Amins.3710

Long overdue.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Skill Points - Account Bound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

It would certainly make it easier to distribute them across my uh…. lots of characters. And make it so I don’t have to bounce between characters to buy stuff with skill points.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It would be so easy to exploit that. Make a character, channel home instance skillpoint, starter boss skillpoint, and maybe another starter zone skillpoint… they’d have to make it so skill challenges are once per account.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

It would be so easy to exploit that. Make a character, channel home instance skillpoint, starter boss skillpoint, and maybe another starter zone skillpoint… they’d have to make it so skill challenges are once per account.

You cannot use the home instance skill point unless you are at least lvl 10. Since you can technically earn gold via skillpoints through some TP/mc bouncing I can see how there might be an economic reason behind this, but there is no level requirement for using either of those… so all that work can be done on any lowbie one might have. At the end of the day I feel like it’s the difference between bouncing between characters vs sitting on just one.

…. I still want it but honestly there are other quality of life things I’d like to see happen first.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, I suggest you start killing champs (and lesser extent world bosses, on atleast 2 daily reward chests should contain 4 exotic loot boxes) for exotic loot bags, those things have high chance to drop Scroll of Knowledge.

Those are your account bound skill points.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Would be nice if some items bought with skillpoints could be come account bound. Yes looking at you Siege Master Books.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Character-bound skillpoints are only annoying to me when it comes to vendors and crafting, not for leveling and unlocking skills and traits.

Because of that, I think they could be account-wide, but only for characters that have unlocked all skills and traits.

There would be two skillpoint pools: a “personal pool” and a “account-wide” pool.

As long as your character hasn’t unlocked all base skills and traits, they can only access their personal pool.

When they unlock all base skills and traits, all remaining skill points are sent to the account-wide pool. When unlocking newly added skills and traits, personal points are used first, then account-wide ones.

When purchasing from vendors, the account-wide pool would be used first even if the character hasn’t unlocked all base skills and traits.

This way there’s still reasons to keep some scrolls, and the annoyances for crafting are removed.

Also, the items purchased from the mystic forge vendor (Miyani) should become account-bound, and crystals and philosopher stones should get their own collection slots.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Character-bound skillpoints are only annoying to me when it comes to vendors and crafting, not for leveling and unlocking skills and traits.

Because of that, I think they could be account-wide, but only for characters that have unlocked all skills and traits.

There would be two skillpoint pools: a “personal pool” and a “account-wide” pool.

As long as your character hasn’t unlocked all base skills and traits, they can only access their personal pool.

When they unlock all base skills and traits, all remaining skill points are sent to the account-wide pool. When unlocking newly added skills and traits, personal points are used first, then account-wide ones.

When purchasing from vendors, the account-wide pool would be used first even if the character hasn’t unlocked all base skills and traits.

This way there’s still reasons to keep some scrolls, and the annoyances for crafting are removed.

Also, the items purchased from the mystic forge vendor (Miyani) should become account-bound, and crystals and philosopher stones should get their own collection slots.

Make new character, run to early skill point → channel → buy stone → deposit → rinse repeat. Can include it as part of your keyruns (plus you’ll be around level 6-7 from the keyrun).

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Skill Pts should be able to be used for all character abilities – acct wide.

Crafting and such – you have your mains for that.

There is no reason that Acct Wide Skill abilities shouldn’t be used for skills / utilities.

Crafting / Map Completion… who cares. This is a Quality of Life. PvE’n for Skill Points after your 2nd character is fk’n LAME.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

that seems like a lot of effort for one skill point. It would be faster to lvl again on one of your characters that are already 80. There is no negative side to account bound skill points. Only thing that will be noticeable is low levels having every skill. Which wont really matter to people who have already been playing the game long enough to have excess skill points. So new people should be fine to learning the game.

It is a plus for both new and old players.

I agree with account bound skill points.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

that seems like a lot of effort for one skill point. It would be faster to lvl again on one of your characters that are already 80. There is no negative side to account bound skill points. Only thing that will be noticeable is low levels having every skill. Which wont really matter to people who have already been playing the game long enough to have excess skill points. So new people should be fine to learning the game.

It is a plus for both new and old players.

I agree with account bound skill points.

You can keyfarm and get upwards of 3 skill points + a blkey in 15-30 minutes. You don’t typically level up that fast even once on a level 80, nor do you get a key.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

At the very least, let us pay SOMETHING to convert them to scrolls via an NPC….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

What about this,
lv80’s get access to combined skill points, chars below that level do not.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

What about this,

That doesn’t stop you from making throwaway characters to keyfarm/skill point farm.

Also, thanks for the clarification about the home instance skill point, above- I didn’t realize you had to be above level 10 to use it.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

What about this,

That doesn’t stop you from making throwaway characters to keyfarm/skill point farm.

Also, thanks for the clarification about the home instance skill point, above- I didn’t realize you had to be above level 10 to use it.

But if the skill points were character bound until level 80, and then added to the account pool once you reached level 80, then you would retain the convenience of having all your skill points in one place while also preventing people farming lower levels to gain a few.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

What about this,

But if the skill points were character bound until level 80, and then added to the account pool once you reached level 80, then you would retain the convenience of having all your skill points in one place while also preventing people farming lower levels to gain a few.

exactly.

It does prevent farming, because below 80, they won’t combine.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

All skill points at level 80 combined into one pool, only accessible to your level 80s. What a great idea.

It’s rather annoying when buying items with skill points, logging onto the char with the skill points to buy, then if it’s another char that has requirements for the crafting, putting the item in the bank, logging on to the other char, and finishing. It’s a big run around for no particular reason.