Skin Vault anytime soon?

Skin Vault anytime soon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Saviourslave.6715

Saviourslave.6715

Anet, are there any plans to add a skin vault in the future? I’m not asking for a specific date or whether it will be soon or not, but I’d like to know whether I should store all my skins, buy more bank slots to keep them and never use them until a vault-like feature makes an appearance, or if I just shouldn’t bother. This game being marketed as an aesthetic based game with no gear grind (Not getting into anything here, please all comments stay away from disappointment posts) has plenty of weapon and armor options, but currently one lacks the freedom to simply customize your character’s appearance using armor aesthetics and weapon aesthetics they used to have, and I find that quite a pity I know Colin said in an interview at Pax(?) with MattVisual that that was something he also finds a pity, but I’d just like to know from anybody else if this is actually being worked on or not?

tl;dr: Is a “Skin Vault” or something akin to that in development or on a development list atm? Thank you in advance for your time.

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

While this is something that would be convenient and welcomed by players, its something that works counter-productably with the bank and inventory extra space sales. It never happened on gw1 I doubt it will happen here, the tokens and currencies were a different thing, not everyone collects skins while everyone farms currencies. Though I bet people would start collecting if the feature was implemented.

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Huh, I’m not getting any town clothes anymore, because they just take up space. Never thought of buying more bank space for that. I’m waiting for a better solution

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Pack Hunter.6103

Pack Hunter.6103

I’d collect skins if I could swap them out as i pleased. And I mean more than one use per skin. Kind of like the achievement skins you know?

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

What, and introduce sensible cosmetic progression into the game? No. No, no, no.

Players shouldn’t have a reason to seek out new skins. They know they’d either lose their already transmuted gear or have to buy new transmutation stones just to equip their newly-earned gear. This fear and inconvenience is what keeps players from continuing to seek out different content in the game after level 80, and you want to change that? I think we’re much better-off farming the same bosses, same events, and same dungeons instead of always having a new shinies to look forward to in different parts of the world.

Look, this feature works absolutely perfectly for dyes, even maintaining a healthy and costly niche for them on the player market, so there’s just no reason it will work for armor and weapons in the same vein. None.

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I think ANet would make a killing by going for something like Rift or LOTRO wardrobe. Buyable tabs with equipment slots are are purely cosmetic. Tho i guess the transmutation system works double duty, as you can transfer over both stats and slotted item (sigils, runes, infusions(?)). Just sucks that at L80 gear of any quality suddenly requires crystals when 1-79 makes do with stones.

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I remember that interview. It was about cantha!

Kidding

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Saviourslave.6715

Saviourslave.6715

What, and introduce sensible cosmetic progression into the game? No. No, no, no.

Players shouldn’t have a reason to seek out new skins. They know they’d either lose their already transmuted gear or have to buy new transmutation stones just to equip their newly-earned gear. This fear and inconvenience is what keeps players from continuing to seek out different content in the game after level 80, and you want to change that? I think we’re much better-off farming the same bosses, same events, and same dungeons instead of always having a new shinies to look forward to in different parts of the world.

Look, this feature works absolutely perfectly for dyes, even maintaining a healthy and costly niche for them on the player market, so there’s just no reason it will work for armor and weapons in the same vein. None.

Not sure if using sarcasm or…..

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

They are still thinking how to charge for it.

There must be a way to force you waste gems on it.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

It rubs the lotion on it’s skin or else it gets the hose again.

Ohhhhh you mean armor skins….riiiight

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

They are still thinking how to charge for it.

There must be a way to force you waste gems on it.

A crystal each time you want to retrieve a skin?

Skin Vault anytime soon?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Colin stated that a skin vault was still very much something they wanted to do in his PAX interview. It’s not on their “to do list” for this year, based on available information, but I’m crossing my fingers for next year.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.