So TIRED of being a rag-doll!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: toxianguardian.4850

toxianguardian.4850

I am so fed up with being yanked around, pushed around, knocked down, chilled, crippled, stunned, anything and everything they PACK into every godkitten zone to prevent me from doing something so SIMPLE as trying to get to my party! It’s REALLY getting out of hand, and just made it all too easy to switch off the game tonight and watch a movie instead.

Wanna pack a dungeon with all that stuff? HAVE AT IT, I definetely feel we should have to get smart to skip all those trash mobs!

But in the open world? C’mon ANET, give a dude a break, those are some big effing zones to be getting messed with the WHOLE way to your party.

Please tone it down.

/rant off

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I am so fed up with being yanked around, pushed around, knocked down, chilled, crippled, stunned, anything and everything they PACK into every godkitten zone to prevent me from doing something so SIMPLE as trying to get to my party! It’s REALLY getting out of hand, and just made it all too easy to switch off the game tonight and watch a movie instead.

Wanna pack a dungeon with all that stuff? HAVE AT IT, I definetely feel we should have to get smart to skip all those trash mobs!

But in the open world? C’mon ANET, give a dude a break, those are some big effing zones to be getting messed with the WHOLE way to your party.

Please tone it down.

/rant off

Step 1: Make an engineer.
Step 2: Equip slick shoes and rocket boots.
Step 3: Use super speed and rocket boots.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Equip yourself in berserker gear. All the open world mobs(not veteran and up) die in a couple seconds. Gives you a chance at getting some materials along the way too.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Dodging works wonders, as well. Or, ask your party to play in a zone you have Waypoints open in, or to help you open the maps where you do not. /shrug

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Yeah, that doesn’t quite work very well for, say, the Labirynth, where literally every mob has a push/pull/root on a stupidly short cooldown.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

you could try killing the enemies instead of running past them

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yet, in the Labyrinth, people do manage to make their way to the group/Commander tag, whatever. Otherwise, there would seldom be a ‘zerg’. It just takes some practice to be able to run past enemies/kill them/know when to stop/avoid/fight.

Otherwise, everything would be much like the Level 2-3 zones, I guess. /shrug

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

It’s an annoyance and could use a little reduction in some areas.

I recall Rift had a similar situation earlier on with mob aggro radius and insta-dismounting of players when attacked, they scaled back some things and it made all the difference.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It was a very annoying problem in Orr before they reduced the enemy spawns and it’s still annoying to run through those areas despite how they changed it.

There’s no reason why every mob in a given area needs to have a cc type skill. It doesn’t make the game more challenging or fun to play, it just makes it annoying and tedious to play.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Part of the reason it’s so bad is because (afaik) there’s no diminishing returns on CC. At least not in PvE. Which means you can break stun/whatever, but they will keep spamming you with CC. I’ve had moments in open world before where I’m trying to run through a cluster of spiders and it’s nearly non-stop root.

Nothing particularly compelling about such content. It’s just a matter of learning how to be powerful enough that they won’t kill you easily (aka: not being too low level), or popping all your cooldowns to get through them (which isn’t skill at all lol).

I guess there’s well-timed dodges too, that can take some skill. But then you can easily have it happen where you dodge one CC only to get hit by another.

The U word is what I’m looking for: Unforgiving.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Yet, in the Labyrinth, people do manage to make their way to the group/Commander tag, whatever. Otherwise, there would seldom be a ‘zerg’. It just takes some practice to be able to run past enemies/kill them/know when to stop/avoid/fight.

Are you folks having lab problems equipped with traits?

I ask because the lab is pretty EZ. Although a dumb idea, a well equipped 80 should be able to solo most of the content.

Posted by: Cheater.6204

Cheater.6204

I’m going to have to disagree with most of you all. People always complain about the game not being difficult enough and now this? If you want to run past mobs then you need to equip the proper tools to do so. Speed boosters, traveler runes, stability, dodging…really to much to name.

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

Open world stuff is already very easy, including the labyrinth. No need to make it even easier. Stealth, stability, blocks (even aegis), mobility skills, traits that convert conditions to boons – all make it easier. The only thing that is a threat to most people when running the lab is the lab horror. If you need practice running, i recommend Arah (solo the runs to learn) – if you can run Arah, you can probably run anything.

Edit: also, you can just nicely ask for a mesmer to portal you.

(edited by Rainmaker.7594)

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I ask because the lab is pretty EZ. Although a dumb idea, a well equipped 80 should be able to solo most of the content.

Gotta agree here. I’m not a very experienced thief, but in full exotics armor/weapons and rare trinkets (Knight’s armor, Zerk weapons and trinkets) I can easily solo the mobs there aside from the big bosses (Labyrinth guy, the Grand whatever of candy corn). It didn’t take me long to realize that a quick interrupt on the mummies and archer skeletons after a single shot to aggro them, or a quick dodge a second after the first hit would easily interrupt/evade their CC and get you an easy kill.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t have any problems running through the Labyrinth, nor do all those others that manage to group up together to make a ‘zerg’. Which is what I posted, in answer to the person who claimed one could not travel through the Lab….lol.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

if you are talking about the mummies in Lab… Learn their teles before you dodge. If they CC you, kill them. Bring you Break stuns (every profession has some). Learn the paths where you can avoid aggro, etc. Yes you need to get smarter if you are going to skip “trash” mobs. They aren’t designed to be skipped. They are there to be killed.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I do feel for the OP i think he bumped into a group of mummies in labyrinth n got rekt

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

There’s a party in your instance? Lucky

Sorry for the snark but didn’t we used to be in a queue for the main instance when in the Lab overflows? I’ve zoned in and out 6 times now and there’s nobody in there

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Sorry for the snark but didn’t we used to be in a queue for the main instance when in the Lab overflows? I’ve zoned in and out 6 times now and there’s nobody in there

Yes. It’s not such a big deal now. Most have run it numerous times.

Should pick up again late Thursday, continuing through Friday just because it will be Halloween : )

I zoned in thrice and found an excellent zerg tonight. Third times the charm. It developed slowly. At first just a couple of us. Then enough that a Charr popped the command tag and we went wild.

This is the kinda stuff that makes GW2 a fun game.

Posted by: archdemonXIII.7063

archdemonXIII.7063

I agree with OP. CC isn’t usually hard to deal with, it’s just annoying. If the only way you can make things difficult is to prevent the player from playing, you are guilty of poor design.

Labjax.2465

If you are having trouble finding a lab group, check LFG open world. Usually a lot of taxis going on.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

Bring some stability or something.

Adapt and overcome.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If the only way you can make things difficult is to prevent the player from playing, you are guilty of poor design.

There are not enough upvotes in all the forums on all the internet for this statement.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you’re alone in the Labyrinth, sure, you can get knocked around a bit. Solution: follow the design of the instance and group (the LFG tool works well for this). If you don’t want to do that, then bring stability, try to avoid tackling more than a few foes (of certain types) at once, and learn the tells; it’s possible to be nearly entirely CC-free.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

That’s the reason for why they have all those control skills, the mobs are designed to engage you, even if you don’t want to engage them.

archdemonXIII.7063

That’s the reason for why they have all those control skills, the mobs are designed to engage you, even if you don’t want to engage them.

There are other ways to accomplish that. Take Risen Thralls, for example. They engage by being extremely fast and just bulldogging you. That’s the right way to do it: give the enemies more power rather than taking it away from the player.

Before someone resorts to rhetoric, I’m not saying creatures shouldn’t have CC. But it should come at a cost like it does the player. Instead of 5 mummies with the same abilities, have one in the group that uses CC but in return does not put out much damage. Then you get neat things like tactics. (am I able to break CC enough to ignore the CC guy and reduce the heavy hitters or do we need to focus the CC guy ASAP?)

Also, it seems there’s a lot of “I can beat it, therefore it’s fine”mentality. OP didn’t say it was unbeatable, he said it was overused, and I agree. Stop the measuring contest, it helps no one.

Also arguing whether or not the labyrinth can be navigated solo is not the topic. Just saying.

(edited by archdemonXIII.7063)

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

This is why we can’t have nice things. :P

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Use stealth/stability/movement skills/dodges?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Takes a few seconds to reach a group. You can also wait until the zerg passes by. Not an issue.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

We already have difficult trash runs in dungeons (read: Arah). These trash runs are very significantly harder than anything in the open world. If you’re failing trash runs in the open world, or even struggling with them a tiny bit, this is a learn to play issue.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I cannot believe somebody is actually complaining about the open world being hard. This is just beyond me.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I can literally feel the NPE change incoming: Removed everything that could possibly annoy the player. New features: Mobs wont move, attack or interact with the player in any way.

Seriously, I’ve never had any issues with this, even the labyrinth is manageable. The only CC-chain in this game can be found in WvW and is called “a hostile zerg”.

Rauderi.8706

There are other ways to accomplish that. Take Risen Thralls, for example. They engage by being extremely fast and just bulldogging you. That’s the right way to do it: give the enemies more power rather than taking it away from the player.

Before someone resorts to rhetoric, I’m not saying creatures shouldn’t have CC. But it should come at a cost like it does the player. Instead of 5 mummies with the same abilities, have one in the group that uses CC but in return does not put out much damage. Then you get neat things like tactics. (am I able to break CC enough to ignore the CC guy and reduce the heavy hitters or do we need to focus the CC guy ASAP?)

Also, it seems there’s a lot of “I can beat it, therefore it’s fine”mentality. OP didn’t say it was unbeatable, he said it was overused, and I agree. Stop the measuring contest, it helps no one.

Also arguing whether or not the labyrinth can be navigated solo is not the topic. Just saying.

Thiiiiis. Sorry, I couldn’t put it more elegantly, but this has been a major-minor gripe about GW2 for me for a long while. I can beat the mobs when they come up (in Labyrinth I’m usually taking on several enemies at a time), but it’s just irritating that certain enemies not only spam it as the first thing they do (did they learn this from bearbows, I wonder?), but often times the enemies have it in a superior fashion to players.

I know I’d love to have a 3-5 second knockdown on a 20-second cooldown. (hint, hammer, hint)

From a game design sense, taking control away from a player for more than a second or two is just bad.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

archdemonXIII.7063

This is why we can’t have nice things. :P

I would say the reason we can’t have nice things is because anytime someone points out an issue with the manner that difficulty is implemented, people come out of the woodwork to puff up their chests and point out how they don’t find it difficult, thus completely missing the point.

There will never be truly challenging content as long as gamers demand that developers design rigidly inside the box. The current system isn’t sustainable because"more difficult" can be easily resolved by “bring more stun breaks/condi cleanse.”

I for one wouldn’t mind a real challenge instead of 8-bit enemies with a 32-bit coat of paint.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Please tone it down.

/rant off

People are gonna say Stability & Condi Clear (didn’t read past 1st) but if you think it’s bad on dungeons, WvW can be much worst.

SWTOR uses what they call a “Resolve Bar” basically when you get any CC on you a bar fills up and when it’s full you’re immune to CC for a period of time.
Kinda like Defiance that Champs have.

Players could definitely use something like that too because like you said, it’s annoying beyond believe.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’d rather the mobs be annoying. They’re helping me fine tune positioning I can use in PVP for cc outnumbers.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

It was a very annoying problem in Orr before they reduced the enemy spawns and it’s still annoying to run through those areas despite how they changed it.

There’s no reason why every mob in a given area needs to have a cc type skill. It doesn’t make the game more challenging or fun to play, it just makes it annoying and tedious to play.

You have to be joking, Orr is so easy now…you can literally run from one end the other without ever drawing aggro, let along having to deal with any of the mobs cc or kd skills. I much preferred they way it was at release, at least then it was a little bit more of a challenge, now, it’s to kittening easy.

As for the OP, I don’t know any area in the open world that has this problem, not even the caves loaded with spiders. Once they all pop their cc on you, they’re done until it recharges, plenty of time to get away, or even dodge roll through it and make them waste it. The mobs aren’t intelligent enough to use it one at a time, as if you have more than 2 they will all use it at once.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

All these people telling us how good they are at the game, maybe I read a different post or the OP edited it but I don’t remember them saying it was too difficult. They said they were fed up with it as am I. I roll my eyes when I get pinballed about or chain knockdowned on my Necro. There are other ways to make things difficult other than turning the player into a spectator but that’s not my job to come up with these things.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I know exactly what the OP is saying and I feel the same. And everyone saying “just kill the mobs” is missing the point. The OP is trying to meet up with his party. If you stop to kill mobs, even if you do it really fast, you can’t do it as fast as the party. If they are with a zerg, you don’t want to ask them to leave the zerg to help you meet up with everyone faster. So yea, its a pain. But I do think it is WAI in the Labyrinth to stop people from just going door to door.

What would be nice in GW2 is something to teleport a person to his party. They have them in many MMOs. Doesn’t work in dungeons but in the open world.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

When running:; Equip condition cleanse, equip stability. Done

Also, did anyone else think of Aerosmith from the title?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

When running:; Equip condition cleanse, equip stability. Done

uhm… no, missing the point u are.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

So few people use condi removal and/or stun breaks.
Everyone is like, ‘berkserker all the way, omg I cant move and kb is op’.
seriously, if you are having problems running from halloween mobs, just use more skills that help you get away, instead of skills that help you kill. fun bonus is that those skills help you fight instead of spending half the battle immobilized in the corner. Sometimes I’ll run with as much as 4 stun breaks (which have other uses as well), and there will still be times I want more.

Rainmaker.7594

As an engineer, I can load up on plenty of CC (I have a short cd one on rifle 4). Why shouldn’t certain types of enemies be able to do the same thing? Why do we players have to be 1000x more powerful than mobs?

edit: and yes, I can do it without noticable dps loss (Big ol’ Bomb is one of the hardest hitting skills in the game)

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It is quite evident and quite frustrating in the Mad King’s Labyrinth when you have skeleton archers and mummies mixed together in close proximity. The mummy pulls, the skeleton blows you back, rinse and repeat. Rather then give mobs new skills they fall back to a “deus ex machina” and turn us all into “pushmi-pullyus”.

Theftwind (HoD)

Rauderi.8706

As an engineer, I can load up on plenty of CC (I have a short cd one on rifle 4). Why shouldn’t certain types of enemies be able to do the same thing? Why do we players have to be 1000x more powerful than mobs?

edit: and yes, I can do it without noticable dps loss (Big ol’ Bomb is one of the hardest hitting skills in the game)

If it should go both ways, does that mean I can petition to get my hammer a one-hit KO skill?

Many alts; handle it!

Labjax.2465

So few people use condi removal and/or stun breaks.
Everyone is like, ‘berkserker all the way, omg I cant move and kb is op’.
seriously, if you are having problems running from halloween mobs, just use more skills that help you get away, instead of skills that help you kill. fun bonus is that those skills help you fight instead of spending half the battle immobilized in the corner. Sometimes I’ll run with as much as 4 stun breaks (which have other uses as well), and there will still be times I want more.

You sometimes run with 4 stun breaks, while wanting more, around PvE mobs and you don’t see the issue here?

Or words to that effect.

Labjax.2465

It’s not about being more powerful, it’s about irritation. AI doesn’t have feelings and can’t get frustrated at losing control of its character.

Also, we have mobs that are about equal or greater in strength than players: Veterans and Champions.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Well, if you’re not a necro, you at least can pop stability pretty easily. Necro…well…retrait for a grand master, or use an elite to have it for a few seconds anyway. If you are mesmer or thief, just stealth. If you are a necro…well…pray?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Rainmaker.7594

It’s not about being more powerful, it’s about irritation. AI doesn’t have feelings and can’t get frustrated at losing control of its character.

Also, we have mobs that are about equal or greater in strength than players: Veterans and Champions.

Veterans are not anywhere near as powerful as a player. I can stand in one spot, not dodge, and beat most of them very easily. Elites are about equal to players though (with a larger health pool).

As far as what you’re saying about being CC’d is irritating – why do you feel that all content should be afk aa snore-fests? Do you seek no real challenge to be in the game? Last I checked, this is a PC game, not a flash/touch-screen game. PC games tend to be more about challenge, and I for one don’t wanna see that change; If anything, make it more challenging. Maybe enable a special map for people that don’t like pull/knock-back – replace all mobs with elite risen illusionists, hunters, and eles from Arah. See which people prefer

If it should go both ways, does that mean I can petition to get my hammer a one-hit KO skill?

Afaik, the only thing that does that is Crusher in Arah p3. He is a boss, not a regular mob, and as such should be much more powerful than players.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Is OP trolling or have they just not responded back on the thread for a reason? Just don’t know of a single PvE map that cannot be solo’d let alone simply run through. This includes the lab (minus the main bosses which are not really solo-able).

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!