Skeptic may be changing his mind.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I was a very big fan of GW1. When GW2 was released I was hopeful but so many of the features were jettisoned from GW1 that GW2 didn’t seem like a sequel but just another game with some of the same characters. I did not want or expect “a new game just like the old game”. Large features (secondary profession and builds) and small features (Xunlai Agents or key strokes to split a stack) were cast aside. It was as if a group of devs that had no knowledge of Guild Wars 1 designed a new Guild Wars game.

That said I’ve played this game since release. Was aggravated by it and had fun too. After the release of HoT and it’s tight convoluted trails…. I decided to stop spending cash on the game. I bought into a game that will be released in 2018 and continued to play GW2 using only gold for a few Gem Store purchases.

After seeing the release info on Path of Fire and the last few LS chapters, I’m starting to change my mind. What I have been doing is playing more and that is probably the most telling.

I don’t mean this to be a backhanded compliment, I find I’m changing my mind. In all the swirl of ppl grinding their own special axe I’d like to say thanks to Anet for keeping on doing what you’re doing.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

After the letdown of LS3, I’ve felt a bit disheartened over the direction of the game. The videos and launch info have really grabbed me though

I think this is one of the things I’ve missed – info on forthcoming content and teasers gives me something to look forward to. I do like having something to get excited about.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game more.

Regarding splitting stacks, you can still do that. Hold Alt. Unless you are referring to something else?

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game more.

Regarding splitting stacks, you can still do that. Hold Alt. Unless you are referring to something else?

Different keys were used in GW1 – I used it as an example of how small things were changed.