So I just do not like the Quickness change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bastilean.7042

Bastilean.7042

This change is my least favorite of the patch and I play professions with and without quickness.

Nerfing the mezmer skill was a nerf to everybody.

Dungeons already take too long. I literally pop some pop-corn during the Troll vs. Koler fight in AC.

I kid you not, this game is full of so many ka-maya-maya scenes it might as well be a bad Dragon B@ll Z parody.

The dungeons are so hard with monsters that have so much health that most players find glitches and bugs to complete dungeons more often than an actual brawl, because an actual brawl has an element of failure risk even for good players. Mistakes happen and creature damage is high, CC is high and dungeon denizens in general are highly unforgiving.

I feel like nerfing quickness is just one more step in the wrong direction.

It’s entirely disappointing to think that PvPs think that frenzy which increases the damage you take by +50% was too stronk. I mean the ability already was a death wish skill on an elite skill cool down.

A.net could have decided that Ignore Pain shouldn’t be useable while you are Frenzied. An easy solution would be to disallow multiple stances at once. To me, this would be a far less devastating compromise. It’s a stance.

Signet build is looking better and better. Why does this make me feel so ill?

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Everyone will adapt to it soon.

Posted by: Agent Ice.6578

Agent Ice.6578

Look on the bright side. They will do something else later on that will make this look small…

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Or leave.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If anyone is leaving due to a nerf to Time Warp, they had one foot out the door already. I main a mesmer, I use Time Warp all the time. I’m not crying about it.

This goes on in every MMO. Companies make changes, people don’t see why, because everyone sees only a small portion of the picture, and people rant…and some leave. And others stay and adapt.

But there have been people saying for a long time, even since beta that quickness was too powerful. Many wanted it to be removed from the game before launch. It’s not like I didn’t expect it to change.

As I’ve said before, any time there’s a skill which everyone insists you take, or that you have to take, means that skill is OP.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Why don’t they like.

Reduce boss health.

Across the board.

And maybe make fights more interesting.

But yeah reduce boss health.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

A lot of rangers including me relied on quickness and even I thought it needed to be nerfed, seeing how rangers didn’t get buffs to QZ/traits while warriors did, that’s another story. But Time Warp on the other hand was flat out over powered and this was long over due.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Rangers got the short end of the stick this time for sure. I would seriously expect a ranger buff in the near future. I know people have been waiting, but now it’s a must.

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Or leave.

If they leave over a change like that, they weren’t going to stay to begin with.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Or leave.

Yes, because Quickness is so super important. Let’s rename the game to Quickness Wars 2.

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

its not as if the dps goes down that much >>

some1 already calculated its a loss of 2-3 seconds total
thats not alot and barely neglible in pve.
as a main mesmer i find this nerf justified and was hoping for it to be done months ago

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Or leave.

Yes, because Quickness is so super important. Let’s rename the game to Quickness Wars 2.

the game is already freakin slow. Quickness made things faster. How they do movement speed slowed in combat is utterly stupid because it slows the game down. Also random idiotic pauses between getting CCed. Say you got knocked down and your character gets up but you cant move or do anything for another second which is a wtf moment.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

This quickness nerf effected everyone, not just mesmers, i actually saw players i never believed would dislike or get mad at this game actually get properly mad, i’m not sure we’ve seen the full fall out from this patch yet.

Luckily having Ranger as a main seeing more nerfs i wasn’t surprised, i feel once a bad class always a bad class it seems…i was more angry at engineers kit refinement insanity..

I guess we will see in a few weeks..

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Anet needs to learn from other games mistakes.

Never nerf anything for any reason what so ever. No matter how OP people or the devs think the skill is NEVER nerf it. Adjust skills around it to bring it up to it’s level, then adjust the difficulty.

I don’t play a mesmer so I dont know how nasty the change was.. I do play a Ranger but never touch dungeons so I don’t often have quickness in my skill bar anyway.

I highly doubt that nerfing a skill like quickness will suddenly cause people (who’ve left) to flock back to Gw2 based on their feeling it was overpowered and finally fixed. It’s far more likely for people to walk away from Gw2 based on a popular skill getting the axe, while messing with their build.

An MMO does not operate if droves of people leave based on their feelings the game might be going down the wrong path (path of nerfs)

Anet.. take note.. do not go down that path.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Anet needs to learn from other games mistakes.

Never nerf anything for any reason what so ever. No matter how OP people or the devs think the skill is NEVER nerf it. Adjust skills around it to bring it up to it’s level, then adjust the difficulty.

I don’t play a mesmer so I dont know how nasty the change was.. I do play a Ranger but never touch dungeons so I don’t often have quickness in my skill bar anyway.

I highly doubt that nerfing a skill like quickness will suddenly cause people (who’ve left) to flock back to Gw2 based on their feeling it was overpowered and finally fixed. It’s far more likely for people to walk away from Gw2 based on a popular skill getting the axe, while messing with their build.

An MMO does not operate if droves of people leave based on their feelings the game might be going down the wrong path (path of nerfs)

Anet.. take note.. do not go down that path.

What you have described is called Power Creep, which isn’t a good thing.
It is a FACT that power creep kills games. Perfect example? GW1 post Nightfall.

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

Or leave.

the game is already freakin slow. Quickness made things faster. How they do movement speed slowed in combat is utterly stupid because it slows the game down. Also random idiotic pauses between getting CCed. Say you got knocked down and your character gets up but you cant move or do anything for another second which is a wtf moment.

thats swiftness
quickness got nerfed wich increased the atk speed by 100%
movement is still the same
move along

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

Khal Drogo.9631

As I’ve said before, any time there’s a skill which everyone insists you take, or that you have to take, means that skill is OP.

Feedback, shield of the avenger, Wall of reflection, Tome of Courage, and the list goes on.

Mesmer logic at work here.

And to be clear, I dont think its a Major nerf as compared to rangers, but it is not an insignificant nerf for mesmers, more importantly wholly unnecessary for PVErs who can’t solo content.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

This nerf was on it’s way for a long time. Double attack speed is just plain broken. I play a great sword warrior, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that ANY Stun/Knockdown/Immobilization+Frenzy+Hundred Blades was flat out broken.

B-R-O-K-E-N

Which is why you saw so many terribad kitten zerker warriors in PvP. Frenzy made it viable, even if you had no clue what you were doing.

I can’t speak for other professions, though I hear that mesmers were even worse in this reguard.

(Edit. I seriously cannot believe they censored that.)

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Quickness nerfed from 100% to 50%.

They better reduce the cool-down time of Time-Warp from 210 seconds to 105 seconds to make up for it without breaking the game.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Bastilean.7042

Bastilean.7042

Minimum, next patch I want to see the damage taken by Warriors while frenzied reduced to 25% from 50%. Taking as much extra damage as you are giving is ok if you are playing Centaur Warrior and DOTA2, but not if you are playing GW2.

I would also like to see cool downs reduced on all quickness abilities and items upgrades, because they aren’t that good. Look at the price of runes and sigils that provide quickness. Nobody uses them.

Clearly they were such a big problem that nobody was using them.

Khal Drogo.9631

This nerf was on it’s way for a long time. Double attack speed is just plain broken. I play a great sword warrior, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that ANY Stun/Knockdown/Immobilization+Frenzy+Hundred Blades was flat out broken.

B-R-O-K-E-N

Which is why you saw so many terribad kitten zerker warriors in PvP. Frenzy made it viable, even if you had no clue what you were doing.

I can’t speak for other professions, though I hear that mesmers were even worse in this reguard.

(Edit. I seriously cannot believe they censored that.)

So the PVE ppl have to make way for the people who can’t beat who they consider to be bads because of skill OPness in PVP.

I would have tot pros would have figured out a way to counter bad players even if they were using an OP skill especially since skills are not spammable.