So, how are the t7 mats treating you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

As a quick reminder those are Bloodstone Dust, Emperyal Fragments, Dragonite Ore.
I want to see how things have changed over the years for people

• Do you have too many of any of these? What do you end up doing with them?
  • Do you have too little of any of these? How do you usually get them?
  • Do you have, or would like to have one of the items that consumes these materials? If you do have one, how difficult was the process for you to get one?
  • Would you like to see more of these eaters?
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: suicidalspectre.8106

suicidalspectre.8106

1. No. I have all the consuming items. Thus they get turned into treasure.
2. No see above. World boss runs seems to work best for farming for me.
3. Some of them take a long time or money(mawdry) others can be done by following a simple wiki(princess). The most annoying imho was the wintersday only one. Being time gated sucks.
4. While they’re nice, they clog up inventory. I prefer the newer currency that can be made into magic. Although I wish they were depositable too.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I still have a ton of Bloodstone because I’ve never completed Mawdrey II (need to do Fractals). Don’t have an excess of Emperyal or Dragonite to use the Anomolies anymore to keep the dust down.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Do you have too many of any of these? What do you end up doing with them?

Sometimes I do. Mostly, I can keep up with the backlog. When I can’t, I make the mats for the vision crystals or I delete.

• Do you have too little of any of these? How do you usually get them?

almost never. they accumulate since I do a little of everything

• Do you have, or would like to have one of the items that consumes these materials? If you do have one, how difficult was the process for you to get one?

They aren’t really worth the time. I use them because they are there and I have an inventory management that allows me to have too many.

Absolutely not. There’s no reason for that these have to be worth something. Eaters take up more space. If ANet doesn’t want to release recipes that use these, then I say ANet should encourage people to delete them, rather than worry about it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Absolutely not. There’s no reason for that these have to be worth something. Eaters take up more space. If ANet doesn’t want to release recipes that use these, then I say ANet should encourage people to delete them, rather than worry about it.

Mmmm, I’d rather see something more generic that consumed stuff, than more eaters.

They, alone, are the single thing that is making me consider saving the money toward a permanent bank access contract.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m not overflowing with T7, but I also don’t farm the new zones. Quick in, quick out, then on to other things. So, my eaters can keep up with it.

Still, if every time we get a new zone, we get a new eater, that’s not sustainable. A bigger favor to us would be changing the function of those eaters to a vendor/home unlock that lets us trade in materials a limited number of times per day in exchange for the usual loot.

And to be honest, I’m sad that Bloodstone Shards, etc. went to the materials tab instead of the currency tab.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

I prefer the newer currency that can be made into magic. Although I wish they were depositable too.

They can be deposited…

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

I periodically pop into bloodstone fen JUST to farm bloodstone dust. Which I then turn into ley-line infused tools for my guild hall.

Now an eater for airship oil…that I could be talked into. I’ve deleted probably 30 or more stacks of that in the last year or so.

(edited by Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946)

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

I periodically pop into bloodstone fen JUST to farm bloodstone dust. Which I then turn into ley-line infused tools for my guild hall.

Now an eater for airship oil…that I could be talked into. I’ve deleted probably 30 or more stacks of that in the last year or so.

Yeah, I keep destroying mine too.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Bloodstone Dust: Becomes Toxic utilities for massive profit.
Dragonite Ore: Now becomes Magnanimous utilities for personal use.
Empyreal Fragments: Feed it to the Star of Gratitude to keep it from taking over my bank.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

My Mawdrey II, Princess and Star of Gratitude are well-fed. And if I need to get rid of more, Herta or the Sentient Aberration/Anomaly/Oddity get a helping as well. Thus, I’m able to keep the quantities in check.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I have plenty of Empyreal (plus the eater to handle excess) but never enough of the other two to make the ascended gear I want. I guess I just don’t do enough of the content that generates those two, and have never been much of a farmer. The newer maps help.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1. i have pretty much all consuming items so i actually don’t have enough of t7s
2. all i do is pvp and raiding, so all i get them from is… pvp~
3. see point 1. I don’t remember tbh, been a while. Overall i would say they were relatively easy to get.
4. my bags are full with all kind of fluff so no, ty.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>