Slowpoke.jpeg - Destroyers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soyaman.7096

Soyaman.7096

Hey!

So I long time ago since I played GW2 but I distinctly remember seeing Destroyers in the world of GW2 while questing.

Was this intentional?
I mean as far as lore goes Destroyers being awake is the sign of imminent doom.
Have they awoken again? Did father destroyer dragon come home?

Maybe it’s just scattered disconnected ones which never was caught (These were rather low level I believe)
Or perhaps it was just a basic destroyer-like theme on a unit which I thought was Destroyers but really wasn’t..

Thoughts? Answers? xD

I’ve not played GW2 for a long time so I’ve missed a lot of these story events so if anyone who’s followed it religiously could help me that’d be golden

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Well yeah Primordus has awakened long ago. It’s basically just the dwarves fighting the destroyers “in the depths” and slowly losing, so the destroyers pop up above the ground.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Seems like you missed out on the story that happened between GW and GW2.

The Great Destroyer that was killed in EotN was not the real ringmaster. The driving force behind the Destroyers was a dragon named Primordus, and the Great Destroyer was just his lieutenant. Killing it set Primordus’ plans back a few decades, but eventually he rose from his slumber and returned to his plans of domination/destruction.

The dwarves had already turned into stone in EotN, and the transformation was one-way. They dedicated themselves to fighting the destroyers. 200 hundred years pass between GW and GW2, and as Waar said above me, Primordus is either winning the fight or has finally won. Thus some of the destroyers are reaching the surface. The dredge seem to like mining in places where they can be found, which is only speeding up the process.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

Also I’m suggesting OP to read exellent book “Edge of Destiny”. Not only it gives a lot of insights from a standpoint of lore and characters, but its also fun and enjoyful to read.