So, I'm never going to get a horde, am I?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I’ve done teq over 300 times. Haven’t gotten a horde. A guildie of mine does it twice, gets 1. My alt does it less than 50 times, gets one. Why does this game hate me so much?

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

For the Horde!

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

RNG is a cruel, cruel mistress…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Don’t feel bad..

for the first year after the Teq Rising upgrade I did Teq once a day and after that year I started doing him randomly but usually once a week at least

and I’ve never had a Horde chest either

I’ve complained about the terrible RNG in GW2 soo much regarding exotics in the past which are also stupidly rare for me

not 3 weeks ago I farmed over 250 champ bags and got no exotics at all and just around 13 rares..

absolutely pathetic and only reinforces my opinion that Champ loot is a total waste of time and almost completely unrewarding

but I stopped caring about all this a while ago and just stopped wasting my time farming for things I give up on ever dropping

I still do Teq but for the gold
I open Champ bags for Luck and because I can’t sell them which I soo would if I could
if I want money then I just run dungeons and world bosses for the guaranteed rares which I can salvage for Ecto..

there does appear to be a unbalance between peoples accounts in Gw2 though
some people just get better drops and other people get trash… this has not gone unnoticed by me or anyone else that feels cheated by the bad RNG

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ve just tried composing two replies but didn’t go through with either. I’m feeling too mellow.

You may be intetested to know that i took a guildie to Teq when he was level 67 and he got one. I found it both hilarious and really annoying at the same time. He didn’t even know what it was, was talking of trying to sell it!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

It’s an account bound ascended weapon. I got more of those doing pvp. Why is anet so kitten stingy with teq horde drops? I just want one horde, is that so much to ask?

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Tell me about it…

I just want the skins.. that Greatsword would look great on a Reaper but its never going to happen for me so I’ll have to find something else

Posted by: Kaiserclown.2458

Kaiserclown.2458

My friend finally got me to do Teq with her a few weeks ago (I usually only pvp) and I got a hoard on my first time. How does that make you feel?

Pinkpuff-Asuran warrior-FA [Dark]
#Void4life

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

My friend finally got me to do Teq with her a few weeks ago (I usually only pvp) and I got a hoard on my first time. How does that make you feel?

That comment explains ur name :P

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I think i got mine on the 25th kill or so. Its nice having a unique longbow skin that not so many have

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

meh got my first after 400 or so, got a second a hundred later, stuff happens. I do it for the 2 guaranteed gold first character of your account with 1 guaranteed for every other character on your account that does it that day, tons of rare for ectos, tons of karma.
A nice skin is nice but teq is the best single event out there right now and you personally have 600 gold minimum from doing it.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

I decided to gather 100 exotic Dragon Chest and see what the drop rate was. Got 4 acended chests including the hord, a stack of ectos, 12 exotics and 2 stacks of 200 luck.

I guess someone should do 1000 chests and see if the drop rate holds.

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

Was “farming” horde everyday for some time and never gotten one and finally i stopped caring and doing teq only once in a while when i was bored. Today I`ve done Teq due to Sparkly Fen event daily and got my first horde. It was a nice surprise, I even forgot i could get special skin there :p

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Don’t you mean “hoard”?

Posted by: GreyerSkies.6287

GreyerSkies.6287

I’d love the Sunless axe skin, but I’ve done Teq almost daily for a while now and no sign of a hoard. One of the chests did drop Entropy recently, though.

Don’t you mean “hoard”?

I hope so. A Tequatl Horde would be unstoppable!

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

It’s an account bound ascended weapon. I got more of those doing pvp. Why is anet so kitten stingy with teq horde drops? I just want one horde, is that so much to ask?

It’s because the skin is meant to be rare, so if you get one everyone wants just one…then everyone has one and it’s not rare any more.

If it makes you feel any better my alt account also got one on its 4th run much to my mains annoyance xD. It’s still sitting in the inventory unopened

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

I done it for a year, Commanded it at every reset in the EU and got nothing. Then suddenly in the space of two months I have gotten two Hoards and two normal Ascended chests.
Needless to say I rubbed it in my Guildies faces when I got the second one since they done it to me when they got their first.

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

I do Teq all the time, usually 4 times a week if not every day. I maybe got 3 exotics and his mini out of him after doing it for about 8-12 months. My friend just got to 80, I helped him do teq once, and he got an Ascended chest.

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah OP. You’re not going to get a hoard.

I do this event almost every reset with a map full of people. It’s rare for even one person to ping this item afterwards, which gives you an idea of how low the drop rate is. I don’t even know how often I’ve done it. No hoard, not even once. I’ve resigned myself to never getting it and do it for other reasons.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

But if your alt got one, didn’t you technically get one?

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

But if your alt got one, didn’t you technically get one?

He probobly meant alt account meaning it’s on a farming account that is never really used.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Keeep tryingggggg i did every day since its release pretty much. Got a hoard two or three weeks ago.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Don’t you mean “hoard”?

I hope so. A Tequatl Horde would be unstoppable!

Nah, Teq is like ninja. As long as there’s just one, he’s dangerous. If there’s a horde of them, they’re one-hit kills. In the case of ninja, there apparently can only be so much ninja awesome in one place at one time. In the case of Teq, the powers-that-be have decreed that there can only be so much bad breath in one place at one time.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Never give up, never surrender! And enjoy the gold a long the way.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

not 3 weeks ago I farmed over 250 champ bags and got no exotics at all and just around 13 rares..

absolutely pathetic and only reinforces my opinion that Champ loot is a total waste of time and almost completely unrewarding

Those drops aren’t surprising. Exotics are about 1 in 300 champ bags. That means if you get 10 champ bags a day (which I got as a minimum back when I ran SE 1 & 3 daily) you will get an exotic every month. Of course if you increase the drop rate of exotics they become less desirable, and people complain that there are even fewer desirable items.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If you mean hoard, then probably not.

Being ascended items, their chances to drop are lower than your chances of winning the lottery without having a ticket.

The issue must be addressed on the rewards themselves. Rather than making them completely random, there should be two additional methods to RNG: One for dedication, one for ‘skill’.

• For dedication, some sort of ‘consolation price’ token that can be accumulated and once having enough of them, they can be exchanged for the price you want if you are unlucky. Probably making a nearby NPC related to the event into a vendor that exchanges the tokens for the price. Like how the vendor for the Claw opens shop after the event, but using the token instead gold.
  • For skill, completing all the Tequatl achievements should also grant one hoard instead just giving “The Sunbringer” title. Since once it’s done it’s much easier to do it again, this would be a one time thing.

One reward system alone is always bad the “Skill, Dedication, Luck” trio always feels better, more rewarding.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)