Slayers Outfit

Slayers Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I hate to say this…but this outfit…is not appealing to me…at all.

I like most of the art concepts in the game…I even understand the ones I do not personally find appealing, most of the time. I don’t know who designed this, and with that said; I am sure I have liked other things they have done in the game.

But I just simply don’t get this one..its aesthetics are just not there. It’s all over the place.

Its just an opinion, and I am sure others will disagree with me…but these outfits seem to be getting worse.

I would rather have sets of armor skins(like the Magitech set), with each piece, that I can use to mix and match, than to have this kind of product. Give me(the player) back the variety and ability to mix and match as I(again the player) want to get the look I am after for my character. Please.

ok…lets open the flame gates…remember, its an opinion, and they have always said they want constructive feedback. I am expressing my wish as a player and customer.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

I looked at it, but didn’t like it enough to buy. Not only does it have huge shoulders (and I’m so tired of outsized shoulders), but imo it’s nothing special to look at. It’s sort of, just, there.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But I just simply don’t get this one..its aesthetics are just not there. It’s all over the place.

I think “all over the place” IS the aesthetic they’re going for.

Basically, it’s supposed to be made with bits and parts from things you’ve killed.

See that part right there? ::points:: That’s made from your sense of fashion. It dies the moment you pay gems for this… mess.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s just . . . awful. I told a guildie of mine that it looks like what happens when a Charr and a Norn get together, get drunk, and design a set of armor.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

Basically, it’s supposed to be made with bits and parts from things you’ve killed.

See that part right there? ::points:: That’s made from your sense of fashion. It dies the moment you pay gems for this… mess.

That makes sense and explains why it doesn’t have the coherent style of the other outfits.

It’s still ugly though and I don’t put my money down for ugly.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I honestly don’t know what I am looking at when I see that armour. It’s just a mess.

By contrast, had they released a slinky BDSM tight outfit to match those new weapons in the black lion, they would likely be rolling in money.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I agree with what you’re saying, and I get that its supposed to be a kind of “trophy” armor…but it has just missed the mark…its too over the top…maybe I am not expressing my thought well. That’s what I meant by “all over the place”. (Also I have had enough of the “oversized” shoulders too.)

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Outfits are dumb.

Armor skins are great.

Why does arenanet refuse to add new armor to the game unless it includes all three weights?

Why can’t I get an armor skin set with purchased outfits for whatever seams it matches with?

I like the headpiece, or shoulders from some skins but hate the skin. or some outfits that have a cool chestpiece but crap shoulders, pants, etc.

I would totally buy more outfits if they came with applicable armor skin unlocks. If an outfit uses the light armor seams, have it unlock a light armor skin set when purchased too! This is obviously designed as heavy armor. Would it be so awful to have it come with a matching heavy armor skin set unlock?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m a ninja so I prefer tight fitting outfits like the Bandit. It’d be wonderful if that was 700 gems alone. Would rather have tight fitting armor skins though with no skirt on males instead of uncustomization outfits. Still waiting.
Swimsuits are always a good idea too since I’m a swimmer. Even though water content is RIP’d.

I don’t like this costume at all. Very bulky, junky, thrown together, top-heavy with legs looking barely able to support the rest of the armor. It makes me look fat and deformed since it doesn’t fit my Sylvari’s body shape at all.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Bleh. I have zero enthusiasm left for outfits. No matter how amazing they look at first, all of them pale in comparison to what we can create on our own with the wardrobe system.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

If this is supposed to be “trophy” armor, it could still be crafted in a way that looks appealing. And I agree with PopeUrban about outfits – I haven’t purchased one yet because I prefer to mix my own look.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

/flop
Another “let me mix and match” thread, when I was hoping for an actual critique of the outfit.
It’s an okay rig, but it does that stupid “chop off Charr horns” thing again. Hey, Devs? Mind firing that S&M freako who wants to cut off my horns and use them to spitroast babies?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

another week, another outfit…
ok, we know we were fools to spend $50 on an expansion with 3 armour sets…
but Anet you don’t need to pump out cashgrab after cashgrab to show us how easy it would have been to make more armour…

#WTBarmour

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

/flop
Another “let me mix and match” thread, when I was hoping for an actual critique of the outfit.
It’s an okay rig, but it does that stupid “chop off Charr horns” thing again. Hey, Devs? Mind firing that S&M freako who wants to cut off my horns and use them to spitroast babies?

Too bad, for a while there it was nice to see them somewhat ackowledging charr. But hey, we arent human female so I guess it isnt too important :p

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Slayers Outfit

Rauderi.8706

/flop

Too bad, for a while there it was nice to see them somewhat ackowledging charr. But hey, we arent human female so I guess it isnt too important :p

Stop being right. ;_;

The previous outfit lost me at horrible foot clipping and equally horrible ear/horn clipping. And that’s sad, because I really liked it overall. It just seems like they’re not paying attention to details at all.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Reminds me of Conan the Barbarian and Heavy Metal mags I used to read. Unfortunately I’m holding out for a Melandru outfit (rather it be a armor set). If I would critique anything it would be the open face helm as we already have an option to hide helm in outfits and armor.

and why still always outfits? Yes easier to produce (I assume), but less transmutation stone sales for Anet.

JQ Druid

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

and why still always outfits? Yes easier to produce (I assume), but less transmutation stone sales for Anet.

To be fair, I don’t think Anet really cares about trans-charge sales right now since the things can be acquired in massive amounts ingame.
Not to say I wouldn’t like to see more real armor sets, of course.

Hate is Fuel.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

I love this one but its not a armor skins so not going to buy it……
Sorry but there all type of glam items in game i think we need more of the rough tough and brutal to give us more flavor and choices.

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Sorry but there all type of glam items in game i think we need more of the rough tough and brutal to give us more flavor and choices.

In that case you’re going to like the blc weapons they released.

Hate is Fuel.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

In that case you’re going to like the blc weapons they released.

dead you read my post about that
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Is-it-just-me-Merciless-Weapon-Skins/first#post5815550

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

/flop

A critique? Fair enough. It looks like a bunch of ideas for at least three different outfits cobbled together, but none of the individual themes (bone armour, scrap metal and…blades?) are particularly interesting.

A sleek, fitted BDSM outfit to complement the Merciless weapon skins would have been pretty cool, imo. There’s not really anything like this in the game, apart from the female Profane set.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I actually like the basic concept of the outfit. A garb made out of parts from animals you’ve killed. Hides, bones, that sort of thing. That’s actually pretty nice.

However, it is ridiculously overdesigned. Spikes everywhere, the gloves are enormous (and what exactly are they even supposed to be?), and that dangling skirt with the metal blades is both out of place and silly looking.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its another fail outfits full of jagged bits rather than clean lines and being stylish. Whilst they do have some good outfit designs the majority are just trash.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Sadly, this is the outfit that broke my plan to collect them all. Random jumbles of spikes, bones, and rags all with rough edges simply do not fit my aesthetic. I previewed it on a number of race/gender combos and couldn’t close the window fast enough.

I buy more gems than I should as it is. I’m simply not going to toss one cent at this outfit. More power to those who like it, as I am sure some do. May they enjoy using it.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

If this was an armor where I could mix and match the parts, I’d buy it in an instant. Being an outfit….no….can’t work with it

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

It’s a good outfit for Norn. And probably Druids would like it too. It has something savage. Not bad at all.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

It’s a hot mess imo. Way too much going on.

Slayers Outfit

Posted by: Temujin.7356

Temujin.7356

Why didn’t they release Melandru’s Regalia Outfit? Perfect for Heart of Thorns, right? Keep the Slayer Outfit stuff and give us a Paragon and Dervish Outfit. Oh, and that Melandru thing too. Also want a pteradactyl glider and a wingsuit. And a pony…..a fire truck….let’s see….what else….

Slayers Outfit

Rauderi.8706

/flop

A critique? Fair enough. It looks like a bunch of ideas for at least three different outfits cobbled together, but none of the individual themes (bone armour, scrap metal and…blades?) are particularly interesting.

A sleek, fitted BDSM outfit to complement the Merciless weapon skins would have been pretty cool, imo. There’s not really anything like this in the game, apart from the female Profane set.

Rather on-point assessment, actually. Its concept is (like many things that come out of ANet of late) very muddled. Certainly a non-buy from me.

Many alts; handle it!