Smart thing to do to raise sales.

Smart thing to do to raise sales.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I just saw the thread about new LA being awesome, and well, since current marketing is not going too well for a-net, here’s a friendly hint how to get this thing done right:

The new LA if it is as good as you say is a nice, small step to boost HoT sales – it shows your capability for creating interesting and new pve maps, a display of your current skill.

Now the big smart thing you should do is open beta tests of HoT PvE zones with specializations.
Think about it – majority of “I’m not pre-purchasing HoT” crowd asides from dissatisfied vets, are the very large group of “I’ve seen to little to belive it’s worth it’s price”. Now if i was running things, I’d do my darnest to ensure that it’s this group of ppl that gets to ride on in into beta so they can see, believe and awe at what’s coming. Little sells better then a try out of the future game!

And seeing how…“hot” you are for raking some money in here and now…i would definitely consider it if I were you.

Also i would make that slot for vets a feature of all HoT packages, no pre-purchase conditions attached.

Remember where you stand what what you ask – pre-purchase is a very one sided deal in your favor, a-net. If you want to get such deal done you need to put your customers in a really good mood, and build strong player confidence in the quality of your product.

And not try to go for backdoor cashgrabs.