Skritt Hit wintersday daily?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

Been trying for an hour to figure it out. I’ve hit the dolyak skritt in divinity’s reach and wild skritt in Queensdale with snowballs and neither gave daily credit.

Curtis.1562

Also tried skritt in Drytop, SW, and Brisban with no luck.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not getting it either. I tried the skritt in DR and some friendly skritt in a PvE map. Neither worked. I think it’s supposed to be the DR skritt, but too many people are kicking them away.

Edit: iirc, the previous year it was skritt in the middle of Lions Arch. Maybe it’s them, if they are still there.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Same. Zero luck hitting any of them anywhere. I get the feeling you’re supposed to hit the ones attack the dolyak, but it seems bugged.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It’s the skritt going after Ho-Ho Tron and the gifts.

I got two hits in, and finally gave up. As you said, people are kicking them away before you can hit them. One of my hits was luck, and the other was from kicking a skritt away myself, and THEN hitting it with a snowball. It was still luck, though.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Sometimes they get kicked against one of those low barriers and can’t move. Maybe that’s the time to hit them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

It’s horrible. People are trolling it now. Another good job, Anet.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Skritt attacking the Dolyak don’t count either. I finally landed a hit on one (you can tell because they lie flat instead of getting kicked away) and it didn’t progress the achievement.

Curtis.1562

It’s bugged, only about 1/50 actual hits on the dolayk skritts counts for the daily. It seems there’s zero to one in each spawn that you can hit with the snowball, the rest are totally immune.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I’m at 30%, by hitting skritt near the dolyak (only). You apparently have to hit them just right.

Posted by: Cael.3960

Cael.3960

There seems to be a lot of server-side lag where player targeting is concerned, you really just have to be lucky.

Plus, it doesn’t help that an overwhelming majority of players ignore this daily and just kick the skritt instead. Competing against a dozen or more other players for that fraction of a second where your toss might actually hit the target is a very poor design.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s impossible, or just impossible enough to not be worth the annoying effort.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Daddicus.6128

Considering all you get is two gifts that are full of garbage, it’s just not worth it.

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I’ve hit a Skirtt point blank, it goes down, loses health and everyone else is behind me. Still no credit for that Skritt hit. It’s definitely bugged and either doesn’t work with all Skritt or you need to hit them only at certain points of their life cycle.

Not worth the trouble.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Anet drops the ball again. Who’s surprised?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Here is a tip, aim for the head.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yeah, I aimed for the head as well, and it hit. Granted, it’s late at night and not as many people kicking them. But it’s still a bad idea to have this with the kicking together. A very bad idea.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Can’t you guys read? It’s right in the description of the activity: ‘Hit 10 skrit with snowballs anywhere in Tyria’. Clearly, ‘anywhere in Tyria’ means specifically at this event. Makes sense.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Trying to land a snowball on a skritt before someone from the huge zerg kicks him – is an excercise in frustration. Clearly badly designed daily.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Trying to land a snowball on a skritt before someone from the huge zerg kicks him – is an excercise in frustration. Clearly badly designed daily.

Agreed. Finally got this done in the late, late hour. You’d be surprised at how many people were trolling this event. Hope ANet fixes it. Never want to do this daily achievement again…

On a side note, in case it’s not sarcasm, trying to hit skritt ‘anywhere in Tyria’ doesn’t work. Believe me, more than a few of us tried. No idea why ANet added that because it’s simply untrue and misleading.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Bring back that lone Skritt Snowball Fighter in LA who everybody just mobbed mercilessly! XD

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

This is an utter piece of nonsense…and it’s made worse by the worry to get drinks for the shoulder.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

But which is the bigger surprise?

• The achievement/action is bugged.
  • The event goal puts you at odds with the achievement.

If you’re not right on top of a Skritt, you’re going to hit someone else in the head. Because zerg. (At least I got my “snowball 3 players” achievement easily!)

There isn’t enough post-kick delay to stop someone from just kicking and re-engaging to kick again, giving no one else a chance to do anything.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Agreed. Finally got this done in the late, late hour. You’d be surprised at how many people were trolling this event. Hope ANet fixes it. Never want to do this daily achievement again…

On a side note, in case it’s not sarcasm, trying to hit skritt ‘anywhere in Tyria’ doesn’t work. Believe me, more than a few of us tried. No idea why ANet added that because it’s simply untrue and misleading.

The really annoying thing is that even if you do hit one it doesn’t register. You throw the snowball and the skritt goes flat on the ground but the counter remains at 0.

Ardenwolfe.8590

This is true. What I noticed, in the hours it took to get this daily, that if you target the smaller skritt, it’s more likely to take. The bigger skritt seem to be bugged.

You need to run ahead, before the spawn, and try to take them after they lose their invulnerability. But, even so, you’re more likely to see someone kick it, get hit by a snowball yourself, or lose your snowball because the time ran out on it.

Yeah, having two opposing goals on the same quest wasn’t a bright idea.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’ve hit countless ones, but the hits do not register.

Turns out there are actually at least 3 kinds of snowballs and at least 3 snowball fighter effects.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snowball_Fighter_%28disambiguation%29

The only way to hit them is if you happen to get the snowball kind that affects their effect.

From what I’ve seen, it is the ball that comes from magic snow. But only the first one that appears in your hand after summoning a snowman. Now the ones from the ground, not the ones that appear randomly all over the place, not the ones that come from piles of snowballs.

On top of that, you can actually hit a skritt, see it get knocked down, nobody else hitting it, the achievement doesn’t go up.

As always, like with all these festival achievements, it won’t be fixed, not even for next year.

Because this already happened the last year, we already reported it, and it wasn’t even acknowledged.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Daddicus.6128

I gave up after an hour that only netted 40%.

Posted by: Puk Grum.8647

Puk Grum.8647

Have you guys tried using the snowballs from the Wintersday vendor that sells snowballs for karma? I’m just guessing but there’s plenty of unoccupied Skritt in the giant presents around Tyria. 5 Skritt per present. Maybe this will work?

Hmm just gave it a good go, doesn’t seem to work. Can’t throw snowballs in combat, and even when I outranged them outside of combat, none took hits.

(edited by Puk Grum.8647)

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

We must have posted about the same time. I did a search and saw no thread on the topic. I posted a suggestion thread about this very issue. The Skritt are only applicable as long as they haven’t been "kick"ed by you or someone else. And also aren’t applicable the second they spawn. However they can be "kick"ed the second they spawn. This makes this achievement near impossible. In previous years Lion’s Arch also was wintersday themed. And in the Grand Piazza there were snowball fighting Skritt which were meant for this daily.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Have you guys tried using the snowballs from the Wintersday vendor that sells snowballs for karma? I’m just guessing but there’s plenty of unoccupied Skritt in the giant presents around Tyria. 5 Skritt per present. Maybe this will work?

Hmm just gave it a good go, doesn’t seem to work. Can’t throw snowballs in combat, and even when I outranged them outside of combat, none took hits.

Nope. Not the same type of balls either.

You need an effect that hits with the matching balls: The ones from magic snow.

Other balls won’t work.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Ardenwolfe.8590

Because of the lack of people now donating, it’s pretty much impossible either way. Can’t believe ANet hasn’t addressed this mess still.

Looks like one daily I won’t be getting tonight.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Because of the lack of people now donating, it’s pretty much impossible either way. Can’t believe ANet hasn’t addressed this mess still.

Looks like one daily I won’t be getting tonight.

Just Believe It! It’s their habit. One of many trick/plans to keep you play GW2

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

This is supposed to work with Skritt all over so clearly something is not working that needs a fix as I doubt they intended you to have to do it with the Wintersday Gift Doylack.

I assume that this was intended to be one use of the snowballs you buy.

Can we get a fix so it works like the text.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Glad it’s not just me. Asked in chat and got sarcastic replies haha.

Yesterday I did get a drop that was basically a bag of snowballs so I wondered if you need to take one of them out into Tyria and use it on the skritt that pop out of the giant presents. I don’t especially need that daily so I’ve just “unticked” it. /shrug.

Posted by: Serkalmna.6374

Serkalmna.6374

Glad it’s not just me. Asked in chat and got sarcastic replies haha.

Yesterday I did get a drop that was basically a bag of snowballs so I wondered if you need to take one of them out into Tyria and use it on the skritt that pop out of the giant presents. I don’t especially need that daily so I’ve just “unticked” it. /shrug.

The skritt that spawn at a big gift are actually hostile. Even if you drop a snowball pack, the second you pick up a snowball they will attack and put you in combat mode. In combat you get an error message saying you can’t use the skill of throwing a snowball.

I tried several places to hit skritt with snowballs all over the place including:
- LA – Hooligan’s Route
- Lornar’s Pass – Bouldermouth Vale (big exploding gift)
- Harathi Hinterlands – Arca Lake
including dropped or bought snowballs packages, without success.

So it definitely does not work out in the open world as described

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

Still not working.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Tried some skritt outside Skrittsburgh, and when I’d use skill 1 near them, itd show the snowball icon on their bar, but wouldn’t hit them (didn’t show up till I actually used skill 1). Tried from both near and far and it still wouldn’t hit them.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Seems this problem is still presently affecting players (no pun intended!).

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Last time I had a few boxes of snowballs (buyable on tp or from presents) and went to Queensdale. I want to say this was West of the Shaemoor human starting event, where there are a few skritt near a cave and hero point. You want to drop snowball box, carefully approach a skritt, throw it, then run away. Do not get in combat. Else you’d need to waste time killing it before grabbing another ball.
Today… I didn’t do this daily as it was too much work, lol. You can choose three of the other easier ones, after all ;P

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I hit 7/10 on one “defend” event, then got the next 3 on another. Yes, people are kicking while others are trying to snowball, and yes you get nailed by or nail other players while trying. But it is certainly doable.

Anet should improve it though, since it can be a pain. Give us some snowballing skritt separate from this event. Maybe a pack of them that gank you once you hit one to keep it interesting. Maybe they can randomly drop the sigils etc that were removed so people can get their wintery shoulders.

Khisanth.2948

Last time I had a few boxes of snowballs (buyable on tp or from presents) and went to Queensdale. I want to say this was West of the Shaemoor human starting event, where there are a few skritt near a cave and hero point. You want to drop snowball box, carefully approach a skritt, throw it, then run away. Do not get in combat. Else you’d need to waste time killing it before grabbing another ball.
Today… I didn’t do this daily as it was too much work, lol. You can choose three of the other easier ones, after all ;P

The sealed package of snowballs can also be bought from the charity corp seraph near the crown pavilion wp. Also you don’t just throw the snowball at the skritt. You want to throw it through the skritt so aim a bit behind it. That also means turning off snap ground targeting if you have it on. The grouchy skritts in Ember Bay makes this very easy.

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

If you have Arcallion Digs [&BMMAAAA=] explored, there are friendly skritts near the waypoint. You just need to buy Sealed Package of Snowballs, two is enough. Hit those friendly skritts, no animation when they get hit but it will count as a daily.

(edited by jagabs.5086)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Red skritt work for the achievement. The problem is you cannot use the snowball while in combat so basically you throw a snowball and run in circles to get the next snowballs to hit it again. If you are hit you need to kill it and find the next skritt

Khisanth.2948

Red skritt work for the achievement. The problem is you cannot use the snowball while in combat so basically you throw a snowball and run in circles to get the next snowballs to hit it again. If you are hit you need to kill it and find the next skritt

or use one like that sentry which doesn’t move

or just ask a friend to distract one while you hit it with snowballs …

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

This is one of the most badly designed and explained event ever done in Guild Wars 2.

Either fix it or remove it as a daily.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Be quick, pick up a snowball in advance, press 1 and wait for the next wave of skritt to appear, then aim as quickly as possible.

Yes, there are quite a few players who ignore the daily and make it hard for others to achieve. Also, there are some children who deliberately knock other players (who try to hit the skritt) off their feet.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As explained above in the thread, don’t try this at home (DR), kids! Go find a stationary red named skritt, eg a tiny bit south of the Akk Wilds wp in Metrica, with 3 snowball packs on you in case something goes wrong and you can’t use enough snowballs in time. 2 packs will last long enough for 10 uninterrupted hits if you never aggro, never misfire and enter combat, and plant your target circle just behind the skritt’s feet each time.

It will take far less time this way than trying for the contested skritt in the DR escort.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

never had any problems with this. wait a sec after they spawn because they spawn invulnerable. you get interrupted by others snowballs so step off to the side of everyone before you throw and make sure you hit them and not the players standing in the way.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Revilrad.1962

Revilrad.1962

An advice : Skritt want to disappear when they reach 10% health. You can interrupt that disappear animation by hitting them with a snowball. Then they will get up and try to disappear again. In which case you can hit them again and basically “stunlock” them until you got your 10 hits. This is easier to do as the other players tend to skip on such skritt as “already done”