So i just got a dusk and now its gone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

The last part here is where the selfish part becomes apparent – other stuff has happened to people where they didn’t get refunded, therefore this guy shouldn’t get refunded, i.e. “stuff happened in the past that bothered me concerning Anet’s policies about items, therefore everyone should have to hurt like I do.” You know your own mind better than I do or anyone else here. Maybe I’m completely off – but how you’re coming across is not in a good way.

You are just assuming. I never had a support issue concerning lost or destroyed items and I never made a mistake like this. Yet I also think he does not deserve it back. This is not seflish at all. I am merely considering the outcome if the knowledge gets spread that whenever you make a mistake in the game, you can ask support to reverse it for you.

Yes it was a precursor. So what? What if someone else throws something of comparable value into the forge that is not a precursor? Should he also get it back? Or is he not special enough? What if someone throws something in that costs 100 gold less? Is he out of luck because his loss was not high enough? This is all bull. Either reimburse everybody for mistakes they make, or nobody. In my opinion it should be nobody. Because everybody is too much work for support, which WE have to pay in the end.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Goodluck. I know from personal experience that GW2 Customer Support is one of the best in this industry. They are super awesome. I really hope they can help you!

@fellyn: They can confirm it. Everything is in their knowledge. They can see if you forged, sold, destroyed, or got anything in the game. The game logs every. single. thing. that happens to everyone.

Doesn’t change the fact that it shouldn’t be reimbursed when he did it to himself.

I can understand if there was a glitch or something that resulted in it disappearing from his inventory but that isn’t the case.

I wasn’t commenting on your opinion about whether or not he should get it back. My comment at you was directed at the fact that you stated that ANet couldn’t do something. That is not true, they can, and they have. My case was one of them. It was almost similar to this, only it was T3 Cultural Armor I accidentally Transmuted in a wrong direction back before they updated the icons and they all looked basic. ANet sent me a new Chest skin. Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes you can get help and others you have to chalk it up to a “learning experience” and move on. There is nothing wrong with supporting someone in getting help and answering their questions. You are fully allowed your opinions but don’t push your opinions on me or use silly arguments like “It doesn’t chance the fact.” All I did was address the part of your post about what ANet can and can’t do when it comes to lost items.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

The last part here is where the selfish part becomes apparent – other stuff has happened to people where they didn’t get refunded, therefore this guy shouldn’t get refunded, i.e. “stuff happened in the past that bothered me concerning Anet’s policies about items, therefore everyone should have to hurt like I do.” You know your own mind better than I do or anyone else here. Maybe I’m completely off – but how you’re coming across is not in a good way.

You are just assuming. I never had a support issue concerning lost or destroyed items and I never made a mistake like this. Yet I also think he does not deserve it back. This is not seflish at all. I am merely considering the outcome if the knowledge gets spread that whenever you make a mistake in the game, you can ask support to reverse it for you.

Yes it was a precursor. So what? What if someone else throws something of comparable value into the forge that is not a precursor? Should he also get it back? Or is he not special enough? What if someone throws something in that costs 100 gold less? Is he out of luck because his loss was not high enough? This is all bull. Either reimburse everybody for mistakes they make, or nobody. In my opinion it should be nobody. Because everybody is too much work for support, which WE have to pay in the end.

Firstly, for a person to get a precursor is rare enough as it is. For a person to accidentally lose it would be an even rarer “once in a blue moon” event. So I hardly think this issue being resolved with a refund would cause some major influx of report tickets for people asking for lost precursors to be refunded. I think you’re over-exaggerating on the possible repercussions of such an issue, when in reality, the repercussions would be insignificant, if not nonexistent.

In most cases, if people lose something insignificant like a normal rare or exotic, they won’t bother to report it because it would be easier to just make a few gold to reacquire the item than it would to wait for support to respond. In the cases of losing rare, expensive items, I think people are generally quite careful in that regard and not prone to mistakes. If mistakes do happen, it will be rarely. I see no reason not to help a player if they lose something that would take a significant amount of time and effort to acquire just because of an accident, especially if it’s a precursor.

If I recall correctly, I’ve seen situations where Anet gives refunds on items (especially gem store items) if the item was accidentally lost when a character was deleted, etc, so I don’t see why they can’t refund a much more valuable precursor. Of course, the simple solution which would help both Anet and everyone else, and eliminate most of the work involved, would be to simply upgrade precursors to ascended quality items.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Goodluck. I know from personal experience that GW2 Customer Support is one of the best in this industry. They are super awesome. I really hope they can help you!

@fellyn: They can confirm it. Everything is in their knowledge. They can see if you forged, sold, destroyed, or got anything in the game. The game logs every. single. thing. that happens to everyone.

Doesn’t change the fact that it shouldn’t be reimbursed when he did it to himself.

I can understand if there was a glitch or something that resulted in it disappearing from his inventory but that isn’t the case.

I agree that the OP shouldn’t be reimbursed. It would be a real kitten move by CS to all of the people they said “nope” to when it involved different circumstances. Any mistakes or faults of the player should be considered separately from glitches – all or nothing. I don’t like the idea that there are double standards when it comes to restoring deleted items that resulted from haste.

If I recall correctly, I’ve seen situations where Anet gives refunds on items (especially gem store items) if the item was accidentally lost when a character was deleted, etc

Sure as kitten never happened for me on the character I accidentally deleted that had some infinite gathering tools. They told me tough luck and closed the ticket. Which is perfectly reasonable, it’s their policy – I have no problems with an enforced policy, just when CS decides to practice double standards for some reason.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Precursors are highly expensive item which the OP earned through RNG…And unfortunately lost it through a mistake he did not wish for. I see no reason why he shouldn’t be reimbursed. Regardless of what has happened in the past.

Don’t wish for things to happen to others, that you wouldn’t want happening to yourself. GW forums sure is an unpleasant place…

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I agree that the OP shouldn’t be reimbursed. It would be a real kitten move by CS to all of the people they said “nope” to when it involved different circumstances. Any mistakes or faults of the player should be considered separately from glitches – all or nothing. I don’t like the idea that there are double standards when it comes to restoring deleted items that resulted from haste.

If I recall correctly, I’ve seen situations where Anet gives refunds on items (especially gem store items) if the item was accidentally lost when a character was deleted, etc

Sure as kitten never happened for me on the character I accidentally deleted that had some infinite gathering tools. They told me tough luck and closed the ticket. Which is perfectly reasonable, it’s their policy – I have no problems with an enforced policy, just when CS decides to practice double standards for some reason.

I would understand your frustration in that situation, but don’t you think it’s a bit cynical to expect other players to be punished for something that happened to you? On the contrary, I think it’s a failing on Anet’s part and that it is something they should address, even if it means reevaluation or tweaking their policy. It’s certainly in Anet’s best interests to support those who financially support them and I can’t see how or why it should be any other way, especially if Anet wants to retain the trust and loyalty of their consumer base.

I say this as someone who has also had one of my report tickets refused.

Posted by: thepalemagpie.9625

thepalemagpie.9625

I deleted one or two of my infinite gathering tools ages ago because it was soulbound at the time (account bound infinite gathering tools weren’t a thing back then) and I wanted to make a new character and there was no way to transfer it. Then a couple months later they were made account bound, but you still had to use that character with the soulbound version and cash it in at an npc (and I figured that would be the case so either way I was at a loss because I had no more gems to buy another character slot on the off chance that one day they’d become account bound).

Needless to say the ticket I sent in was rejected and basically told they don’t return deleted items (well that’s funny cause others have had their items returned).

But being as this is a dusk and they’d get a lot of hassle if it wasn’t returned, I wouldn’t be surprised if you get your item back.

Double standards for some I guess.

That’s weird, cos they helped my boyfriend get his consortium tools back after he rerolled his character. O.o It took about 2 weeks, but in teh end he logged in one day and they’d been mailed to him by anet and he had am email from customer support about it.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Yeah, I remember accidentally salvaging my fractal axe (it’s exotic level quality and doesn’t even ask if you wish to salvage it; similar to items of masterwork quality and below.) I sent a ticket, and they refused to refund.

Nevertheless, I totally hope this guy gets his precursor back.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Thanks for the support everyone! fingers crossed

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Some of ya’ll just don’t get it. People who think he shouldn’t get it back don’t say so because they’re cruel or want him to suffer. There was once a thing called “responsibility.” I know, this is a freakin’ video game. But looking at the facts the Forging of his Dusk is entirely, 100% his fault. He got it and wasn’t careful and in the clicking frenzy we all usually do when Forging things he didn’t notice he put it in. It’s not like he got it and then the game client crashed and he logged back in and it was gone. He wasn’t paying attention. Honestly, I don’t think it should be refunded either. It’s nice if it is, I’m glad for you, but in principle, you kittened up and it’s your fault, not Anet’s.

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Some of ya’ll just don’t get it. People who think he shouldn’t get it back don’t say so because they’re cruel or want him to suffer. There was once a thing called “responsibility.” I know, this is a freakin’ video game. But looking at the facts the Forging of his Dusk is entirely, 100% his fault. He got it and wasn’t careful and in the clicking frenzy we all usually do when Forging things he didn’t notice he put it in. It’s not like he got it and then the game client crashed and he logged back in and it was gone. He wasn’t paying attention. Honestly, I don’t think it should be refunded either. It’s nice if it is, I’m glad for you, but in principle, you kittened up and it’s your fault, not Anet’s.

No, we do get it. We do know it’s his fault and that he messed up and made a mistake. However, that still doesn’t mean we don’t want him to get a refund. I as a human being find joy in the joy of others, I congratulate them when they get a precursor and I feel happy for them when they get a legendary. I don’t begrudge them of it just because they got something I didn’t, or because I feel left out. Likewise, I feel bummed when others feel down. I don’t want them to feel down just like I myself don’t enjoy feeling down. It’s a game so I want to enjoy myself and I want others to enjoy themselves.

I don’t see why we should destroy someone’s enjoyment over a mistake. It is just a game and the items in it are digital. ANet loses nothing over giving him his precursor back. We as players lose nothing. The only thing that happens is that someone gains happiness and enjoyment. Why the hell would I or anyone else want to deny someone their happiness and enjoyment, I honestly cannot fathom, especially when that happiness is at no cost to anyone else. I could understand being against it if it was a huge inconvenience to other players, but it is not. O_o

I just really don’t get your mentality. Lol. He made the mistake, I’m sure he’s learned from it and will not be inclined to make it again. Let him have his dusk back and let him enjoy it, and for heaven’s sake, let’s try to feel enthusiastic for some positive outcomes for a change instead of always expecting or hoping for negative outcomes.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, avoiding all the conflict (for once), I really do hope you get your Dusk back. Everyone makes mistakes. This is a game.

People don’t need to be penalized for their mistakes.

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Thanks for the positive replies. and im keeping out of the conflict lol. have more important issues right now.

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

i just bought 20$ worth of gems and got some rare greatswords to throw into the forge. I managed to get a dusk and as i was putting the other exotics i got back into the forge i put the dusk in by mistake too as i was side tracked at the same time. Is there anyway of getting it back? i have also submitted a support ticket.

I hope you don’t get it back since it was your own kitten fault. Maybe check before you throw stuff in the mystic toilet next time!

kins.3294

OP, avoiding all the conflict (for once), I really do hope you get your Dusk back. Everyone makes mistakes. This is a game.

Ye, people shouldn’t get punished for their mistakes! Pulling triggers on accident is also a mistake, guess they shouldn’t be punished. People transfer peoples pension funds to their own bank account on accident, shouldn’t be punished.

You need to draw the line somewhere otherwise the world would become even more chaotic.

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Well, the evil side of me is like “good, good, I don’t have one, so netiher should you c:<” but then I feel like a…like a centaur, and so I hope you will get it back.

Let the hate flow through you

Attachments:

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Ye, people shouldn’t get punished for their mistakes! Pulling triggers on accident is also a mistake, guess they shouldn’t be punished. People transfer peoples pension funds to their own bank account on accident, shouldn’t be punished.

You need to draw the line somewhere otherwise the world would become even more chaotic.

You’re comparing a situation where someone has harmed others, to a situation where they have not.

The OP hasn’t shot anyone or harmed anyone, therefor he shouldn’t be punished. Heaven forbid you should ever break your leg falling, only to get to the emergency room for treatment where the doctor says “sorry, I won’t operate on you because it’s your fault you fell and broke your leg.” There’s a difference between punishing someone for harming others, and punishing someone in a situation where they haven’t harmed anyone or have, conversely, accidentally harmed themselves. O_o

Your “one size fits all” approach is not only shallow, but also illogical. You have to evaluate and respond to each situation based on its own merits.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I wasn’t commenting on your opinion about whether or not he should get it back. My comment at you was directed at the fact that you stated that ANet couldn’t do something. That is not true, they can, and they have. My case was one of them. It was almost similar to this, only it was T3 Cultural Armor I accidentally Transmuted in a wrong direction back before they updated the icons and they all looked basic. ANet sent me a new Chest skin. Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes you can get help and others you have to chalk it up to a “learning experience” and move on. There is nothing wrong with supporting someone in getting help and answering their questions. You are fully allowed your opinions but don’t push your opinions on me or use silly arguments like “It doesn’t chance the fact.” All I did was address the part of your post about what ANet can and can’t do when it comes to lost items.

Okay. I wasn’t aware they could. I remember reading in the past that people have sought the help of support to retrieve items that were deleted from hacked accounts and they (CS) said they don’t have the tools to do it.

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

I have been in a similar situation myself. I noticed that I had the hunter skin unlocked and assumed I had done the same thing. I found support to be extremely helpful. They checked my account and confirmed that I had unlocked it as a pvp reward prior to the patch.

Best of luck getting it returned.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’m curious how it’s selfish. That implies there is something for me to gain by this random guy I don’t know not getting a precursor reimbursed to him.

You asked, so I will indulge. Your original words:

It’s your own fault, you shouldn’t get it back.

I am simply extrapolating the attitude therein.

“You shouldn’t get it back because…” Then I filled in the blanks. And you happened to confirm them for me:

It is his own fault, therefor he should not be reimbursed.

Nevermind that anet in the past hasn’t refunded people things for reasons beyond their control, but this guy made an oops so he should be treated special.

Again though, like I said, arguing the point is irrelevant (Anet is not going to change their policies for items based on a few vague forum arguments about fairness), so saying he shouldn’t get it back (in this thread) is kind of like going into a poor part of town and saying, “Government welfare programs are unfair to taxpayers.”

It’s more like, anet refused to refund items in the past from people who had their accounts hacked before anet had all their security measures in place.

So if they can’t/won’t refund items for people who lost them for reasons beyond their control they shouldn’t refund them for people who lost items where it was their own fault. That is what you call fair. The value of the items lost is irrelevant.

kins.3294

You’re comparing a situation where someone has harmed others, to a situation where they have not.

The OP hasn’t shot anyone or harmed anyone, therefor he shouldn’t be punished. Heaven forbid you should ever break your leg falling, only to get to the emergency room for treatment where the doctor says “sorry, I won’t operate on you because it’s your fault you fell and broke your leg.” There’s a difference between punishing someone for harming others, and punishing someone in a situation where they haven’t harmed anyone or have, conversely, accidentally harmed themselves. O_o

Your “one size fits all” approach is not only shallow, but also illogical. You have to evaluate and respond to each situation based on its own merits.

He harmed the market of precursors which affect all of us! 1 less precursor on the TP means higher prices for us, so yes! He has harmed us.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

So if you accidentally trip and fall one day and break a leg, I guess the bystanders or paramedics will just say “well, it’s your fault so you don’t deserve to get help or treatment.”

That’s not a very apt comparison to the situation at hand.

Being helped by paramedics is the equivalent of being helped by fellow players, the first step in a long period of recovery.

The sword being returned is the equivalent of a supreme, omnipotent being that exists outside of our reality to reach in and magically un-break the leg, making it as if it was never broken to begin with.

Would you expect a supreme, omnipotent being that exists outside of our reality to step in and un-break your leg when you clumsily stumble and fall?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Disingenuous response is disingenuous. I quantified it by saying this was a GAME. No one was hurt by the OP’s mistake. No one got hit by a bullet. Seriously, you just disagree with me, because you don’t like what I’ve said in other threads.

People buy games to relax and be entertained. This kind of mistake can happen. Making someone pay for it isn’t likely to accomplish anything positive. It’s not like there’s a need to rehabilitate here.

Anyway, from my experience, the people who say loudest that other people need to pay for their mistakes are often the people who are the first to cry foul when they make a mistake themselves.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

People don’t need to pay for their mistakes. Just live with them.

kins.3294

Disingenuous response is disingenuous. I quantified it by saying this was a GAME. No one was hurt by the OP’s mistake. No one got hit by a bullet. Seriously, you just disagree with me, because you don’t like what I’ve said in other threads.

People buy games to relax and be entertained. This kind of mistake can happen. Making someone pay for it isn’t likely to accomplish anything positive. It’s not like there’s a need to rehabilitate here.

Anyway, from my experience, the people who say loudest that other people need to pay for their mistakes are often the people who are the first to cry foul when they make a mistake themselves.

In most cases that is very true, however I never make mistakes just calculated errors

Tenrai Senshi.2017

He harmed the market of precursors which affect all of us! 1 less precursor on the TP means higher prices for us, so yes! He has harmed us.

Lol. I’m just going to act under the assumption that you’re fully aware of how sensationalist and unreasonable your argument sounds and that you’re just trolling for a reaction now.

kins.3294

Lol. I’m just going to act under the assumption that you’re fully aware of how sensationalist and unreasonable your argument sounds and that you’re just trolling for a reaction now.

It is friday, I am stuck at uni and insanely bored!

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Don’t worry, so am I (bored). There’s a reason I’m here debating on a thread that would probably be healthier to avoid. XD

kins.3294

Don’t worry, so am I. There’s a reason I’m here debating on a thread that would probably be healthier to avoid. XD

I hear you! The thread name is pretty misleading though, I thought his precursor disappeared , but now it appears who he threw it in the mystic toilet!

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Well, the evil side of me is like “good, good, I don’t have one, so netiher should you c:<” but then I feel like a…like a centaur, and so I hope you will get it back.

Let the hate flow through you

Thank you for lols, kind sir. =P

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s more like, anet refused to refund items in the past from people who had their accounts hacked before anet had all their security measures in place.

So if they can’t/won’t refund items for people who lost them for reasons beyond their control they shouldn’t refund them for people who lost items where it was their own fault. That is what you call fair. The value of the items lost is irrelevant.

And yet… there is no such thing as easy, blanket fairness when you’re dealing with people-driven, nuanced circumstances. I’m willing to bet that if you had the job of support for a few days, you would begin to realize that every situation is different and although you have to follow policy, sometimes it’s just a matter of using your judgment.

There’s a reason support teams for games use real people and not automated systems.

Once upon a time, I co-ran a guild in another game. Often we had to distribute loot to our peeps and we had very particular policies about how it worked. We tried our best to be fair with those policies, but sometimes there just was no completely fair option. Or the “fair” option wasn’t actually justified. So we had to improvise.

And though some people became jaded or left due to loot, as people inevitably due with any loot distribution system, many others loved our setup for doing its best to be fair in every decision and they trusted our ability to discern. The moral of the story is, if you think Anet’s support team is good, consider that maybe they do their best to be fair on every decision and that’s what makes you like them.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

i just bought 20$ worth of gems and got some rare greatswords to throw into the forge. I managed to get a dusk and as i was putting the other exotics i got back into the forge i put the dusk in by mistake too as i was side tracked at the same time. Is there anyway of getting it back? i have also submitted a support ticket.

Rookie mistake, there’s a guy on YouTube that did that with the rifle precursor lol

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

>People wishing loss on the player for blundering and dropping an extremely low success rate item because it was his fault.

Feels are showing.

If the logs said you got it, you should get a one time re-do. you may never get that chance again.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Don’t worry.

If you contacted support they will help you. Every time I’ve had something like this happen in game they responded quickly and were very friendly.

Be sure to post in here when it’s resolved with pics of your new weapon.

Cuddy.6247

I would understand your frustration in that situation, but don’t you think it’s a bit cynical to expect other players to be punished for something that happened to you? On the contrary, I think it’s a failing on Anet’s part and that it is something they should address, even if it means reevaluation or tweaking their policy. It’s certainly in Anet’s best interests to support those who financially support them and I can’t see how or why it should be any other way, especially if Anet wants to retain the trust and loyalty of their consumer base.

Not cynical, only fair. If an incident such as this was responded to with favor to the OP, I would encourage and advise anyone who was told no to use is this as a precedent to re-open their tickets and get their lost items back that they accidentally deleted in haste. He didn’t lose it by some glitch where it went into the forge magically, he just clicked in haste and it happened. There was nothing, nothing, server-side that went wrong. A good customer service just can’t have double standards, it’s not the way things work – no two ways around it.

I’m willing to bet that if you had the job of support for a few days, you would begin to realize that every situation is different and although you have to follow policy, sometimes it’s just a matter of using your judgment.

Absolutely, the judgment here being that he was in a clicking frenzy and accidentally lost Dusk by his own merits. If they refused to refund people before for casual slip-ups, then a case like this shall either be decisively declined by support or should be used as evidence by everyone who ever had a refused ticket.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Not cynical, only fair. If an incident such as this was responded to with favor to the OP, I would encourage and advise anyone who was told no to use is this as a precedent to re-open their tickets and get their lost items back that they accidentally deleted in haste. He didn’t lose it by some glitch where it went into the forge magically, he just clicked in haste and it happened. There was nothing, nothing, server-side that went wrong. A good customer service just can’t have double standards, it’s not the way things work – no two ways around it.

Difference: Deleting Exotics requires you to type the full name of the item. Forging Exotics has no warning whatsoever.

This wouldn’t be a double standard, it would be a separate issue.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Cuddy.6247

Difference: Deleting Exotics requires you to type the full name of the item. Forging Exotics has no warning whatsoever.

This wouldn’t be a double standard, it would be a separate issue.

Deleting characters with items that people were unaware were on them is quite the same issue. It’s haste and everyone who legitimately views that there are any isolated instances of player-fault that shouldn’t fall within the norm of customer service are too far up their own kitten to be dealt with.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Deleting characters with items that people were unaware were on them is quite the same issue. It’s haste and everyone who legitimately views that there are any isolated instances of player-fault that shouldn’t fall within the norm of customer service are too far up their own kitten to be dealt with.

The fact that you typed in the name of your character is PROOF that you INTENDED to delete that character.

That’s why this is not the same thing. There is no proof that this player intended to destroy a Precursor by forging it (especially since no SANE person WOULD intentionally destroy a Precursor by forging it).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

the toxicity of the jelly envy haters in this thread makes me lose faith in humanity.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Since we’re going there…

You are conflating two different concepts: One is essentially picking favorites for no other reason than sympathy (the concept you are decrying). The other is evaluating situations based on the circumstances and potentially acting differently based on what the circumstances are.

One is emotion-driven and biased. The other is rationally-driven and analytical. There is nothing particular to decry in the latter on principle. The only major flaw is potential human fallibility in the process and that’s where policies come in to keep people from falling into the former.

I hate to be “that guy,” but unless you have worked closely with decision-making policies and handling outlier situations that don’t quite neatly fit in standardized boxes, you probably don’t know what you’re talking about.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

It’s your own fault, you shouldn’t get it back.

Why would you even take the time to post something so mean-spirited.

It’s not mean spirited. It is his own fault, therefor he should not be reimbursed.

Their support cant refund items every time some one “accidentally” loses an item they wished to keep.

Not only that but in the past anet has said they actually have no way to do so, as well. Further there is no proof he actually had what he said he did and given the above, I don’t know if anet even has a way to verify his claim.

That’s like, your opinion man. And an especially uninformed one at that.

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

The fact that you typed in the name of your character is PROOF that you INTENDED to delete that character.

That’s why this is not the same thing. There is no proof that this player intended to destroy a Precursor by forging it (especially since no SANE person WOULD intentionally destroy a Precursor by forging it).

Do you have trouble reading? See what I bolded.

Posted by: chiweng.8127

chiweng.8127

Alright guys to get closure, my friend just got dusk back, thanks for everyone’s support, and with the negative people, I hope someday you will learn compassion for your fellow human beings as clearly you have so much to learn. Also we did have proof when he got dusk and it was recorded in the logs. everyone have a nice day!

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

After a couple days of discussion, I think this conversation has run its course. I can’t comment on how customer support may handle this issue, but TwistedFate, if you don’t hear from the CS team after 3 days from when you submitted your ticket, toss your ticket number and some brief details about your issue into this thread and somebody from the team should have a look at it.