Small Guild Alliances

Small Guild Alliances

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

I am going to start this out by saying that please keep recruitment off this thread so we don’t get it closed/moved in error. Thanks in advance!

This is a discussion amongst ourselves for suggestions so that we can make/create small guild alliances easier to maintain/manage without dissolving guilds. Post suggestions, ideas, etc for a more unified workaround to our current issue.

Some suggestions I have for these are:

• If your server has a WvW alliance message board/mumble/chat area to contact one of the admins to see if they could facilitate a place for small PvE guild alliances. This could in turn cause them to also help in the cause and create more opportunists to help each other.
  • Small guilds should create a rank in their guild for alliance members only with the appropriate restrictions so that more communication can be made through MotDs as well as helping each other earn some influence through small representations (i.e. 2 DEs or 1 Dungeon to help create influence to the guild that will be hosting the guild mission that week).

Any other suggestions I will update on this post. So please post ideas and things that we could use to help each other through multiple servers. All the suggestions may not be for everyone but we can at least work out some cool things to make this difficult time easier.

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

Small Guild Alliances

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

I realize that the new content is exciting and maddening but no one has anything to add?

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

Small Guild Alliances

Posted by: mnwolfboy.9348

mnwolfboy.9348

I hoping Anet makes it a little easier to unlock guild missions for smaller guilds. But alliances is a good idea for time being if we want to rack up influince. Our guild does dungeons weekly every sundays with mumble set up. However we usualy only have enough for 1 to 2 groups at the same time. We are a guild of 30 members but most that ever on a day is between 5 -9 people. infuince earned doesnt rack up fast enough. Our Art of War is only rank 2 and will take a while to get it to rank 5 just to get guild missions unlocked. Also to add, we do wvw but we do it casually, were a casual guild and guild missions going to be tough on a lot of small casual guilds.

Small Guild Alliances

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I am going to use my guild as a hub guild for an alliance. It is nearly fully upgraded and sitting on a nice chunk of influence and 25 man mumble server. This is the way I perceive it working…

• Leaders of participating guilds will have a Captain rank to invite all of their active members and set their ranks to the name of their guild.
  • No one is expected to represent regularly. The roster is mainly a white pages for active alliance members. Possibly a chat channel.
  • For alliance events, such as map clears, dragons, event chains or world events everyone represents the hub guild so we can all recognize each other on the map (blue tags).
  • Once a week a guild group from each alliance guild should do a dungeon run of some sort while representing the hub guild. This will allow us to do Guild challenges as an alliance, so all members of the alliance get guild rewards as well as participation rewards for helping eachother with their own personal guild challenge missions.
  • the hub guild message will be a notice of dates, times, and servers that each alliance guild has planned so we know where/when to guest.

The point of this is that rather than having every member of every guild join every other guild, or having multiple representatives trying to organize and communicate, we will have one center point of communication and organization in game that will let you see which alliance leaders, members and officers are online and available at a glance as well as letting us do large scale content cohesively.

Hopefully I can get 2-4 small/medium sized guilds to get on board to give this a shot. I think the concept has a ton of potential.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)