and their play and rewards.

Situation untenable.

nerva.7940

The ability to get certain gear in an expected timeframe is being taken away. For the temple armor it costs 252,000 karma anyway, which would have taken weeks for the average player, now it may take months.

good. adapt, or disappear. im not saying this to be rude, but GW2 isnt like “any other” game. it is what it is. their mistake was allowing such high rewards in the first place. now they gotta deal with a kittenstorm of self-entitlement.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian

Situation untenable.

Posted by: DirtyDeeds.6075

DirtyDeeds.6075

You and your family can grind good gear all you want for as long as you want…..

…..just not in the same place or killing the same mobs.

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

The reason they did this is so the economy wouldn’t suffer from the botters making trillions off the TP. I like that they are taking the economy seriously but this is horrible for the legit players.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Situation untenable.

Posted by: Ingram of Haz.5987

Ingram of Haz.5987

Quite simply the botters and exploiters and gold resellers have ruined it for all of us. Just a they did in GW and as they have for every other MMO they get a foothold in.

Unfortunately NCSoft has this thing with farming of anything… Not so much ArenaNet but NCSoft.. why? cause they want to force you to use $ to get good things via microtransactions… Anet is fighting for the players and keeps trying to keep things in balance to some extent, but there is filth in the background out of Asia thats to blame for these nerfs, Not the playerbase or Anet. those exploitations of easy resources and items from specific mobs result in fast nerf bats for everyone. so only the exploiters end up getting the goodies… Thats truly a shame in the end. I have resorted to just doing for myself with Karma rewards or something else cause the crafting at high levels is going to be a LONG LONG time before I ever want to touch it now, AND the other rewards are just going to be a nice surprise if I manage to get one 1:1,000,000 drops… Otherwise Salvage Merch or trash… I fear this is going to have to be the norm now. Karma vendors and restrictive account bound loot.

All that being said, if your just playing casually a few hours a day and typically doing different things all the time, you see no nerf what so ever… So the common playerbase is secure that they will receive something for their efforts, just not that ultimate item quite as easily…

HAZTEAM Guild
Jade Quarry
www.hazteam.net

(edited by Ingram of Haz.5987)