Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LazySummer.2568

LazySummer.2568

Hi Anet, just wanted to let you know that you might have made one of the shorter fractals like x10 longer than the old cliffside thanks to 1 million hp Legendary Lornarr keep wasting time by hiding from us and laughing at our weakness like every 30s.

On top of that there’s also the overpowered ice elementals that just all stack with each other whenever the blizzard teleportation occurs and those stacked elementals will just instant down->dead you if you are unlucky enough to teleport near them and cant see. I don’t even think it’s possible to beat that kitten without having perma reflect like revenants

(Maybe you should play test your stuff at least once before releasing them)

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Hi Anet, just wanted to let you know that you might have made one of the shorter fractals like x10 longer than the old cliffside thanks to 1 million hp Legendary Lornarr

1 million? more like 3,5 million.
Challenging content i guess \0/

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

The only problem I see with t4 snowblind is the stacking ice elementals during the elemental source encounter, kind of tiring when there’s 3 or 4 of them on top of eachother one shotting stuff.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

LazySummer.2568

The only problem I see with t4 snowblind is the stacking ice elementals during the elemental source encounter, kind of tiring when there’s 3 or 4 of them on top of eachother one shotting stuff.

dont tell me you think it’s ok for Legendary Epic Troll Shaman Lornarr to force you to watch him LOL at you for 10000 times while he tries to drop his useless ice bombs at you that’ll never hit if you’re at least paying a little bit of attention

(edited by LazySummer.2568)

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

make the ice spikes drop randomly instead of in a predefined pattern. or make the pattern harder to dodge
also make him hit a lot harder and attack more frequently
and give him a little less health scaling

The ice elementals themselves are fine. Just use reflects.
just did it pretty painlessly a bit ago with me on ele with 4 AoE magnetic auras, and 2 AoE pulsing blinds, and our thief took smokescreen and shadow refuge for good measure

the only problem is the randomized teleport splitting up the group, so if you’re unlucky, someone can die before you regroup

(edited by reikken.4961)

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

So I solo the final boss for a bit while waiting for my lfg to fill. I notice that if you can successfully break his defiance bar, he will take longer on the ground before teleporting. Ifyou get hit by any of his attack, you receive stacks of frostbite rebuff that deals increasing damage over time by numbers of stacks and reduction of your personal healing and reduction of your DAMAGE ON THE BOSS. If the boss feels too tank/more HP sponge for you? This would be the main reason. Try not to mindlessly stacking on the boss or spread his icy breath to the whole party.

Also, more tips can be found in gw 2dungeons.net.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

If my pug is struggling with the ice elemental I just go yolo mode bringing in my cleric heal guard with tons of defense, so my kitten feel warm and healthy at all times. You don’t need AR there so it’s possible to bring whatever char you like.
But I agree on the hp of Lornarr, it’s a bit annoying.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

The snowblind boss has been one of the worse fotm bosses for a long time. He’s not hard at all but he certainly is boring and frustrating. I wouldn’t really compare this to old cliffside, because there a lot of the issue was that the arm seals were difficult and it took forever because you kept failing there, especially with a less experienced group. Sure it was dumb that you fought the boss twice but other than that it wasn’t bad with an experienced group. Snowblind boss you have very little chance of wiping even at t4, but even with a high DPS group he takes forever. Anet said they would be looking at revamping some of the fotm encounters just like archdiviner, and I would imagine this one is on the list.

As for the ice elementals, you just have to try to keep them clear at higher scales. Try to pull them together and cleave them down to keep their numbers in check. If there aren’t any alive at the start of the teleportation attack they’re not going to kill you because they don’t actually all spawn in one place. I don’t think there is any problem with the elemental source fight.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

the only problem is the randomized teleport splitting up the group, so if you’re unlucky, someone can die before you regroup

I was able to dodge the teleport unless it just ported me next to the ice elemental where I already was.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I end up so frustated that I told my pug how to cheese it.
Shame on me… I guess.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Make Lornarr not teleport up during the ice spikes anymore so that you can DPS him while they fall down; gives you the option to either pull him out of the aoes/play safe or just keep bashing his face in while dodging.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yeah lornar is a ridiculous sack of hp at t4.

no the ele spawns arent the problem with the ice ele, its the kitten swirler and the fact we cant kill it any more.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I hate trying to use magnet to pull eles and you find out 2-3 are just chilling there having drinks. Can they spawn next to each other?

Otherwise it’s pretty easy, just roll engi, blind things, cc things together, profit.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I think there should be a cast animation before he teleports up top with a break bar. Break the bar, no teleport.

Making it interruptable in that manner would reward skillful play with faster clears, and encourage beople to use CC more strategically rather than just blowing it to get extra damage since he’s always vulnerable to breaks.

It would also be good if you couldn’t just hit frozen people to break them out, but in stead had to get some sort of bundle/torch. As it is the freeze stacks mechanic is almost totally ignorable.

Also, what’s up with the forest section? It’s just a bunch of easily skippable mobs for no apperant reason. Either give people a reason to fight those mobs (maybe they drop stuff you need to open the cave?), or remove the pointless running section.

Here’s hoping for a real boss rework!

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You actually can break bar him before he teleports up, the window is just incredibly small and most people will only accidentally do it.

We broke him just before he went up top, the ice spikes still fell but he was stunned in the middle of the room for us to DPS.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You actually can break bar him before he teleports up, the window is just incredibly small and most people will only accidentally do it.

We broke him just before he went up top, the ice spikes still fell but he was stunned in the middle of the room for us to DPS.

Woah, game changer.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Honestly the boss has too many hp.

It’s really boring, not hard, just boring and long.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

I miss the days when you could kill the top part of the Elemental kitten Source and stop it from doing that knockback with swirling winds animation. Made the entire encounter a bit less annoying when you weren’t having to dodge two knockbacks that it spammed at you. You just had to deal with the one >_>

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Having to dodge is a horrible thing.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Asami.3572

When you have the instability that reduces your endurance regen on top of how often those knockbacks are spammed, yes.

BG

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

When you have the instability that reduces your endurance regen on top of how often those knockbacks are spammed, yes.

You know you can blind those attacks by inflicting blind on the source?

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Asami.3572

You know you can blind those attacks by inflicting blind on the source?

I actually didn’t know that. Thank you for the tip Recently got back into fractals after a hiatus from them when the rewards were all wonky.

BG

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Make Lornarr not teleport up during the ice spikes anymore so that you can DPS him while they fall down; gives you the option to either pull him out of the aoes/play safe or just keep bashing his face in while dodging.

This is actually a great idea. You could keep him immune to damage at that point and have his breakbar activate. Breaking the bar would then end the skill and make him take regular damage again.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

This is actually a great idea. You could keep him immune to damage at that point and have his breakbar activate. Breaking the bar would then end the skill and make him take regular damage again.

I think it’s a cool idea as well but the idea of making a really easy fight even easier seems bad…I dunno, that fight just needs an overhaul in general so that he has more attacks/mechanics and ones are actually threatening and/or difficult to deal with.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

I have to say that after I started raiding my rotations/builds have improved drastically so t4 fractals aren’t a problem now

So if you’re having a lot of trouble you want to look up raid builds and try those out. Check out qT benchmarks on reddit, go into that golem test room check your dps.

For snowblind good party comp is important (I run dragon hunter for the icy part for reclects /pulls) and I think for end boss if you have a condi Viper class fully geared you’ll kill him much faster than if you bring all power classes

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Asgard Ragna.8165

Asgard Ragna.8165

Funny, how all these Threads pop-up now AFTER the fractals were made easier, not before.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I have to say that after I started raiding my rotations/builds have improved drastically so t4 fractals aren’t a problem now

So if you’re having a lot of trouble you want to look up raid builds and try those out. Check out qT benchmarks on reddit, go into that golem test room check your dps.

For snowblind good party comp is important (I run dragon hunter for the icy part for reclects /pulls) and I think for end boss if you have a condi Viper class fully geared you’ll kill him much faster than if you bring all power classes

Problem isn’t really my own stuff though. I pugged T4 snowblind yesterday we had a p/p thief with 4 signets. I didn’t want to be a filthy elitist and kick but we wiped for 25 minutes on the first bit and yeah :/. Once we took another dude who wasn’t totally trash we cleared it easily.

Most people seem to have the swamps of the mists mindset and refuse to do anything that improves their game play or change their build. I asked people to food up/ oil up and take some utils for projectile block but the thief just ignored me and kept his 4 signet p/p =_=

/salt

edit: Oh and the final fight is easy it’s just super freakin long/boring because he has a lot of health. Reworking it to make it harder and not just HP sponging would be nice

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Take 3 necros and a druid + 1 random and just epidemic down everything after each phase regroup. Nobody dies and elementals just melt from condi stacks. I almost want them to buff the difficulty because stuff just dies too quicky if you stack condi classes. If you take a condi stack for tier 4, every level becomes almost face-roll easy. Try different things instead of the berserker meta and you will be surprised.

At tier 4, condi > power builds because fights just last longer and condi dps does not drop off as oppose to power builds. Necro stack and a druid + 1 random is probably the meta for fractals because this build kills 100 Mai Trin in like 8 minutes. My guild runs this setup a lot and we also use a venom share DD, and we finish all T4 dailies in like 20 minutes or less.

Please use your brains and identify what is not working and try to fix it instead of complaining for no reason. For every thing you find difficult, there are smart people who already figured out a solution. If you have any experience in raid wing 2, you probably already can figure out that necro + condi stack is the way to go for tier 4.

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

If you have a auramancer healer with earth/water/tempest branch, you can do it easily.

Auras gives you 40% damage reduction & heal for the whole team. Then you can use Aftershock! and earth skill 4 with warhorn + F4 to reflect damage during elemental phases.

This Auramancer build is not damage oriented even if you can do still “fine” switching to lightning. But you can still switch to staff and fire/lightning/tempest damage build whenever you want if a healer is not needed. I play this build during high level frac when I don’t see any healer or if the team need one.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Funny, how all these Threads pop-up now AFTER the fractals were made easier, not before.

“all these”? snowblind has been complained about since they moved the swirlers hit box. what else are you referring to? none of these problems are new, but now people arent just doing swamps of the mists so the old complaints are resurfacing.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Snowblind is manageable when PuG’s aren’t doing their kittened suicide rush and actually bother to try to not aggro extra elementals and run behind shacks and kill whatever they aggro.

I’m also seeing this idiotic behavior with Archdiviner, where they hit the seal and just leave the other 3 chanters up and then wonder why people are going down as the ignored chanters pelt people for half their life.

It must be so hard to target switch and deal with peripheral encounter mechanisms instead of just tunneling damage into the boss.

My only complaint is with afflicted instability 5 confusion stacks wiping out my dagger ele’s health within the second it takes me to see it on the UI. Confusion feels just brutal on a class with multiple actions per minute like dagger ele, I wish its damage proc was normalized across weapons instead of wrecking thieves and eles while doing little to hammer guardians and greatsword users.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I really hope that anet gonna rework snowblind, molten furnace and ai of the molten firestorm in the next fractal patch.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Problem isn’t really my own stuff though. I pugged T4 snowblind yesterday we had a p/p thief with 4 signets. I didn’t want to be a filthy elitist and kick but we wiped for 25 minutes on the first bit and yeah :/. Once we took another dude who wasn’t totally trash we cleared it easily.

Most people seem to have the swamps of the mists mindset and refuse to do anything that improves their game play or change their build. I asked people to food up/ oil up and take some utils for projectile block but the thief just ignored me and kept his 4 signet p/p =_=

/salt

edit: Oh and the final fight is easy it’s just super freakin long/boring because he has a lot of health. Reworking it to make it harder and not just HP sponging would be nice

Since the selectable maps vs 4 random were introduced, the general skill lvl in fractals dropped a lot, and nobody played dungeons when gold was nerfed so people had no need to improve.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

Actually I think it wasn’t the actual ice spike phase (which follows a fixed pattern) you were looking at, just the random ice spikes in the later phases. These usually appear when he is still on the ground so he would’ve stayed down whether you broke his bar or not. I’ve seen his bar break and him still teleporting up staight away.

Snowblind Tier 4 lol

LazySummer.2568

Actually I think it wasn’t the actual ice spike phase (which follows a fixed pattern) you were looking at, just the random ice spikes in the later phases. These usually appear when he is still on the ground so he would’ve stayed down whether you broke his bar or not. I’ve seen his bar break and him still teleporting up staight away.

I think Shiren referring to the exact timing window where you break Lonarr’s bar the very split second he actually teleports up, there will be some sort of “glitch” where instead of showing the animation and running the process to teleport Lonarr up, the game runs the stunned animation and it overrides the teleportation process. I’ve only seen it happened once in my entire gw2 lifetime