So about the legendary rework... [SPOILERS]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Ok so.. Spoilers of upcoming releases down below! read at your own risk!

Ok, so now that MMORPG.com has released info about the next patch i saw something interessting…

“Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons will receive a stat boost, an Offensive Infusion slot to align with new Ascended weapons and additional functionality, among other things.”

This made me really excited. We have all seen the new meteorlogicus in the screenshots, and we all know that… But…

It say they will use offensive infusion slots…? This is a NERF towards legendaries if this is true. Most people run sigils on their weapons. Like on kill sigils or on crit sigil. Like me. I have a Superior sigil of earth on my dagger for a condition build (60% to add a bleed stack on crit) which is important for my build to work. But with infusions i CAN’T HAVE SIGILS.

And all the people with bloodlust sigils etc.? What happend to those? This is a problem…

Also, the recipe requires a sigil. you need a sigil to make legendary weapons, will this get changed…?

And the last part got me thinking.. .“Other functions and things”… Is this the thing many people have been waiting for? Legendary account bound? Can i finally use my incinerator on my necro AND thief?

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

Ok so.. Spoilers of upcoming releases down below! read at your own risk!

Ok, so now that MMORPG.com has released info about the next patch i saw something interessting…

“Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons will receive a stat boost, an Offensive Infusion slot to align with new Ascended weapons and additional functionality, among other things.”

This made me really excited. We have all seen the new meteorlogicus in the screenshots, and we all know that… But…

It say they will use offensive infusion slots…? This is a NERF towards legendaries if this is true. Most people run sigils on their weapons. Like on kill sigils or on crit sigil. Like me. I have a Superior sigil of earth on my dagger for a condition build (60% to add a bleed stack on crit) which is important for my build to work. But with infusions i CAN’T HAVE SIGILS.

And all the people with bloodlust sigils etc.? What happend to those? This is a problem…

Also, the recipe requires a sigil. you need a sigil to make legendary weapons, will this get changed…?

And the last part got me thinking.. .“Other functions and things”… Is this the thing many people have been waiting for? Legendary account bound? Can i finally use my incinerator on my necro AND thief?

no wonder some idiot went to buy up all the precursors LOL.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Well who’s to say the new infusions won’t incorporate sigils?
I feel more expensive kitten coming up.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

ShadowMaster.5708

Well who’s to say the new infusions won’t incorporate sigils?
I feel more expensive kitten coming up.

Im just thinking because other ascended items doesnt have normal upgrades

Evans.6347

Like what?
We only have ascended trinkets and backpacks, neither of which can be upgraded with sigils and have their jewel counterpart included in their stats.

Either the ascended weapons will come with an inherent sigil (unlikely), a sigil and infusion slot, or new infusions will be made for weapons and armor.

Accurate infusion, Battle infusion, Bloodlust infusion…

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I really, REALLY hope that the new offensive infusion slot is in addition to the upgrade slot for the sigil.

Removing the sigil and adding an infusion slot would be a serious nerf.

ShadowMaster.5708

I really, REALLY hope that the new offensive infusion slot is in addition to the upgrade slot for the sigil.

Removing the sigil and adding an infusion slot would be a serious nerf.

Indeed… But its Anet… We never know

Evans.6347

Again, its not a nerf. It’s just taking an existing sigil and throwing a bunch of T6 materials and ecto on it.

Surely anyone who wants to wield ascended gear can afford a trifling cost?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Again, its not a nerf. It’s just taking an existing sigil and throwing a bunch of T6 materials and ecto on it.

Surely anyone who wants to wield ascended gear can afford a trifling cost?

There is a huge difference between a sigil and an offensive infusion. +5 power, +5 AR infusion is quite different from a sigil of bloodlust.

That would be a nerf.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

We have all seen the new meteorlogicus in the screenshots, and we all know that… But…

where?

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

kitten please tell me the purple glow on the meteorlogicus is a joke. Please. This totally changes the weapon, I have both it and the Flameseeker Prophecies and they look great together. This is why I made them. I want no purple glow!!!!

ShadowMaster.5708

We have all seen the new meteorlogicus in the screenshots, and we all know that… But…

where?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/screenshots/

Its probably more effects added, or else it wouldnt be a point adding it to the page…

the purple glow is probably some Ele air attunment or something

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Why are people making up stuff and saying the infusions would replace sigils? Are you just stirring up kitten and trying to find reasons to hate this patch?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

ShadowMaster.5708

Why are people making up stuff and saying the infusions would replace sigils? Are you just stirring up kitten and trying to find reasons to hate this patch?

How come everytime i see your name you are hating on the OP?… Im just saying that other ascended items dont have normal upgrades so i am asking if thats the case here.. im not trying to hate the patch…?

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

People making up stuff on the forums is nothing new

That along with misguided misconceptions, it shocks me every day that GW2 isn’t the pit of hell filled with rainbows, unicorns, and lakes of bile that the wonderously, vindictive developers intended.

Vol.5241

How come everytime i see your name you are hating on the OP?… Im just saying that other ascended items dont have normal upgrades so i am asking if thats the case here.. im not trying to hate the patch…?

I pick on people that deserve to be picked on.

It’s common sense why they would not do this. There are sigils out there that cost a ton of gold. Why would Anet want to shaft these players? And even if they did, don’t you think they would compensate them? Nearly all the legendary player base would be affected.

They are doing the exact same thing with MF gear. They are overhauling it but they also understand that there are people out there who invested in them. So they are going to be offering compensation.

Also
It doesn’t matter if the previous ascended items did not have sigils/runes. Those are accessories and there was never any conversion for those to begin with. Yes, we had the Triforge Amulet which had a upgrade slot that would have been overwritten. But the number of people who had the amulet were far and few due to the obscene cost, and the upgrade slot has very limited value. So compensation was out of the question here.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Im curious about the AR. Will 2handed weapons have 2 infusion slots, or will you be able to get more AR using 1handed weapons? o.o They never solved this problem for sigils, and I really hope this won’t be the case for AR

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Vol.5241

Im curious about the AR. Will 2handed weapons have 2 infusion slots, or will you be able to get more AR using 1handed weapons? o.o They never solved this problem for sigils, and I really hope this won’t be the case for AR

I think it’ll work the same way with sigils.

Several months back a dev did talk about the sigil situation between two handers and one handers and I think it all boiled down to technical hurdles.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Legendary items are not ascended. Also, there haven’t been any ascended weapons yet. Thus, there’s no precedent for the interaction of sigils and infusions on legendary weapons.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I think my main concern with this right now is that “legendaries” were supposed to always be a fancy skin that had the same power of the current top tier weapon. Not stronger or weaker, but equal to the top tier.

Now it seems they are going back on that philosophy.

Either “legendaries” are going to be weaker or they are going to be stronger. Look at it this way. If they remove the sigil slot and replace it with an infusion slot, they are going to be weaker. But if they keep the sigil slot and add an infusion slot, they become stronger than the current top tier. Meaning they are going against their whole cosmetic philosophy on what “legendaries” are supposed to be either way.

And then there is this whole “other functions and stuff”. What other functions? Is it something that will give an advantage power wise? Give you a buff or a fancy debuff to your target? Or is it just some flashy special effect? Again, one goes against the whole cosmetic thing while the other is for it. But to call an effect a function is wrong. So what could this function be, that won’t give someone an advantage over anyone else?

I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me, but Anet seems to be going backwards on a lot of their philosophies about this game. This whole “legendary” deal is just one of them.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

stat boost to legendaries?
let’s definetely bury the manifesto?

Posted by: BiJay.9830

BiJay.9830

We don’t know anything about how they will do ascended weapons and the legendarys. Just wait for more details before hating something which isn’t certain to come.

Vol.5241

I think my main concern with this right now is that “legendaries” were supposed to always be a fancy skin that had the same power of the current top tier weapon. Not stronger or weaker, but equal to the top tier.

Either “legendaries” are going to be weaker or they are going to be stronger. Look at it this way. If they remove the sigil slot and replace it with an infusion slot, they are going to be weaker. But if they keep the sigil slot and add an infusion slot, they become stronger than the current top tier. Meaning they are going against their whole cosmetic philosophy on what “legendaries” are supposed to be either way.

And then there is this whole “other functions and stuff”. What other functions? Is it something that will give an advantage power wise? Give you a buff or a fancy debuff to your target? Or is it just some flashy special effect? Again, one goes against the whole cosmetic thing while the other is for it. But to call an effect a function is wrong. So what could this function be, that won’t give someone an advantage over anyone else?

I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me, but Anet seems to be going backwards on a lot of their philosophies about this game. This whole “legendary” deal is just one of them.

You are correct, they were always supposed to be the same power as the best tiered weapon.

That’s why they are being matched with ascended weapons, something we have known since November.

And Anet has said all along that they intended ascended to be the top tier but they just couldn’t get it out in time.

If they came out a year from now and introduced a new tier, then sure, I’ll get on the boat with you. But as it is right now Anet is sticking to their word and I don’t see much of a problem with it.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

stat boost to legendaries?
let’s definetely bury the manifesto?

Did you read the entire entry? They are bringing stat boost to legendary to match ascended weapons. Like before the game released this means that legendaries will be always best in slot items. They are not burying the manifesto.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Legendaries shld be stronger if they are higher tier than Ascended.
Yes they did say previously that they will have same stats but I think their base dmg will be same as Ascended.
The only difference you may notice is “possibly” the infusion slot which will give +5 power…lol +5 power is not going to turn the tide of the battle.
Anyways, this is all speculation at this point, personally I will find it just if they give a bit of base dmg increase to legendaries to reward the players who took the time and effort to craft one.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

I would assume that other functions is the ability to change the stat combination when out of combat. This has already been announced and is nothing new, it is a convenience that legendaries would have so it IS a funtcion. It is not better power and it is not cosmetic.

SpyderArachnid.5619

You are correct, they were always supposed to be the same power as the best tiered weapon.

That’s why they are being matched with ascended weapons, something we have known since November.

And Anet has said all along that they intended ascended to be the top tier but they just couldn’t get it out in time.

If they came out a year from now and introduced a new tier, then sure, I’ll get on the boat with you. But as it is right now Anet is sticking to their word and I don’t see much of a problem with it.

And I get that they are being escalated to Ascended status, stat wise. That is completely understandable cause that is what we expected them to do.

The issue is, what are they going to do about the Sigil slot that is already on the weapon to begin with? Are they removing it, or adding an infusion slot with it? If they add an infusion slot with a sigil slot, it will end up being more powerful than current Ascended weapons, making “legendaries” top tier. Which goes against the original philosophy of what “legendaries” are supposed to be. They are supposed to be equal to top tier, not stronger or weaker.

And we have no info about what these “special functions” are going to be, and for all we know, it might give an advantage over regular Ascended weapons, making “legendaries” stronger than the top tier. Which again, would go against their philosophy.

I guess we’ll just have to wait for more information on this, instead of speculating the worst outcomes.

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

And I get that they are being escalated to Ascended status, stat wise. That is completely understandable cause that is what we expected them to do.

The issue is, what are they going to do about the Sigil slot that is already on the weapon to begin with? Are they removing it, or adding an infusion slot with it? If they add an infusion slot with a sigil slot, it will end up being more powerful than current Ascended weapons, making “legendaries” top tier. Which goes against the original philosophy of what “legendaries” are supposed to be. They are supposed to be equal to top tier, not stronger or weaker.

And we have no info about what these “special functions” are going to be, and for all we know, it might give an advantage over regular Ascended weapons, making “legendaries” stronger than the top tier. Which again, would go against their philosophy.

I guess we’ll just have for more information on this, instead of speculating the worst outcomes.

I have seen no evidence to suggest that ascended weapons won’t have sigils. Can you link where you are getting this information?

I mean it is also possible that the new ascended weapons will all have level 1 stats and do damage to you instead of the enemy when you use them… but there is no valid reason to believe the devs would do this…

SpyderArachnid.5619

I have seen no evidence to suggest that ascended weapons won’t have sigils. Can you link where you are getting this information?

I mean it is also possible that the new ascended weapons will all have level 1 stats and do damage to you instead of the enemy when you use them… but there is no valid reason to believe the devs would do this…

Just using Ascended gear as a base for what Ascended weapons will be. Ascended gear doesn’t use Sigils. It uses Infusions. So I (we) would just assume that Ascended weapons would follow the same path as their armor counterpart, since they are from the same set.

Otherwise they wouldn’t be Ascended weapons if they didn’t share the same characteristics of Ascended gear. They would be a different tier like Destiny or UberPwn weapons instead of Ascended.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I thought that the “special function” refers to the announcement that you can switch the stats on the legendary weapon. Example – Bolt comes standard with soldier’s stats – switch to berserker.

Edit: The official release page seems to be pretty clear about this (vs articles on other sites).

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

SpyderArachnid.5619

I thought that the “special function” refers to the announcement that you can switch the stats on the legendary weapon. Example – Bolt comes standard with soldier’s stats – switch to berserker.

Yeah just now saw the release page that now says that. Which is excellent news.

Legendaries are also receiving additional functionality: When out of combat, Legendary weapon bearers will be able to choose between different stat combinations for your weapon.

Still concerned about the other part though. Whether or not the Infusion is going to replace the Sigil, or be added onto it with the Sigil. Would love some clarification on that at least.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just using Ascended gear as a base for what Ascended weapons will be. Ascended gear doesn’t use Sigils. It uses Infusions. So I (we) would just assume that Ascended weapons would follow the same path as their armor counterpart, since they are from the same set.

Otherwise they wouldn’t be Ascended weapons if they didn’t share the same characteristics of Ascended gear. They would be a different tier like Destiny or UberPwn weapons instead of Ascended.

But that’s simply not the case. Nothing was “replaced” at all in ascended jewelery. The slot was moved directly into the stats and then an infusion slot was added in addition. Jewelery never had sigils or runes. Nothing was removed from those slots, only things were added. I don’t see any reason the weapons won’t be the same.

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

What about transmuted legendaries?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I hope they fix “disappearing legendary weapon aura” problem in this patch…

Attachments:

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Legendaries shld be stronger if they are higher tier than Ascended.
Yes they did say previously that they will have same stats but I think their base dmg will be same as Ascended.
The only difference you may notice is “possibly” the infusion slot which will give +5 power…lol +5 power is not going to turn the tide of the battle.
Anyways, this is all speculation at this point, personally I will find it just if they give a bit of base dmg increase to legendaries to reward the players who took the time and effort to craft one.

And real life money or luck, you forgot that part. Lest we pretend that it took any modicum of skill other than being able to farm to obtain a legendary.

SpyderArachnid.5619

But that’s simply not the case. Nothing was “replaced” at all in ascended jewelery. The slot was moved directly into the stats and then an infusion slot was added in addition. Jewelery never had sigils or runes. Nothing was removed from those slots, only things were added. I don’t see any reason the weapons won’t be the same.

Sigls are different from Jewels though.

With earlier Ascended gear, they used jewels. Weapons use sigils, not jewels. So those extra boosts to your stats don’t come with weapons. Weapons have different effects that happen, like increased crit on hit or lightning strike on hit, etc etc. It isn’t +10 power or +10 toughness like jewels.

With Ascended gear, they just added the usual jewels that would of been equipped, into the stats. But you can’t do that with weapons cause they don’t use stat jewels. They use sigils that give situational bonuses.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

they have to allow us to use sigils, infusions are just garbage compared to sigils.
players want better legendaries, but they nerf them…

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It has to be an infusion slot in ADDITION to the sigil slot on ascended weapons. You cant exactly compare with existing ascended stuff – there are no existing ascended weapons. Trinkets have the same stats as exotics with jewels plus the infusion slot. You dont “loose” anything there.

I seriously cant imagine they would remove the sigil slot. That’s not a nerf – that’s gutting it.

… If anything Legendaries should be able to freely choose between any existing sigil, just like with the stats ^^

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Sigils and runes would be used on legendary/ascended equipment if they can’t be then sigils/runes might as well be deleted from the game. I doubt Anet would do this. They’re not that foolish.

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/september-03-2013/

Legendary Weapon Updates

Legendary weapons are getting a stat boost and an Offensive Infusion slot to align with the new Ascended weapons! Legendaries are also receiving additional functionality: When out of combat, Legendary weapon bearers will be able to choose between different stat combinations for your weapon. And to top it all off, many Legendaries are getting some aesthetic upgrades!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Except other ascended gear does have normal upgrades – it’s just that they are already added, so some people don’t notice them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

I seriously cant imagine they would remove the sigil slot. That’s not a nerf – that’s gutting it.

… If anything Legendaries should be able to freely choose between any existing sigil, just like with the stats ^^

This is a very intriguing suggestion.

ShadowMaster.5708

I hope they fix “disappearing legendary weapon aura” problem in this patch…

they fixed that last patch. Go into settings are desable the LOD effect setting. Its enabled by default. This prevents effects culling It fixed my incinerator atleast

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

This is a very intriguing suggestion.

Can I save ‘layouts’?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

PSA: Put your Legendary weapons on the character you want them on before this patch hits.

They aren’t allowing you to swap around stats to be nice, they are doing it so you can no longer transmute Legendaries and move them between characters.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Ooh, is this the thread where I imagine things ArenaNet might do wrong and get mad at them for it?

ArenaNet, I had a dream last night that you cheated on me with another player. You’re such a pig, I hate you!

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Sigls are different from Jewels though.

With earlier Ascended gear, they used jewels. Weapons use sigils, not jewels. So those extra boosts to your stats don’t come with weapons. Weapons have different effects that happen, like increased crit on hit or lightning strike on hit, etc etc. It isn’t +10 power or +10 toughness like jewels.

With Ascended gear, they just added the usual jewels that would of been equipped, into the stats. But you can’t do that with weapons cause they don’t use stat jewels. They use sigils that give situational bonuses.

You just described why it can’t be assumed that sigils will be removed. Sigils don’t serve the same function as jewels.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

PSA: Put your Legendary weapons on the character you want them on before this patch hits.

They aren’t allowing you to swap around stats to be nice, they are doing it so you can no longer transmute Legendaries and move them between characters.

THIS^^^^^

I can’t imagine that ArenaNet would plan to make legendaries account bound and then not announce it ahead of time in order to build excitement for the whole patch. if Anet does kill the transmute ability of legendaries, I think it is a clear sign of just how much money they make off of TP tax and gem purchases related to legendaries. That in itself is cause for great caution with this company.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!