So...Divinity's Reach

So...Divinity's Reach

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

On a separate issue, when are they going to fix the bumps on Grenth High Road? It’s a trip hazard!!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

One the walls of Divinity Reach there are buildings, I would like visit them all and jump and see how npc are able to live there.

Buildings on the wall, even if it is taking advantage of every free space to make houses, it is a little to far. Maybe centaurs haven’t trebuchets able to hit them, but any other race with fly transport will dmg/kill many only due to range shooting that what is on the wall. Airships or lesser dragons or flying cube, whatever DS going fall.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

They can destroy it when an expansion takes us into the Crystal Desert. Then the humans can migrate back to Ebonhawke.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

I’m genuinely curious (and glad to see something besides all the over-entitled QQ about the expansion…) Where and what do you think this impending doom over Divinity’s Reach is going to be?

So again, I’m curious… Where do you think this impending doom for Divinity’s Reach is coming from?

The Flame Legion

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

One the walls of Divinity Reach there are buildings, I would like visit them all and jump and see how npc are able to live there.

Buildings on the wall, even if it is taking advantage of every free space to make houses, it is a little to far. Maybe centaurs haven’t trebuchets able to hit them, but any other race with fly transport will dmg/kill many only due to range shooting that what is on the wall. Airships or lesser dragons or flying cube, whatever DS going fall.

They’re decorative only.

You can climb up on the pavilion eagle near the back, and get close to the houses behind it, to get a good sense of scale. There’s a few places where you can jump down next to a few, as well. They’re all really just big dollhouses.

(Yes, I know they’re supposed to be real, and just far away. But I like the idea of the walls being decorated with dollhouses to make it seem like the city is huge.)

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Lambo.1405

Lambo.1405

I’m really not of fan of Divinity Reach, I say burn it to the ground, bulldoze it, and burn it again for good measure.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Humans, bah. Raze DR or give it to the Charr.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I would like to see riots in Divinity’s Reach.

This is a perfect city for that. These little corners, tight streets and various city sections are just perfect for setting up barricades and burning witches.

I might have played a little too long in Novigrad, tho.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I like Divinity’s Reach too. In fact I wish it were the main city instead of LA. Its a much nicer city.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I just want to explore the great collapse. I still want to know what happened with that.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

But if it’s destroyed how will the Queen transverse it without shoes?

Logan will carry her. Because reasons.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I love this city.

when will it be destroyed?

Is that a request?

It is indeed. Let me go ahead and give you the start up for this. DR gets swarmed by a mysterious force. Total annihilation. No survivors, not even the queen. When I say no survivors I mean no survivors. Not even a hint that the queen is alive. I want the queen to receive the Belinda Delaqua treatment, and by that I mean her corpse hanging out for everyone to see, not comes back as a spirit infused GS. From the smoke and ash this mysterious enemy reveals themselves. It is………the QUAGGEN.

Cut to promo. New GW2 expansion.

Guild Wars 2 : Age of the Quaggen

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I see the dam breaking and queensdale flooded

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Honestly, unless someone on Tyria has invented the toilet I would NOT want to live there. Everyone stacked on top of each other, can you imagine the mess?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

I do not hate humans, in fact I like them very much as a race. But I am still eagerly awaiting the day when doom comes to DR. I don’t want it razed to the ground, but… I am fully convinced that someday Destroyers will come pouring out of the Crown Pavilion. NPCs were always talking about sounds down in the Great Collapse, and what do we know live under Kryta? Destroyers, yes. Not to mention, I’m still annoyed with Jennah for claiming a whole district of the city for her amusement. She and her people delved too deep and too greedily, and I want to see them pay for it. DR is sitting on a powder keg in more ways than one.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Rata Sum could go with a decent repulsor field failure so it crashes into the jungle. Have Mordremoth suck up all the mana/magic from the power grid going there. That will be enough.

I never understood why the Asura don’t have combat technology that matches their computer tech.
Holographic displays,
Robots (golems), and..

I’m fighting with bows and arrows and swords instead of laser guns. I didn’t build a 50 meter tall mechanized dragon to fight the other dragons with (or to parade around queensdale blasting ACDC’s “Thunderstruck”) in my lab. My valet golem isn’t even near Jarvis level AI.

I wouldn’t believe the Asura have the capacity to destroy divinity’s reach as they have a massive lack of vision toward military technology. Even the Inquest lacks the vision (I wish i could have joined them).

Little red Lioka

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Well, if they could destroy just a part * cough * Queen’s room * cough *

But don’t kill too many people… * cough * Jennah and her poodle in armor * cough *

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

By the six, what have I done?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Divinity’s Reach would make a really interesting WvW map.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Bobby is clearly a charr player.

You took our Ascalon…you’ll never take our Divinity!!

Guilty as charged. I main a charr ele.

Don’t you mean “guilty as charrged”. ?

I’ll see myself out…

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

I’m all for the destruction of Divinity’s Reach, especially if Queen Jenna dies in the process

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

If thats needed to make DR a better city and finally filled with all the promised content, that should have been there from Game Release Day, then so be it …

If it requires in this game to destroy and rebuild towns to get something done and improved in towns in regard of adding content, like finally adding Bar Brawls and their Achievements that were once in the game back to it, like finally adding Target Shooting and making Towns finally to these living places, that players want to permanently visit and return too …

man… GO AHEAD

destroy that BS, make a total devastation there and let Mordremoths huge vines ravage there and turn Divinities Reach into a fortress of spiky gigantous vies full of mordrem… so that we have to claim it back and rebuild it so, so that Divinity Reach sees finally and the content and improvements, it should have had from begin on, if Guild Wars 2 wouldn’t have been rushed out for a 2012 release to the shelves!!

What helps us a nice looking town, when it provides absolutely nothign from its content, that has been announced to be there and that EVEN 3 YEARS STILL AFTER RELEASE???

Make out out DR the Phoenix, that rises out of its ashes and returns in a much better way. If Destruction is for Towns in GW2 the only way to improve towns, Mordremoth overwhelming DR now, where the Pact Forces got annihilated by him, would be the best opportunity and time to give us another serious crush to force all the remaining humen forces to remember themselves on the good old times of guilds and flee in masses to the new Lions arch and join the Guild Innitiative there to strike back Mordremoth and get revenge for DR’s destruction and the many deaths that came with it…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Pfft. Anyone who tries attacking Divinity’s Reach will provoke the never-ending wrath of our glorious Unseen gods.

Come and try, mortals. I, for one, welcome the return of our Mursaat overlords.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Destroy the most beautiful city ever created in a mmorpg? But…but…but thats madness!

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Divinity’s Reach would make a really interesting WvW map.

It really would.

There’s just something about it that screams “fight in me!” I love its design- it’s probably my favorite map completion in the game- but a large scale battle or every-person-for-themselves-brawl with tons of collateral damage would be awesome.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Don’t let it be destroyed. Look how long it took to rebuild LA! And that place was mostly wood!

Yeah well,you must remember that over half of the workers were slacking off,either;
A) Not using any hammer or any sort of tool
B)Fixing already fixed things,possibly destroying them again

They were also working non-stop since they were hired,thus decreasing productivity on a very large scale. Did they even get paid for the overtime?

I’d like a talk with the construction company in charge of this re-building.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Why not destroy Rata Sum then? Or the Black Citadel even?

Ah, because nobody would even notice, got it.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

I just want to explore the great collapse. I still want to know what happened with that.

I think it was a rushed design on Anets part. The reason it’s a giant sink hole there is because it was originally designed to be the Canthan quarter,eastern inspired. But China and some few more didn’t like that. So Anet changed it into this sink hole. I don’t think they have any story ready for it.

But there’s always the possibility of creating one…..

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I think it was a rushed design on Anets part. The reason it’s a giant sink hole there is because it was originally designed to be the Canthan quarter,eastern inspired. But China and some few more didn’t like that. So Anet changed it into this sink hole. I don’t think they have any story ready for it.

But there’s always the possibility of creating one…..

One day weird seismic activity is reported. A team (our heroes) investigates and finds out that destroyers have made their way to the sink hole and are crawling up towards Divinity’s Reach.
The seraph and ministry guard and every able-bodied person in DR is mobilized to stop the incoming hordes.
But sadly, the destroyers keep coming thus the city is forced to build a network of defensive structures in the caves below the sink hole.
Occasionally (every week or even daily?) a new great destroyer appears in these tunnels and guilds can take up the challenge to go and slay this beast triggering a daily reward chest full of goodies and other exciting things. During their excursions they could find hidden sources of Primordus’ power that they could tap into.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I only like Divinity’s Reach because the bank, TP and merchant are so conveniently close to each other. Tell me I’m not the only one, right.. right?

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Where is the impending doom to Divinity’s Reach coming from, you ask?? How quickly we forget! Two words:

White Mantle

They’re out there. They’re crazy. They’ve been plotting revenge for a couple of hundred years. They’re closer than you think.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

I see the dam breaking and queensdale flooded

Water content incoming:) Best way to re-introduce it.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Divinity’s Reach will be destroyed. The asura do it.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Split_Second

A bit off topic, but thank you for reminding me of this story bit. (best asura one imo)
This little bit of lore means that if Arena goes through all the dragons, they can introduce a steam elder dragon!

on topic
I agree, if we get yet another city attacked shortly (like in the same year) after LA just got done rebuilding, it would seem as canned as those “shocking moments” Call of Duty does ever since Modern Warfare. I would say however that if it can be presented in a way that is appropriate, it would be a good way to introduce us to the second expansion.

So...Divinity's Reach

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

To OP: That’s an odd sentiment for me to conjure. I’m a roleplayer on Tarnished Coast, and I can’t wait for DR to be destroyed. I saw we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server