So are you killing of personal guilds?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoshiro.8170

Yoshiro.8170

Something else:

“With a little gold to turn the wheels, the organization will give contracts to guilds to clear these areas of the jungle and, in return, will be able to own these areas as long – as they hold off further Mordrem threats.”
————————————————
Sooooo, if you don’t hold off Mordrem threats you’ll lose access to the area? Does this mean you’ll lose access to the guild hall unless the guild comes and clears the area again?
————————————————-
“Clearing these areas will be tied to the maps they are adjacent to—as the guild halls are physical places that exist on the world map—and the meta-events in those maps. Once a guild gets to the guild hall, they will enter an instance full of Mordrem, which they will need to clear. Once cleared, players will find a large crystal in the heart of the instance that, when interacted with, will essentially cut off Mordremoth’s influence. From that point the hall is theirs, and the guild can start rebuilding it.”

I saw an interview where they answer that question (will try to find the link later)
What they meant is that the guild hall is not safe from action caused by the living story. Usually it will be safe but they may go and do something to it in a special chapter.
Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=44&v=RsZfY8nAZzo see from 11:00 onwards

(edited by Yoshiro.8170)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

“In the case of other upgrades that are moving to the new system relatively unchanged, such as the guild banners and the guild vault, we’ll be grandfathering access to those upgrades for any guild that unlocked them in the current system.”

It is on the “rethinking Guilds” post.

You beat me to it.

In the “Taken From the Enemy” post, they also say this:

Mounting an expedition to take one of these ruins is an expensive proposition and requires a certain amount of trust from the Initiative. On top of the costs to supply a population of Initiative guards and support staff to help settle the location once it’s been taken, your guild will actually have to reach the ruins, which is an adventure in itself. Once there, you must go in and drive out the Mordrem.

It sounds as if it will be held safe by there being Initiative guards there at all times. They will be what keeps you from needing to retake/defend your base every now and then.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

This is getting downright hilarious.
After half a dozen blogs and a long POI I still have no clue what will happen to my personal guild stash when I don´t buy Hot, heck or even IF I buy it.
Or did somebody notice something I missed?

Devs seem to have more important things to do it seems, though it would be rrilli grreat to finally have some closure on this “unimportant”(+3.5k views) question. O_o

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Silryne.8413

Silryne.8413

In the article Guild Halls: Taken from the enemy -
“Once your guild is registered with the Guild Initiative, you’ll gain access to their new headquarters in Lion’s Arch. We’ve used new technology to make the Guild Initiative Headquarters an instance that is shared by you and your guild members. While the Initiative Headquarters is not a full guild hall, it will provide access to existing features that we’re moving out of the guild panel for those guilds that do not upgrade to the expansion.”

While this does not explicitly answer the OP’s original question, it does shed some light on what to expect for those who don’t upgrade.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

“In the case of other upgrades that are moving to the new system relatively unchanged, such as the guild banners and the guild vault, we’ll be grandfathering access to those upgrades for any guild that unlocked them in the current system.”

You need to read before you jump off the cliff.

So our guild banks will be safe, but will new personal guild banks be an option?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

This is getting downright hilarious.
After half a dozen blogs and a long POI I still have no clue what will happen to my personal guild stash when I don´t buy Hot, heck or even IF I buy it.
Or did somebody notice something I missed?

Devs seem to have more important things to do it seems, though it would be rrilli grreat to finally have some closure on this “unimportant”(+3.5k views) question. O_o

The Guild Initiative thing is in Lion’s Arch, which non-HoT players have access to.

Previously unlocked stuff (such as your vault) will be grandfathered to this area in Lion’s Arch, allowing you to access it

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You need to read before you jump off the cliff.

So our guild banks will be safe, but will new personal guild banks be an option?

Assuming favor will be needed to get guild vaults, it sounds like making a new personal guild will be a thing of the past unless one person can do the missions needed to get favor. In addition it sounds like Aetherium will need to be mined, which requires a guild hall area so unless a single person can go through all the steps needed to open up and claim a guild hall, this won’t be available.

To me it sounds like new personal guilds will be not theoretically impossible but the barriers will be so high that for most people they will be. I would recommend that people finish their guild vaults before the HoT arrives.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.