So I read every class forum..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: voldermord.3027

voldermord.3027

..and found them all basically saying: “my class sucks” or “pof skills are useless”

Came back after a year hiatus due to PoF email, forged my 3rd legendary Flameseeker Prophecies and amassed 80 mastery points in 2 weeks (since preorder opened).

Now I’m just a tiny bit bored of my Guardian and looking for another class to play while grinding out those mastery points, achievements and stuff for Astralaria before PoF release and now I’m more lost then ever??!

All my Guardian ever does now is scepter symbol spam in HoT to attain event progression. Is there any class that has some style, versatility or uniqueness that does not involve spamming 1 or 2 skills and has 33% passive movespeed..?

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Ranger at 80 can get the 33% and I run a condi hybrid with GS and Shortbow. More than just mashing 1 or 2 buttons as no condi…slow kill. Keeps the boredom down.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Ranger?

15 char

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

In the open world everything is 2 keys really.

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Ranger is probably one of the worst culprits of lazy gameplay in Open world PvE, it is notorious for it, I have no idea why it is being recommended. Plus he asked for style, not some nature hobo.

If you want active game play that isn’t a few buttons (which sadly most things are in open world cause it’s non-intensive) run something like Engineer or Ele. They will at least be more than a few button presses in open world.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Flatley.1620

Ranger is probably one of the worst culprits of lazy gameplay in Open world PvE, it is notorious for it, I have no idea why it is being recommended. Plus he asked for style, not some nature hobo.

If you want active game play that isn’t a few buttons (which sadly most things are in open world cause it’s non-intensive) run something like Engineer or Ele. They will at least be more than a few button presses in open world.

Thats a matter of opinion and anyone can be “lazy”. You should not tar everyone with same brush.

The ranger, like other classes, can vary up their play; from being pure damage to condi and add traps into the mix. Plus, pet management stuff.

As far ad the emgi is concerned, granted, it has a great range of varirty but, on a personal note, I gave mine up when targetable turrets hot the kibosh.

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

i mean i enjoy playing ele. You don’t necessarily need to but you could do a full skill rotation when playing pve getting down all the blasts finishers on fire fields and just rain death. This is for everything but staff gameplay. And if you ever feel lazy you could always do the two skill spam, it’ll get the job done slower.

PistolWhip.2697

Thats a matter of opinion and anyone can be “lazy”. You should not tar everyone with same brush.

The ranger, like other classes, can vary up their play; from being pure damage to condi and add traps into the mix. Plus, pet management stuff.

As far ad the emgi is concerned, granted, it has a great range of varirty but, on a personal note, I gave mine up when targetable turrets hot the kibosh.

I was in the opposite boat. Was very pleased with the Turret erasing, I just hope they take them out the game entirely, but that’s highly unlikely.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

Just try a few things. Mesmer, or Elementalist are great to play. Don’t pay too much attention to the class forums. Every class thinks their class got screwed with the most, often not even making sense. It’s funny. Feedback is one thing, but the amount of negativity (including name-calling, use of weird arguments, etc) on these subforums….da-amn. I tried to do the same since I play multiple chars, but after reading so much negativity I don’t even bother anymore. There are better sources to learn a certain class Have fun with your choice!

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The most “unique” is probably power mesmer. The domination line isn’t so hot in the overworld, so if you run dueling/illusions/chrono, you get a class that is a bit difficult to play but nonetheless is quite fun. Chronomancer has a 25% movement speed buff innate.

Though IMO if you’re just using scepter symbol spam, you’re not doing it right. The guardian is really good at being in the thick of it. Whether you use sword, greatsword, or even hammer, in the overworld you can continuously melee nearly everything. Greatsword has the most elaborate rotations, but it also has the highest burst.

The thief is another class with complicated play. It doesn’t have rotations so much as it has a series of skills you use to dodge hits and maintain aggression.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: SunTzu.4513

SunTzu.4513

I was getting bored by my necro, so i try out the mesmer. Now he will be my new main. Love to get into close combat with sword/shield/focus. Also carry a gs with me sometimes it’s better to keep a little bit of range. Yes imo mesmer is not faceroll to play but it makes so much fun not to faceroll the content all the time. Playing Dom/Duel/Chrono mostly sometimes i switch Dom or Duel for Illu or Inspiration, depends on the situation.

PistolWhip.2697

The thief is another class with complicated play. It doesn’t have rotations so much as it has a series of skills you use to dodge hits and maintain aggression.

Not in PvE it doesn’t. I say this not begrudging Thief, as I am a Thief main and in PvP yes it is a highly skill oriented profession/team role, but in PvE it is very simplistic.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Flatley.1620

I was in the opposite boat. Was very pleased with the Turret erasing, I just hope they take them out the game entirely, but that’s highly unlikely.

Interesting! Why do you think that? Both for the turret deployment thing and their abolition?

PistolWhip.2697

Interesting! Why do you think that? Both for the turret deployment thing and their abolition?

I just hate AI. It’s also the reason I avoid playing ranger (but am loving Soulbeast so I can perma stow pets), and phantasm styles of mesmer.

Personally, I find it a cheesy way to play, and I hate feeling like i didn’t do the work in beating someone, it was the AI that did it for me.

As far as thematic, I also think turrets are lame. I’m more about the ‘Gadget fighter with guns’ sorta style. I love kits, and such.

Thus is my preference.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

I switched from ranger to thief because I was bored of ez mode longbow in open world pve, but didn’t want to go for condi. Loving it so far, especially once I finally got Daredevil fully unlocled and practiced with the staff a bit.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!