So, BS Thief not overpowered in WvWvW?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aksamitna.9680

Aksamitna.9680

I really don’t know is it op, or is it just boring, nor do I care. For me it’s just a major design flaw made by devs. They probably didn’t even realise it is possible to play that way and this if for me some kind of exploit due to lack of imagination from devs. In my opinion such playstyle is not fun for the person playing the thief, nor for the people insta killed from nowhere and just shall not be possible in this game.

Second To [None] – Polska Gildia GW2 – Blacktide
http://SecondToNone.pl

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

I like thieves and I agree they are not OP. I came across a thief last night in the EB JP. 1v1 he ate my face because he was invisible. I am not very experienced in PvP so I didn’t see it coming…. 2 shots and dead (me)! I rez and come back in and find the same thief hiding behind the pillar (I think he was out of initiative cuz no stealth). This time he didn’t see me. I blink in throw up clones and within 3 – 5 hits I’m dancing on his corpse. I’m not even that good with a Mes. Anyway the proof is in the pudding…… Zerg mentality kills, think and be aware and they are not hard to deal with. For the record I do have a level 19 thief. He got to 19 by mapping LA and some other capital cities and maxing Leather working. No nerf needed…. move along… move along!

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Posted by: RageQuit.5687

RageQuit.5687

I’ll bite. Only because I’m bored as kitten..

Obvious troll is obvious.
See my comments below in bold. Just for giggles.

inb4 anything. Got into a 1v1 with a GC thief whilst on my guardian. Fumbled his opener (because it’s so friggin’ obvious) And he was dead in under a minute. L2p brah..

No no, it should be labelled “Thief is OP.”

A lvl 1 thief with the white starting dagger can hit for 1k, could you do that on a mesmer? a warrior ?

Pics or didn’t happen

a lvl 80 with a balanced build will find it hard to hit for 1k+ ( i said balanced build morons, look it up … yeah I had to repeat myself because I am well aware of the general IQ of this game’s population )

Again, this statement is false. I run a balanced guardian, T/P is near identical and I hit 2-3k. Are you pulling these statements out of your ar5e?

How much does a lvl 80 thief hit for ? Surely anything below 4k is shameful by thief standards right ? “Oh but they’re glass cannon builds” yeah warriors used to have that luxury of glass cannon and greatswords, but Arena Net nerfed them into the dust. Not the thief though, oh no, you don’t mess with thief class unless you wanna get banned, or have your posts in the forums deleted like Arena net has / does.

Pure GC thief will hit about 10-14k combined on his opener, crit dmg and chance notwithstanding.
That’s three hits on a D/D. Anything not made of paper can recover from this unless he puts basilisk venom on. Skill 1 on D/D is anywhere from 400 to 1k dmg, crits land about 2-3k per hit. HS at 1/4 hp will spam 4-6k per hit rounded. FYI S/P thieves will do better as they can spam pistol whip and land about 6-7k per use. If you freeze up during this, you’re dead.

I think players who are not playing thieves perceive them as this unstoppable force.
I look the same way at mesmers to be honest. I never rolled one, and the thing’s some people can pull off with one leave my char on the floor more often than not. So what?
Fight enough thieves, or whatever class, and you will eventually know the most popular moves used against opponents, and will be able to get an edge in the fight.

It’s this imbecilic argument we see over and over – someone gets repeatedly killed by a certain class, they think – “Well I’m surely the best player in GW2, and I’ve just had my butt handed to me time and time again, despite the fact that I spammed 1/2 really hard!! Surely this means this class I lost to is overpowered”. Complaints and flamewars ensue.

Someone above mentioned that the thief lacks utility skills. And I must agree, I’d gladly agree to a dip in my thieve’s damage if it meant I could have those as a trade-off.

The great thing about playing a thief is the do or die moment where you either finish your target quick, or die if you don’t. Simple. And conversely for the “victim” it’s those crucial seconds that count – avoid the opener or subsequent pistol whips and kill the thief or freeze and die.

(edited by RageQuit.5687)

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Video is old and is pre trinket nerf, he is killing under leveled and light armor targets. He is doing in 3 hits what bulls rush/100 blades can do or kill shot or judge intervention/ whirling wraith or etc etc etc can do. The biggest difference between the other things I listed and a BS thief? Only kill shot is single target the other attacks can hit multiple targets.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

There is already a dedicated thread about the thief here: The thief and its game-play – Your feedback

Therefore, this one is now closed to avoid duplicates. Thank you for your understanding.