Slayer Achievements

Slayer Achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

I’m maxed out completely on almost all my slayer achievements, and I’m not one to go start farming a certain type of mob to get achievements. i.e. I’m still at 2 giants slain.

There are some mobs that I kill a LOT and I would really like to keep track of which ones I’ve killed the most and compare them to my friends.

I would like to see the Slayer achievements & the Slayer in sPvP achievement go on infinitely. Very similar to the Agent of Entropy, but different in that each tier becomes, polynomially or exponentially longer, similar to all the kitten WvW achievements.

ANET, please let me know if this is something you guys would be able to implement this or thought of it before and chucked it. I would like to hear yours and everyone else’s input. Thanks

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I would love to have my numbers keep going I am also nearly finished got some giants and oddly ooze left.

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yeh would be nice to know..

i dont need more achievementpoints for the tiers beyond 1000 but i just want to KNOW

same for the “Master of the Overkill” achievement…

its ridicoulus 300.000 damage needed…

i hit for over 2 million already and im sure i can get higher when using full zerk/scholar runes/ 25 might/150 power from warrior trait/ 30-10-0-0-30 trait for warrior/ str and discipline banner/ signet of might / +200 strength +10% crit dmg food/ 10% dmg bonus from ranger spirit and fully ascended equipment with 10% dmg sigil
and then hit an animal with your lvl 80 char…
could be 3 million i guess

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Slayer Achievements

Fantastic.5298

Yeh the achievement points aren’t that important, that’s why on the Agent of Entropy the number of ahchievement points is like 2 each tier. Not much to make a difference, just there to let you know you completed another tier

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet should just remove the slayer sigils and incorporate their effects into the slayer achievements.

You killed 1000 Centaurs? You’ll do 2% more Damage against Centaurs..
You killed 5000 Centaurs? Youll do 10% more Damage against Centaurs

and so on until you reach a certain Damage Booster Cap.

Those Slayer Achievements should just reflect the expereince of your character in slaying a certain enemy type. So more you killl a certain enemy type, so more expereinced does your character become in killing them and this should get reflected by a small Damage Boost (or/ or maybe other little positive nice effects)

And this would allow Anet to reduce a bit the amount of Sigils, because lets face it, these slyer sigils are totally obsolete, nobody uses them, because there exist just alot better more useful sigils, than those slayer sigils that give you only a damage boost against 1 single specific enemy type and then even not a real siginificant one that makes up for a real big difference. 10% is just too less to make up for a real siginificant difference. 25% makes up for a real difference.

Titles should also reflect back some kind of character progression.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: SilentSkills.7248

SilentSkills.7248

Anet should just remove the slayer sigils and incorporate their effects into the slayer achievements.

Those Slayer Achievements should just reflect the expereince of your character in slaying a certain enemy type. So more you killl a certain enemy type, so more expereinced does your character become in killing them and this should get reflected by a small Damage Boost (or/ or maybe other little positive nice effects)

And this would allow Anet to reduce a bit the amount of Sigils, because lets face it, these slyer sigils are totally obsolete, nobody uses them, because there exist just alot better more useful sigils, than those slayer sigils that give you only a damage boost against 1 single specific enemy type and then even not a real siginificant one that makes up for a real big difference. 10% is just too less to make up for a real siginificant difference. 25% makes up for a real difference.

This is a great suggestion, based on some good logic. Too bad Anet won’t look at it. Let alone consider it.

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

i dont need more achievementpoints for the tiers beyond 1000 but i just want to KNOW

i hit for over 2 million already and im sure i can get higher when using full zerk/scholar runes/ 25 might/150 power from warrior trait/ 30-10-0-0-30 trait for warrior/ str and discipline banner/ signet of might / +200 strength +10% crit dmg food/ 10% dmg bonus from ranger spirit and fully ascended equipment with 10% dmg sigil

((Boggles)) Two… million?

I have Master of Overkill from a Wall of Reflection dropped behind me after running through the midst of about 18 young karka, so that’s 300,000+ against 80th level, armored targets, but two million??!?!!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Slayer Achievements

Nike.2631

This is a great suggestion, based on some good logic. Too bad Anet won’t look at it. Let alone consider it.

Actually, I pitched a variation they seemed very interested in. Instead of a flat, permanent buff in each category, each achievement allowed to you to create the matching potion of slaying once per day. As you reach higher tiers, you can pull out a better potion. It took up the “wrench” slot and you could only have one running at a time, but it did let you leverage you “monster killing experience” without raising the maximum efficiency over what players already have access to. It just let you tap a badly under-utilized part of the game that already exists.

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Need moar giants please. There are only 4 that are killable and even with me going out of my way for giants when I see them I’m still at 18.

Champion Giant (Diessa – Event at Naegling)
Champion Kol Skullsmasher (Harathi – Event @ Hidden Oroboun)
Giant (Brisbane – Event @Toxal Bog)
Kudu’s Monster (CoE Story Mode)

Risen giants don’t count and there is nothing else to kill so far that counts. o.o

Also turning the slayer achievments into a boost against x enemy is an awesome idea. Love it.

No more Harpoon gun of Orgre Slaying as drops! XD

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This would be incredible. While they’re at it, they should add a “Karka Slayer” achievement track.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I have Master of Overkill from a Wall of Reflection dropped behind me after running through the midst of about 18 young karka, so that’s 300,000+ against 80th level, armored targets, but two million??!?!!

The 2 mill hit was against an ambient creature, I have close to that.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Slayer Achievements

Im Mudbone.1437

The only Slayer achievement I need now are Giants having 28 done, only 972 to go. LOL
What I find rediculous is that you need 1000 of these dummies and can only find 4 max, of those 1 spawns over and over the other 3(this number depends on party size) are dependent on doing a pre-requisite to spawn. I can’t see farming this so I just casually do them when I notice they are up and will take many, many months to complete.

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Actually, I pitched a variation they seemed very interested in. Instead of a flat, permanent buff in each category, each achievement allowed to you to create the matching potion of slaying once per day. As you reach higher tiers, you can pull out a better potion. It took up the “wrench” slot and you could only have one running at a time, but it did let you leverage you “monster killing experience” without raising the maximum efficiency over what players already have access to. It just let you tap a badly under-utilized part of the game that already exists.

I really like this idea as well! Or wonder if you could earn a skill that could be used like a potion once a day in slaying vs making a potion.

Giants are really an issue. Not enough around that count for sure. I would like to see either the Risen Giants count or add some more like what is in Brisban.

Slayer Achievements

Nike.2631

Here, the full pitch looked like this:

Hail, the Slayer!
Your enemies shall know fear as never before! Slayer Achievements have been expanded to reflect your growing experience crushing foes of every sort. Beginning with 500 kills, once per day per creature type you may activate a 30 minute Slayer’s Prowess buff from the Slayer Achievements panel. This buff grants you extra damage and defense against enemies of that sort. These buffs mirror the ‘potions of slaying’ line of consumables and occupy the same nourishment effect “wrench slot” (e.g. their benefits cannot be combined with Tunning Crystals). The scale of these buffs increase as you continue to defeat your enemies and new tiers have been added to all of the Slayer Achievements to record your continuing campaign against the dangers of Tyria!

500 kills: Minor Slayer’s Prowess (5% damage vs. that foe)
1,000 kills: Slayer’s Prowess (7% damage to / – 4% damage from those foes)
5,000 kills: Strong Slayer’s Prowess (8% damage to / – 6% damage from those foes)
20,000 kills: Potent Slayer’s Prowess (9% damage to / – 8% damage from those foes)
50,000 kills: Powerful Slayer’s Prowess (10% damage to / – 10% damage from those foes)

(Note: Slayer’s Prowess does not give the 10% experience bonus that the equivalent potion would provide.)

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

that was vs an ambient creature like Mudbone said
thats what i meant by animal^^

vs real lvl 80 targets its way harder though thats true ^^…

now that i think about it they should change it so that it only counts for lvl 80s you hit.. but i still want to see whats the highest amount of dmg that i hit another lvl 80 for and not only my max 300.000 … :/
even if its not possible to hit so hard in a normal fights it is still fun to try getting the highest dmg amount with killshot

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Slayer Achievements

Fantastic.5298

I really like the idea! keep bumping the thread so it stands out. The only time I’ve ever used a +% dmg to a mob was when I would farm blk on humans, Other than that, its pretty much worthless and not worth the investment of another weapon. I doubt many people, if any, buy those sigils to actually use and not forge.

Slayer Achievements

Fantastic.5298

I would also like to know how many times I killed bosses like Tequatl and Wurm( oh wait I haven’t killed the wurm yet)

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I like the idea of the slayer achieves being incorporated with the slayer potions. I also wish some of those slayer achievements could be equipped as titles….I mean, c’mon, who wouldn’t want “indiscriminate slayer” hovering over their heads?

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Slayer Achievements

Im Mudbone.1437

I like the idea of the slayer achieves being incorporated with the slayer potions. I also wish some of those slayer achievements could be equipped as titles….I mean, c’mon, who wouldn’t want “indiscriminate slayer” hovering over their heads?

I really like the title idea, +1.

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I like this idea. Think it is similar to how the GW1 titles worked too

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Love this idea. Hope it happens!

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

Pls no more stat-boosts. Downscaling already doesn’t work properly, don’t make it even more boring…

Slayer Achievements

Fantastic.5298

Pls no more stat-boosts. Downscaling already doesn’t work properly, don’t make it even more boring…

That is a good point. This would be more of an additional thing that could be thought out deeper for implementation but the main point is to increase the cap ( or remove it) on Slayer achievements

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Point is, Ive suggested that already several times a long time ago and its just funny, how it finds just now as it seems some positive attention out of a miracle thats more than just 2 postings or so of discussion about it xD

And come on..this permanent downscaling arguments gets lame, its a dead horse that nobody can take for serious…

Do you really believe still, that any new high end content that we will see in the future, will stay at the same level of quaility/difficulty like the current Lvl 80 Maps ??

ANet can make newer Maps only alot more challenging and progressive with the Downscaling having more space to scale, if ANet increases the Max Level und gives ups stronger enemies.

With stronger enemies with higher Levels, theres not as much of a need then anymore with Downscaling, but it would allow Anet to easily implement creature specific Damage Boosters by working on the Slayer Achievements to give us all the impression of havign some kind of more Character Progression, without that they have to instantly increase our Maximum Level Cap directly too for that, just by giving us way how our Characters can progress indirectly through Titles

And it gives Anet the possibility to remove 18 completely useless sigils and to remove also some obsolete Dungeon Buff Potions, which aren’t needed in this game, if you could just compensate their effects through working on the fitting corresponding SlayerTitle to get better Defense and Power agaisnt specific Enemy Types so more you kill them and collect Experience on how to kill them more efficiently.

Thats just the point of these titles, to express, how experienced your character is with killing said creatures. Its just a normal thing that so more oftenly you successfully repeat something, that you get better and better at it, faster, more efficient, knowing the stuff you do in and out, all of the strengths and weakness and so on …

Thats the way that I think that Anet has to go with title,s or titles will always be in GW2 ttoally meaningless and just some useless letters under your name of your character.

I know fully well that alot of people fear, that if Anet could go with titles again the way liek they did with them in GW1, that this could come together with more Grind in the game.
However, its all just a matter of how you implement it. and hoew fast you progress…
You could consider basically Essenses of Luck also grind, but having the maximum of 300% isn’t really a must.
I’ve only currently nearly 105% and I don#t have the feeling, that I absolutely need to go to 300. It would be a nice thign to have, but needed? No!

Same would be Damage Boosters against specific Enemy Types…

If there would be for example now a Damage Booster versus Krait, because you killed xxxxx Krait and you get through this 10% more damage vs Krait and receive 10% lesser damage from them…
Then this is somethign that will be helpful maybe, but only in that places of the game, where Kraits are…if you fight now against Centaurs, if won#t help you if you killed like xxxxx kraits.

And even if you’be be on a Map where kraits are, if you have now 10% damage reduction and more damage, or 20% doesn’t make a big difference.

All new Maps that will be added in future, will be all End Content, because it makes absolutely no sense to add new Maps, that are designed for Low Level Characters that are under Level 80. OS there absoliutely no need to worry about things like “downscaling”.

However, what ANet could do also is linking that Damage Boost in Maps where you get downscaled maybe with some kind of Malus, so that it would be a “choice factor” whether you actively use the Boost, or not by beign able to activate/deactivate the Boost Effect.

How could Anet do this? Simpyl by making the Slayer Achievements – TITLES and when you want to have the Buff Effect active, then you simply actively use also the title

If you haven’t the title active, then you have also not the buff effect on.
When you have the Buff Effect on, this could have for example a little negative Effect on Loot Drop Chances for example that therefore, that you have slightly easier battles, therefore you have lesser Magic Find, receive lesser Exp, lesser Karma and lesser Gold from Drops.

That way would people think twice over it, if they want to use the Slayer buff, or not.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I maxed all the slayer achieves (besides Giant) months and months ago. I doubt at this point Anet has been keeping track to update my numbers killed if they ever added something like this. However tho I would like something like this as it might make me mix things up some and kill things in different areas.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Slayer Achievements

Fantastic.5298

I maxed all the slayer achieves (besides Giant) months and months ago. I doubt at this point Anet has been keeping track to update my numbers killed if they ever added something like this. However tho I would like something like this as it might make me mix things up some and kill things in different areas.

Yeah I’m not sure what data they still have on the characters but even if they started the count for everyone that has a maxed achievement at 1000 I would be fine with that.

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Always thought this would be a nice perk for the weapon master (at least in PvE). It would be a good throw back to guild wars 1 with some of the titles being for more then just show. I don’t see it happening.

And for the Record Anet. If you would Just Count the Giant’s Roaming around Orr as Giants instead of Undead people wouldn’t complain so much.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yeah I’m not sure what data they still have on the characters but even if they started the count for everyone that has a maxed achievement at 1000 I would be fine with that.

Well, they are able to restore your account to anytime after Dec.1, 2012, so I am guessing they do keep track of many things. Though, after the Slayer counters are maxed out, the game files might not keep a count. /shrug

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I like the idea of giving a damage buff against certain foes based on the Slayer title. Would support it.

Slayer Achievements

Fantastic.5298

I really would like to know how many times I killed Tequatl…

Slayer Achievements

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

How about nerfing the current damage vs. mobs in PvE by 10%. It is too easy at the moment anyway. Then you can increase the damage again with those achievements without causing any power creep.