Small usability update

Small usability update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

Why aren’t compact & deposit all materials buttons in the inventory panel beside the gear? There’s space there for it, and they’re a one click -> result action.

https://twitter.com/simmonli/status/631845230149419008

[edit] they should be separate buttons, guess I’m not super clear.

(edited by Jacobbs.9468)

Small usability update

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Interestingly enough, some people use deposit, but don’t use compact. So having them combined would kitten some people off. Not me, since I do typically hit one and then the other when I’m cleaning inventory (unless I’m sorting), but I have seen / do know people that don’t use both options intentionally.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Small usability update

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I only ever use Compact on accident.
I hate it, I like my bags organized my way.
I do use deposit, on and off, as sometimes when farming I want to see things accumulating so I get a sense of how efficient it is.

Would love to have it be an option next to the gear though.
#onelessclick

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Small usability update

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ll add a, “No!” to combining the functions. I do not want to compact my bags when I deposit. I think I’ve only ever used compact once.

Small usability update

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I never use compact and hate it. I don’t want them combine.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Small usability update

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

To be fair I don’t think he was suggesting combining them, mere suggesting that each one could be single click to use instead of two for each.
And there’s totally space for two buttons besides the gear.
Or even replace the gear with a small row of all those options.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Small usability update

Jacobbs.9468

Interestingly enough, some people use deposit, but don’t use compact. So having them combined would kitten some people off. Not me, since I do typically hit one and then the other when I’m cleaning inventory (unless I’m sorting), but I have seen / do know people that don’t use both options intentionally.

They should be separate buttons, there’s room up there.

Small usability update

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wasn’t positive that was what you were going for. I suppose I’m fine with that, although I don’t really care about the extra click personally.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Small usability update

Jacobbs.9468

Wasn’t positive that was what you were going for. I suppose I’m fine with that, although I don’t really care about the extra click personally.

Yea it’s not a fuss over all, but it is an “extra” click.

Small usability update

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I would complain. I like to leave a bag open at the top so drops will go there rather than getting mixed with my normal gear. I also put certain things in certain bags (exotics not currently equipped here, everything else there) and do not want any holes because something got used up (like a salvage kit) automatically filled for me. I NEVER use compact. If people want to add it as an option, fine, but still allow me to deposit all my mats without automatically compacting.

Small usability update

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

+1 for not compacting, my bags are stowed exactly as I like them to be. Non consumables in one bag (spare armour & gizmos), buffs/boosters in one bag along with spare farming tools. Salvage kits, common use buffs & halo in another bag. Upper few bags empty for stuff I pick up that then needs sorting.

If it auto compacted that’d be horrendous.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Small usability update

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I think people are skipping half the thread where OP said he did not mean combining the two functions, he meant putting in a separate button on the panel of the inventory window.

+1 to a depositing materials button on the side panel. There’s so many QoL changes like this that could make this game a helluva lot better.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Small usability update

Posted by: Miliko.5480

Miliko.5480

It’s probably there intended to reduce accidental deposits. It’s an irreversible mistake when you’re out in the open and deposit things you didn’t wanna deposit, in the sense of losing track of how much you deposited and how much was already there, and in the sense of having to interrupt whatever you’re doing to go near a bank.

Small usability update

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

It’s probably there intended to reduce accidental deposits. It’s an irreversible mistake when you’re out in the open and deposit things you didn’t wanna deposit, in the sense of losing track of how much you deposited and how much was already there, and in the sense of having to interrupt whatever you’re doing to go near a bank.

Yet if it was on the side of the inventory window, or in a new panel for the inventory, it wouldn’t be difficult to keep the cursor away from that button.

I also see your example as an extremely trivial situation. If one wanted to check how many <x>’s they had earned all they would need to do is hit “i”, look, then hit “i” again to close it.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”