So I logged in yesterday...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

…for the first time in months just to see how the game is doing… I hopped into Kessex, I hopped into Cursed Shore. Guess what, all I saw were zergs. Zergs everywhere. A sea of players mindlessly beating down mobs Diablo style, which is cool in its own right but for an MMO? Im not so sure.

Is this what we consider fun now? Just being part of the blob that is beating down champs and elites? Is this engaging combat? Is this what we consider non-grindy combat? Im at range with my mesmer, and I randomly take a few ticks of damage..from what exactly? I cannot see…theres a big zerg in my face with a ton of effects going off. How can I see what is hitting me?

Seriously though, is this what people consider fun? Zero mechanic open world zerging? Im not trying to complain here, just trying to understand if this is what you all wanted and expected out of Guild Wars 2 when you purchased it.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The game is dying. No one is playing it. You must be hallucinating.

cesmode.4257

The game is dying. No one is playing it. You must be hallucinating.

Why Vayne, sounds like you are being sarcastic and trolling. I should probably report your post for trolling.

Either way, your response is unwarranted. Who said anything about the game dying? I merely pointing out that the gameplay I saw in the only two zones I went to had only zergs…is this what open world PVE is boiling down to?

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

The game is not dying and what you are seeing is not out of the ordinary. This is just what a game without holy trinity or clear defined class roles looks like. Everyone does the same thing: zerging.

For the most part, I think it’s fun, especially in WvW, but I’m a pretty casual player now. Used to be hardcore in GW1, but then life happened: work, marriage and kids. For me it’s the perfect follow-up game. I don’t think I’m alone here, either.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Zerging was left in the “old” basic GW2 which many people who enjoy it can still enjoy it (newer inexperienced players included). Others who don’t (like me) do not do world bosses anymore and complain in the megathreads which you can find on the first pages of the general subforum.

The new season and new content which caters to older players who want “challenge” is in Story Journal and Dry Top. Each boss there has unique mechanics which require timing and coordination, and instanced LS achievements are designed to be achieved solo or in parties of up to 5 players. That part of the game has just appeared though, and only time will tell if it can unleash its full potential.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

…for the first time in months just to see how the game is doing… I hopped into Kessex, I hopped into Cursed Shore. Guess what, all I saw were zergs. Zergs everywhere. A sea of players mindlessly beating down mobs Diablo style, which is cool in its own right but for an MMO? Im not so sure.

Is this what we consider fun now? Just being part of the blob that is beating down champs and elites? Is this engaging combat? Is this what we consider non-grindy combat? Im at range with my mesmer, and I randomly take a few ticks of damage..from what exactly? I cannot see…theres a big zerg in my face with a ton of effects going off. How can I see what is hitting me?

Seriously though, is this what people consider fun? Zero mechanic open world zerging? Im not trying to complain here, just trying to understand if this is what you all wanted and expected out of Guild Wars 2 when you purchased it.

The world of Gw2 is big, even zones are big. The good thing about zergs (if you dont like that sort of game play ) is that they concentrate in one place. You dont like the uber easy fights zergs bring? no problem, avoid the zerg and go do events / your thing in the 95% of the zone where the zerg isnt present.

Some people dont care about the experience, they care about the rewards and the zerg gets them the rewards faster so thats their thing.

Vayne.8563

No because the PVe world is huge and you went to two popular areas. I’m all over the world and most of the time the PvE world isn’t like that.

cesmode.4257

:( Sad to see potential wasted. <— Just my opinion though. This game could have been so much more.

Galen Grey.4709

The game is not dying and what you are seeing is not out of the ordinary. This is just what a game without holy trinity or clear defined class roles looks like. Everyone does the same thing: zerging.

For the most part, I think it’s fun, especially in WvW, but I’m a pretty casual player now. Used to be hardcore in GW1, but then life happened: work, marriage and kids. For me it’s the perfect follow-up game. I don’t think I’m alone here, either.

Zergs arent a byproduct of a lack of holy trinity, they’re a byproduct of having no mob tagging and individual loot.

Galen Grey.4709

:( Sad to see potential wasted. <— Just my opinion though. This game could have been so much more.

There is just one way to solve zerging and thats to introduce mob tagging. Not sure that will make for a more enjoyable game experience personally.

cesmode.4257

No because the PVe world is huge and you went to two popular areas. I’m all over the world and most of the time the PvE world isn’t like that.

Ive done that too(not yesterday)..heading to areas like timerbline falls. I see no one completing events. I call out in map chat if anyone is in the zone, and I receive maybe one reply. Ive posted my findings in the forums here at that time, and people chimed in saying “well I always find people in these less popular zones”. I have guested in several NA servers and the results have always been the same, so I really do not believe it when people say they are completing DEs in less populated zones with other folks.

You are either funneled into LS zones, or temple/ascended material zones, or youre not. Mostly..

cesmode.4257

There is just one way to solve zerging and thats to introduce mob tagging. Not sure that will make for a more enjoyable game experience personally.

Mob tagging would probably make the game less enjoyable…but may thing out the zergs quite a bit.

However, I’ve thought this way for some time but never really vocalized it here…I dont think that Arenanet can truely get around zergs.

They want their game played out in open spaces, non instances spaces with other people(possibly other random people). Thats how their system and DE system works. Because of this, it is very difficult to create events and fight mechanics in the open world that anything less that zerging and button mashing.

Take tequatl for example: Its probably the most mechanically interesting open world content in the game. But they had to make it super hard, giving teq a ton of HP and his abilities hitting for a truckload. Why? Because they anticipated that zergs in the dozens, several dozens will flock to Teq and mash #1 and #2 keys repeatedly until he is dead.

It is hard to give open world content interesting mechanics. How can an open world group of ragtag players, some guilded, some not, coordinate a fight or encounter? We do it with Tequatl with minimal success on a handful of servers. But can that be applied across the entire open pve game? I think the designers would have their hands full and casuals will be frustrated and leave. Also, it is hard to design open world content for a small group fo players (say 10), because zergs will come in and steam roll, just like they do now.

So, inevitiably, I think we are stuck with large scale open world PVE zergs for two reasons:
1. Trying to create a tequatl-like encounter(not necessarily in difficult, but just in complexity), will be daunting for new players that do not have voice comms with the other several dozen players.
2. Trying to create encounters that are designed for smaller groups will just be zerged anyways. Sure they scale up with elites and champs, but thats really doing nothing.

Its the open world PVE system that GW2 has that is at fault..for all of its promise and up-side, the one downside are interesting encounters that require you to move, work as a team, utilize combos, etc…we will never see those unless its an 80man fight like Teq.

Galen Grey.4709

Ive done that too(not yesterday)..heading to areas like timerbline falls. I see no one completing events. I call out in map chat if anyone is in the zone, and I receive maybe one reply. Ive posted my findings in the forums here at that time, and people chimed in saying “well I always find people in these less popular zones”. I have guested in several NA servers and the results have always been the same, so I really do not believe it when people say they are completing DEs in less populated zones with other folks.

You are either funneled into LS zones, or temple/ascended material zones, or youre not. Mostly..

I find this hard to believe unless the situation in NA is extremely different in EU. I tested this no players in midlevel zones on low population servers over in The EU spend a couple of weeks guesting to different servers playing in mid level maps. I started the 3 or so medium servers and in each server I never once found empty zones. (pre-megaserver obviously) In fact I was pretty surprised as one of those medium population server had more activity in mid range maps then my own server.

Did you just call out in map chat or did you also play and explore around a bit? could simply be people were not paying attention to zone chat or maybe felt not inclined to join up. DE are easy and can be completed solo thus some people might actually prefer to just go about it solo for greater freedom.

In anycase with megservers this is definitely no longer an issue.

cesmode.4257

I find this hard to believe unless the situation in NA is extremely different in EU. I tested this no players in midlevel zones on low population servers over in The EU spend a couple of weeks guesting to different servers playing in mid level maps. I started the 3 or so medium servers and in each server I never once found empty zones. (pre-megaserver obviously) In fact I was pretty surprised as one of those medium population server had more activity in mid range maps then my own server.

Did you just call out in map chat or did you also play and explore around a bit? could simply be people were not paying attention to zone chat or maybe felt not inclined to join up. DE are easy and can be completed solo thus some people might actually prefer to just go about it solo for greater freedom.

In anycase with megservers this is definitely no longer an issue.

I did call out in map chat, as well as roamed the maps for a little while. DEs stalled because no one was completing them.

Im sure with megaservers this might be addressed quite a bit. But then that branches off into another discussion…Theres no server pride or unity anymore. Its all megaserver, no? Other than WvW, your home server means squat, correct?

In the CDI discussions(what happened to them by the way…they stop? Why?) I had a huge post to which Chris Whiteside/Colin responded directly I believe. A system that encouraged open world PVE, active PVE, to where we as a PVE playerbase on your server need to control as many areas and zones as possible in order to gain server wide buffs, very similar to the WvW system. Obviously the rewards and incentives are open to debate, but I would much prefer this over megaserver. But..arenanet in their wisdom chose to devalue servers and community.

This would keep server pride, unity, and keep your server choice meaningful…it would also encourage you as a playerbase and server community to work together and complete events across all maps, not just a small handful.

Galen Grey.4709

…snip

So, inevitiably, I think we are stuck with large scale open world PVE zergs for two reasons:
1. Trying to create a tequatl-like encounter(not necessarily in difficult, but just in complexity), will be daunting for new players that do not have voice comms with the other several dozen players.
2. Trying to create encounters that are designed for smaller groups will just be zerged anyways. Sure they scale up with elites and champs, but thats really doing nothing.

Its the open world PVE system that GW2 has that is at fault..for all of its promise and up-side, the one downside are interesting encounters that require you to move, work as a team, utilize combos, etc…we will never see those unless its an 80man fight like Teq.

Yes and no. For the most part Zergs are optional. Unless you’re fighting a world boss like I said zergs are avoidable and tackling content with small groups does require some co-ordination and support. I dont know when you stopped playing so I have no idea which events people consider were major zerg fests you experienced or not. But take the invasions or Escape from LA.. If zerg went right, I went left … every single time I ran into other players who did the same thing and join up in small groups of 2 or 3 complete strangers and we’d stick together for the rest of the event. Those events where hard to complete with 2 or 3 players so we had challenge, we had to keep each others alive since most of them were very difficult to solo. I had lots of fun while others were complaining how mindless these events where. What do you expect if you go with 100 people to do an event thats meant to scale no more then 10?

Arenanet tried all they could… making these events fail if people didnt spread out (they didnt care as it was still more rewarding to zerg and fail then to win), they tried to provide exclusive rewards if you won the event… people still didnt care prefering a lot of smaller guaranteed rewards then less rewards + a chance for a jackpot. They even tried removing rewards from drops so that zerg farming became useless that made the event not very fun to everyone.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

The other day I visited a local park and saw a bunch of people climbing a tree. I tried climbing the tree also but it wasn’t enjoyable for me. I promptly visited the park’s Google page and wrote up a review stating that the park has become nothing more than a gathering place for tree-climbers. What a waste of a good park.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

cesmode.4257

…snip

Arenanet tried all they could… making these events fail if people didnt spread out (they didnt care as it was still more rewarding to zerg and fail then to win), they tried to provide exclusive rewards if you won the event… people still didnt care prefering a lot of smaller guaranteed rewards then less rewards + a chance for a jackpot. They even tried removing rewards from drops so that zerg farming became useless that made the event not very fun to everyone.

I didnt do escape from LA…I think the last one I did was the siege on LA.

So, if they removed loot drop potential, what happened? And you’re correct, that people would rather zerg farm than complete the event. Dust, materials, salvageable stuff, chance at rares, exotics, and MAYBE a precursor is far more enticing than completeing the event for 250 currency which purchases a cosmetic item or something.

What would make people want to complete the event instead of farming? A chest full of 20 rares and exotics? 10 of each material you need forascended crafting? I cant think of the names at the moment, but the materials that are on a 24 hr cooldown…what if they gave 10 of those away for event completion? Im sure that might entice. Yes, ascended becomes the ordinary, but isnt that sort of the point? Not to create a gap between the wealthy and not?

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They really know how to waste potential. Simply look at WvW, got so much yet nothing gets done with it. And about the zergs anywhere in PvE, thats exactly the reason i dont do PvE – spamming #1 with hundreds of other people gets boring really fast so i stick with roaming in WvW.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

cesmode.4257

They really know how to waste potential. Simply look at WvW, got so much yet nothing gets done with it. And about the zergs anywhere in PvE, thats exactly the reason i dont do PvE – spamming #1 with hundreds of other people gets boring really fast so i stick with roaming in WvW.

I actually think theyve done wonderful things with WvW… But Im the minority. Its a great part of the game. Especially with friends..

Vayne.8563

You did that before the mega server was introduced. I remember. And I did usually find people, but now you find them more often.

cesmode.4257

You did that before the mega server was introduced. I remember. And I did usually find people, but now you find them more often.

Indeed before megaserver. But while megaserver addresed one problem it creates others. Lack of community. They could have created incentives and a whole system to encourage us to participate in DEs around all maps, instead of destroying server communities (and creating issues for guild missions, temple runs, etc).

Galen Grey.4709

I did call out in map chat, as well as roamed the maps for a little while. DEs stalled because no one was completing them.

Im sure with megaservers this might be addressed quite a bit. But then that branches off into another discussion…Theres no server pride or unity anymore. Its all megaserver, no? Other than WvW, your home server means squat, correct?

In the CDI discussions(what happened to them by the way…they stop? Why?) I had a huge post to which Chris Whiteside/Colin responded directly I believe. A system that encouraged open world PVE, active PVE, to where we as a PVE playerbase on your server need to control as many areas and zones as possible in order to gain server wide buffs, very similar to the WvW system. Obviously the rewards and incentives are open to debate, but I would much prefer this over megaserver. But..arenanet in their wisdom chose to devalue servers and community.

This would keep server pride, unity, and keep your server choice meaningful…it would also encourage you as a playerbase and server community to work together and complete events across all maps, not just a small handful.

CDIs were paused for the china release i believe and was wondering myself when they’re going to continue

I wouldnt say there can be no more server pride or unity especially in this context. If your experiance is close to no one was playing in mid level maps then what server pride / unity was lost in mega servers? World bosses is probably the only area of PvE impacted in terms of server pride but even there how much was the impact. most if not all of my tequalt kills prior to megaserver happened in overflows (which like megaserver is made up from players off different servers from the same region) So only server pride issue i can see in PvE to be honest is now its hard to potentially impossible to claim world first kill like blackgate and desolation did with tequalt & wurm that yes we will loose that server pride if / (hopefully) when we get another hard world boss.

Server pride is mainly focused on WvW

I do remember the post in question you’re refering to and I believe I gave you feedback on it. For the most part its a great idea. It does have some weak spots.. These events would need to be tackled in parallel else you’ll get 1 huge zerg doing in them one after the other. That means you’d need to co-ordinate on a server level which is not easy to do.

Then you have the buff issue. to pull this off you’d need to spend a lot of time coordinating so any buff will have to make up for the lost farming time people will incur else why would they bother in the first place. But if it is good enough to make it make their while then you have the opposite problem which how often would they need to do this world event? I mean if you get 10% more gold and it takes 2 hrs to pull this off (organization + execution). Then its 20hrs just to break even. Thus the buff would need to last at least 40hrs for people to find it worth their while. For a typical player to get 40hrs of buff time the buff would need to last at the very least 2 weeks. Hence you’d only have 2hrs per 2 weeks of awesome co-operative server level play. in the grand scheme of things thats not too much

Its a great idea conceptually but i dont think its easy to pull it off unfortunately

Galen Grey.4709

I didnt do escape from LA…I think the last one I did was the siege on LA.

So, if they removed loot drop potential, what happened? And you’re correct, that people would rather zerg farm than complete the event. Dust, materials, salvageable stuff, chance at rares, exotics, and MAYBE a precursor is far more enticing than completeing the event for 250 currency which purchases a cosmetic item or something.

What would make people want to complete the event instead of farming? A chest full of 20 rares and exotics? 10 of each material you need forascended crafting? I cant think of the names at the moment, but the materials that are on a 24 hr cooldown…what if they gave 10 of those away for event completion? Im sure that might entice. Yes, ascended becomes the ordinary, but isnt that sort of the point? Not to create a gap between the wealthy and not?

Rewards serve a variety of purposes primary amongs which is to keep people engaged. They could reward a whole ascended weapon / armor piece and yes everyone would scamble to win the event no doubt there. But there is a reason why ascended gear is designed to take a really long time to achieve and thats because people who only value rewards that increase their character’s power well need rewards too to keep engaged. If instead of about 1 month to get a single piece you could get it in 1hr, you reduce their rewards from about a year per character to a week per character if even. then what? introduce a new their? let them go? hope they stay even though there are no rewards they find meaningful?

if you go with more monetary rewards rather then something thats time gated on purpose then you’ll drive inflation up which is also bad.

Vayne.8563

Indeed before megaserver. But while megaserver addresed one problem it creates others. Lack of community. They could have created incentives and a whole system to encourage us to participate in DEs around all maps, instead of destroying server communities (and creating issues for guild missions, temple runs, etc).

I wonder how many people find their communties within the boundaries of their guild. I do. I know a lot of other people who do.

You know we do guild missions every week and often run into the same three guilds? That’s community dude.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Easy solution to this issue.

First, as others have said, it is easy to avoid the zerg in most zones. If you are looking for the small group experience in the open world, either party with friends/guildees or, if none are online, use the looking for group tool. It is actually really effective for something like this. Just advertise a group with a notice like “looking for small group to do DEs in Cursed Shores (or Mt Maelstrom or where).”

My favorite zones to do this in are usually Kessex Hills, Malchor’s Leap and Fields of Ruin, but there are many others – or just hopping between maps to the various minidungeons. It is also possible to get this experience in the new Dry Top map if you focus on the smaller events or end up on a server not going for T4 or 5.

What you’re looking for is in the game. You just have to put some (extremely minimal) effort into finding it.

To the point of community, I disagree. Good communities are built, not forced onto us by arbitrary boundaries. For me, the communities that matter are my guild, those we wvw with (which hasnt changed) and my friends list. The megaserver just creates a bigger pool of potential friends (for the friends list and guild). It enhances my community rather than diminishes it.

cesmode.4257

@galengrey

First, the rewards(making it worth while) can be tweaked to whatever is necessary. I think thats the easier part.

But as far as how it all works… Open up your world map and each zone would have an indicator that tells you how much of the map is player controlled or NPC controlled..meaning which ZONE does not need more players in it to zerg around, and where you can benefit the server most. Do the NPCs(i.e. failed events) control a particular zone, like Iron Marches, or do we? If NPCs do, well..head there and do it.

There are how many zones in the game? dozen? I dont think there are enough people that would be online for a specific server at the same time and all participating in open world PVE to have 12 large zergs to roll all content. People still log in and do WvW, dungeons, etc.

It would just be a percentage of successfully completed DE and DE chains vs unsuccessful. They kick off and start as they normally do. There is no “2 hour time limit” to get it done. Its on going, never ending.

Here is how I imagine it…
—-
8pm EST.. Well, my daugher is in bed, let me log in and see whats up.

I Open up the map, and I see Kessex is 80% player controlled, Queensdale is 100%, Iron Marches is 53%, Brisband is 21%, Timberline is 56%..

Hmm, havent been to timberline in a while. Let me hop in there real quick…
I zone in, complete a few events, check the map to see it is up to 90%. I see brisband fell to 15% telling me that zone needs players.

I zone over to Brisband and spend 2 hours completing events with a few people to bring it up to 70%.
—-
This is what I envisioned. Maybe have the reward level give different or better rewards at certain overall world control. If players control 25,50,75,100 % of the world map, there are different worlds at each threshold. This is taking into consideration ALL of the dynamic events in the game in all areas of every zone…not just “controlling one entire zone = 10% of world completion”..

For example, assuming there are 100 dynamic events in the game, if I complete one successfully, thats 1% player controlled(until it resets and starts over…). Once I complete one, I move to another and complete it…2%. Etc etc.

cesmode.4257

I wonder how many people find their communties within the boundaries of their guild. I do. I know a lot of other people who do.

You know we do guild missions every week and often run into the same three guilds? That’s community dude.

To use a popular quote that everyone else loves to throw around, “Not everyone likes being in a guild”…but these people might find enjoyment in running across random people in the open world and completing content.

The definition or reqiurement of an MMO is not to be part of a guild. If that were a requirement, I wouldn’t play any MMOs.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Can’t you just not post here anymore?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

2 possible solutions to this delima for the OP:

1. Run past the Zerg and continue doing what you were there for. Unless you were there to KILL the Champion the Zerg is after, why does it matter?
  2. Join the Zerg and do a loop with them (gain some reward and have a bit of mindless fun) and then see # 1.

I get the question is about the health of the game in general, but the fact that so many players are actually engaged in an activity together (no matter how mindless or boring some other players may feel that activity is), kind of indicates the game is just fine and maybe the question you SHOULD be asking is if YOU want to be a part of this game any longer…..?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

You know the story of the 6 blind men and the elephant? Basically each one feels a different part, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then compare notes and learn that they are in complete disagreement as to what it is.

Open your eyes.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Vayne.8563

To use a popular quote that everyone else loves to throw around, “Not everyone likes being in a guild”…but these people might find enjoyment in running across random people in the open world and completing content.

The definition or reqiurement of an MMO is not to be part of a guild. If that were a requirement, I wouldn’t play any MMOs.

Right who would ever want to be part of a guild in Guild Wars? You can’t have every single player appeased in the same way. There’s plenty of things for people to solo in the game or play in small groups or just with people running around.

Try the “slower” zones instead of the busier ones after the mega server. It might be the experience you’re looking for.

But you sort of remind me a bit of my ex wife. She was always so fussy with food, always so attached to exactly what she wanted, she was never really satisfied with any restaurant.

You can’t plan meals for people like her.

cesmode.4257

Right who would ever want to be part of a guild in Guild Wars? You can’t have every single player appeased in the same way. There’s plenty of things for people to solo in the game or play in small groups or just with people running around.

Try the “slower” zones instead of the busier ones after the mega server. It might be the experience you’re looking for.

But you sort of remind me a bit of my ex wife. She was always so fussy with food, always so attached to exactly what she wanted, she was never really satisfied with any restaurant.

Look in the mirror vayne

You have used that exact line SO many times before…

“But not everyone <blah blah blah”

Cant please everyone..youre correct. so why don’t you apply some of your own reasoning here to the dozens or hundreds of posts where you have said “well some people don’t <blah blah>”.

Can’t design a game around everyone’s needs and wants. Which is the logic people have been trying to use against the all common rhetoric line that you love to use in “Well some people…”

Vayne.8563

Look in the mirror vayne

You have used that exact line SO many times before…

“But not everyone <blah blah blah”

Cant please everyone..youre correct. so why don’t you apply some of your own reasoning here to the dozens or hundreds of posts where you have said “well some people don’t <blah blah>”.

Can’t design a game around everyone’s needs and wants. Which is the logic people have been trying to use against the all common rhetoric line that you love to use in “Well some people…”

But that’s my logic. Huge zergs of people are actually having fun in huge zergs. They’re here for THOSE people. Now you’re acting like there’s nothing for people who want to roam around and do events without a zerg. That is in fact, not the case.

The difference is one of us is saying there’s nothing but zergs and I know for a fact that’s not true.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Can’t you just not post here anymore?

Just ignore and skip all his posts. SOP for me now.

Posted by: timartinho.8043

timartinho.8043

Guild Wars 2 is the only game that still’s making me enjoy playing.
You got a lot of content to explore. A lot to do.
You see a bunch of players farming precursors and gold for another major objectives.

That’s what is incredible in-game. A lot of players doing a lot of different things at same time, and with the new megaserver, uau! It’s full everywhere.

I think everyone who says bad about the game or just don’t play it everyday, or just come here for not paying wow. And thinks this is wow and their gameplay. I’m a complete World of Warcraft lover. Played it like 4 ou 5 years in my life. But I play GW2 because I love the game mechanics and I’m not looking for a wow substitute. I’m tired of playing that. Just it. And Guild Wars 2 got a lot for me. It´s perfect.

Stylus Targaryen - 80 Asura Guardian[main]
Stylus Sunstrider - 80 Charr Warrior[alt]
Bombista - 80 Human Engineer[alt]

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Just curious: if you don’t like zerging, why did you do it?

For me, I could care less if people zerg or not. Barely affects my gameplay at all if I don’t want it. If I want to make a bit of money I can join a zerg for a while and when I’m tired of it I stop. Normally I go around the maps doing hearts and exploring since I have multiple alts. I keep my 80s for higher-level or more challenging content.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: hildegain.2106

hildegain.2106

To answer the OP I’m not a fan of mindless Zerg. I like the game, I like the combat, the art, the music, the lore and some of the living story stuff! I also stopped playing the game due to not seeing what I want in this game. I want more dungeons, I want raids and I want some individual challenge. I’m not seeing it.

I’ll happily tear myself away from other games to play GW2 again when they change it for the better. Too much has been broken over the past few months for me to want to play it much at the moment. That is not the view of the majority, just me.

(edited by hildegain.2106)

Galen Grey.4709

@cesmode

I dont have a crystal ball so I might be wrong but I am fairly certain if you do it like you describe it would fail. It would require constant maintenance meaning you’d never really enjoy the benefits the buffs give you. Not just that but I get the impression the majority of the players care about farming gold and rewards. Currently farmers can do between 10g – 15g per hour doing dynamic events might net you 50s an hour at best. Why would they break their cycle for something like a 10% bonus to money earned if that bonus doesn’t really persist? Not just that but you’re going to have people that are pretty jaded when they take the effort to try to increase the bonus but then as soon as they stop contributing and instead go to reap the benefits themselves not enough players replace them and the bonus they worked so hard for starts falling right when it actually matters to them.

I think probably something like they did with the tier vendor in dry top would probably work better because what you propose has just too many points of failure chief amongst them being not taking part is way more profitable then taking part.

Also there were 1500 dynamic events at launch… many more where added since then which brings another layer of complexity. Its kinda hard to tackle them all at the same time.