So I made a Legendary

So I made a Legendary

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Robinschultz.9652

Robinschultz.9652

Now what? Go back to running dungeons again? Create a new character?

For me getting a legendary was more of a accomplishment, an achievement sorta say.
It was nice swinging that Frostfang around for a couple of days, now it is just another Axe skin.
So to those that also made a legendary and are still playing. What keeps YOU playing?

Get Crit!

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

friends……….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Keep setting goals. Get your weapon crafts to 500 and start preparing for ascended armor crafting.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

Adrenaline flow while fighting together against others in wvw/spvp?
Emotion when a new content surprise me?
Discussing, joking and learning with in-game friends?

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

The living story helps with new content. But, it’s not really what keeps me playing.

Pretty much anymore i just do a few dailys and WvW. I always enjoyed pvp in many other games, it’s ok in GW2 but it could be improved. Thats really the end game to all MMO’s, PVP. Once you got ur look and top stats, really all thats left is to use your mad skills to murder as many players as you can, and look cool doing it.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Getting more legendaries…

R.I.P Kumu <3

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

What’s next is up to you.
I play doing activities I want because I enjoy them. People can list suggestions all day long here and it all be stuff you dont like. You’ve obviously played the game a while and know what all is in it, so find the things you enjoy and do them.
If its simply the case of needing a carrot, just wait a little bit for Ascended armor.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I made Sunrise two days ago, and well, now I have a heavy debt that’s keeping me in here, along with friends to fund.

So yeah, I’m sticking around for a while

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I set my own goals. By constantly having a goal I never get bored.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Community keeps me playing. I love my guild.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

well , i have two legendary Weapons .. in a week or 2 it will be 3.

I have 6 lvl 80 ( 2 Guard , Engie , Ranger , Necro , Mesmer )

I have done map completion 3 times , im also Dungeon Master.

I have started a Thief and i still have to learn Warrior and Ele…

after that i have no idea what im going to do ….. i hope for new maps

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Make another one and dual wield.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Become an Achievement hound… see if you can complete everything. I only have a bit under 5K AP, but I think the top achievement honors go to someone with over 16K on my server. You can check the leaderboards and set a goal. I am slow, and I will probably hit 16K about the time they release GW3 (ha ha) and then go from there.

Or, you can craft to 500 for Ascended gear.

Or you can see if you can fraps every vista.

Or you can make a level 80 of each profession.

Or you can run dungeons.

Or you can complete all the LS metas as they come out.

Or, you can find something that interests you. Depending on someone else’s idea of fun will only frustrate you.

Level 80 Elementalist

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Pretty much this game is similar to Guild Wars 1 where you need to set your own goals and work on them. Yours was making one legendary. You could have the goal of one of each Legendary. Or 100% map completion on each character. Or getting all Living Story achieves. Or getting 100% on Weapon Mastery on each weapon, including ones like shield and focus. And so on.

Guild Wars 1 was mostly a title hunt game. This game it set up in a very similar manner.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I’m crafting ascended weapons for my mesmer (so far have GS, and 2 one-hand swords done, now working on staff). Working on my second legendary, minstrel (already have Metereologicus). In another month or so we will be able to craft ascended gear so I’m stacking components now.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I’ve been enjoying pvp a lot (can’t wait for legendary weapons to be in there) and am trying to get into wvw to enjoy my legendary weps more. Otherwise getting ready to for ascended armor and making my next legendary (hopefully one of the new ones).

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

This is one of those games that’s lacking clear things to do, so you need to create your own.

WvW is basically the end game imo I guess.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Pretty much this game is similar to Guild Wars 1 where you need to set your own goals and work on them. Yours was making one legendary. You could have the goal of one of each Legendary. Or 100% map completion on each character. Or getting all Living Story achieves. Or getting 100% on Weapon Mastery on each weapon, including ones like shield and focus. And so on.

Guild Wars 1 was mostly a title hunt game. This game it set up in a very similar manner.

Precisely.

I’ve seen that tendency where people would just hunt for a Legendary ASAP, farming like crazy, and then stop playing once they acquire it, as if the Legendary was the be all-end all of the game. OF COURSE it’s a valid goal, but if the game isn’t fun why play it in the first place? Legendaries are nice, but not GW2’s sole “endgame”.

I believe GW2 may have many healthy years ahead, and I consider the “personal story” (not the living story, which are more like “real time” side quests, at least as currently constituted-though who knows, they may lead to more “personal stories”) a good reason to keep playing. To see how the Universe’s lore will unfold. Krakaltorrik, Jormag, Primordus, and others are still around, and there are MANY map zones that are not accessible at this time (under construction, most likely.) In short, the game is alive, the universe is vibrant, and I am sure there’s much more to achieve and accomplish for years to come (beyond mere achievement points, puzzles, fluff, etc. which are also good for the well-being and future of the game.)

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

Adrenaline flow while fighting together against others in wvw/spvp?
Emotion when a new content surprise me?
Discussing, joking and learning with in-game friends?

^ +1 this

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

WvW and PvP keep me going.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Make goals and reassess when you reach them.

__

I wanted to get a great skin for a weapon that I used all the time – staff for guardian. So I made Bifrost in November.

After seeing how fabulous I look, I then made it my goal to become the richest, most exuberant player on my server at that time (Yaks Bend). A Liberace, if you will.

So I made Sunrise in December. Was immediately satisfied with my Bifrost/Sunrise combo since I’m a guardian and I would use GS/Staff all the time. My dye make-up looked fabulous.

But I felt like I was missing something – the most underrated legendary in the game – FSP.

So I made FSP in January. But then I realized that since I have 3 legendaries, why stop there? I have to go all the way and get all the legendary weapons that I would use within reason on my guardian.

At this point Anet started to nerf farming so it became much harder to make money. So I resorted to speculation/investing heavily on the TP.

Then around August, when they made the updated legendary changes, I decided to cash out all my assets worth +4000G and made Metereologicus and Twilight (which led to Eternity).

So now at this point I have a tricked out guardian with 5 legendaries and multiple exotic sets.

I’m not sure if I ever did reach my goal of wealthiest player on Yaks Bend, but I did transfer to SoR about 3 months ago and I got nothing on the guy with +11 legendaries, but I think I was at least in top 5 on Yaks.

Throughout my GW2 lifetime I also have set and (nearly) met many goals:
-Make all 5 races to 80
-Make all classes to 80 (only missing necro)
-Reach WvW rank 230 (to get Guard Leech & Fortitude)
-Reach 10K AP

I feel like I have won the game after setting and meeting these difficult goals. I have spent so much money and time on this game, I do not have any regrets taking a leave from GW2. After all, BF4 is coming out tomorrow and I cannot wait to destroy some noobs.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I’m not sure if I ever did reach my goal of wealthiest player on Yaks Bend, but I did transfer to SoR about 3 months ago and I got nothing on the guy with +11 legendaries, but I think I was at least in top 5 on Yaks.

How can you measure or even tell that you are in the top 5 or even top 100 on a specific server ?

pfffff…….

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I enjoy PvP and WvW, plus all my friends. PvE is ok, can be a nice break from the other stuff.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Ona Demonie.7401

Ona Demonie.7401

I’m working my ways towards Sunrise, but I plan on making The Minstrel next year. However, I do need a small break after I craft Sunrise. I have Wind Waker HD, Pokemon X, AC4, and Beyond: Two Souls that I still need to play. The only reason I’m constantly on and constantly trying to earn gold is to craft Sunrise, but I will always love GW2. Once I have Sunrise, I’ll still play, but I won’t pour as many hours on the weekends (I’ll spend the entire day and night playing. I do want to play other games, haha). My short term goal after Sunrise is to change out my Ascended Gear from Zerker to Celestial, and work towards my 5k AP.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Personally, I’ve been exploring sPvP (just got rank 30 for wolf emote and can now get 15slot bags for free essentially).

I’m also working on getting my alts weapons that work for them…not legendaries, though.

I help guildies and gf with dailies in PvE and also take part in new content…

Plan on working on getting my fractal level up so that I can start gearing out in ascended stuff…really, I do what I want

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

friends……….

^ This guy gets it. =) Im here for the friends and guildies. I just made my second Legendary, and it still doesn’t get old when you play with the right people!

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Robinschultz.9652

Robinschultz.9652

My bad for not responding, playing GTA 5 for now so am a little non-active towards GW2.
I do understand that making your own goals and objectives is the way to go in guild wars. I have over 80 months on my Guild Wars 1 account so I know where am going.

I already have Dungeon Master, am at 8600+ achievement points, I completed every meta achievement from past living world content, except for the new TA path ( screw you scarlet ) I have 2 level 80 characters with 100% world completion. Tier 1-2-3 Cultural armor on both my 80’s. Unique weapon skins.

What else is left? Most of my in-game friends either left the game or just log in to do the daily and run some CoF/SE and be done with it again, and I can’t blame them. Because doing world bosses for the 500th time tends to get boring ( same for dungeons )

Get Crit!

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Dont log back in. Keep yourself upto date with the LS but dont come back in for a few months. Hope that when you come back its a different world and not just the same place with LS just a publicity stunt

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

Back in February when I first found GW2 and started playing, the first thing I said was “I’m getting a legendary”. Five or so months later I had accomplished my goal due to a large amount of luck and a great guild. That was the only goal I set out for myself in the game.

After that I largely stopped doing PvE, except to fund my WvW habit. What kept me playing this game was my guild and WvW. That’s why I logged in every night.

Eventually due to some strong differences of opinion the guild I had been part of the last 6 months broke up. I bounced around a few other guilds, but I had lost my reason to play. I would log in every now and then to solo roam on my thief in WvW, and I ran into few people I made good friends with. Eventually with the loss of my faith in Anet after the nerfing into the ground of my favorite profession among other things I finally put down the game.

I came back to check out the patch on the 15th, even with the disappointment it turned out to be I still logged back in. I ran into some old friends and starting playing again.

tl;dr: Friends.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Great thing about GW2 you don’t have to cancel. You can be on the backburner and rest for a while. It’s all here when you get back from playing other games and having a normal life. This game doesn’t want to be that MMO where you play it religiously for 2 years and then burn out and hate it irrationally^_^

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

I don’t know man, 2 legendaries, asc dagger, 4 lvl 80s still bored.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Exploration keeps me playing although I have achieved 100% World Completion. I had always had my camera angle down and I never saw much the beauty of Tyria. I like the minor details they placed in the game. I also did not know that the Mad King’s moon is visible from Lion’s Arch during Halloween.

So I made a Legendary

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

The game costs nothing to play after the initial purchase. That is what is keeping me playing.