Slayer Title..rant

Slayer Title..rant

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

I am soo upset..I worked for over a year to get the slayer title and finally finished with the Giant. No title for me!! Come to find out, sometime (recent;y) ANET added more slayer kills to the list. I have often wondered why players quit playing GW2 now I’m a little more understanding…

sorry just had to let off some steam……………..

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Uhh “slayer” title is from pvp… It’s one of the first you get.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Title

Guess you are referring to something different. I’m not sure…

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If an achievement has a title, it will say so, letting you know which achievements give titles.

I’m sorry if you actually killed that many giants by mistake, though. That’s impressive. o_o

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, it doesn’t say anywhere in the achievements that you get titles for those achievements. I mean, good job killing 1k giants; that’s impressive (I can’t be bothered to do it, myself). But yeah, it’s pretty plain to see that there’s no reward for those other than AP.

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’m sorry if you actually killed that many giants by mistake, though. That’s impressive. o_o

This.

That’s hilarious, get PvPing if you want the slayer title.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Slayer Title..rant

whitz.7246

There was a title for slaying giants, fire imps etc. etc. etc. in PVE and the last one was for 1000 giants (God I hate those giants now) and at the time there was a title when you accomplished all of them Now the list has been added to. I know I checked it maybe a month ago and there weren’t any added kills for added enemies, now there is. I’m just bummed for the time I put into that.

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/13/gw2-slayer-achievements-guide/

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

There was a title for slaying giants, fire imps etc. etc. etc. in PVE and the last one was for 1000 giants (God I hate those giants now) and at the time there was a title when you accomplished all of them Now the list has been added to. I know I checked it maybe a month ago and there weren’t any added kills for added enemies, now there is. I’m just bummed for the time I put into that.

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/13/gw2-slayer-achievements-guide/

This guide says nothing about a title. I think you are really confused. Please read my previous post and check the link. You need 2000 PVP kills for this title.

I have the slayer title and killed maybe 30 giants….

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Slayer Title..rant

whitz.7246

I’m almost positive there was a title, I never would have set out to kill 1000 giants if there was no title for completing the list… lol Guess I wasted all that time for nothing now. I need a break from the game before my husband kills me after he finds out I made a horrible mistake

Congrats Andraus on the title

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s never been a title for the various Mob Slayer achievements, whitz. The only Slayer title is the spvp kills one. You probably just misunderstood what you saw (we’re all guilty of it from time to time).

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There never was a title OP. I checked it out back at launch, looking for a title to that and to having the kills on each weapon. I was very disappointed they didn’t have one, particularly because of the effort involved to do all those kills.

Maybe they will put one in. I only needed plants and giants and since there is no title, well I haven’t been exerting myself to kill more than the 20 or so giants I have at this time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

what you are looking for is in the pvp section : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Conqueror

there was never a titel to the pve achivemtents for killing 1000 of X mob, i know it , i did them all

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

There never was a title, though there was a series of achievements:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guide_to_Slayer_achievements and they were, oddly enough, called <mob> Slayer.

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Considering that killing Giants is so difficult to do it should get a title. Thirst Slayer is another achievement that deserves its own title as well. Anything that takes patience and effort should have a title. I would love a Giant Slayer title.

Anet could do so much more with these as well. WoodenPotatoes addressed that in one of his videos on his top 10 feature changes he would like to see:

I am still going to try to finish Giant Slayer because that is the last one I have left under the slaying category.

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Giant Slayer took me about 20 hours, that brisbane event farm still works with megaserver

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I agree with what others have said here, I think you were honestly mistaken.

It is easy to confuse the terms “achievement” and “title”, considering other games/platforms use the term interchangeably.

Dulfy’s “Slayer Achievement Guide” is a guide on how to complete all slayer tracks in order to gain the achievement points they give.

I think this, along with there being an actual title PvP “Slayer” confused you.

On a pragmatic perspective… there’s no point complaining because the hours you spent farming kills are gone forever. On the other hand, you now have a huge bundle of extra AP that help towards you getting a few neat rewards. It’s something to tick off your list, feel accomplished!

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The game could use tiered titles like Guild Wars 1 and color them as WoodenPotatoes suggested to show level of difficulty. They could also go back and add titles. It’s sad the game has a title for carving a few pumpkins but nothing for killing 1000 of each type of mob or 5000 killing blows on all weapons.

The Guild Wars 1 system tiered title for slaying started off with Slayer of Imps and progressed through 9 more titles till you reached Slayer of All. The tiered system allowed everyone to show how far they had gone and the titles were often humorous.

What Guild Wars 1 player can forget the Asura rank title track
1 Not Too Smelly
2 Not Too Dopey
3 Not Too Clumsy
4 Not Too Boring
5 Not Too Annoying
6 Not Too Grumpy
7 Not Too Silly
8 Not Too Lazy
9 Not Too Foolish
10 Not Too Shabby

Or the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title track
1 Kind Of A Big Deal
2 People Know Me
3 I’m Very Important
4 I Have Many Leather-Bound Books
5 My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany
6 God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

You wore any of the tiered titles and people knew what you had done to get them and how much more you had to do.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I am soo upset..I worked for over a year to get the slayer title and finally finished with the Giant. No title for me!! Come to find out, sometime (recent;y) ANET added more slayer kills to the list. I have often wondered why players quit playing GW2 now I’m a little more understanding…

well, I heavily doubt that you are, but if you´ll do, you´ll probably be the only one quitting over something as insignificant as this.

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I agree with what others have said here, I think you were honestly mistaken.

It is easy to confuse the terms “achievement” and “title”, considering other games/platforms use the term interchangeably.

Dulfy’s “Slayer Achievement Guide” is a guide on how to complete all slayer tracks in order to gain the achievement points they give.

I think this, along with there being an actual title PvP “Slayer” confused you.

On a pragmatic perspective… there’s no point complaining because the hours you spent farming kills are gone forever. On the other hand, you now have a huge bundle of extra AP that help towards you getting a few neat rewards. It’s something to tick off your list, feel accomplished!

You managed a wonderful achievement even if it did not grant a title that others can see. Besides the extra AP you know you have done something extraordinary. The hours you spent were not wasted. I have 535 giant kills and am very envious that you have gotten this. Once I hit the halfway mark, I knew this was doable. It encourages me to keep working on it just to get it done. Satisfaction at knowing you managed it is huge. Anet, please look at the achieves and acknowledge ones like this that take such effort and dedication to finish and reward those players with a nice title!

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

There’s never been a title for the various Mob Slayer achievements, whitz. The only Slayer title is the spvp kills one. You probably just misunderstood what you saw (we’re all guilty of it from time to time).

Yeah, I’m definitely guilty of it. I set out to complete every jumping puzzle to get the Applied Jumping titles, and after I finished them all, I kept scratching my head wondering where the titles were. Google told me that SAB gave them out instead. Lesson learned!

OP: As many others said, Slayer is a title earned in PvP. Though I wish they would add some more incentives for some of the harder/more time consuming achievements (Giant Slayer, the one where you have to drink 15k drinks) we get what we get until they work on them. Next time be sure to check the achievement in question for a title in the game, not a website.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

You may very well be the first person I’ve heard of who has completed Giant Slayer. Kudos to you, but the achievement never had a title attached to begin with =>

At least you got some AP from it.

Slayer Title..rant

whitz.7246

My error, live and learn and I will be more careful in checking things out in the future. I couldn’t quit GW2 just a heat of the moment statement. Now on to play for fun
Thank everyone..

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

The game could use tiered titles like Guild Wars 1 and color them as WoodenPotatoes suggested to show level of difficulty. They could also go back and add titles. It’s sad the game has a title for carving a few pumpkins but nothing for killing 1000 of each type of mob or 5000 killing blows on all weapons.

The Guild Wars 1 system tiered title for slaying started off with Slayer of Imps and progressed through 9 more titles till you reached Slayer of All. The tiered system allowed everyone to show how far they had gone and the titles were often humorous.

What Guild Wars 1 player can forget the Asura rank title track
1 Not Too Smelly
2 Not Too Dopey
3 Not Too Clumsy
4 Not Too Boring
5 Not Too Annoying
6 Not Too Grumpy
7 Not Too Silly
8 Not Too Lazy
9 Not Too Foolish
10 Not Too Shabby

Or the God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals title track
1 Kind Of A Big Deal
2 People Know Me
3 I’m Very Important
4 I Have Many Leather-Bound Books
5 My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany
6 God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

You wore any of the tiered titles and people knew what you had done to get them and how much more you had to do.

I totally agree and I loved this aspect of GW1. I think it’s a good way to encourage people to work on their achievements and to play parts of the game they may not usually play. I also liked how you could access merchants etc. only once you’ve acquired a high enough racial title.

Perhaps they’ll tie something like this in with the mastery system?

Either way, this topic should definitely be discussed more

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

Ouch…slayer is from PVP only. Sorry you did all that for nothing

“The hype is real.”

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

Aside from pursuing the wrong achievement for the title, I do wish Anet would have expanded the narrow list of giants available to complete the 1000 kills to include all of the giants in the open world game area.

Giants are not that common in the game to begin with, there is no logical reason the ones found in Orr do not contribute to the completion.

Slayer Title..rant

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

My error, live and learn and I will be more careful in checking things out in the future. I couldn’t quit GW2 just a heat of the moment statement. Now on to play for fun
Thank everyone..

Getting those giant kills -is- quite the feat, though. Maybe you can submit a suggestion for a Giant Slayer title or something)