So gw2 has finaly made...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Character progression irrelevant with new content. Kinda late since we knew that from back in the demo.

Masteries are character progression. Time i spend unlocking things which now in pof are useless because you dont require hot. Thats sooooo crap. Instead of making progression meaningless just give us alternative way to get to places and explore with the help of hot masteries. This feels just like underwater and anet abandoning it the diff is hot masteries arent trash.

Since i cba t make a diff thread about this and im already talking about masteries i might as well include it here.

Why are there not lore masteries? Masteries about getting familiar with the ppl of elona. The awoken, the djin, the elonians, the margonites( if theres any), the forgotten (if theres any). I understand that gliding was the best and mount improve on that but come on there are so many interesting groups in this expac why not take the opportunity to improve the lore based ones as well

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

when it comes to the part about lore. yes anet did drop the ball on it. but as of late have tried to fix it for the new players to the game. that never played the first guild wars .

but yet them doing so their is a lot of lore that anet did not add up or they got it wrong . even wooden potatoes made that point very clear in his newest video about this

I think a lore masteries would be a great add to the game . but yet again anet missed out on that chance. but it does not mean they can not fix it and still do it. just something I am sure anet will not do tho .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

wait, so.. all we’re going to get are the mount masteries?
I didn’t inform myself alot (intentionally), but I always assumed ANet just didn’t show us everything yet, and we will get some other masteries, such as the nuhoch, itzel, etc. masteries from HoT…

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

I didn’t inform myself alot (intentionally), but I always assumed ANet just didn’t show us everything yet, and we will get some other masteries, such as the nuhoch, itzel, etc. masteries from HoT…

Just mount masteries.

TBH, while the other masteries were nice, they didn’t really serve any purpose, other than to lock content away (like vendors), and once you had them, you never had to think of them again.

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Character progression irrelevant with new content. Kinda late since we knew that from back in the demo.

Masteries are character progression. Time i spend unlocking things which now in pof are useless because you dont require hot. Thats sooooo crap. Instead of making progression meaningless just give us alternative way to get to places and explore with the help of hot masteries. This feels just like underwater and anet abandoning it the diff is hot masteries arent trash.

Since i cba t make a diff thread about this and im already talking about masteries i might as well include it here.

Why are there not lore masteries? Masteries about getting familiar with the ppl of elona. The awoken, the djin, the elonians, the margonites( if theres any), the forgotten (if theres any). I understand that gliding was the best and mount improve on that but come on there are so many interesting groups in this expac why not take the opportunity to improve the lore based ones as well

Sadly, PoF is standalone, so you won’t require HoT to play it anyway, and some people won’t have HoT. They can’t make it too exclusive. HoT masteries will make small appearances however, as they have already confirmed gliding is a fairly important mastery to have even in the desert.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

zealex.9410

Sadly, PoF is standalone, so you won’t require HoT to play it anyway, and some people won’t have HoT. They can’t make it too exclusive. HoT masteries will make small appearances however, as they have already confirmed gliding is a fairly important mastery to have even in the desert.

That doesnt mean it cant have updraft of mushrooms or w/e. U missunderstood me im not saying lock ways of exploring behind hot im saying for hot players give us hot way to get to places you can also get with mounts or by being a parkour pro.

zealex.9410

Just mount masteries.

TBH, while the other masteries were nice, they didn’t really serve any purpose, other than to lock content away (like vendors), and once you had them, you never had to think of them again.

Like the gliding mastery they could improve upon.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

yes and anet said when they was telling every thing about the new pack . more so at the end of this last week guild chat. to not look for anything at all they not said

meaning their will be no surprises at all when the new pack comes out as they pointed out all surprises and their will be no big secret stuff they not told about when the game comes out as it is out already

wooden potatoes even has pointed out these facts in his videos

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

maybe its just a trick so we’re even more surprised when there is more stuff than they said? jk

PistolWhip.2697

That doesnt mean it cant have updraft of mushrooms or w/e. U missunderstood me im not saying lock ways of exploring behind hot im saying for hot players give us hot way to get to places you can also get with mounts or by being a parkour pro.

Well as I said, they have confirmed and it was in the beta weekend, you can use gliding a lot with updrafts there to reach locations you wouldn’t be able to as early.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

maybe its just a trick so we’re even more surprised when there is more stuff than they said? jk

yeah nope not happen at all like that you should watch wooden potatoes new videos where he points out this fact and makes it very clear . myself got the idea from watching the video he was not kind of happy with that one as well as some other things

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

They did improve on gliding, albiet in minimal ways, Bloodstone Fen gliding abilities for example. No, you can’t use every where, but not my point.

Providing a mastery improvement would have been a good place with the Living story, not with an expansion. Especially when that expansion is stand alone. You could say that that mastery isn’t needed, but you’ll have people that will want it anyway and feel that they are being forced to buy HoT.

Yes, they could add the speed boost mushrooms to PoF areas, but not really useful when you have mounts that provide the same speed boost, without the downside of having to find the next mushroom before the boost expires. They could still use bouncing mushrooms, but then that still directly counters the mounts. There is no reason to create an area that could be gotten to with HoT masteries, that can not be gotten to with PoF masteries.

All in all, I agree with you, they could do more with it, but they can’t spend all of their time on it, they eventually have to move on to something else. Also, with each expansion intended to be stand-alone, there will be little cross-over of masteries, and that is how it should be, unless you want the previous expansion to be required for the new, in which case, I disagree.

zealex.9410

Well as I said, they have confirmed and it was in the beta weekend, you can use gliding a lot with updrafts there to reach locations you wouldn’t be able to as early.

U have a mention of updrafts be there etc?

PistolWhip.2697

U have a mention of updrafts be there etc?

If you look around you can see them in the trailers in the background.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT