So Do Existing customers get a free upgrade?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: veritech.1048

veritech.1048

It’s fairly obvious that none of you have ever worked retail, or left your houses to buy something IRL.

Most companies do offer price guarantee as long as it’s within a reasonable amount of time.

The sheer amount of ignorance on these forums is appalling.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

And as a loyal customer, you have been given a halloween event for free, and a lost shores event for free. Lost shores has even added new content to your game for free.

You now have a new dungeon and new zone and new gears.

You are welcome. Deluxe upgrade is for new accounts.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

Well let’s see.
My ISP is giving me 1 extra IPTV package for free and has boosted my speed from entry level to 1 above, also for free, for being a loyal customer. I can’t say they don’t have special offers for new people joining the club that don’t apply to me as well, but hey, us “loyal customers” get sth also so we don’t complain.
My bank is giving me discount on certain services and better credit and saving interest cause I’m a long time member.
My car insurance is giving me a discount as a long time user.
My mobile provider is giving me bigger discount on buying a mobile phone cause i’m a loyal customer.
I could go on. in any case they do have offers to new users/members/whatever that don’t extend to us “loyal customers” BUT we, the “loyal customers” are not left behind and do have many benefits of being LOYAL.
Now, as for GW1, I’ve bought 2 accounts. I’ve lost the login information during the years for my first account and then I bought the edition that had all of the games in it (some black box edition, forgot the name). I’ve been among the first people who bought the game in my local store (it was preorder and i’ve been waiting for the box with beta key and game key to arrive for a few weeks) so I consider myself a “loyal customer”. The only thing I got was beta access (many people got it for free) and 3 day head start that I couldn’t capitalize on cause constant lags, disconnects, black lion trading company not working etc. By the time it all got fixed we were 10 days or 2 weeks in the game and people who played more than 5-6 hours per day and didn’t preorder have actually been ahed of me.
So yeah I think i have plenty of examples in my life where I haven’t been screwed for supporting the company. I have to admit I like what Anet is doing less and less by the day. It’s turning out to be bang for bucks and grind fest kind of a game we didn’t expect and with no regard for the people who actually supported it from the start.

almost all things you mentioned here require a preset monthly fee, a subscription… think about it… you dont “BUY” Internet service, bank accounts, mobile packages etc. you subscribe to them and feed them monthly to wnsure continuity of service, hence over time they give back a small sum/gift as a reward for being loyal. GW2 on the other hand was/is a one time purchase….. have you recieved any similar benifits on the one time purchased items?? definately no. You only “BUY” what is offered, nothing more nothing less

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I honestly laughed at their Black Friday special of getting the deluxe pack for their same price just the game when the regular game was on sale at Best Buy for $25

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m with the crowd who say you should think of it like any other purchase. You don’t get money back when your car drops in value, or when there’s a sale at the place you just bought a TV from last week. Why should a game be any different?

I bought the deluxe edition on the first day of pre-purchase. I knew when I did it that there was a very good chance I could wait and get it for less later on. (I got the collectors editions of both Factions and Nightfall on sale at Amazon for less than the price of the regular edition.) But I didn’t want to wait – I wanted the game and the bonus items right from the start. I got what I paid for and I see no reason to complain about it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Wait, what? You argument is like buying a game for full price, then seeing it on discount for half price a month later and going to the clerk asking if he can give you half your money back.

You bought it for full price, now they’re giving a discount to new players because they want to attract more people = more $$$.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I would just like Balance issues fixed and bugs removed, 3 months and the game still feels broken badly, I don’t need free upgrades, i need game Fixes….

Ranger is still terrible after three months, Elementalist is so squishy and poorly designed, etc

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

All you people saying this is how real life sales are blah blah blah have you people been living in a closet for the last decade. Every major retailer, every major credit card company has this sweet little thing called…wait for it

wait….

Purchase protection, oh yeah thats right purchase protection you know if you buy something and some other store sales it cheaper they match the price or you find it cheaper they will honor the lower price, refund the difference some credit cards honor lower prices for up to 6 months.

Posted by: Ryden.4510

Ryden.4510

Why do you people feel so entitled to everything? Just quiet down and play the game, kids these days want everything handed to them…

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

All you people saying this is how real life sales are blah blah blah have you people been living in a closet for the last decade. Every major retailer, every major credit card company has this sweet little thing called…wait for it

wait….

Purchase protection, oh yeah thats right purchase protection you know if you buy something and some other store sales it cheaper they match the price or you find it cheaper they will honor the lower price, refund the difference some credit cards honor lower prices for up to 6 months.

oh yes now did you read any such thing as purchase protection in the end user agreement you agreed to? If you find any such offer in the end user agreement you can SS it and then make demands. Honestly whats the big fuss about a frigging 2 days(?) sale?

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Do you often return to merchants and DEMAND a refund every time something you could have purchased goes on sale?

That’s essentially what you’re doing here.

You bought a new TV in August for $3000. You could have bought a slightly larger one for $4000, but you decided to but the $3000 one.

Then, like every year, in november the $4000 TV goes on sale and now costs $3000 for a limited time.

Are you known for marching in to the electronics store and DEMANDING the television you chose not to buy?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Guys. Christmas is coming. This is pretty standard business practice, especially when your product appeals to older kids and teenagers. Such as a video game, which is what GW2 is.

I wouldn’t walk into Walmart, buy a PS3 or Xbox game, then go back in a month and demand a partial refund/discount when the Christmas specials roll around. Wtf? Purchase protection my butt.

But then, I work selling my services and I cut prices around this time of year, too, so it’s just common sense to me by this point. I have to compete with all the other things they could be spending their money on. I can’t get mad at them for it. My other customers don’t come back to me asking for free stuff or for partial refunds, either.

And if they did? I’m afraid I’d have to tell them where they could shove those kittens.