So, I shouldnt return?

So, I shouldnt return?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheFlizzle.2873

TheFlizzle.2873

I was going to reinstall the game later tonight, but there is so much negativity on the forums. Is it bad? Is the game empty? I never got past level 40, but always enjoyed the game. Is it not fun anymore?

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Why did you never get past level 40? The levelling process is now a lot more tedious, so if that was the reason why you quit, then it has only gotten worse.

So, I shouldnt return?

TheFlizzle.2873

Real life got in the way. I am married with children and play a few other games. Been bored in my free time lately and thought Id revisit.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

cant you form your own opinions?

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

If you’ve already gotten to level 40, you’ll be past 95% of the new level-gating mechanics and your leveling experience should be fairly similar to it’s pre-patch status (though you will not have all of your traits unlocked, unless you created the character before the beginning of the summer)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Don’t return.
They added time-gate restrictions the the leveling, so now getting your character to level 80 will be a chore.

You’re better off buying another MMO instead.

So, I shouldnt return?

TheFlizzle.2873

I have had the game since launch. Suppose I will look elsewhere for entertainment. Thanks for the opinions.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I was going to reinstall the game later tonight, but there is so much negativity on the forums. Is it bad? Is the game empty? I never got past level 40, but always enjoyed the game. Is it not fun anymore?

It’s not bad at all really, the alt leveling thing is the only thing from this and the previous feature pack that’s a bit wonky and expensive apparently. The post level 40 experience is probably better tho they could do with a reduction in cost of traits.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Yeah, decide for yourself. Even for those who dislike the changes, it’s still a great game.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Reinstall the game and don’t uninstall it again. That way, you can just patch, get in the game, and judge for yourself.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It won’t cost you anything but a bit of time (and maybe hard drive space) to come see if you enjoy it or not. So why not? There are a number of fun changes to go with the more questionable ones. Only you can decide if it’s a fun way to use spare time.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Alasia.9502

Alasia.9502

Don’t waste your time or money on this game go find another one.

“An ill-fated love.”

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Reinstall the game and don’t uninstall it again. That way, you can just patch, get in the game, and judge for yourself.

I want to note – there are reasons to uninstall games you don’t intend to go back to. Primarily if space limitation is an issue, as GW2 isn’t small.

To OP:

I don’t think you’ll find things all that terrible, save for the trait issues (which, really, aren’t all that different from traits before except for the unlocking path). I’d offer to try helping but I don’t know what server you’re on.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

It’s not bad at all really, the alt leveling thing is the only thing from this and the previous feature pack that’s a bit wonky and expensive apparently. The post level 40 experience is probably better tho they could do with a reduction in cost of traits.

there’s always somebody who takes this opinion

but honestly, as somebody who is not mentally challenged… yes it is that bad. go elsewhere till this fix this debacle.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

The patch has been, for the most part, an abysmal failure. Any good it brought is completely overshadowed by everything outright terrible about it.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Depends. What’s your stance on dancing for cows?

The table is a fable.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

there’s always somebody who takes this opinion

but honestly, as somebody who is not mentally challenged… yes it is that bad. go elsewhere till this fix this debacle.

Have you tried the system yourself. What don’t you like about it. I find that there are a lot of misconceptions regarding the level gating. See the following post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Misconceptions-regarding-Level-gating/first#post4391430

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

So, I shouldnt return?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I preferred cow tipping until I learned it’s dangerous for the cows. So now I just eat more steak.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

So, I shouldnt return?

TheFlizzle.2873

I never uninstalled the game, rather I have a new computer that I havent installed it on. Perhaps I will try it out anyways. I suppose game forums may be like most areas of life, people who are displeased are more likely to post on them. Though, maybe not.

Sorry, I dont remember what server I was on.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Play for yourself and decide for yourself. If you are a new player, it may not bother you. Veterans, however, are mostly not pleased.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

So, I shouldnt return?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I never uninstalled the game, rather I have a new computer that I havent installed it on. Perhaps I will try it out anyways. I suppose game forums may be like most areas of life, people who are displeased are more likely to post on them. Though, maybe not.

Sorry, I dont remember what server I was on.

If it’s Stormbluff, be aware you may see me wandering about areas trying to actually play the game instead of thinking about playing it.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

You might enjoy it if you got the IQ of a potato.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

It’s fantastic you’ve got a wife and children.

If I were you, I’d wait till your children grow up and then play GW3 with them instead. Just wait for it. GW2’s totally dumbed down now.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

Depends. Did you play for the Personal Story? If so, then I wouldn’t play. The changes to the PS are unneeded and, quit frankly, ruin it.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

Real life got in the way. I am married with children and play a few other games. Been bored in my free time lately and thought Id revisit.

That’s the exact same reason my friends stopped playing videogames altogether.

So, I shouldnt return?

TheFlizzle.2873

I did love the personal story. Is that gone now?

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

No, not completely gone. But parts of it are, and the end bits are out of order now.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

So, I shouldnt return?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

No, not completely gone. But parts of it are, and the end bits are out of order now.

Well they had the order reshuffled, probably based on difficulty? I don’t recall enough of the play of the story bits to remember.

I do remember few of them really were a problem for my first character, but then I did everything after “Claw Island” after I hit 80% world completion, and thus was 80 . . . my guardian on the other hand . . . yeah, doing story parts as soon as they came up bit her cute norn behind rather hard.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I preferred cow tipping until I learned it’s dangerous for the cows. So now I just eat more steak.

Heh. I grew up on a farm. We had black angus and later on some angus/hereford hybrids. They would not have been particularly entertained by dancing, cheering, bowing, or frequent baths, but they did enjoy being fed hay in the winter, which is why we baled lots and lots of it and kept it in barns.

I suspect no one at anet (who is in a position of authori-tai) has ever climbed up in a barn loft to throw hay down to cows, or knows what cows smell like, or has even been in an actual rural area.

Anyway. If I had a free character slot I’d be tempted to make a character named ‘Dances With Cows’. :-D

The table is a fable.

So, I shouldnt return?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Anyway. If I had a free character slot I’d be tempted to make a character named ‘Dances With Cows’. :-D

Bonus points if you can make him look like Kevin Costner.

And if I had a free character slot I’d be working on playing through this stuff right now instead of what I am doing – sitting idle and helping people out while checking in here and waiting for that AC motor to get fixed.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Eh… I really think you should try it yourself, but odds are if you only made it to level 40 before, you won’t even make it to 20 now.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

With replies like this, can’t blame you for leaving.

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Personally I feel you shouldn’t take anyone’s word for what you will or will not enjoy. The best thing about this game is that you can drop it and pick it up with no penalty or sub fees to pay. Pick it up, try it out, see if it holds your interest. It doesn’t matter what 50 other people say. It’s your experience that counts.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

So, I shouldnt return?

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

With replies like this, can’t blame you for leaving.

What replies are you expecting? Simple answer for a simple question. Since OP didn’t specify what is he’s expecting/looking for in the game, he’s the only who really knows if he should return.