So How Long To Kill ALL The Dragons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Seriously, with no mention of possible future expansions, if we have to confront each and every dragon through the Living World, how long do you think it will take for us to kill all of the Elder Dragons?

We’re already past the second year mark and we’re not that close to killing Mordy. I mean, 4 Living World content patches gave us the tiny zone of Dry Top…. Will it take 3 years per dragon? Cause if that’s the case that will string this games life out to oh, 15 years at that pace. Heck, WoW is on it’s 10th year now and they’re losing a lot of subscribers. Do you think this game will still be alive by the time we get to slay each dragon?

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Look at Aion.
Aion has 5 Dragon Lords.
In 5 years they just killed one of them.

Look at WoW.
What stopped Blizzard on feeding their baby for 10 years?
What will stop them from doing so for another 10 years?

And no, they’re not losing a lot of subscribers.
Thanks to their announcement regarding new patch, people who did quit are coming back and resubbing.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I wondered the same thing at one point. Since the theme of GW2 is facing the Elder Dragons one would expect that we would defeat them all before the game’s life ends. Unfortunately, the pace of the LS has been exceptionally slow in regards to the dragons and at this rate it’ll be years before we see them all, at which point a lot of people will probably have moved on with their lives or GW2 in general. If we see Mordremoth by, say Feb or March, that will have been 2.5 years for 2 dragons. Extrapolate that and it will probably be another 4 or 5 years before we see them all.

GW1’s total lifespan (until Anet stopped creating new content) was about 5-6 years so it’s possible that we’ll see them all, but will the majority of players care at that point? I don’t have a crystal ball so I can’t really say, but personally I hope that Anet speeds things up a bit and condenses each season a bit instead of dragging them out forever like Season 1.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Maybe we will fight more than one dragon at a time later on, one dragon alone won’t be a big threat after we defeat 2 more (we will have experience/technology to beat them by then).

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Seriously, with no mention of possible future expansions, if we have to confront each and every dragon through the Living World, how long do you think it will take for us to kill all of the Elder Dragons?

We’re already past the second year mark and we’re not that close to killing Mordy. I mean, 4 Living World content patches gave us the tiny zone of Dry Top…. Will it take 3 years per dragon? Cause if that’s the case that will string this games life out to oh, 15 years at that pace. Heck, WoW is on it’s 10th year now and they’re losing a lot of subscribers. Do you think this game will still be alive by the time we get to slay each dragon?

The question is, will we kill all dragons? I can see a plot twist happen where we actually realize that their cycles are crucial for tyria.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

in 2 years we’ve killed 1 dragon.. a warlord.. and woke up another dragon..
maybe in a few more years we’ll have a storyline, some quests… if we’re lucky

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

The question is, will we kill all dragons? I can see a plot twist happen where we actually realize that their cycles are crucial for tyria.

I hope This is the case. Whats is the fun of killing all the dragons in one blow. Its not pokemon. Its will make the story childish. Its better if we get some other interesting characters (not primordal forces without voice). I’m thinking about Palawa Joko, A new Lich lord, return of the gods (to balance the dragons out) etc with stories developing over time.

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

The dragons are important to Tyria because they keep the magic stable our characters did not realize this yet.
Even if we kill all the dragons we still have other characters like Dhuum and Palawa joko to deal with.

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Even if we kill all the dragons we still have other characters like Dhuum and Palawa joko to deal with.

Who are a billion times more interesting :/ kill dragons asap plz

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I will happily kill my last dragon when I am a ripe old age and in a nursing home. Then I’ll ask my grandkids to remind me why I’m so excited.

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Did we really kill Zhaitan? I’m not sure we did, we brought him down, sure, we defeated him, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we killed him..
I might be overly suspicious, though.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Polymer.8302

Polymer.8302

I think dragons are the most boring and cliché antagonists in games. For example Zhaitan in the personal story turned out to be a big flappy monster with no personality whatsoever. I’d love if we could go to Elona and deal with Palawa Joko or basically anyone else.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

If the whole game is going to be around dragons then its going to be quite a boring and predictable ride… Then again I think at their lame attempt of creating a bad guy (Scarlet)… maybe I prefer boring dragons instead

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

You can mix them together, there’s no need to oppose dragons and other enemies. For example Kralkatorrik flying to Elona, Palawa Joko being between two fires. You can even add the living story for the reconstruction of Elona once both are eliminated.

Same for Cantha, deep see dragon attacking Cantha, Emperor asking for help, fight it on the ground as a dragon fight underwater is unconceivable. Finally, living story leading to a revolt against the Emperor blablabla.

See? Dragons are not the enemies of GW lore, it all depends on what Anet will do with them.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Maybe we’ll just fly around the Tyria zapping them with that Asura anti dragon cannon season 3, who knows, would be convenient.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

I calculate your odds at 27 years and 10 months. And that’s for Mordermoth alone at this pace.

Mesket.5728

Unless we kill them all together with some technology developed at the end of this Chapter and only then realize that by doing that, we killed all Magic in Tyria… bringing the new revamp and balance to the game with new features and that would be an interesting twist.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Unless we kill them all together with some technology developed at the end of this Chapter and only then realize that by doing that, we killed all Magic in Tyria… bringing the new revamp and balance to the game with new features and that would be an interesting twist.

Engineers best profession?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Nah, what will happen is we’ll finally realize we’re fighting for the wrong side (again) and it’s the dragons we should be teaming up with to stop the Pale Tree from ‘tree-a-forming’ Tyria.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

I actually forgot about the dragons being the villians in the game with the pace the game is going

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I don’t care tbh, I just want a decent story with side-quests that don’t force Destiny’s Edge 2.0 appearance all the time.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Mesket.5728

Engineers best profession?

bows and rifles new meta

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I think that we’ll never kill all the dragons.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

My Ele will hit physically heavy armored warriors with wooden stick still called Staff. Rename Ele to Woodenman/Staffman/Stickman. I would enjoy it and I am so interested how it will work. Maybe there will still be a little magic to grow, enchance Staff to do any piercing dmg.

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

In order to defeat all the dragons ANet would have to release Cantha and Elona for access to Bubbles and Kralkatorrik. Then they would have to develop the area under the Shiverpeaks and introduce the Dwarves so we can go after Primordus. The Northern Shiverpeaks for Jormag.

What has the White Mantel been doing all this time? What happened with the Mursaat? What’s up the Luxons and Kurzicks? There is so much that GW2 could do, but it doesn’t seem like a lot has been done.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

You forgot the SAB dragon who has 8-bit breath.