So I deleted my reflect build Mesmer...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adamo.4201

Adamo.4201

cause reflect is now absolutely useless now. I get that they want to “nerf” stacking but making a important skill such as reflect useless for bosses just seems like it goes against there “play how you want philosophy”

(edited by Adamo.4201)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Alrighty. Enjoy your freed up character slot.

Adamo.4201

Sorry I’m just upset that anet would put out something like this with total disregard on how it would effect bosses and whatnot. Why put all the time and effort into programming something that they would Nerf to the ground to the point it’s almost unusable for dungeons and the great jungle wurm. I know they are trying to discourage stacking but this “fix” is not the way to go about it. Now if it was made so that reflect skills would block projectiles for bosses that I could agree on. /rant

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

mesmers were useless before the nerf anyway

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

mesmers were useless before the nerf anyway

i’ll see your ‘useless’ and raise you ‘wow i’m totally annoyed at this enemy mesmer now. he just wasted 3 of my guildies holy kitten and i don’t even know where he is all i can find are his clones’
sigh. pve isn’t the only content that exists…

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

its almost as if my post was entirely to do with PvE

oh yeah

it was

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Adamo.4201

Forget it… Request lock on topic lol

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’ve realized one thing recently. Anet didn’t create the dungeon speedrun meta. Sure they facilitated it unintentionally, but it was never their creation. If they don’t claim speedrunning as their own, why do they have to preserve it?
The truth is, your Mesmer was still viable for every dungeon in the game. It just may not meet the standards set be a certain group of players.
Bottomline is, never get too comfortable with a meta, you never know when they’ll shift.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

oh yeah

it was

sarcastic or not, mesmer is far from useless.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Bottomline is, never get too comfortable with a meta, you never know when they’ll shift.

Except if you’re a guardian. Since they are the most “balanced” class, they are never really nerfed or buffed.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

oh yeah

it was

sarcastic or not, mesmer is far from useless.

Plus, they can be fun.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Adamo.4201

I guess so, I understand why there trying to break the meta but they seem to be doing “fast fixes” without really testing them first. Now like I said before if they made so skill like feedback and wall of reflection absorb boss projectiles that I could agree with.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

anet stance nowadays is like the metallica song lyrics :

“you can do it your own way, if it is done just how i say”

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

So instead of using another build….you deleted the class entirely…..so now it’s not just in game money wasted, possibly real world too, but it’s both money and time wasted here…

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Except if you’re a guardian. Since they are the most “balanced” class, they are never really nerfed or buffed.

Yah, Guardian tis blessed to be forever meta in all modes, and cursed to never improve. When Anet made Guards, they called them perfect and cast them in gold, that they never be altered again.
That and they’re as important to a party in GW2 as Monk was in GW1. That factor may be Guard’s only hope that anet may thaw them out and give em a good shake.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Adamo.4201

My Mesmer was only in rares and just recently hit 80 from when I wasn’t playing my main Warrior. So no big deal really. I guess I kinda overreacted though frustrating having a plan on what your going to gear your character into only to have the build your planning on pretty much get thrown out the window.

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

you dont need to have your damage/range increased to get buffed, the patch does not even have to touch a guard to have it be buffed or nerfed. its called stealth buffs and stealth nerfs. that is nerfs and buffs that affect others. for example. eles getting Fire dagger 3 skill, the flame charge evade, means that not only did ele get a buff, but all other classes just got a nerf towards eles at varying degrees. certain builds are now much much more powerful, while others are now much weaker. guardians have had power shifted in this manner numerous times in both pve and pvp. adding blast finishers to a move on one class increases the viability of almost all field moves on all classes who are on their side and vice versa. increasing damage/range on an ability one one class is a nerf to all other classes at the same time.

if you dont think this way, think of it like this. a turn based game, 1v1, 100 hp and 100hp, 10 damage and 12 damage. player b with 12 damage will win automatically, but will take either 80 or 90 damage depending on who hits first assuming no misses/blocks, ect.
now, change 12 to 14.
player b will now take either 70 or 80 damage, a full hit less from only 2 additional damage saving them 10 more hp. whatever player a is playing is now weaker against whatever player b is naturally because if player c comes along with the same thing, he will loose just as badly as player a. player b leaves with 20 or 30 hp instead of 10 or 20, which allows him more damage in a continuing fight, or less time to heal up and get back in the fight. even applying dodging, movement, skill rotations, and everything else guild wars 2 has, it still means that it will take less hits for player b to kill player a, giving them many different advantages compared to before. everything affects everything. give one class a super weapon which doubles all damage, stacking intensively with everything else, and you don’t view other classes as full powered anymore, even though they were never touched, just because that one class can now destroy you in battle effortlessly.

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

After 650 something days, my mesmer is only level 76, I simply don’t care about the class, probably has something to do with the AI spam and stealth spam coming across as noob tactics. (Yeah I WvW/PvP)

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Its partially reasonable actually.

Although it tells me more about you(that you are prone to impulsive actions in the face of frustration) than the game itself… one of the main point of games is the sort of psychological security with the structure of game play, despite any difficulty.

What I mean is that players can think “if I do this thing and overcome this challenge this way, I will be rewarded this way”, and this is one of the prime value of games as some sort of escapist entertainment away from reality.

You change things once or twice, its okay. You change it 1000 times and this structure is destroyed. It becomes pretty much like reality where a lot of things are not certain – tomorrow the rules, the situation may change. And so whats the purpose of playing games if that’s the case.

This doesn’t mean that those in control should not change things in the name of balance. It just means that they have to be very careful of what to decide when designing/changing so as not to change 1000 times.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

you have my dead elementalists sympathy  >_>

sincerily yours, sarcasm ..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

(edited by cheshirefox.7026)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If someone has a complete set of ascended armor and weapons and it’s nerfed to the point of being unusable then I could sympathize. But if someone is only in rares and thinks this enough to delete……. not so much.

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

cause reflect is now absolutely useless now. I get that they want to “nerf” stacking but making a important skill such as reflect useless for bosses just seems like it goes against there “play how you want philosophy”

Um there are other perfectly viable builds. I have no problems with my mesmer.

And there is no ranting about this on Mesmer forum so its obvious its just you.

(edited by melodyca.8921)

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

My Mesmer was only in rares and just recently hit 80 from when I wasn’t playing my main Warrior. So no big deal really. I guess I kinda overreacted though frustrating having a plan on what your going to gear your character into only to have the build your planning on pretty much get thrown out the window.

I find it interesting you did not post this on the Mesmer forum.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

We have (actually 2) threads on this subject, but they’re both in Profession Balance subforum now:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Please-Stop-The-Reflect-Discrimination/
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/On-Reflects/

We also have one about eggs at Wurm at General Discussions:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Make-eggs-reflectable-at-Wurm/

…and one in Game Bugs:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Ancient-Jungle-Wurm-Eggs-Unblockable/

And another on Malrona in Game Bugs:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Malrona-projectile-attack/

I wonder if consolidating those would make sense.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I wonder if consolidating those would make sense.

Having consistent rules in game would make the most sense

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

I agree that reflects should be more viable against bosses, kind of useless to have skills that reflect if they don’t work well in dungeons,.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

If someone has a complete set of ascended armor and weapons and it’s nerfed to the point of being unusable then I could sympathize.

So, my mesmer in Celestial gear wins your sympathy. Great.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.