So commander refund...

So commander refund...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

How do I get a refund exactly?
Do I need to submit a support ticket or it will be done to every character in-game automatically?
I’m asking this because I remember that a dev posted here that it will be automatic but when I logged in after the patch I didn’t get a refund(had more then 3 commanders before the patch).

So commander refund...

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I would wait a couple of days before submitting a ticket. Sometimes these things take a bit.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

So commander refund...

Mor The Thief.9135

That’s what I thought as I remember other things that took a while but were automatic.
Anyway will wait about 3 days for the refund. If no refund after that then I will submit a ticket.

So commander refund...

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

Those that are eligible will receive a refund via in-game mail in the near future (48 hours or so is our maximum wait time estimate at the moment).

So commander refund...

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

What about books you still have in your inventory. We were going to be awarding players commander tomes on our server once they completed commander training. We ended up having all the tomes stuck on 1 player account when you ninjaed the last patch in. Is there a method we should use to get the refund for those books that have not been used?

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

So commander refund...

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Customer Support will be sending out refunds to eligible accounts sometime in the next 48 hours. You won’t need to submit a support ticket to get your refund. =)

Foghladha, you should submit a ticket given your particular request and we’ll get you sorted.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

So commander refund...

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

So just to get it straight, I bought 5 commander tags in past, I have 1 (300g) tag now. That means i get 200g, and i don’t even need to contact customer support for it at all? I really hope so, I could use some good news.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

So commander refund...

Mor The Thief.9135

Well I had a total of 8 commanders before the patch(I know I’m crazy XD). so far I got 100 refund in a single mail in-game.
Will wait some more in case they send every 100g separately.

So commander refund...

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Well I had a total of 8 commanders before the patch(I know I’m crazy XD). so far I got 100 refund in a single mail in-game.

I think in your case you might wish to submit a ticket, since I don’t think there will be waves of distribution and if the numbers don’t align, we’ll want to look into the matter for you.

Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

So commander refund...

Mor The Thief.9135

I think in your case you might wish to submit a ticket, since I don’t think there will be waves of distribution and if the numbers don’t align, we’ll want to look into the matter for you.

Thanks!

Will do just that then. Thanks for your reply Gaile!

So commander refund...

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We just identified an issue and a few players did not receive the correct refund. We’re so sorry! We’ll get that corrected as soon as possible. (Please allow until tomorrow, just in case it’s something that requires extra time.)

Thanks for asking about this, and again, we’re sorry for the mix-up.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

So commander refund...

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

We just identified an issue and a few players did not receive the correct refund. We’re so sorry! We’ll get that corrected as soon as possible. (Please allow until tomorrow, just in case it’s something that requires extra time.)

This seems to happen a lot (it took a longer amount of time to get my WvW rewards from Season 2, for instance, and now I haven’t gotten the refund for this). I’m curious, is it just very difficult to send out things such as rewards or refunds on a massive scale?

So commander refund...

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

This seems to happen a lot (it took a longer amount of time to get my WvW rewards from Season 2, for instance, and now I haven’t gotten the refund for this). I’m curious, is it just very difficult to send out things such as rewards or refunds on a massive scale?

In a word, yes. Because of the way we do it, essentially “manually” it is complicated, and that has a way of influencing the number of issues that may arise. In the long term we hope to have a different means of such distributions, but in the short term, the team does the best it can to get everything properly aligned, and to quickly react to and correct any shortfalls or errors.

Having said that, I have a strong suspicion you will not wait more than another day for everything to be corrected in terms of the Commander tag refunds. I am not promising that, but I’m merely making a personal prediction that they will be done quickly. I hope that’s of some help to you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

So commander refund...

Mor The Thief.9135

Well I have submitted a ticket as you suggested Gaile.

Now we wait!

So commander refund...

Posted by: Armed Silon Il.4597

Armed Silon Il.4597

Yeah I put in my ticket this morning assuming it was a “bug”

Znaaff (Ele)
Jinxta Fleshrender (Necro)

So commander refund...

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

We just identified an issue and a few players did *not* receive the correct refund. We’re so sorry! We’ll get that corrected as soon as possible. (Please allow until tomorrow, just in case it’s something that requires extra time.)

In a word, yes. Because of the way we do it, essentially "manually" it is complicated, and that has a way of influencing the number of issues that may arise. In the long term we hope to have a different means of such distributions, but in the short term, the team does the best it can to get everything properly aligned, and to quickly react to and correct any shortfalls or errors.

Having said that, I have a strong suspicion you will not wait more than another day for everything to be corrected in terms of the Commander tag refunds. I am not promising that, but I’m merely making a personal prediction that they will be done quickly. I hope that’s of some help to you.

So, uh, I still haven’t received my full refund, even with the additional mails. Is there going to be more mail coming in? D:

I had 9 hats previously, so I am expected 6 mails. :c

Attachments:

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

(edited by Sawnic.6795)

So commander refund...

Posted by: intsch.3570

intsch.3570

Hello

I think i got 100 gold too much now lovely support team!

I mean im not sure but i am nearly sure

I had 6 commander tags prepatch (as i can remember myself so far) and got 100 gold yesterday already, today i got another 3 ingame mails with 300 gold, so altogether i think 400 gold!.

But since the new tag costs 300 gold i should have got 300 gold refund i guess!

Can i send you 100 gold back? :P

Cheers

IGN: Victory For Kittenz / Hi I Am Nightmare

So commander refund...

Sawnic.6795

Hello

I think i got 100 gold too much now lovely support team!

I mean im not sure but i am nearly sure

I had 6 commander tags prepatch (as i can remember myself so far) and got 100 gold yesterday already, today i got another 3 ingame mails with 300 gold, so altogether i think 400 gold!.

But since the new tag costs 300 gold i should have got 300 gold refund i guess!

Can i send you 100 gold back? :P

Cheers

I’m short 100g. I’ll happily take it.

So commander refund...

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I haven’t got a mail at all, but i should have gotten 200g. Did you guys process EU servers yet?

So commander refund...

Mor The Thief.9135

I’m on EU.

So far I’ve gotten only 1 mail with 100g and I had 8 tags pre-patch.

Still waiting for either a reply from support or seeing more mail in-game with my refund.

So commander refund...

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

If you believe you should have received more gold for compendiums you consumed prior to the feature build’s implementation, please submit a ticket and include how many compendiums you believe you had consumed. Keep in mind that only individuals who consumed four or more compendiums prior to 9/9 are eligible for these refunds. You can submit a ticket here: https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new . Be sure to select In-Game Issue for this particular type of inquiry.

Please remain patient for a reply to your request; we have higher than normal ticket volume at the moment, so responses may be a bit delayed.

So commander refund...

Sawnic.6795

If you believe you should have received more gold for compendiums you consumed prior to the feature build’s implementation, please submit a ticket and include how many compendiums you believe you had consumed. Keep in mind that only individuals who consumed four or more compendiums prior to 9/9 are eligible for these refunds. You can submit a ticket here: https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new . Be sure to select In-Game Issue for this particular type of inquiry.

Please remain patient for a reply to your request; we have higher than normal ticket volume at the moment, so responses may be a bit delayed.

Thanks Talon :3

Unfortunately, I am in fact missing 100g, but I have a ticket in the que.

So commander refund...

Mor The Thief.9135

I’ve submitted my ticket yesterday at the time I write this post.

Still waiting for its conclusion after I received a response saying that they are investigating the matter.

(edited by Mor The Thief.9135)

So commander refund...

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Ok I wrote a ticket. Thanks for the good communication on this.

So commander refund...

Sawnic.6795

Support is telling me they refunded the correct amount when they did not.

What should I do? D:

So commander refund...

Posted by: Texfan.8250

Texfan.8250

So I bought a commander tag but didn’t open it before the patch. Just tried to open but it disappeared and no tag. Does that mean I will get a refund?

So commander refund...

Mor The Thief.9135

Well, I’ve waited 2 days since the last response from support saying they’re investigating the matter.
Nothing since. Even sent a reply to that asking if there was any update. Should I be worried?