Small Guilds, stop complaining about GHls

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pandgami.6745

Pandgami.6745

I get it Guild Halls are ridiculously expensive and almost impossible for small guilds to obtain and upgrade.

That was the point from the very start. People knew it was gonna be expensive so why all the complaining?

Guild halls are suppose to be meant mainly for large guilds. Why? Incentive.
Let’s be honest in a large guild, if a person gets kicked not many people are gonna care. If its a higher up or an officer there may be some drama but people get over it. If its someone of the lower ranks the people kicking and many of the other members wouldn’t really care. This is the downside of a large guild who don’t have the emotional/personal incentive of a small guild.

Smaller guilds are a tightly knit unit that have grown strong bonds as they have grown attached to the other members as there only a few so its easy to know everyone and be friends with them. And you could have a fully upgraded guild too if you pulled enough money which was not hard to earn pre-HoT. So why join a large guild when you can be a small guild with your close friends? Benefits from the large guilds.

Large Guilds have numbers and vast amount of resources to back up their large numbers/presence. With the old guild system the incentive of repping and earning influence for large guilds meant 24 hour buffs like exp, karma, harvesting, wvw upgrades, etc. But even small guilds could accomplish this feat pretty easily if they earned enough and farmed things and did events together which they most likely did as they would do everything together.

With the new guild system the only way to keep members from constantly leaving (or at least to constantly recruit to fill those that left) is the guild hall and its various upgrades. So of course large guild will get those upgrades and flesh out their guild hall easier and faster than the small guilds.

If you really want a fully upgraded guild hall and those buffs and stuff, merge into a big guild. If you don’t like them or how they conduct things, leave. Otherwise don’t complain about a system that was clearly intended from the very beginning to benefit to large guilds hold their communities together. Guild Halls are suppose to represent the effort of hundreds of players and their dedication to the guild as a whole.

tl;dr GH meant for large guilds not for small guilds

ALTaholic and The Scribe of [vox] Cloister of Wand and Pistol

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I don’t want a fully upgraded guild hall, but as a small wvw guild i want a arena in our guildhall so that we can use it for the purpose it is there. I certainly don’t want to merge in to a big guild, that is ridiculous, i am in a guild with a certain aim, and joining a blobby guild with milions of people having to share the arena with them, well sorry that is not working for us, we want to have the arena to be able to invite other guilds to fight with us when ever we want and the enemies are avaiable, not when the arena might be free and not full of 300 members that create lag.

At this point this will take ages for us to get a fully upgraded arena, and we are punished because we are small with a aim, a aim that the guild halls are meant to be used for.

Posted by: Wish.5832

Wish.5832

Yes, leave a large portion of your players locked out of a very casual and harmless feature for everyone to have. Makes sense. On that note, make Guild halls Raid worthy and only let the top elite of elite have them.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes. Let’s have every single char in game a member of a huge, anonymous guild where few care if you are there or not or if you get kicked, just so that guild halls can be built.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

It’s so nice to see ppl attitudes like “not my problem, I don’t care, stop whining”. Yes, this is at the OP. If Guild Halls was meant only to big guild, wth then was all guild features moved to there? Why locking out small guild from several guild benefits just because they are small? That sounds unfair and stupid if it’s the case.

Also, remember that big guilds were once small. Guilds aren’t only about big groups with 100 or more people, but 20 or less people can be a guild too. After all, the game is about guilds too huh? Making stuff exclusive to certain groups isn’t community friendly, that’s what this game is about too.

Therefore, if you are bothered about what people expect from the game, why don’t you go seek something else too instead complaining about how others feel? See and understand all sides of a situation before complaining.

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

Who says Guild Halls are meant to be only for large guilds? Anet? I haven’t seen it. Tell you what, how about you stop complaining about people complaining; how about you stop posting pointless threads that will achieve absolutely nothing useful.

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

Posted by: Doctor.5068

Doctor.5068

how about you stop posting pointless threads that will achieve absolutely nothing useful.

The hypocrisy, it is real. The small guilds crying on the forums are the vocal minority. Just like everything else you see on the forums. People that are happy with how things are running are not going to say so on the forums. That is why every post on the forum is someone crying about something. I agree with OP about GH. People that CHOOSE not to be in a large guild need to accept that they won’t have the same access as those who do.

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

I remember reading this: guild hall is balanced around 10 players and would take around nine months to fully upgrade based on the highest rate of mine output. Colin also mentioned in an interview small guild could use Guild Initative Hall for gathering.

shadow.6174

how about you stop posting pointless threads that will achieve absolutely nothing useful.

The hypocrisy, it is real. The small guilds crying on the forums are the vocal minority. Just like everything else you see on the forums. People that are happy with how things are running are not going to say so on the forums. That is why every post on the forum is someone crying about something. I agree with OP about GH. People that CHOOSE not to be in a large guild need to accept that they won’t have the same access as those who do.

Yes, it can be true that people are complaining and stuff. Also it’s true that small guilds won’t have the same things as easily as big guilds will, but that doesn’t mean that Guild Halls were meant to big guild only.

People can choose to not be in big guilds for countless reasons, but that should not punish them for doing so and then forcing them to be in big guilds if they want certain benefits that was meant to ANY guild of ANY size. ALL guilds can have access to the SAME things, the only difference is big guilds will get them easier and faster.

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I really don’t know why it’s so hard for people to understand why people want their personal bank guilds or small guilds.

I don’t speak for everyone, but kitten , I did like to have access to banners and guild siege from my personal guild, something I don’t have in the freaking bigger WvW guilds I’m in.

Stop trying to shove “get in a big guild, that’s what the game was meant for” down our throats. We get it. But… understand that is what we had been given for the past 3 years, and we had access to things we had unlocked (as I said, guild siege and banners, etc.)

Now we don’t.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Raedwulf.3712

Take your charge of hypocrisy & shove it where the sun doesn’t shine, Doctor. Anyone & everyone on the forums is a vocal minority. I don’t have an opinion on the subject (despite being a small guild in either of my guilds). I do strenuously object to people like YOU and the OP setting up strawman arguments, though.

YOU (as well as the OP) need to accept that everyone has a right to voice their opinions on these forums. Including those who have a different opinion from you. “Vocal minority” is a BS statement that YOU have absolutely no statistics to validate.

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

The devs have every right to create a horrible game system that punishes players who want to have fun. HoT is all that.

And we have every right to tell them to ….. it.

Have been playing SWTOR’s new expansion, it’s fun. HoT isn’t.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A customer complaining about other customers complaining about a product?

Classy.

Posted by: Doctor.5068

Doctor.5068

I am not saying people don’t have a right to voice their opinion. What I am saying is, that ppl that complain about not being able to use GH, or the people complaining about the precursor crafting, need to understand that these new features were meant to take a long time and not be completed within the first 2 weeks of launch. For those who say they need small guilds for bank storage, you can join 5 guilds at a time. I personally have 1 guild bank, 2 small guilds of friends, a pvp guild, and 1 giant guild. The only guild in that group that expects a GH is the giant guild. You can all have your small guilds, but just join a casual big guild on the side for GH perks

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I remember reading this: guild hall is balanced around 10 players and would take around nine months to fully upgrade based on the highest rate of mine output. Colin also mentioned in an interview small guild could use Guild Initative Hall for gathering.

This and as I have said in a few other topics like this, if I rember right I think he also said that Aetherium was going to be the thing that kept smaller guilds to keep up with bigger guilds. Well this isn’t true, we have had 1500 Aetherium for over four days without being able to build or upgrade anything and we are a medium guild with a few donating guild members, I can immagine how long a small guild will sit on max capasity waiting to be able to upgrade.

The devs have every right to create a horrible game system that punishes players who want to have fun. HoT is all that.

And we have every right to tell them to ….. it.

Have been playing SWTOR’s new expansion, it’s fun. HoT isn’t.

Sorry for being offtopic now…

Good for you. Now I wonder even why you are here? I hate Swtor and I looked at my brother playing the expac and I cant say I liked it more. I am not sitting in Swtors forum spewing offtopic nonsence that that game is bad and I am now playing GW2 and it is so much better. I don’t get it…

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Raedwulf.3712

That’s a much better way of expressing your views, thank you, Doctor. Your first try wasn’t very good. As a small guild person, I know it’ll take a long time to achieve anything much.

I haven’t complained about it. I “game the system” on PvP dailies with my second guild. We have our own arena, but we don’t really PvP (most of the time); it’s just a point-scoring exercise. I realise that if there were different rules for different sized guilds… Heck, guilds are doing it now. It’s widely known that if you take 10 instead of 9 into the hall claiming mission it gets a lot harder.

But the OP is way out of line. I don’t entirely agree with you either, Doctor. But at least I now have a much better idea of the point you were trying to make!

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

If you’re not in a small guild yourself, kindly be quiet.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I get it Guild Halls are ridiculously expensive and almost impossible for small guilds to obtain and upgrade.

That was the point from the very start. People knew it was gonna be expensive so why all the complaining?

Let’s be honest in a large guild, if a person gets kicked not many people are gonna care. If its a higher up or an officer there may be some drama but people get over it. If its someone of the lower ranks the people kicking and many of the other members wouldn’t really care. This is the downside of a large guild who don’t have the emotional/personal incentive of a small guild.

Smaller guilds are a tightly knit unit that have grown strong bonds as they have grown attached to the other members as there only a few so its easy to know everyone and be friends with them. And you could have a fully upgraded guild too if you pulled enough money which was not hard to earn pre-HoT. So why join a large guild when you can be a small guild with your close friends? Benefits from the large guilds.

Large Guilds have numbers and vast amount of resources to back up their large numbers/presence. With the old guild system the incentive of repping and earning influence for large guilds meant 24 hour buffs like exp, karma, harvesting, wvw upgrades, etc. But even small guilds could accomplish this feat pretty easily if they earned enough and farmed things and did events together which they most likely did as they would do everything together.

With the new guild system the only way to keep members from constantly leaving (or at least to constantly recruit to fill those that left) is the guild hall and its various upgrades. So of course large guild will get those upgrades and flesh out their guild hall easier and faster than the small guilds.

If you really want a fully upgraded guild hall and those buffs and stuff, merge into a big guild. If you don’t like them or how they conduct things, leave. Otherwise don’t complain about a system that was clearly intended from the very beginning to benefit to large guilds hold their communities together. Guild Halls are suppose to represent the effort of hundreds of players and their dedication to the guild as a whole.

clueless… thoughtless… meaningless tosh!
All I got to say about this post. nothing to see here, move along!

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

So why this new thread? You could have stated your opinion in one of the existing ones. And why bother at all? It does not hurt you, does it?

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Well, xpac hype is over. Now begins the The Great Age of Complaining.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i don think is the small guilds that is complaining, it is the tiny guilds that are complaining.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

i don think is the small guilds that is complaining, it is the tiny guilds that are complaining.

Why do you always spout this rubbish.. care to back up this new claim you’ve put forth or like always is it pie in the Sky.. ..pun intended – maybe time you took up a new hobby, one that demands less fact and more fiction.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

SkyShroud.2865

Why do you always spout this rubbish.. care to back up this new claim you’ve put forth or like always is it pie in the Sky.. ..pun intended – maybe time you took up a new hobby, one that demands less fact and more fiction.

oh, so you saying the small guilds are complaining, i see, thanks for clarifying, i guess ts is right then.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Please stop complaining about something that doesn’t hurt your gameplay. This hurts ours. I now have almost zero likelyhood that my friends will join me in this game now because of the guild changes. That’s 3 sales ArenaNet won’t be making until they fix this.

Enjoy your guild hall and stop telling other people they can’t have one.

shadow.6174

What I am saying is, that ppl that complain about not being able to use GH, or the people complaining about the precursor crafting, need to understand that these new features were meant to take a long time and not be completed within the first 2 weeks of launch.

Now that makes sense. For any guild, either big or small, things will take time for sure. And as I said before, the difference is it will be easier and faster for one than for other. But that doesn’t mean one can have and other can’t.

That’s a much better way of expressing your views, thank you, Doctor. Your first try wasn’t very good. As a small guild person, I know it’ll take a long time to achieve anything much.

[..]

But the OP is way out of line. I don’t entirely agree with you either, Doctor. But at least I now have a much better idea of the point you were trying to make!

Yup, agreed. Their first attempt didn’t sound good but then their point of view is clearer now.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I’m trying to make sense of the OP. Failing desperately.

Guild Halls are for big guilds? Says who. You, the Prophet of Jesus?

Give me a break. Guild Halls are a feature for guilds to have a “home” and have some neat little “homey” perks that they can use. I don’t understand why size should have anything to do with it. If your guild is past Anet’s (silly) designated size of what they consider a “group” or “party,” then the Guild Hall world should be your oyster, not your living hell.

Not every feature in a game has to be a massive timesink and resource sink! Some developers get this. Others, apparently, do not. And players, especially… a lot of them… do not get it at all. Whatsoever. This is how the mind of many players works, “If it works for me, then it’s fine as is and should never, ever change. If it doesn’t work for me, then it should change NOW. NOW NOW NOW.”

The evidence of this is in just about every forum thread ever made on a game forum and the selfishness is staggering. For every moment there’s a guy saying “It’s fine as is because it works for me,” that same guy is later saying on another issue “it’s not fine for me, so it MUST change.”

These forums would be a lot more productive in their discussions if even half the people acknowledged their selfish wants and lobbied for compromise.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Hopefully with time they will expand on the Guild Hall idea and present smaller options in Central Tyrian locations that will be more easily obtained and useful to smaller guilds.

shadow.6174

Hopefully with time they will expand on the Guild Hall idea and present smaller options in Central Tyrian locations that will be more easily obtained and useful to smaller guilds.

Maybe it’s not what you meant but it’s possibly to obtain stuff or even use it as a guild place at Guild Initiative Headquarters at Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

I always wonder what size of a guild people are complaining about. What is a small guild? My guild has 5 active members and we’ve unlocked the guild hall with no outside help and have been steadily building our upgrades. Very seldom do we have our aetherium sitting at max. The shovels are a pain in the behind in our small guild but that’s the only issue so far. For comparison my guild is currently level 12.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Maybe it’s not what you meant but it’s possibly to obtain stuff or even use it as a guild place at Guild Initiative Headquarters at Lion’s Arch.

Yes, it’s a lovely little place isn’t! We have – and do – use that. I was sort of thinking very similarly to that, but perhaps with themes for each of the races. Like a homestead somewhere, or a lab, or grove-esque area, etc etc. Lots of possibilities.

It would be lovely if every zone in the game had the option somewhere to have a guild hall within it. I think that would be very nice.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

You are aware of that there are guilds in this game aiming only for example towards wvw or pvp? Were a guild halls is necesary to be able to arrange GvG’s or duels and other things only aiming towards wvw? Those guilds do not have 300 members since that would kind of loose their focus and no posibility to build a strong hard core group to compete with. This groups will struggle, because what 300 people can gather in weeks, the small wvw focused guild will take months, and in the end even years to reach the goal if you look further ahead on what upgrades really cost.

You feel they have no need or should not have the right to have a guild hall? Even though the arena is designed for this purpose towards smaller fights agains other guilds. There is also upgrades like emergency waypoints to save keeps and towers, and buffs to put on camps/keeps/towers. You feel this buffs and waypoints should not be reachable by the guilds that are in wvw every day for many many hours and are keeping your server in a good spot? Only the huge social guilds with 300 people who you rarely see in wvw anyway should be able to make this? How is this helping the server? The small wvw guilds?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

If people go by your post alone it’s almost like the forum is not a place to give and discuss feedback.

tl:dr version; stop telling people what to do, you’re not a mod

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

A customer complaining about other customers complaining about a product?

Classy.

Meta complaints are always fun.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

So, you want to promote cesspool guilds that are so large that no one cares about each other?

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Noooope.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

SkyShroud.2865

I always wonder what size of a guild people are complaining about. What is a small guild? My guild has 5 active members and we’ve unlocked the guild hall with no outside help and have been steadily building our upgrades. Very seldom do we have our aetherium sitting at max. The shovels are a pain in the behind in our small guild but that’s the only issue so far. For comparison my guild is currently level 12.

most complainers are guild of your size.
to me, anything less than 10 is consider tiny while small guild range from active 20 to 100. medium is around 200-300 while large is obviously 400-500. huge is something like tts with 5 sister guilds. well, i decided these number since i use 5 terms to describe guild sizes while most people only use 3 terms to describe guild sizes.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes. Let’s have every single char in game a member of a huge, anonymous guild where few care if you are there or not or if you get kicked, just so that guild halls can be built.

I’m sorry but you don’t need to be in a guild of 500 where no one cares to have and upgrade a guild hall. There’s a huge difference between 5 and 500. 50 is between those numbers and some of the closest knit groups I’ve been in have been 50 man guilds.

I’m in a guild of 200 with 100 reguilars and a core of about 30-50 people who are very close and very welcoming. We go out of our way to help new people integrate into the guild, and some of them stay and become core members, if they like what they see.

Those people who choose to be part of the family are in fact part of the family. The idea that 50 people can’t be friends in an MMO is simply misguided.

I have a ton of friends on my guild and a few people I’m very close with. I’m not sure why you think you have to limit your guild to five to have friendships.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I prefer a smaller guild with RL-friends over a blobby guild.
I just like to know the people I’m playing with in person. It’s more fun for me.
It’ll probably needs years until we’ve everything build the way we want it, but it’s not like the guildhall feature is the main thing that keeps us playing.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So, you want to promote cesspool guilds that are so large that no one cares about each other?

In a “cesspool” guild people wouldn’t contribute and they wouldn’t have a guild hall anyway. How about promoting the idea that more than five guys can be friends. I know I have at least 20-30 friends in my guild that I play with all the time. Today we got the guild hall, built the tavern and mine and got to level 10.

Doesn’t mean we’re a cesspool or that we don’t care about each other. I’m sorry to see you have such a cynical outlook on guilds.

SkyShroud.2865

I’m sorry but you don’t need to be in a guild of 500 where no one cares to have and upgrade a guild hall. There’s a huge difference between 5 and 500. 50 is between those numbers and some of the closest knit groups I’ve been in have been 50 man guilds.

I’m in a guild of 200 with 100 reguilars and a core of about 30-50 people who are very close and very welcoming. We go out of our way to help new people integrate into the guild, and some of them stay and become core members, if they like what they see.

Those people who choose to be part of the family are in fact part of the family. The idea that 50 people can’t be friends in an MMO is simply misguided.

I have a ton of friends on my guild and a few people I’m very close with. I’m not sure why you think you have to limit your guild to five to have friendships.

i disagree. im a leader of near 500 active large guild and a lot of ppl made friends in the guild. i think it really is just a matter of how sociable one person is. if person is not that sociable, he/she wont do well in a large guild, he/she might fit in better in a small or medium sized guild. i have seen people who joined on later date become more well-known or popular than people who joined before, the only difference between them is how sociable they are.

one of the problem in a large guild is that a lot of people will take things for granted, well, basically diffusion of responsibility is something common in a large guild. naturally, becoz of that social phenomenon, large guilds often have stricter rules and higher expectations. regardless, we are already level 20 guild, we ran out of favors at one point :O

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

shadow.6174

I’m sorry but you don’t need to be in a guild of 500 where no one cares to have and upgrade a guild hall. There’s a huge difference between 5 and 500. 50 is between those numbers and some of the closest knit groups I’ve been in have been 50 man guilds

Hmm, I think they were just being ironical about the previous posts... *shrugs*

i think it really is just a matter of how sociable one person is. if person is not that sociable, he/she wont do well in a large guild, he/she might fit in better in a small or medium sized guild. i have seen people who joined on later date become more well-known or popular than people who joined before, the only difference between them is how sociable they are.

Yup, the group size doesn’t matter that much in this case but it’s more about how people in it are.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Doctor.5068

Much of the complaining I’ve read is that small guilds which had -prior to the launch of Heart of Thorns- unlocked and were enjoying/sharing the benefits of having leveled their guilds have now had many of those features taken and locked behind the new guild hall system.

And that now, following the path of least resistance as many players do, some are jumping ship from smaller guilds to larger less personal guilds in order to continue receiving those benefits- thus gutting the smaller communities even further.

I don’t know about you, but where I come from that’s something worthy of complaining about as it has deprecated their efforts – gold, influence, hours/days played etc. I don’t know of any game, or activity in life for that matter, where people appreciate having their achievements and the monuments to those achievements destroyed in such an arbitrary fashion.

This isn’t about the poor man wanting what the rich man has. It’s about the poor man who’s worked hard for what he has, then having it taken. And what has been given in turn is something akin to this;

‘We never intended for you to have an even chance. Of course, you’ve put in the time and effort but that wasn’t our fault. You see, we’d explained but your intelligence is such that we should have explained better how sorry your lot in life actually is so that you could in turn understand and know your place. We’re sorry for your inadequacies, but that’s just how the cookie crumbles. Forthwith, we’re taking your accrued and ill-gotten benefits.

We know there will be a period of upheaval as your inferior intellects strain to comprehend the grandiosity of our new business model. Don’t worry. We’ll wait for you. Guild Wars Two isn’t going anywhere.

Finished reading? All done cogitating? Good!

Now, we aren’t utterly heartless. We know your prior efforts and expenditures, however misguided and misinformed, have benefited us in the past, and to mark that appreciation -if you’ll take a moment to come over here- you’ll see that we’ve added some new products to our company store(the benefits we’ve just taken from you) as a courtesy and convenience to you, our loyal citizenry!

It’s a rougher road, a longer path, but what fun is life without goals? Right?

So turn that frown upside down, campers! Dwelling in the past just gives you an unbecoming, frowny face. And nobody wants that, do they? Happy days are ahead! Now get out there and earn, earn, earn! That jungle won’t liberate itself!’

At best, it’s just another remarkably short sighted decision by Anet. At worst it’s a calculated and malicious attempt(as with the changes to dungeons and fractals) to take one more bit of personal agency away from a user experience that in the past was lauded for giving the players the freedom to pursue adventure and reward however they wished.

To say it even simpler; Guild Wars Two has devolved from

‘Have fun! Play how you want! It’s a big, wide gloriously beautiful world!’

to

‘Go where we say or don’t. It’s your choice.<shove> But, don’t make the ‘wrong’ one. And don’t cry to us after you do and we say that we told you so.’

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That was a sarcastic rejoinder to the OPs post where he said Let’s be honest in a large guild, if a person gets kicked not many people are gonna care. If its a higher up or an officer there may be some drama but people get over it.

(It’s also where the other poster’s comment about cesspool guilds is coming from)

Context Vayne, context.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

It’s not the resources needed to upgrade that’s the issue, it’s that many small guilds had unlocked everything and now face a lot of effort, grind and time just to get back to where they were 4 weeks ago.

Anet should have added stuff on for people to build in the GH, not taken stuff away and put most of it behind a time gated grind wall

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Please ArenaNet restore all 4xLv6 guilds or the small guilds will wither and disband and the game will be worse for it in the long term.

Our entire guild only amounted to Lv5 + 100 favor in the end.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I love having goals to slowly work towards as a guild, I really do. We worked hard for our MAXED out guild together and had fun together doing so.

Now we lost most of our abilities, need to re-earn them. But we can’t re-earn them just by playing any more since influence is gone. We need to actively farm junk to just get back to previous levels. That’s the problem. Its not whining about how hard it is (its not hard anyway, its just boring as snap), its a valid complaint that we’ve lost major progress. Large guilds are able to re-earn the stuff quick. Good for them, I am happy for them.
Us small guilds, we can’t earn it back quick. That is why we are upset. We (my guild) don’t want to earn guild halls and newest shinies as fast as large guilds, we don’t want you to nerf the levels or anything like that. We just want at least some of our most used abilities, or their new equivalent (since they just delete old abilities to give um a new name and changed usage [it’d be like requiring repurchase of commander tags because they added squad upgrades to it]), back. How hard is it to get that through people’s skulls? We want our building cheap siege that we’ve had for YEARS back, we want our buffs that we’ve kept up for YEARS back and yes we are impatient, but this is because we ALREADY HAD them for YEARS.
We want to earn our guild hall and features, butdeleting everyone’s progress and calling it “new” is complete bull. (we are very happy we still have all our bank upgrades, this is an example of good grandfathering)

(I capitalized some words to help bring them message across because I got sick of people posting this kind of bull all over the forums. Sorry for those who’s feelings are hurt by this, have a friendly face )

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

With how ANet has excluded all the small guilds from having Guild Halls, maybe they should do what Perfect World Entertainment does with their Guild Halls…

There are only X number of Guild Halls. Period.

Each one is different and the guild that currently owns (rents basically) one has to upkeep it EVERY DAY with an insane amount of gold. If you didn’t upkeep your “rent” your guild lost the hall and ALL the upgrades. If you wanted it back, you had to do it ALL over again.

Last I saw, Forsaken World had only 7 halls which meant only the 7 biggest guilds for each server had them.

We’ve only got 2 halls with a Mega Server. Let’s turn them into HUGE gold sinks and make the top 2 guilds pour tons of gold and mats into them. Even if ANet were to make it 2 halls per world, it would sink a ton of gold out of the economy.

Might even boost Gem sales since the biggest of the guilds would be willing to stoop low enough to make members break out their credit cards just to keep the hall or kick them from the guild.

Oh, the biggest guild that owned the most expensive Guild Hall in Forsaken World was named “Team VISA.” You know how they kept their Guild Hall.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

If that were true then they wouldn’t have made it a recommended minimum of 5 players to capture a guildhall now would they.

The old guild system was fine, you could be a bank guild, a family guild, a small group of friends guilds, a well tuned gvg guild, a massive zerg sized guild that only pve’s or only wvw’s, it did not matter, everyone had decent access to guilds and the upgrades, everyone could join whatever they wanted and be happy.

The heavy restrictions on guild halls now is because anet is trying to stretch content at the same time burn a lot of material out of game. If they really wanted a system to hold back guilds then use more of the time gating, not the insane material gathering which makes it much more difficult for every other type of small guild.

If the system doesn’t bother you then fine good for you, enjoy it. Doesn’t mean the system created was any good, and doesn’t mean it can’t use some tweaks to get better.

At the end of the day though, anet will not listen in regards to this, so this is all pointless.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.

It’s not the new system that’s the problem. It’s the fact that they took away any way for the individual to contribute as an individual.

A single player cannot really contribute on a regular basis in a meaningful way towards the main currency (favor). Everything favor related pretty much requires a group.

Previously, with influence, any player was able to contribute towards the guild they were representing simply by playing the game “their way”. This was done specifically so players didn’t feel forced into any specific mode of play. Yet this has been forgotten and taken away. Players must now participate in specific events, that guilds will host at specific times, that will be in the GUILDS preferred mode of play.

Good bye player diversity.

Guilds are supposed to be a united group of individual players, not a mindless hive mind mob. Yet they removed any aspect of the individual in guilds. The mix of individuals is what makes a guild what it is. Removing that removes the spirit of the guild, and makes being in a guild a job, instead of a joy.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

In a “cesspool” guild people wouldn’t contribute and they wouldn’t have a guild hall anyway. How about promoting the idea that more than five guys can be friends. I know I have at least 20-30 friends in my guild that I play with all the time. Today we got the guild hall, built the tavern and mine and got to level 10.

Doesn’t mean we’re a cesspool or that we don’t care about each other. I’m sorry to see you have such a cynical outlook on guilds.

When someone doesn’t post a quote, assume they’re replying to the origional post, not to you.

It was a direct response to

That doesn’t sound like a group in which all the people involved are friends. What they described, a large guild in which no one cares about each other, that people are joining because of the extrinsic incentives rather than because they enjoy the presence of the others in it is exactly what a cesspool guild is.

(edited by Eponet.4829)