Small question to arenanet.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thomson.3416

Thomson.3416

Hi

I was wondering if ’’Capes’’ are coming back in Guild Wars 2.

Some people say you guys are still working on it.

Some people say it is unfixable cause of clipping problems.

Is there anyone @ the Arenanet staff that can confirm this?

Thank you very much.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Nice question. I would like to know that aswell ^^

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The Charr are always pointed out “as the issue” but what’s the issue? Who said the Charr have to have the exact same cape as all the other races? I remember on guildwarsguru years ago(seriously like 2009 or something) we were all talking about capes in GW2 and someone made some concept art that was fantastic that included half capes, and sashes etc. They all had guild insignias on them, but there were a few different styles. Charr could wear something totally different and the other 4 races could wear capes and then the community here could flip out for 5 days and then it would be all good.

I mean, as a discussion point, how would the community feel about 4 races getting capes and Charr getting like a half cape, sash, or guild broach or something like that?

Also, does anyone else remember that guild cape thread on guru? The art in it was legit.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I can live with my chart wearing a slightly different cape then other races. As long if it looks bad#ss right ^^?

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Isn’t there guild insignia armor, and banners, and shields/weapons already? I mean, I get they’re not capes and must be purchased but . . . how much of this stuff do we really need? I still have my “Guild Protector” stashed somewhere, when it dropped during a world boss.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Ofcourse we need capes. And yes, guild banners, armor, shield, weapons, its all there but its ugly. I want to look like a true hero with an cape. Not like an random messenger boy.

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I LOVE IT!. It will never happen. They havent even talked about it seriously for the two years since release… Betting its more work than theyre willing to put into it.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I wouldn’t like capes for GW2. I just dislike how they look, and even without discussing “issues” concerning the Charr, they wouldn’t suit Charr anyway. They’re a race of efficient and rational soldiers who prioritise functionality over aesthetics. I don’t think any Charr alive would wear a cumbersome piece of cloth that has no functional value.

Nightingale.9714

I wouldn’t like capes for GW2. I just dislike how they look, and even without discussing “issues” concerning the Charr, they wouldn’t suit Charr anyway. They’re a race of efficient and rational soldiers who prioritise functionality over aesthetics. I don’t think any Charr alive would wear a cumbersome piece of cloth that has no functional value.

I guarantee that there’s a cape design out there somewhere that you would like. on humans OR charr. And I’d say a lot of people dont care more about keeping in line with charr racial policies as opposed to a shiny piece of cloth down the back to make them look cool.

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Think again.
What about this picture of a Charr with human blond hair?
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-charr-male-hairstyle-2.jpg
If you see those silly human haircuts on a charr, trust me – a cape is nothing.

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Nightingale.9714

Think again.
What about this picture of a Charr with human blond hair?
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gw2-charr-male-hairstyle-2.jpg
If you see those silly human haircuts on a charr, trust me – a cape is nothing.

Also this ^