So are there any future plans for Karma?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

I’ve only just begun playing, my Mesmer is level 55 and I’ve been around for a couple of weeks, and already I am picking up a fair amount of Karma. I finally decided to go and buy some transmog gear when I hit level 50 but was surprised that I only needed gold to buy my cultural gear.

So, what exactly is Karma meant to be used for?

There are a few crafting recipes, and of course you can buy some ingredients for cooking (if you are brave enough to master that profession!).

A few pieces of armor here and there from Heart/Quest givers, although most of what they offer do not have unique skins.

Cultural weapons.

Salvage kits.

Gathering tools.

Can you buy the Orr armor sets with Karma, or is that gold?

I am fairly sure even your story faction (Priory/Vigil/Order of Whispers) has gear skins that are bought with gold rather than Karma.

What else?

I see a lot of people complaining about having so much Karma going to waste on their main character, as they have everything they need and it just keeps adding up.

Surely karma was not a currency implemented just to taper off in usefulness, right? Have there been any mention of plans of what it might be used for in the future?

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Riot.5210)

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Orr armor is bought with Karma. They’ve also added some new items in Orr you can buy with karma, but I’ve yet to check them out.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Karma’s big thing is that it helps you work to your legendary.

You can buy SOME weapon sets in ORR IF the temples are uncontested.

Karma is mainly used for getting mystic clovers for your legendary…

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Yeah, so…Im taking this approach:
I would LIKE to get my legendary. Im not actively working toward it because, while I am OK with a small grind, finding 750 ancient wood is insane. Thats just one tiny fraction of this grind. With that said, I am not saying that it shouldn’t be this hard to acquire a legendary.

So, I am probably going to blow most of my karma on the orrian jewel boxes…get some lodestones, get some karma back, get some obby shards. I might blow some on obby shards…but other than that, I have no use for it. So, its a slow way to inch me closer to considering an all out grind for the legendary. But I am not actively working toward that point.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

If you are not into crafting karma isn’t of that much use av lv80 as I see it.