So Triforge?

So Triforge?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Q:

i’m askin since i got 3x of them 1 on my guard,1 on my warrior and 1 on my thief.
currently an ascended ring got 39 to all stats , triforge 40 to all stats
Now ascended amulets come out, maybe for few fractal daily’s, considering that an good party make daily fractals:
in 40 minutes -lvl 10
1 h /lvl 20
1 h /lvl 30
I am going to ask, what will happen with triforge ? considering that cost stay over 100 gold – maybe 130-150
750 piles of crystaline – x8 silver -60g
750 orbs x average 5.5 silver -40-45g
750 gold ignots *0.5 siver – 4g
150 coins x 14 silver -21g
total 130 gold, at an small calculation, where an average player make 1 gold /H farming but can make 3 fractal daily easy.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

So Triforge?

Posted by: BelleroPhone.4238

BelleroPhone.4238

Of course, you will get all your gold back… nah, just kiddin’

So Triforge?

Rayya.2591

na , i don’t want my gold back , i just don’t want to feel punk’d like it happened with guild back pack,after fractals realease , similar stats backpack with guild backpack – 5g now costs 2 silver

no.1 WvW kills

So Triforge?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

If you can afford a triforge now. You can afford when it’s not worth what you paid for it.

It’s like when you buy the most brandest newest TV on the market and 3 months later the price drops 50%. You had it for 3 months before the rest of the people. Enjoy the status symbol.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I think it would be swell if they added a mystic forge recipe to upgrade the triforge to ascended quality.. It is basically the legendary of neck trinkets, after all.

So Triforge?

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

It’s a way of life. You can’t expect compensation just because you had the best item. It’s the same in life, you want a computer with the latest graphic card, go buy one. You can’t expect Nvidia or AMD to say “Hey, you guys who had our previous best graphic card, here take this latest and most powerful graphic card which we just launched for just a top-up of $50”. Yea right.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Upgrade Emerald Pendant to Ascended Knight Amulet.
Upgrade Ruby Pendant to Ascended Beserker Amulet.
Upgrade Sapphire Pendant to Ascended Shamens Amulet.

Upgrade Triforge to a uniquly named Ascended Celestial Amulet. (That shouldn’t be obtainable elsewhere easily).

I want to know whats going to happen to weapons like Foefires Essence and Volcanus, as these require a lot of resources to make and would be tedious if they stayed as exotic. IMO these should be easily upgradable to Ascended.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

So Triforge?

Posted by: Moran Fox.5940

Moran Fox.5940

I was wondering about the same thing. Triforge should be a precursor for an Ascended.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I want to know whats going to happen to weapons like Foefires Essence and Volcanus, as these require a lot of resources to make and would be tedious if they stayed as exotic. IMO these should be easily upgradable to Ascended.

You’ll transmog them.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Such is a progression of a game think of it like this when the game first came out gems where cheep should though who come late get the cheep gems too? Or say legendary precursor at one point they where much lower in price but they have gone up should a person who got a precursor cheep pay for the new cost? Things changes and ppl move on i suggest you do the same or you will always be trapped in a “what could of been” mind set.

Look it at this way for the time that you had a Triforge you got use out of it that use has worth and you payed for such use. Will they remove your Triforge the sec the new necks come into the game? No. Will you still get some use out of your Triforge? Yes.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

So Triforge?

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I don’t think the tv analogy or similar ones are really good here. In those cases, the tv/graphics card/ whatever is later cheaper as a result. However, in this case the triforge is still being sold as price as before.

I personally think items with extreme investment like this should be upgraded to ascended.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

, where an average player make 1 gold /H farming

how can an average player make 1 gold/h ?

So Triforge?

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

By just playing, assuming average is lvl 80 with decent gear. Dungeons make more than that fairly easily.

So Triforge?

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

i’m askin since i got 3x of them 1 on my guard,1 on my warrior and 1 on my thief.
Now ascended amulets come out, maybe for few fractal daily’s, considering that an good party make daily fractals:
in 40 minutes -lvl 10
1 h /lvl 20
1 h /lvl 30
I am going to ask, what will happen with triforge ? considering that cost stay over 100 gold – maybe 130-150
total 130 gold, at an small calculation, where an average player make 1 gold /H farming but can make 3 fractal daily easy.

You have had MONTHS of use out of your Triforge pendant…things change and if you made a Triforge in the last few months it is your own fault – you knew ascended everything was coming out within the next year (not to mention it was obvious they were focusing on accessories first.) The item is STILL unique, but I’m not sure what spec would actually make use of an item with a little bit of each stat instead of concentrated in 3 stats.

So Triforge?

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

Upgrade Triforge to a uniquly named Ascended Celestial Amulet. (That shouldn’t be obtainable elsewhere easily).

Well, see, the thing is, those weapons are SKINS. You can easily get a junk weapon with the same stats with a crap skin for WAY less. So honestly, you’re not paying for the stats, you’re paying for the SKIN. When ascended weapons come out you’ll have to earn one JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE and if you want, you can re-transmute the skin back on to your ascended weapon.

So Triforge?

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

1g/h is VERY low, that would be basically just grinding random creatures in Orr.

Doing CoF p1/2 or AC or Fractals or hell even WvW(if on a good server) will net you EASILY between 2-4g/h.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The basic idea behind ascended eq lies in invalidating all previous BiS gear. Of course current Triforge amulets will become obsolete – that’s the whole point of the “item progression initiative” after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

So Triforge?

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

The basic idea behind ascended eq lies in invalidating all previous BiS gear. Of course current Triforge amulets will become obsolete – that’s the whole point of the “item progression initiative” after all.

Triforge Amulets were already obsolete, as they haven’t got max stats in Power/Precision/Crit Dmg, which is the only viable set of attributes.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

So Triforge?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I thought that was the idea of progression that almost everyone wanted. You have to gear up again.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

It was a small number of players who wanted to constantly grind for better gear because they were use to from the last MMORPG they played. Yet they made the heaviest appearance on the forum for the first two months…

Oh, and most of them are already went on to the next MMORPG by now…

Now Anet is stuck with a system which most of the remaining community doesn’t accept, plans for an audience which is no longer present and with a boatload of problems if they decided to switch course now.

So Triforge?

Astralporing.1957

Triforge Amulets were already obsolete, as they haven’t got max stats in Power/Precision/Crit Dmg, which is the only viable set of attributes.

Now now, if you are trying to troll, do it better. There are some classes that just don’t work good with glass cannon builds.
I do agree that the divinity type stat sets are in general inferior to specialized ones, of course, but Berserker really is NOT the only valid approach.

Actions, not words.

So Triforge?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Many recipes should be upgraded to ascended status, or have recipes to do so. Triforge is a prime example.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

So Triforge?

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Now now, if you are trying to troll, do it better. There are some classes that just don’t work good with glass cannon builds.
I do agree that the divinity type stat sets are in general inferior to specialized ones, of course, but Berserker really is NOT the only valid approach.

I’m not trolling. I kick all non-Warriors from my party. Anyone not wearing full zerkers gear gets kicked. Greatsword or dual-axe only, or kick.

It’s the harsh truth, but any profession/build except for Berserker Warrior is inferior and therefore not viable.

So Triforge?

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

It was a small number of players who wanted to constantly grind for better gear because they were use to from the last MMORPG they played. Yet they made the heaviest appearance on the forum for the first two months…

Oh, and most of them are already went on to the next MMORPG by now…

Now Anet is stuck with a system which most of the remaining community doesn’t accept, plans for an audience which is no longer present and with a boatload of problems if they decided to switch course now.

Kindly cite the source of your said statistics. Where did you get the [b]small number[\b] and [b]most went to other MMO[\b] from?

So Triforge?

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

I’m not trolling. I kick all non-Warriors from my party. Anyone not wearing full zerkers gear gets kicked. Greatsword or dual-axe only, or kick.

It’s the harsh truth, but any profession/build except for Berserker Warrior is inferior and therefore not viable.

I’m guessing you don’t do fractals? =P

So Triforge?

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Well, I guess it shows how little you know. Off-hand axe is the gimp of Warrior weapons. Its DPS is lower than that of MH axe’s auto-attack.

So Triforge?

haviz.1340

Dual axe, emm? Are you really not trolling?

So Triforge?

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Well, I guess it shows how little you know. Off-hand axe is the gimp of Warrior weapons. Its DPS is lower than that of MH axe’s auto-attack.

Dual axe, emm? Are you really not trolling?

Wouldn’t want to miss out on +20% crit chance, would we?

Don’t use F1 when wielding a Greatsword.

So Triforge?

haviz.1340

Because you need offhand axe for eviscerate.

So Triforge?

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Because you need offhand axe for eviscerate.

What? I was talking about Dual Strike. Don’t use up your Adrenaline at all, you need the +12% damage and +9% crit.

So Triforge?

haviz.1340

What? I was talking about Dual Strike. Don’t use up your Adrenaline at all, you need the +12% damage and +9% crit.

You’ve said like you wanted to say that you shouldn’t use burst on GS but on axe. Secondly, 2 warriors have almost perma fury, you don’t need to have one attack that gives it and another which dps is worse than autoattack. Thirdly, bursting is okay when you need to refill endurance (some encounters require intensive dodging).

So Triforge?

Rayya.2591

in 40 minutes -lvl 10
1 h /lvl 20
1 h /lvl 30

You have had MONTHS of use out of your Triforge pendant…things change and if you made a Triforge in the last few months it is your own fault – you knew ascended everything was coming out within the next year (not to mention it was obvious they were focusing on accessories first.) The item is STILL unique, but I’m not sure what spec would actually make use of an item with a little bit of each stat instead of concentrated in 3 stats.

I do not really understand your point,Lis my fault that 1 item will cost 150 hours of farm, and will be less effective that an item that cost 10 hours of farm.
Maybe you want to detail.

no.1 WvW kills

So Triforge?

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Just copy the skin…. you knew things like this were coming

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

So Triforge?

Rayya.2591

1g/h is VERY low, that would be basically just grinding random creatures in Orr.

Doing CoF p1/2 or AC or Fractals or hell even WvW(if on a good server) will net you EASILY between 2-4g/h.

you might make on fractals with mf gear even 5 g/h if you get lucky drops
but constantly 2-4g /h in wvwvw , i doubt, that would result over 30 gold profit /day in wvw in weekend.
I’ve had lucky drops in wvw as well but you cannot take as an base point: that you will get an rare/exotic loot every 50 or 150 kills. and i doubt you make 200 (greens +objectives )in 1 h in wvw
and that would result on top addicted players (12-16 h/day wvw ) 50 gold daily profit

no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

So Triforge?

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

If you’re in a good fractal group, it will take less than an hour. After vendoring everything and selling some rare weapons/armor, I get 1g + for every fractal. That would be even more if I didn’t horde the cores/lodestones I get.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

So Triforge?

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

This is a good eaxmple of a legacy problem created by the post-launch introduction of Ascended items. Items like the Triforge Pendant, Volcanus, Infinite Light, etc. are extremely expensive to craft, but will (inevitably) not have max stats as Ascendeds are rolled out. Due to their expense, I feel like some of these items would have been Ascended if the Ascended rarity was in the game at launch. I hope it’ll be possible to Mystic Forge these items to upgrade their stats.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

So Triforge?

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

in 40 minutes -lvl 10
1 h /lvl 20
1 h /lvl 30

I do not really understand your point,Lis my fault that 1 item will cost 150 hours of farm, and will be less effective that an item that cost 10 hours of farm.

I’ll quote myself ,“things change.” And “The item is STILL unique.” No further explanation is needed.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Vertical progression as requested.

So Triforge?

Rayya.2591

in 40 minutes -lvl 10
1 h /lvl 20
1 h /lvl 30

I’ll quote myself ,“things change.” And “The item is STILL unique.” No further explanation is needed.

So you see the point to spend 130 hours of farming on an mediocre item, that is not even visible, not an skin, when an top item worth 10 hours of farming.
Sounds logical
I still need an logical explanation why would anybody craft triforge after the patch , in his current state

no.1 WvW kills

(edited by Rayya.2591)

So Triforge?

Astralporing.1957

Good question. Of course soon it will apply to all crafted (or Mystic Forged) exotic equipment that will have ascended equivalent.

Actions, not words.

So Triforge?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Of course…

Ascended neclace could just not come with celestial prefix.

Not all prefixes are present for rings. Rings do have celestial, but not….Rampagers for example.

So perhaps necklace will have Rampagers but not Celestial.

Problem solved.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

So Triforge?

Posted by: ALeetNoob.4830

ALeetNoob.4830

Of course…

Ascended neclace could just not come with celestial prefix.

Not all prefixes are present for rings. Rings do have celestial, but not….Rampagers for example.

So perhaps necklace will have Rampagers but not Celestial.

Problem solved.

I really doubt that Ascended necklace won’t have celestial prefix. They mentioned having 30 different amulets. I think that covers most prefixs

So Triforge?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

OP:

Sorry this happened to you. Many of us were under the impression, when we bought Guild Wars 2, that this would never, ever happen. It’s a big reason why we bought Guild Wars 2. We were sick of WoW-like games where you constantly had to grind out your gear so you could play the content.

Unfortunately, ArenaNet is able to say that they never said that there wouldn’t be vertical progression in Guild Wars 2. And well, they never did come out and say that exactly. Where millions of Guild Wars fans all got the impression that there would never be vertical progression is anyone’s guess. Mass delusion, or something. It certainly never said “no vertical progression” here:

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto

…although the 8th paragraph under “rethinking combat” is intriguing…

Anyway. Feel glad that after all that time, money, and effort that you put into getting your character set up just how you wanted, you can now spend more time, money, and effort to get even better gear. Doesn’t that sound fun?

(edited by Chuo.4238)