So are you killing of personal guilds?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Q:

So influence is going to be irrelevant for anything guild, so what the heck is it good for anyway?
As stated in the Guild Halls Interview

Influence will no longer be earned after HoT launches, but will stick around for a while so that guilds can sink the influence they currently have into the new system. There is a new currency being introduced call Favor that will be rewarded from guild missions, but they didn’t go into what exactly Favor was going to be used for.

And what about people with a personal guild(only yourself as a member) but without HoT, are we just gona loose everything including our guild stashes (& content)?

BTW not very much interested in the usual suspects telling me how ANet will surely not allow because they care.
I´m done with the hype, I need cold hard facts now to decide my future here.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah. As a person with a personal guild, it’s kind of concerning. I wasn’t planning on trying to get a guild hall for my personal guild. It’s just for extra bank space. How are the personal guilds supposed to upgrade it to get the vaults in this new system?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Yeah. As a person with a personal guild, it’s kind of concerning. I wasn’t planning on trying to get a guild hall for my personal guild. It’s just for extra bank space. How are the personal guilds supposed to upgrade it to get the vaults in this new system?

Do you really think they want you using personal guilds for storage instead of buying more storage space from the gemshop?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Do you really think they want you using personal guilds for storage instead of buying more storage space from the gemshop?

They’re fine with people doing that, otherwise they would have removed the option years ago.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

“Personal guilds” were never intended to be a thing. People just have them for free extra bank space, and to be honest, it’s kind of a cheat. Not that I’m pointing fingers at those who do — heck, I have one since my old guild disbanded. At best, ArenaNet sort of treats it as a “look the other way” kind of thing. It’s not technically against the rules, but don’t expect them to bend over backwards to make sure “personal guilds” are catered to in all the new features.

We’re all on the edge of our seats, I assure you… :P

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

They outright stated on these very forums to do this back when the wallet was being implemented and they were removing the ability to store gold in your personal bank. They said to create and use a personal guild for storage – this includes storing gold.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

glad i got my personal guild bank already

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Just a flesh wound.3589

This affects not only personal guild but also small guilds with just a few people. It takes a fair number to do the guild missions, unless you can get in with another guild. They also won’t be able to get a guild vault going to exchange give away free items to guildies unless there is a separate way to upgrade the guilds. Does this mean that guilds will have to do the missions in order to upgrade their guilds?

They left a lot unanswered but considering how they screwed over the small guilds at the start when missions were put in, it is a matter of concern for those who don’t have the upgrades.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Sadly I am also done with the hype. The hype train can fall of a ditch. Hard facts will not come from a dev because they are forced to shut up. They would get fired if they say anything or something along those lines. So lets at least respect that part, due to the many possible changes till hot release.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Suggested by Anet:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/jubilee/Token-Wallet-Thank-you-a-net/page/5#post2529629

The Burninator

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Thank you for providing that link, JustTrogdor. I was just looking it up to include it in my comment as a citation. I appreciate your always being on top of things.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

If I do eventually get HoT,

I’m still going for a solo guild hall.

I mean, claiming the hall essentially requires soloing a dungeon, right? So long as it doesn’t actually require synchronized switch presses like some dungeon paths do, it should be theoretically possible to solo.

How amazing would you feel if you actually managed to claim a guild hall solo and build yourself a personal city?

HawkMeister.4758

glad i got my personal guild bank already

And the question is, are you allowed to keep it?

By now I´m almost apathetic towards all the other cute stuff I got like guild training missions, guild armor, banner, various boost is going to get taken away.

Polish > hype

Pockets.3201

Suggested by Anet:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/jubilee/Token-Wallet-Thank-you-a-net/page/5#post2529629

I am aware. Now they are “fixing” that.

Pockets.3201

Suggested by Anet:

Source? I’d like to see a quote from Anet that states people with personal guild will lose them if they don’t buy the expansion.

Its not about losing them, its about keeping more from being made. Which this will do since personal guilds can’t do guild missions to get favor.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against it. Hell, my guild only has two active players left so we are getting screwed too. This simply isn’t a mistake though, they knew what would happen when they did this.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Suggested by Anet:

Source? I’d like to see a quote from Anet that states people with personal guild will lose them if they don’t buy the expansion.

I think the implication is that the removal of favor in exchange for a more robust guild missions system means you won’t be able to effectively grind up to a storage level on a personal guild anymore.

You won’t be able to just play the game as usual and slowly build up enough credits to unlock the storage or upgrades.

This may not affect currently made guilds and the new missions may be more friendly to very small groups such that you can get a party together of pugs and do them but, as usual, we are getting this as a third party from a fan/gaming site featuring an interview filled with vague details, so who knows.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Just a flesh wound.3589

Something else:

“With a little gold to turn the wheels, the organization will give contracts to guilds to clear these areas of the jungle and, in return, will be able to own these areas as long – as they hold off further Mordrem threats.”
————————————————
Sooooo, if you don’t hold off Mordrem threats you’ll lose access to the area? Does this mean you’ll lose access to the guild hall unless the guild comes and clears the area again?
————————————————-
“Clearing these areas will be tied to the maps they are adjacent to—as the guild halls are physical places that exist on the world map—and the meta-events in those maps. Once a guild gets to the guild hall, they will enter an instance full of Mordrem, which they will need to clear. Once cleared, players will find a large crystal in the heart of the instance that, when interacted with, will essentially cut off Mordremoth’s influence. From that point the hall is theirs, and the guild can start rebuilding it.”

ANet may give it to you.

JustTrogdor.7892

Something else:

“With a little gold to turn the wheels, the organization will give contracts to guilds to clear these areas of the jungle and, in return, will be able to own these areas as long – as they hold off further Mordrem threats.”
————————————————
Sooooo, if you don’t hold off Mordrem threats you’ll lose access to the area? Does this mean you’ll lose access to the guild hall unless the guild comes and clears the area again?
————————————————-
“Clearing these areas will be tied to the maps they are adjacent to—as the guild halls are physical places that exist on the world map—and the meta-events in those maps. Once a guild gets to the guild hall, they will enter an instance full of Mordrem, which they will need to clear. Once cleared, players will find a large crystal in the heart of the instance that, when interacted with, will essentially cut off Mordremoth’s influence. From that point the hall is theirs, and the guild can start rebuilding it.”

When I watched the live stream, as I recall, they stated once you claim the area for the guild hall it is there for good without any contest. It appears to be more or less a guild mission that has to be completed to claim the area for the hall. Once that is done there is no other battle involved.

The Burninator

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This is why i find it funny that people are content with the preorder prices, because not everything has been revealed yet. lol.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Something else:

————————————————
————————————————-

Anet has known for a long time that people hate having to pre-events to open dungeons. Yet this sounds exactly like that.

JustTrogdor.7892

Something else:

————————————————
————————————————-

Anet has known for a long time that people hate having to pre-events to open dungeons. Yet this sounds exactly like that.

I watched the live stream and it looked like a one time event that a guild does to earn their guild hall space. I think it was even described as such. So it isn’t like every time someone wants to go to a guild hall they have to complete the event.

The Burninator

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

I’m not sure what any of you expected with a guild of one or two. Most just use it as extra bank space……

CCCP….

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hmmmm. Maybe it will be a business opportunity. Make as many new guilds as you can, upgrade them to the highest vault level with influence, then sell them after the expack hits.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

So, do we still need “favour” then to build guild catas and buff keeps/camps? And will there be guild missions that can be done in wvw? As if not you’re further forcing people to do PvE.

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ll probably just pay a bunch of people gold to temporarily join my personal guild just to claim the guild hall through the battle then use it as my own Fortress of Solitude.

The Burninator

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

How many people are needed to complete the battle?

My guild is small – around 10 people.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Something else:

————————————————
————————————————-

I watched the live stream and it looked like a one time event that a guild does to earn their guild hall space. I think it was even described as such. So it isn’t like every time someone wants to go to a guild hall they have to complete the event.

The “as long as they hold off further Mordrem threats” that’s bolded above makes me think it’s something you need to open by doing events.

JustTrogdor.7892

Something else:

————————————————
————————————————-

The “as long as they hold off further Mordrem threats” that’s bolded above makes me think it’s something you need to open by doing events.

Once again I’m going by what I saw on the live stream and what Colin stated as best as I can recall. If my memory is intact it is a one time event that then opens the guild hall forever once completed. The wording might seem odd but I am almost certain that is how it was stated and would not require ongoing battles to maintain the integrity of the guild hall.

Maybe the stream will be put up on Youtube in the next few days so I can validate that.

The Burninator

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

“Personal guilds” were never intended to be a thing. People just have them for free extra bank space, and to be honest, it’s kind of a cheat. Not that I’m pointing fingers at those who do — heck, I have one since my old guild disbanded. At best, ArenaNet sort of treats it as a “look the other way” kind of thing. It’s not technically against the rules, but don’t expect them to bend over backwards to make sure “personal guilds” are catered to in all the new features.

We’re all on the edge of our seats, I assure you… :P

Do you have any sort of sources or dev quotes to substantiate any of this? Or is this just one of those things where you’re stating kitten as facts just because… I dunno. You’ve got nothing better to do, I guess. Because I’ve never seen anything posted to suggest that personal guild banks are ‘kind of a cheat’ or Anet ‘looks the other way.’ One person or five-hundred people, if guilds weren’t supposed to have a place to store kitten, they wouldn’t have the option to do so.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

HawkMeister.4758

A little bump to have some actual content related topic in this sea of despair.

Polish > hype

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

As much as i like my personal guild, it’s sort of contradictory to even have them. A guild is made up of more than one member. I’m pretty sure personal guilds were never intended.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Nice to see a thread I can take seriously. I have two guilds I’m in (separate groups of friends) and neither of them are large enough to take on guild missions for Favour. I’m hoping there will be sort of addition to the guild missions to cater to small guilds. Don’t even need the other rewards, just the Favour.

Don’t get me started on the pessimistic thoughts I had about my three personal guilds…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

This is a good question. I do also have two personal guilds and the main guild I am in is not always able to do the missions because we like more to be close and small than huge full of dramas and strangers.

Will the guilds still be able to work in the future even if they are not able to do the missions?

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

Also eager to hear what these changes mean for small/personal bank guilds.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

We’ve only got a handful of people still playing GW/2. And we kinda feel this is the last straw. We are too small for guild missions, so this whole Favor thing reeks to high heaven in our book.

Posted by: Wheatty.1892

Wheatty.1892

If I do eventually get HoT,

I’m still going for a solo guild hall.

I mean, claiming the hall essentially requires soloing a dungeon, right? So long as it doesn’t actually require synchronized switch presses like some dungeon paths do, it should be theoretically possible to solo.

How amazing would you feel if you actually managed to claim a guild hall solo and build yourself a personal city?

Ooo I’m so gonna do this. Hmm this might even act as a “housing” system on some level for players who have been wanting the feature.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How many people are needed to complete the battle?

That’s a good question. I really hope it scales and can be done even with few people. I also hope that there won’t be any further events later on, that would require defending the guild from more threats.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i, too, am extremely interested in knowing what i will need to do to keep my 150 slots of personal guild bank storage.

i cant buy more bank tabs. im maxed. i use my guild bank for deeper storage to forget about long term investments like bl skins and things that get their supply faucets turned off.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Already purchased all available bank tab upgrades.
Now what?

When they remove the tab limit entirely, and make it so that I can swap tabs around, and minimized tabs stay so until I un-minimize them, then (and only then) will I consider giving up my guild banks.
Until such time I will consider the storage in this game inadequate.

Plenty of people are going to argue I don’t need it, why am I saving so much stuff, they barely use a single bank tab after years.
And it’s none of their blaming business what I save or how much I save or when I save it.
Don’t need it? Cool, don’t buy it, don’t build it, but they shouldn’t demand I not be able to have it just because they don’t need it.
I’m fine with buying more space, though I would argue things like expansions should come with a little boost there (really would it kill them to give existing players a bank tab as part of the expansion?)
I’ll buy it, or work for it, like all the work I put into my guild banks for example.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

As someone who is a member of two guilds, one tiny one just myself, my OH and a couple of friends, the other a personal guild just so I could have somewhere to store items needed for my Legendary without the worry of using them by accident, I am rather concerned about what has been said about the changes.

However while I haven’t watched any interview I have read the notes in the link that is in the opening post and two things stand out.

‘All guilds will be able to get access to everything given enough time’. This seems to indicate that they have taken into account that small guilds will want to have a guild hall even if it has to be a long term project for them.

People are also going on about how Influence is going and favour is being introduced and can be earned through missions. To me it reads more like influence and merits are being combined into a single guild currency known as Favour, which hopefully can be earned though not only missions but through ways we could get influence as well. The part of the interview that leads me to this opinion is ‘These currency changes were brought along in a big part because of the disparity between large and small guilds. It was hard for small guilds to keep up while large guilds would have so much influence they wouldn’t know what to do with it’

eyestrain.3056

Interesting info Oenanthe. Still want to know more information about the future of personal storage banks.

Posted by: Askadia.4395

Askadia.4395

Don’t you have, guys, a Server Guild? I know for sure Piken Square has (or had?) one.
I think I will join one of these gigantic server guilds for fun and curiosity, while holding my personal guild for myself.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

They’re fine with people doing that, otherwise they would have removed the option years ago.

“Being amenable” to something and “tolerating it because you made a mistake and it’s too late to do anything about it without looking like an kitten” can look mighty similar.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

So influence is going to be irrelevant for anything guild, so what the heck is it good for anyway?
As stated in the Guild Halls Interview

Influence will no longer be earned after HoT launches, but will stick around for a while so that guilds can sink the influence they currently have into the new system. There is a new currency being introduced call Favor that will be rewarded from guild missions, but they didn’t go into what exactly Favor was going to be used for.

And what about people with a personal guild(only yourself as a member) but without HoT, are we just gona loose everything including our guild stashes (& content)?

BTW not very much interested in the usual suspects telling me how ANet will surely not allow because they care.

Well a personal guild is not a guild, is it? In the CDI there has been talked about this and with a few exceptions most people did agree guild-halls should also be available for small guilds, but personal guilds can not be seen as guilds. While I don’t think there was ever a true definition of what size you could start talking about a guild, but I think it would be at least 5 people.

Anyway, we do not know yet how it works, personally I am not in favor of all the currencies, that is sort of boring. I would prefer to have specific activities for guilds to complete in order to unlock buildings, blue-prints and decorations. Not yet another grind for some currency. But that would indeed mean you need at least x people to complete such missions.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Don’t you have, guys, a Server Guild? I know for sure Piken Square has (or had?) one.
I think I will join one of these gigantic server guilds for fun and curiosity, while holding my personal guild for myself.

Piken Square has [One] guild to rule them all, The Only One. But that is not a ‘gigantic server guild’. The ‘server guild’ they have is a WvW guild.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Most of my friends have left GW2 over the course of the years for various reasons. So the guild I made to house them has pretty much turned into my personal guild. I kicked most of them after a while due to concerns of the storage if they got hacked (I did make a rank for them so they had no access at all to it, but just felt better to remove them until they decide to return).

So for the past year and a half I worked up the guild bank upgrades from influence from myself entirely.

I never expected to make or use a guild hall as a person that solely in that guild. The changes for currency doesn’t really affect me since I feel like I unlocked everything I can for a guild housing one person. I never bothered with guild missions since it obviously requires quite a few people.

But I do hope the smaller guilds of 5 – 10 people can progress their guild and maintain the guild hall. In most MMOs I usually start feeling uncomfortable if I’m in a guild with so many people I can’t remember who is who. So 5 – 10 has always been a pretty comfortable group for me. In the video it at least didn’t show a massive amount of people required, looked like around 5, to take the map.

I just hope the progress for the upgrades I made are still accessible in the main cities without needing a guild hall. Overall though, the guild hall sounds like an amazing feature and has lots of nice concepts to it.

eyestrain.3056

stiiiiiiill hoping for some dev clerification!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This ruins Guild Hall feature. How many guilds will honestly allow people to customize it and not just the top ranked favorite players?

Personal guilds were best for this feature because everybody can make what they want….

bad design…. if Rift is anything to learn from, its this… there is a reason it has persona dimensions along with guild dimensions. …

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

“In the case of other upgrades that are moving to the new system relatively unchanged, such as the guild banners and the guild vault, we’ll be grandfathering access to those upgrades for any guild that unlocked them in the current system.”

It is on the “rethinking Guilds” post.

You need to read before you jump off the cliff.

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I have 2 personal guild banks, one fully upgraded vault, the other half way done. Should I upgrade it right now before HoT because I’ll never be able to solo unlock it? Will I lose access to those tabs when HoT launch?

I’d love to hear the devs talking about this special case… because I’d like to know if I should upgrade it before HoT or if it’ll be fully scrapped in HoT.