Skritt Hit.

Skritt Hit.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

This event is next to impossible to do because you have to manually target the Skritt. You can’t tab target them, and with so many people clogging the screen you hit other people holding snowballs.

Next in the text it says hit Skritt anywhere in Tyria. This is a lie. I’ve tried every other place, including Ember Bay and Skrittsburg. Please correct this and make these holiday Skritt targetable by tabbing them.

Skritt Hit.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just finished this using a Grouchy Skritt in Ember Bay.

Skritt Hit.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yeah, find red-named skritt, explode a bundle of snowballs, fling. I can do it in two bundles deployed without ever pulling aggro.

Just remember to aim a tiny bit past the skritt. Undo snap-target-aoe for the daily.

Skritt Hit.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You don’t need to target the skritt. The snowball gives you a ground targeted skill so if you aim at or behind them it’ll hit them.

I’ve always done this daily during the Dolyak Defense event by standing slightly behind the dolyak (so all the skritt will spawn in front of me) holding a snowball and then when the skritt appear I aim behind as many of them as I can and throw the snowball.

It’s not totally foolproof but if there’s a skritt anywhere between me and the point I targeted I’ll get credit for the daily. Then I pick up another snowball and throw it towards any skritt I can see and repeat the process until they’re gone. Then pick up another snowball and resume following the dolyak.

At most it’s taken me 2 defense events to get it done (and when it’s the daily there’s plenty of people willing to donate to get the event going).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Skritt Hit.

Posted by: fonzybonzy.3961

fonzybonzy.3961

i just did it at queensdale in the cave at scaver waypoint.. just dont go into combat, i hit the same one over n over till completed. yay

Skritt Hit.

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

I used the drunk skritt in timberline stormakji wp (something like that). Had to stand far back, open some snowball’s and start throwing. Found they were easier to hit then some of the other skritt, like in lornar’s. where your snowball tends to 99% miss the skritt no matter where you put the aoe circle lol

I do wish they’d just add skritt snowball fighters in Divinty’s though, we used to have them in LA when the event was there i believe.

Skritt Hit.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I do wish they’d just add skritt snowball fighters in Divinty’s though, we used to have them in LA when the event was there i believe.

We did! That was how I used to finish that daily in previous years. Though kudos to the folks finding skritt around Tyria to bring them some Wintersday cheer!

Really though, the main problem when trying to get Skritt Hit during the dolyak runs is that people just run up and kick the skritt instead of throwing snowballs. It makes for two competing goals/designs that don’t work for the event or the achievement.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Skritt Hit.

Khisanth.2948

We did! That was how I used to finish that daily in previous years. Though kudos to the folks finding skritt around Tyria to bring them some Wintersday cheer!

Really though, the main problem when trying to get Skritt Hit during the dolyak runs is that people just run up and kick the skritt instead of throwing snowballs. It makes for two competing goals/designs that don’t work for the event or the achievement.

Even if people do not kick the skritts there is still the problem of people standing behind you also attempting to do the daily …

It is much simpler to go and hit the other skritts around in Tyria.

Skritt Hit.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You can consider the design a flawed one, when the basic, and simple way to do it is to find a workaround.
Honestly, it seems that the daily was designed for the npc skritt snowball fighters, and Anet devs forgot to remove it when they took them out.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Skritt Hit.

Khisanth.2948

You can consider the design a flawed one, when the basic, and simple way to do it is to find a workaround.
Honestly, it seems that the daily was designed for the npc skritt snowball fighters, and Anet devs forgot to remove it when they took them out.

There are plenty of other skritts all over Tyria.