Skins and the "Unlocked Rewards" window

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Ok, so we revamped the Hero Achievements panel and frankly I like it (though it is missing a simple interface to show you wish parts of each achievement you have accomplished, but that is for another thread). What I want to know is, why haven’t they built on this to add unlocked items from the personal story as skins such as the Zenith and Hellfire items.

C’mon, the system is great in my opinion, and this would be very well received as it would allow us to use these earned skins whenever we want and create more diversity and happiness. As it is, I have multiple nice items and either they are on toons I rarely play or just sitting in inventory.

Doing this would also create more diversity. If I new the skin was there anytime, I’d switch up my toons’ look much more often. As it is, I don’t want to transmute my current back item because then I’d lose that skin, but if I could just pull it out of my Hero panel anytime I wanted, I’d be much more inclined to switch up more often. Just annoys me that the system is there and was well thought out, but is still not being used to it’s potential!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Agreed.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

There’s a post on the forums somewhere in which Colin(I think) said they’re working on it. I think there are 2 disparate systems at work here, the original ach system and the new rewards system. They’re probably working on integration of the 2 systems and it’s probably not that easy.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Agreed. Specifically the HoM items should find a nice home in there. There’s no reason for them not to be considering HoM has it’s own achievement section too.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

There’s a post on the forums somewhere in which Colin(I think) said they’re working on it. I think there are 2 disparate systems at work here, the original ach system and the new rewards system. They’re probably working on integration of the 2 systems and it’s probably not that easy.

Good to know and I can appreciate this to a point. That said, I don’t understand why the new content doesn’t use the new reward system. I would love to see them apply retroactively, however I wouldn’t expect to see that. Just start with the newer living story skins please!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.