Slayer achievements

Slayer achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

Can we have a title for completing all the monster slayer achievements e.g.
‘legendary slayer’ or something? Would be cool IMO, you get titles for pvp so why not pve. Maybe even link it to a special reward, like with map completion. Would be something that people could earn over time through playing the game, and would encourage people to explore the world again as well in order to kill different monster types.

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You’re reallying going to kill 1000 giants?

You know the ones in Orr don’t count right? lol

Slayer achievements

DrMatt.9408

thought giants need less kills, haven’t done that 1 yet :P

Slayer achievements

Vayne.8563

Nope…giant slayer requires 1000 kills. There are three giants in the game, that are all part of group events. They take a while to take down.

I don’t think anyone’s gotten giant slayer yet. I’d be surprised if someone has.

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

So your post is basically “I’ve done it. Now i want to show off.”?

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Slightly off topic something got to me about giants. I was looking at norn cultural armour when I spoke with an Jotun NPC beside jormags claw/tooth hanging in the main hall. He was talking about how the Jotun and Norn are giants. So in theory every time you kill one of these (any jotun and sons of svarnir) you are in effect killing a giant as well.

Slayer achievements

Vayne.8563

Slightly off topic something got to me about giants. I was looking at norn cultural armour when I spoke with an Jotun NPC beside jormags claw/tooth hanging in the main hall. He was talking about how the Jotun and Norn are giants. So in theory every time you kill one of these (any jotun and sons of svarnir) you are in effect killing a giant as well.

Sure but each creature can only count in one time. Jotun have their own category as to Son’s of Svanir, the only norn you can kill. Orrian giants count as risen.

I think Anet is going to have to add a bunch of giants at some point or lower the requirement for the achievement.

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Sure but each creature can only count in one time. Jotun have their own category as to Son’s of Svanir, the only norn you can kill. Orrian giants count as risen.

I think Anet is going to have to add a bunch of giants at some point or lower the requirement for the achievement.

I know, the risen thing has always been a pain when doing the different kills for daily. Would be interesting if they could be cross referenced.

Slayer achievements

DrMatt.9408

So your post is basically “I’ve done it. Now i want to show off.”?

Ooo looks like someone wants to pick a fight, sorry not interested bro. I just thought it would be a nice thing to work towards, just like the pvp titles. Also if the giant 1 does indeed require 1000, then maybe that can be toned down.

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

I think this game needs more “prestigious” titles in general. So, I wouldn’t be opposed.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I like the idea of a monster slaying title!
Never mind the giants

I would really like their heads to hang in my house too

Gunnar’s Hold

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The only one out of the entire Slayer list that deserves a title, is Giant killing.

I’ve already resigned myself to never getting that maxed out, as my total count stands at 4.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I was actually expecting a return of the GW1 title “Slayer of All”. It was for the Norn title track but it fits.

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Crustydog.9825

Crustydog.9825

If you have ever looked at ALL the map that is not open yet, you know that in the future they will expand our explorable area and with it will come giants (and I bet the NEED for infusion….)

This is my pitch for there to be an actual title for killing ALL the slayer tracks – but I believe they gave Champion Slayer to PVP.

So with the new achievements focus currently under the gun at ANet – hope they figure out an appropriate title for the Slayer Tab.

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Certain enemie types, particularly just only 2 need a secrious increase in popularity. Plants and Giants.
anet needs absolutely to increase the amount of counting plants and giants.
GW1 had so many enemy types, alot of that stuff is missing in GW2 and also GW2 has already certain missing achievements here, which need to get implemented.

Also just 1000 Kills is way too less, Anet should add to all of the slayer achievements also a title and once u slayed the first 1000 of a speciafic species, then there should appear an unendless achievement similar to the one for salvaging or going into dungeons, which perrmanently gives achievement points every xxx points.

So from the point on, where a slayer achievement becomes unendless, players should receive for say every 100 follow up kills of a species just 1 achievement point.
———

missing achievements in the slayer category:

• Karka Slayer , or let them count as Insects as thats what they basically are, huge insects
  • Graveling Hunter (these should have their own achievement)
  • Mechanical Slayer (killing Golems and those Steam Creatures from future, whose lore absolutely fits not into GW2 but regardless…)
  • Moa Slayer
  • Warg Slayer (would count also for rock dogs and war beasts)
  • Animal Hunter (for killing stuff like deers, warthogs, wolves, dolyaks)
  • Fleshreaver Slayer
  • Pinipal Slayer
  • Armored Beast Slayer* (Armored Behemoths)
  • Bane of Primordus (for killing destroyers)
  • Bane of Jormag (for killing his minions)
  • Bane of Kralkatorrik (for killing branded enemies)
  • (later also the banes of Mordremoth and the yet still unknown deep see dragon naturally)

Other missing examples

• Oni Slayer
  • Mursaat Slayer (where the hell are they in GW2, I want to see them back)
  • Dryder Slayer
  • HYDRA SLAYER
  • Gargoyle Slayer (Anet has brought them lorewise back within Halloween!!)
  • Coloss Killer (or could make them count as giants as they are big)
  • Kappa Slayer (or let them count as shells)
  • Mandragor Slayer (or let them count as plants)
  • Incubus Slayer (or basically Demon Slayer)

And last but not least naturally everyne who has played through the game and finished Zhaitan should get the achievement together with the title DRAGON SLAYER

SO, as you can see all, this achievement sections has alot of improvement options.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Slayer achievements

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I was actually expecting a return of the GW1 title “Slayer of All”. It was for the Norn title track but it fits.

Only if “Not Too Shabby” is fitted somehow somewhere.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Slayer achievements

Khisanth.2948

Only if “Not Too Shabby” is fitted somehow somewhere.

Having at least 1 piece of cultural armor?

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

To Orpheal’s post, Heads up, pinipals count as griffon kills.

I agree that many of the creature types aren’t represented and that slayer tab could use some titles.

I too hope that more giants are added in the future or else it would take up most of anyones playtime to actually kill 1000 giants over the next few years. Highly doubt anyone is shooting for that. 9months in and I personally stand at 11. I guess if you killed 2-3 a day for the next year it would get done. The waiting and the killing and no real reward and no title is why I don’t think many would do that.

I actually had wanted to start doing it when I got to Orr only to find out Risen Giants don’t count, so that never happened.

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Frithgar.8652

Frithgar.8652

I would dearly love to see the slayer achievements expanded. I see someone suggested an endless version of the slayers like the agent of entropy, personally I don’t want this. I’d much rather have an increasing amount of kills required, then at something obscene like 100,000 kills in any particular category we get a title. So Critter slayer or Gryphon slayer etc etc.
One thing I really love about GW1 was the really high level of some of the titles, gave you something long term to work towards and meant it wasn’t all over for you after a couple of months. It also gives more casual players something cool to work towards over time.
I would also love to see a Grandmaster title. I spent a long time obtaining Grandmaster Cartographer in GW1, purely because I just loved being a Grandmaster, would be very cool to have a title with that in it somewhere!

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

behold the mighty thread necro. nerf plx!

Attachments:

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Frithgar.8652

Frithgar.8652

The points are still valid, even though it’s been down for a few months!

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Giant Slayer was added by a group of psychologists. They are trying to figure out how kitten up kids head are just to get a +1 on a video game.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Slayer achievements

Khisanth.2948

Giant Slayer was added by a group of psychologists. They are trying to figure out how kitten up kids head are just to get a +1 on a video game.

+1 is easy! It’s the +6 and up where it starts being a problem. :p

Slayer achievements

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

+1 is easy! It’s the +6 and up where it starts being a problem. :p

lol +1 doesnt exactly means +1 AP, it means anything that adds any number value to your character/account. Any sense of increment in their virtual belonging (since they don’t have real ones yet) will make kids do crazy kitten like that.

I posted that as a joke but it is true

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.