So few rifle classes...

So few rifle classes...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

How many are there? 2….

Thieves, Rangers and Warriors already use bows, and now we get silly ‘dragon hunters’ being Legolas with wings…

Yawn.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Several weapons receive this treatment, like the hammer. I think they are doing their best to address the issue in the expansion. Believe it or not, there’s not alot of longbow classes in vanilla GW2 either, just one more than the rifle.

Compare it to something like greatsword or staff.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

look on the bright side, thief is likely to get rifle

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

also thief use shortbow, where rangers can use both short and longbow, and warrior can only use longbow, so there is just as many rifle classes as there are short bow class, as well as longbow classes. and yeah hammer also have just 2 classes currently, warrior and guardian. And of the pistol only 2 classes can wield it in 2 hands (and dual wield it) namely the engineer and thief. Mace can only be used by guardian and warrior too. And about half or more of the weapons i didn’t list have 3 classes, and very few weapons have 4, and no weapon are used by more than that, so rifle is far from special there

So few rifle classes...

Exxcalibur.6203

look on the bright side, thief is likely to get rifle

Oh noes.. that means ill have to pull mine out the closet and use it…thieves are so..

Oh well, cheers.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

So few rifle classes...

Exxcalibur.6203

also thief use shortbow, where rangers can use both short and longbow, and warrior can only use longbow, so there is just as many rifle classes as there are short bow class, as well as longbow classes. and yeah hammer also have just 2 classes currently, warrior and guardian. And of the pistol only 2 classes can wield it in 2 hands (and dual wield it) namely the engineer and thief. Mace can only be used by guardian and warrior too. And about half or more of the weapons i didn’t list have 3 classes, and very few weapons have 4, and no weapon are used by more than that, so rifle is far from special there

Yeah, it’s more of a badly disguised ‘really dislike bow guardian dragonhunter’ post, if I am honest.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Rifle ranger and I’ll be in heaven…

And Engineer, IMO, doesn’t count as a rifle user. Yes, they use the weapons of type “Rifle”, but it’s a shotgun no matter how you look at it.

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Problems with these weapons is that bows are nearly always superior to rifles and thus used over rifles when able. Same with Greatswords and hammers. They’re nearly always a superior weapon over greatsword so they’re used most often.

Issue is them pigeon holing certain weapon types, hammer = CC etc. They really should try to balance them all to be somewhat comparable damage wise so it’s not greatsword or nothing.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Rifle: Warrior and Engineer (2)
Shortbow: Ranger and Thief (2)
Hammer: Warrior and Guardian (2)*
Mace: Guardian and Warrior (2)*

So yeah, rifle among others are in the same situation, too few can use them.

• number will change after HoT, Engineer and Revenant will use hammer and Rev will also use mace.
Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Believe it or not, there’s not alot of longbow classes in vanilla GW2 either, just one more than the rifle.

What? I can only thing of 2 longbow classes, warrior and ranger. There are also only 2 rifle classes, warrior and engineer. Am I missing something?

I truly hope thieves will get a rifle with their specialization.

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: brokenrabbit.6538

brokenrabbit.6538

Problems with these weapons is that bows are nearly always superior to rifles and thus used over rifles when able. .

I use a rifle on my warrior over a bow. It’s most especially useful when soloing champs, as I can use a combination of Aimed Shot, Rifle Butt, Savage Leap and Bolas to keep them slow and away from me.

Throw bolas, rolling back and following Brutal Shot with the Kill Shot burst and then Volley, then rolling in using Whirling Axe to quickly recharge adrenaline while Bolas recharge, rinse and repeat.

I haven’t been able to adapt to the bow so well, it just doesn’t fit my playstyle. But you’re talking to a Sword/Axe warrior, I don’t exactly play the meta.

(edited by brokenrabbit.6538)

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

very few weapons have 4, and no weapon are used by more than that

One handed sword is.
-Mesmer
-Thief
-Ranger
-Warrior
-Guardian

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

very few weapons have 4, and no weapon are used by more than that

One handed sword is.
-Mesmer
-Thief
-Ranger
-Warrior
-Guardian

And soon 7 with the add of Revenant and Tempest.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

So few rifle classes...

GummiBear.2756

… okay i was wrong there is ONE weapon with 5… doesn’t change my point in the slightest (and no underwater weapons doesn’t count either)

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

… okay i was wrong there is ONE weapon with 5… doesn’t change my point in the slightest (and no underwater weapons doesn’t count either)

Dagger
Sword
Greatsword
Staff(after HoT)

All have five, with most of the others having 4 after HoT.

So few rifle classes...

GummiBear.2756

Dagger
Sword
Greatsword
Staff(after HoT)

All have five, with most of the others having 4 after HoT.

Dagger have 4 (Necro, Thief, Ele, ranger, and ranger is even only offhand so could argue for 3½ only)
sword has 5 as stated earlier
Greatsword has 4 (Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer)
Staff is 4 (Guardian, Ele, Mesmer, Necro)
So yes sword is the ONLY weapon with 5, and even if you were right it would STILL not change my point the sligthest, the fact that rifle is FAR from alone in being on 2 classes only and a lot of weps still being 3, which is only 1 above

and since OP is saying 2 rifle and while not official it is pretty certain that thief gets rifle in HoT we are obviously talking about current pre-exp GW2

(I’m not stupid enough to not double and triple check my facts when i make a mistake once :P)

(edited by GummiBear.2756)

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I included confirmed HoT, which even if rumored for thief it still puts it below. Admittedly I did misread Daggers on the 5th and included offhand.

The OP is talking about giving Guardians Rifles instead of longbow(which is another 2 now 3), which would indicate he was talking about confirmed HoT.

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

If rifles pierced by default that would be a great help.

I also think if they had a 1300 range just for a little bit of incentive and to match the character of the weapon, that would be great.

I remember when killshot was 5000 range! It was to much, but I could see a skill like that at 2000 range. I always thought engi mortar should have been 3000 range it was so hard to use it… Could have given it a niche in defending…

So few rifle classes...

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

If thief gets rifle, inb4 predator’s price goes up x10.

I know I will be working toward it if so :P

Just hope thief gets a cool sound effect like the grenade barrage WHUUUUUUUUUUURRR when grenadier traited on engi.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT