So about sigil swapping

So about sigil swapping

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WizardBro.4510

WizardBro.4510

New elite specs new expansion means new builds for everything and being someone who plays guardian I wanna swap between dragonhunter and firebrand. What am I supposed to do with my legendary weapons just trash sigils when I wanna swap builds/specs? I don’t know why this hasn’t changed. Honestly this just feels lazy. What am I supposed to do carry around 15 different weapons for anything I want to do?

So about sigil swapping

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yes thats exactly what they want you to do since they sell extra bag space, or you could go universal sigils on weapons like air and accuracy

So about sigil swapping

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

When asked about sigil swapping on legendary weapons the devs mumbled something about economics and the sigil market, then moved on. Don’t get your hopes up.

So about sigil swapping

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The technology exists to do it. For it to tank the sigil market, all players would have to have all their toons outfitted in legendary weapons. That’s simply not true.

So about sigil swapping

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

When asked about sigil swapping on legendary weapons the devs mumbled something about economics and the sigil market, then moved on. Don’t get your hopes up.

What they said was that they were on their way to adding sigil swapping and encountered something that prevented them from implementing it. We speculated that the sole reason was economic, but we don’t really know.

I really think the gear system needs an overhaul and that the ability to swap upgrades would be part of it. I don’t like the idea of keeping multiple sets of gear for each toon or creating extra L80s to avoid that. And I’d love it if ANet would keep us informed about high profile requests, the way that some of their devs have done about their pet projects (Mac not-BETA client, material storage overhaul, and the fractal & raid teams… we learn about those regularly).

However, I also recognize that it’s not realistic to expect we can have that for all the things I think (or even a majority of the community thinks) are important. We’ll get sigil swapping… I’m just not holding my breath.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

So about sigil swapping

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

if that’s what they truly think then it’s just another bad design on their part.

So about sigil swapping

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Hi,

Make Transmutation Charges (TC) extract runes from armor and sigils from weapons for an amount of X:

Hero:Equipement:RightClickItem:ExtractUpgrade:PopUpShowingTCCosts:OKorCancel

The economical impact is scalable/controlable, because ArenaNet can set the X.
Legendary items are untouched.
And the programmer are happy because they can reuse source code and a given currency.

I hope this suggestion will get attention.

Have a nice day

And what should they do about the fancy upgrade extractors they sell?

So about sigil swapping

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Hi,

Make Transmutation Charges (TC) extract runes from armor and sigils from weapons for an amount of X:

Hero:Equipement:RightClickItem:ExtractUpgrade:PopUpShowingTCCosts:OKorCancel

The economical impact is scalable/controlable, because ArenaNet can set the X.
Legendary items are untouched.
And the programmer are happy because they can reuse source code and a given currency.

I hope this suggestion will get attention.

Have a nice day

And what should they do about the fancy upgrade extractors they sell?

I’ve never heard of anyone buying one, since the gold-to-gem price is higher than the price of any sigil.