Snowball Mayhem

Snowball Mayhem

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Such a shame it’s only available for a few weeks every year.

It’s by far the most fun pvp in the game – better than normal pvp. Wish we could access it all year round (change the rewards from Gifts to something else when not Wintersday).

Snowball Mayhem

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I very much agree, however I feel it’s fun mainly because people go in to it with the attitude to just have fun, as there’s no pressure to win or whatever.

In PvP, it’s always stressful because there’s always the pressure to win rather than have fun, and you always have people tryharding and making things even more stressful

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Snowball Mayhem

Posted by: Jasiri.9807

Jasiri.9807

1. Unbalanced teams when you hop into a match, still persists during next match.
2. Complete match blowouts (17-500)
3. Your team carrying the objective to the opposing team.

No thanks, this activity can leave when Wintersday is over with.

19 Charr, 2 Asura, 2 Norn, 1 Sylvari, no boring humans EVER!

Snowball Mayhem

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

1. Unbalanced teams when you hop into a match, still persists during next match.

I can see 3 happening if it is the daily … just getting it over with.

Snowball Mayhem

Posted by: Falco Peregrinus.3465

Falco Peregrinus.3465

AND although it should imho be a balanced = equal terms game, I see, especially later in the evening, too many players:
- Running much faster than others (without swiftness ofcourse)
- Walking through snowballs ->??
- Having a longer reach with their snowballs, while using the same type of weapon ->??

Which is a big spoiler, but hey, why play with equal guns if you can play with a bigger one and tell all your friends you raided the snowball mayhem….

Snowball Mayhem

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

This activity is amazingly fun tbh. I’d do it all the time if it was a regular activity with decent rewards.

Snowball Mayhem

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I very much agree, however I feel it’s fun mainly because people go in to it with the attitude to just have fun, as there’s no pressure to win or whatever.

Unless it’s in daily. Then you see all of the usual flames flying around. And it stops being fun.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Snowball Mayhem

Posted by: CedarDog.9723

CedarDog.9723

1) I only do it for the dailies, and…
2) Not really fun when half the teams you’re on suck (not the losing team all the time, but a majority of it), especially since…
3) The losing teams are often filled with mentally challenged non-team players, plus…
4) You have to win, to complete the dailies so…
5) It’s a waste of time better spent on the jumping puzzle or bell choir.

Unless they make it so participation regardless of win is a completion of the daily achievement, then that’d take the pressure off and I wouldn’t have to leave a map where I’m in a team that’s obviously going to lose.

(edited by CedarDog.9723)